Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
yx0gv.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
804851C5-AE54-44B7-A971-8BA6492F105B (resized).jpeg
A220E499-8CCC-4307-B0DA-8E8CD374B226 (resized).jpeg
0CB0B2DD-1726-41AD-A4A6-2B66358AC5E3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nashtyfunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 2 years ago

I was also told I had a game, confirmed multiple times from launch to as recently on Tuesday 7/6.
Then today was told I did not have a game when I finally got ahold of Terry.
It’s unfortunate this happened on a title that’s now flipping for $13k.

0CB0B2DD-1726-41AD-A4A6-2B66358AC5E3 (resized).jpeg0CB0B2DD-1726-41AD-A4A6-2B66358AC5E3 (resized).jpeg
#15 2 years ago

I had two other gentlemen in the same situation reach out to me today FB. One of them is getting their game, the other is still in the dark. I hope it works out for him.
Unfortunately I’m the guy that introduced Tux to my distro because he had a huge allotment.

A220E499-8CCC-4307-B0DA-8E8CD374B226 (resized).jpegA220E499-8CCC-4307-B0DA-8E8CD374B226 (resized).jpeg
#20 2 years ago

For what it’s worth as an impacted party, I believe they oversold their allotment and the machine was listed before they realized they were oversold and then it was removed.
I have nothing to support that, but I refuse to believe anyone is that greedy over a few grand to burn an established relationship.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Not a chance they wouldn't credit back the money, however either way when you are looking for a machine and are 100% confirmed you will get one and they pull it from you to make more from someone else why would anyone go back and use this distro again? It's still a dick move and it's happened to me more than once at the same place and I will never buy from that distributor again. It's called short sightedness. At minimum tell them your on a list that doesn't guarantee you will get one!

#41 2 years ago

That's actually what happened here. This distro isnt primarily a pinball distro, they're coin op. They told me "If a guy who buys $2-$3M of coin op wants a Mando LE that's who's going to get one." and I don't at all disagree with that position. You cant piss off that size of a relationship and you're right, it makes more sense to focus on distros who are pinball focused.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Ad is marked 'not sold' too... trying to skip the pinside fees?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/117226
There are distros that live and die by pinball - I'm not sure how we end up with so many new folks ending up with all these distros that don't really focus on pinball.... or get sucked into all the scam sites. It's not hard to find the <10 distros that are pinball oriented.

#47 2 years ago

We were just in "The Line" for a couple weeks before the announcement just like every other LE buyer. The distro oversold the games. Anyone would be mad if they were promised a machine that's hard to get and then told 2 months later "Sorry, we don't have your game". It was the same with the GnR CEs when distros thought they had more than they did. At least with the GnR I think people realized pretty quickly that they weren't getting it, not two months later when everyone is unboxing their LEs and rather than be told "Hey, we effed up" we got ghosted and had to do detective work to get the truth.

Quoted from Haymaker:

One part of me doesn't have a ton of sympathy for the guys that cut the line by being on the secret distro lists for every title and even finds a little enjoyment out of them getting burned by somebody willing to pony up a few more bucks or has a bigger wang to swing around. Still though, its a dangerous president to set. It sucks knowing even if I have the cash I'll probably have little to no chance at getting an LE. I don't blame OP for being mad, but I do think hes taking it a little too far. I don't know. Torn on this one. Did you get your money back or not? How did the distro offer to make it up to you, if at all? When you got the news did you instantly just blow up or did you guys try to talk things out a bit?

#49 2 years ago

That's me, Nash = Nashty. I was never asked to pay anything until they were ready to ship for any of the games I bought from them.

edit: a third person is in the same position we're in with them as well.

Quoted from twenty84:

Someone posted a similar story on Facebook yesterday with a pic that implies this is the same distributor. In that story the game wasn't actually paid. Is this the same transaction or multiple transactions from the same dealer?
[quoted image]

#56 2 years ago

I know everyone has asked this question a lot, and since I dont feel like working I'll answer for the OP.

They took his CC info for the machine back and March to pay for it. It sounds like Colt never entered his info in to charge him but since we stopped hearing from him, that wasn't confirmed until later yesterday after talking to the owner of the distro.

So, yes he got his money back.

#58 2 years ago

Yes, same distro, same experience that I posted about on FB yesterday. Looks like there are at least 3 of us that were promised Mando LEs that got boxed out.

Quoted from twenty84:

Was this also with Moss Distributing? It sucks but being "in line" or "on the list" without paying anything is different than paying $9500 then having the game sold to some one else which is what the OP here is at least implying happened.

#62 2 years ago

Somewhere between 2-3.
They got their full allotment and pushed people out for other coin op clients. We'll never know if they sold our machines for more $$, but there was an ad after they got their machines in for $4k over MSRP. They definitely took his CC for a deposit months ago. I dont think they ended up charging it, but that wouldnt make a difference to me if I was the OP. If you sell me something and take my card for a deposit, whether you charge it or not, I've mentally paid my spot.
I think it would be different too if they didnt get their full allotment. They did, and are "the largest Stern distributor in the country" (per the owner). They had more LEs than just about everyone.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Scenario 1: On the list for a Mando LE and was told I was good. When the Mandos came out, the distributor didn’t get their full allotment and I got screwed out of a game.
-That sucks-
Scenario 2: On the list for a Mando LE and was told I was good. When the Mandos came out, the distributor told me they didn’t get their full allotment and I got screwed out of a game. Later on, I saw that same distributor selling Mando LEs at $4,000 over MSRP… presumably my Mando in that lot.
-Distributor is dead to me-
Scenario 3: On the list for a Mando LE and was told I was good. Paid my deposit. When the Mandos came out, the distributor told me they didn’t get their full allotment and I got screwed out of a game. Later on, I saw that same distributor selling Mando LEs at $4,000 over MSRP… presumably my Mando in that lot.
-Distributor is dead to me and all of pinside and added to the list of scam distributors on pinside, and banned from further ads on pinside unless there is a proper explanation from the distributor.
Which scenario is this?
Edit: Spelling

#65 2 years ago

The saga of Jeffrey and Phillip is a lot less exciting than Tux v. Colt

Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

So that I can follow up clearly, lets go through the timeline....
[quoted image]

#74 2 years ago

If you felt for me, feel worse for him. I'm the guy that got him with my distro because they said they had room still pre-announcement and bragged about how many LEs they were going to have. So many that the guy we were working with was going to keep two for himself. I drug Tux into getting hosed. We both got nothing but a run around and treated like garbage. It's a crap deal no matter what lens you put on it. I just shared my story on FB, it's the same story though.

Quoted from Haymaker:

Nash I saw your post on FB yesterday and I'm on your side for the most part and I can tell you're a good guy. As far as OP I'm still trying to get some more details before I decide how bad I want to feel

#85 2 years ago

I can understand that. Bunch of “rich guys” who are used to getting what they want get hosed out of a $10k toy that no one needs.
I can see how silly the whole thing is from the outside. It hurts to think you’ve made a business relationship and friendship with someone to then be cut out due to incompetence and them not have the decency to reach out and own it like a professional/man/decent human.
I still haven’t heard from him. It’s also easier for my to swallow because I just went out and bought another Mando LE at a slightly higher price.
Getting deeper into my story, I was actually promised this pin at dealer cost, so not only did I miss on my expected machine, I’m paying thousands more because of it.
I’m obviously not like about to start a go fund me, I’m going to be just fine. It’s just my personal style to trust people and if I get burned or screwed over, it happened and I’ll move on. It’s not gonna sit hard on my mind for long. I don’t have the time or patience for a grudge.
Everyone has a different way to process being lied to and dicked over though, I try not to judge people who handle a grief situation differently than I do, cause I used to be a raving asshole in spots like this and I’m just not that person anymore.

Quoted from Haymaker:

I have mild sympathy for you because I like your attitude. Its definitely a sucky situation for both of you. Still I can't help but be slightly amused at people losing out to their own game (the game of buying LE's not the actual game itself). Its mostly just because I know I'm boxed out even if I have the money, so call it jealousy or sour grapes or whatever, thats fair. I'd be pissed in either of your shoes and I can't blame you. I'm glad nobody actually lost money though.

#88 2 years ago

There was a reason for selling it at dealer cost. I'm not going into all of it on here, but serious mistakes were made on 3 previous transactions that couldn't be rectified and that was the proposed solution.
Doesnt really matter, but I believe he intended to follow through with it. On one of the other mistakes (selling my TMNT premium to someone else on accident) he sold me his TMNT LE for the same price, so unfortunately there was a precedent there.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Life tip... none of them are gonna actually sell you a game at dealer cost.
Sell you a game under the minimum? Maybe...
When people start promising you the improbable... start cross checking your sources.
The number of "I got scammed on a deal..." stuff is going explosive right now as people keep going to companies that just keep promising the improbable.

#91 2 years ago

100%, but didn't believe I could flip and start a new relationship on the Mandalorian. I asked a few people and was told no way. Plus, despite communication and other issues, at least I always eventually got my games.

Quoted from twenty84:

Sounds like you were due for another distributor anyway

#123 2 years ago

Your assessment isnt flawed. I agree with you. I do know both sides having talked to Terry 5x now on the phone. If Terry was the one who made the sale, it would have gone through. The issue is Colt never communicated his buyer list to Terry and all Terry's sales guys had clients that wanted Mando LEs and a few of Colt's people go left hosed. It was made much worse by the non-existent communication from Colt to his buyers. I never heard from him after July 6th.
I do trust that if Terry told someone they were getting something that he would make that happen. That's the end of the story. Colt committed to people with the authority that he did in fact have. Didn't write up sales slips on it and never communicated those numbers so a few people got left out, including me who bought 5 machines in the last 6 months.
Then again, my over arching opinion is slightly different which is why my FB post is different. It doesn't make it suck less though. It's a problem that could have been dealt with 2 months ago when the game was announced but folks went months believing their machines were coming. Even to the point of being told they'd ship out the next day etc. That's why it "feels" worse than just getting hosed and over sold.

TL:DR - If you want to buy from Moss, go through Terry on it and get a confirmation in writing. They had 14 LEs and at least 17 people were told they were good and their machines were shipping soon.

Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I shouldn’t chime in here, but I will. I usually purchase over $75k from Moss every year. We’ve never had the slightest issue other than delays in shipping from a jukebox manufacturer one time. In many cases, an instock piece of equipment that’s ordered on Monday is here Tuesday (freight lines don’t run that fast post COVID unfortunately.) Anyways, let’s consider the current environment of things:
One, our economy and world around us is trying to regain normalcy post pandemic. There’s huge demand and limited availability of most any product right now, and coin-op seems to have been hit as hard if not harder than anything. Distributors have hardly any equipment to sell, and customers wanting to know when they can expect their desires. Manufacturers have no answers because they have bo clue as to when to expect their parts suppliers to fill the orders. Everyone is scrambling to grab cash and get the ball rolling, but there’s not much to trade to make this happen.
Second, the LE craze for Mandolorians has been ludicrous. The way the events have transpired, it’s almost like the script of a Mel Brooks movie. Don’t want to give me $13k for my LE? What’s the matter Sanders, chicken?
To the OP, it’s unfortunate you didn’t get your machine. If you’re in business and charging $150k/month on your credit card, you should know how messed up supply and demand currently is. This is the new norm. Pun intended-this is the way. I’m not taking a shot at you. This really is unfortunate. At the same time, some of your comments regarding the Moss family were inaccurate and unwarranted. Did you get shafted by them? Yes. But you didn’t get fucked the way you made it out. It’s a pinball machine. There’s going to be more. You’ll get one. They come and go. Do I wish this had worked out in your favor? Absolutely! I’m sure it ultimately will in time, with patience.
To everyone that’s saying Stern should cut loose of Moss as a distributor, or blasting them without ever dealing with them, or for that matter even ever heard of them, I have one statement: If my memory is correct, Moss is one of the oldest DE/Sega/Stern distributors. Terry has probably sold more pieces of Gary Stern equipment than anyone. He’s been an integral part of keeping Stern, and for that matter pinball as a whole (remember when the only manufacturer left standing was Stern), alive. This doesn’t give anyone a hall pass.
TL:DR it sucks this happened. We’ve heard from one side. Not the other. It’s unwise to refrain from forming opinions when you don’t have all the facts. I’m not taking sides or defending anyone. Hell, maybe I’m wrong? I’m just a dumb fat kid from Oklahoma. Y’all remember, it’s just pinball. Pinball is for fun. It’s not life or death.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

9,900 (Firm)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life

$ 22.95
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nashtyfunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moss-distributing-selling-paid-for-pins-on-pinside?tu=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.