Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
yx0gv.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
804851C5-AE54-44B7-A971-8BA6492F105B (resized).jpeg
A220E499-8CCC-4307-B0DA-8E8CD374B226 (resized).jpeg
0CB0B2DD-1726-41AD-A4A6-2B66358AC5E3 (resized).jpeg

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 months ago

1. Don't deal with Moss Distribution or Colt (Philip) Moss directly

2. Order a pin, confirm said order, pay for said order (Mando LE) on 5/11/2021

3. Watch as your pinball machine that you were promised and paid for ...........get sold on Pinside out from under you

4. Complain to Terry Moss, provide screen caps and receipts

5. Get told "Sorry, we are sold out"

So in essence, get fucked on your machine, and $9,500............... Way to go Moss!

#2 3 months ago

Wow. Thanks for the heads up.

#3 3 months ago

Moss is shady as hell.

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Moss is shady as hell.

it didn't seem this way at first, but expensive lesson learned

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

it didn't seem this way at first, but expensive lesson learned

Can’t wait to hear the end of this story.
“Don’t mess with Texas!”

#6 3 months ago

Yikes.

#7 3 months ago

You got your money back ? ( I hope )

Did it matter which Moss your ordered it from ? They have at least four offices.

Not right if one office doesn't know what the other is doing.

LTG : )

#8 3 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Can’t wait to hear the end of this story.
“Don’t mess with Texas!”

If you knew me, you'd know how scarily accurate this quote can be, I'll be sure to follow back up, if only for the lulz #GotLawyers

#9 3 months ago

Good to know. Not right. The all mighty cash grab.

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

You got your money back ? ( I hope )
Did it matter which Moss your ordered it from ? They have at least four offices.
Not right if one office doesn't know what the other is doing.
LTG : )

I dealt with Terry and Colt Moss directly, not an office

#11 3 months ago

I know there is a lot of good distributers out there but I do wonder why they continue this model. When it comes to issues with the product Stern seems to hang their distributors out to dry. With all the pin scalping and BS like this it seems like online ordering direct just makes sense. Obviously they need to boost their online capacity so their websites can handle it (Spooky). I know it would suck for the good guys out there but it just seems like a system that is becoming obsolete and its just a matter of time.

#12 3 months ago

They sold it to you at MSRP, then realized that others were selling it way above MSRP and cancelled on you to make more money.

That's treacherous and dishonest. I do hope you got your money back

#13 3 months ago

There are many scum bags in the pinball business.
Who woulda thunk it?

#14 3 months ago

I was also told I had a game, confirmed multiple times from launch to as recently on Tuesday 7/6.
Then today was told I did not have a game when I finally got ahold of Terry.
It’s unfortunate this happened on a title that’s now flipping for $13k.

0CB0B2DD-1726-41AD-A4A6-2B66358AC5E3 (resized).jpeg
#15 3 months ago

I had two other gentlemen in the same situation reach out to me today FB. One of them is getting their game, the other is still in the dark. I hope it works out for him.
Unfortunately I’m the guy that introduced Tux to my distro because he had a huge allotment.

A220E499-8CCC-4307-B0DA-8E8CD374B226 (resized).jpeg
#16 3 months ago

So wait did they steal your money too? Or just refund you and sell your game to a higher bidder??

I need to know before I can render my unasked for opinion!!

#17 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So wait did they steal your money too? Or just refund you and sell your game to a higher bidder??
I need to know before I can render my unasked for opinion!!

Not a chance they wouldn't credit back the money, however either way when you are looking for a machine and are 100% confirmed you will get one and they pull it from you to make more from someone else why would anyone go back and use this distro again? It's still a dick move and it's happened to me more than once at the same place and I will never buy from that distributor again. It's called short sightedness. At minimum tell them your on a list that doesn't guarantee you will get one!

#18 3 months ago

Money makes people do the darndest things

#19 3 months ago

Well, they may have made a money this round, but they have sunk their business by their own accord here on pinside.

#20 3 months ago

For what it’s worth as an impacted party, I believe they oversold their allotment and the machine was listed before they realized they were oversold and then it was removed.
I have nothing to support that, but I refuse to believe anyone is that greedy over a few grand to burn an established relationship.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Not a chance they wouldn't credit back the money, however either way when you are looking for a machine and are 100% confirmed you will get one and they pull it from you to make more from someone else why would anyone go back and use this distro again? It's still a dick move and it's happened to me more than once at the same place and I will never buy from that distributor again. It's called short sightedness. At minimum tell them your on a list that doesn't guarantee you will get one!

#21 3 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

For what it’s worth as an impacted party, I believe they oversold their allotment and the machine was listed before they realized they were oversold and then it was removed.
I have nothing to support that, but I refuse to believe anyone is that greedy over a few grand to burn an established relationship.

I was not talking about this particular distributor but if you don't think people in this business do this kinda thing then good luck. Learn, move on and find a distributor that would never do this to you it's much better for the soul.

#22 3 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

There are many scum bags in the pinball business.
Who woulda thunk it?

thats an understatement!

#23 3 months ago

Can you call Stern and file a complaint? Are they a legit Stern distributor? Hell I would email George or Gary and see what they have to say. We can’t have distributors like this!

#24 3 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

Can you call Stern and file a complaint? Are they a legit Stern distributor? Hell I would email George or Gary and see what they have to say. We can’t have distributors like this!

I’m sure Gary gives a F how much a distributor flips it for /s

Pinside will be your outlet, imo

#25 3 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

And yet, people here will go to him when the next "must have omg buy it now before I die....!!!!" Theme comes out.

Sure, most wont go to him at first, but some will once all the big, reputable distributors have sold out. They can't help it. They HAVE to have their game, and they'll risk this kind of shit if only it remains a possibility that they'll get their precious game.

Absolutely. Guarantee. It.

#26 3 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

With all the pin scalping and BS like this it seems like online ordering direct just makes sense. Obviously they need to boost their online capacity so their websites can handle it (Spooky).

Quoted from Darscot:

but it just seems like a system that is becoming obsolete and its just a matter of time.

You must have never had an issue with a NIB game from Stern…if you had you would realize the value of distributors. Stern’s warranty and customer service is mediocre at best. Further, if you attended shows you would appreciate that it is usually dealers and not Stern that show up with games for you to play…Stern’s support for shows is horrendous with a couple exceptions…

I could go on and on. Dealers are the sales force, calling them obsolete and wanting Stern to screw them over is a bit of an odd perspective.

People like this Moss fellow need to be dealt with though…by Stern. I hope OP has notified Stern of the situation.

#27 3 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

And yet, people here will go to him when the next "must have omg buy it now before I die....!!!!" Theme comes out.
Sure, most wont go to him at first, but some will once all the big, reputable distributors have sold out. They can't help it. They HAVE to have their game, and they'll risk this kind of shit if only it remains a possibility that they'll get their precious game.
Absolutely. Guarantee. It.

100% agree with this however I will not it's not like it's life saving drugs for my family, it's a toy! I guess I'm in the minority

#28 3 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You must have never had an issue with a NIB game from Stern…if you had you would realize the value of distributors. Stern’s warranty and customer service is mediocre at best. Further, if you attended shows you would appreciate that it is usually dealers and not Stern that show up with games for you to play…Stern’s support for shows is horrendous with a couple exceptions…
I could go on and on. Dealers are the sales force, calling them obsolete and wanting Stern to screw them over is a bit of an odd perspective.
People like this Moss fellow need to be dealt with though…by Stern. I hope OP has notified Stern of the situation.

An entire distribution network just to do a few shows seems inefficient. The repair and service side I get but it seems like distributors are getting kinda screwed there. Obviously the need a system for repairs but that should be on the manufacturer. I don’t want anyone to get screwed it just seems like a dying model.

#29 3 months ago

I dealt with Terry and Colt Moss directly, not an office

Did you get your money back?

Seems like a lot of distributors are gouging for LEs now. Just wait until Godzilla come out... Problem here is that you actually paid for the game and they snatched it from under you. That is totally shameless.

#30 3 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

One of the main issues that impacts us little guys is with getting a hot LE title through a Stern distributor. It's pretty much impossible at this point, you need an already established relationship with a distro and be on the "list". I just wish Stern would sell a percentage of them on their website and when a hot title comes out the first to their keyboard wins, seems more fair for us people that aren't ever going to get one through a distro. The way Spooky does it is perfect.

#31 3 months ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

The way Spooky does it is perfect.

Spooky has nothing short of elite and incredible customer service. If you have an issue with a Spooky game Charlie stands behind his product 100% and his family will work with you and get you squared away. Heck, if you have a problem with TNA and Scott Danesi himself will try and help you…try getting help from John Borg if your X-Men nightcrawlers stop working…even the idea of that is absurd. Spooky’s model works because Spooky is Spooky.

Stern is simply not that way, their culture is to do as little for you as possible unless your distributor backs you. You aren’t a customer of Stern’s when you buy a game, their distributors are their customers. Look at how screwed all the JJP GnR owners are that bought direct from JJP and had playfield issues? The ones that bought through distributors at least had a chance of getting something beyond a washer.

One of the main issues that impacts us little guys is with getting a hot LE title through a Stern distributor. It's pretty much impossible at this point, you need an already established relationship with a distro and be on the "list".

So, this is a good point but it is also a very recent development with demand crushing supply. It will balance out in a year or so, once the market isn’t so lopsided. Mando was also a super hot title that hit at peak industry demand during a shortage…it’s instant sell out was a guaranteed event. Metallica was very similar with the instant sell out and not being able to get a game unless you had an inside track but the very next game (Star Trek) was available NIB for six months.

Killing the distribution network for “fairness” just means everyone will suffer equally. Stern doesn’t want it anyway, they want their distributors calling their contacts and selling product for them, Stern isn’t going to want to bring a sales team in house…they could never replicate the relationships their distributors have with their customers.

#32 3 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Spooky has nothing short of elite and incredible customer service. If you have an issue with a Spooky game Charlie stands behind his product 100% and his family will work with you and get you squared away. Heck, if you have a problem with TNA and Scott Danesi himself will try and help you…try getting help from John Borg if your X-Men nightcrawlers stop working…even the idea of that is absurd. Spooky’s model works because Spooky is Spooky.
Stern is simply not that way, their culture is to do as little for you as possible unless your distributor backs you. You aren’t a customer of Stern’s when you buy a game, their distributors are their customers. Look at how screwed all the JJP GnR owners are that bought direct from JJP and had playfield issues? The ones that bought through distributors at least had a chance of getting something beyond a washer.

So, this is a good point but it is also a very recent development with demand crushing supply. It will balance out in a year or so, once the market isn’t so lopsided. Mando was also a super hot title that hit at peak industry demand during a shortage…it’s instant sell out was a guaranteed event. Metallica was very similar with the instant sell out and not being able to get a game unless you had an inside track but the very next game (Star Trek) was available NIB for six months.
Killing the distribution network for “fairness” just means everyone will suffer equally. Stern doesn’t want it anyway, they want their distributors calling their contacts and selling product for them, Stern isn’t going to want to bring a sales team in house…they could never replicate the relationships their distributors have with their customers.

Yea, just saying you have to look at it also from the little guys perspective. I don't buy many NIB games but I'm worried that if some title comes out on my short list of MUST HAVE themes then I'll be locked out from getting an LE. The current reality is that I will be locked out from an LE, but I don't lose too much sleep over it because my dream themes will probably never get made except for Matrix maybe someday. If any company does any Star Trek game again I would like a chance at an LE of that for sure.

#33 3 months ago

I don't buy many NIB games but I'm worried that if some title comes out on my short list of MUST HAVE themes then I'll be locked out from getting an LE.

This will not happen unless supply chains are still all messed up. Just wait it out. Supply chains will be fully restored eventually, then supply will catch up to demand and prices will decrease and more will be available.

#34 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Seems like a lot of distributors are gouging for LEs now. Just wait until Godzilla come out... Problem here is that you actually paid for the game and they snatched it from under you. That is totally shameless.</blockquo

Quoted from calprog:

I emailed Stern, posted a review on Google, FB, and Insta. I have zero hope for a solution that’s acceptable (a Mando LE in my game room) but barring that, making the Moss’s realize that you can’t just fuck the little guy and tell them to pound sand seems like a good alternative

#35 3 months ago

Did you receive a refund?

#36 3 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have to disagree. I feel like I have bought enough NIB Stern and JJP pins from distributors to realize that, when push comes to shove, they are just going to send you to the manufacturer if you have a problem. I have never had an issue contacting Stern, JJP or Spooky directly and all of their CS has been great. I've had parts replaced on 2nd hand games where I was not the original owner for both Stern and JJP. Getting to know the people that work there is great. I'd rather build a relationship with them than a distributor.

#37 3 months ago

Did you receive your refund?
Even if you did… that doesn’t make it right. But it’s definitely a different issue if you haven’t got it back.

#38 3 months ago

So in essence, get fucked on your machine, and $9,500

but expensive lesson learned

It is only expensive and f**ed on $9500 if you didn’t get your money back and is a fairly major detail to your story… so… did you or did you not get your money back?

#39 3 months ago

posted a review on Google, FB, and Insta

Here's what you posted on Google:

Don’t ever deal with Colt or Terry Moss unless you like being lied to and cheated out of your purchases. Worst distro ever.

If I were about to do business with them, this review would not deter me much. You need to include the real details so your review doesn't look like it's coming from a crackpot, bitter ex employee, or competitor.

#40 3 months ago

Ad is marked 'not sold' too... trying to skip the pinside fees?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/117226

There are distros that live and die by pinball - I'm not sure how we end up with so many new folks ending up with all these distros that don't really focus on pinball.... or get sucked into all the scam sites. It's not hard to find the <10 distros that are pinball oriented.

#41 3 months ago

That's actually what happened here. This distro isnt primarily a pinball distro, they're coin op. They told me "If a guy who buys $2-$3M of coin op wants a Mando LE that's who's going to get one." and I don't at all disagree with that position. You cant piss off that size of a relationship and you're right, it makes more sense to focus on distros who are pinball focused.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Ad is marked 'not sold' too... trying to skip the pinside fees?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/117226
There are distros that live and die by pinball - I'm not sure how we end up with so many new folks ending up with all these distros that don't really focus on pinball.... or get sucked into all the scam sites. It's not hard to find the <10 distros that are pinball oriented.

#42 3 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A refund would

Quoted from skink91:

It is only expensive and f**ed on $9500 if you didn’t get your money back and is a fairly major detail to your story… so… did you or did you not get your money back?

Moss does not have my $9,500

#43 3 months ago

One part of me doesn't have a ton of sympathy for the guys that cut the line by being on the secret distro lists for every title and even finds a little enjoyment out of them getting burned by somebody willing to pony up a few more bucks or has a bigger wang to swing around. Still though, its a dangerous president to set. It sucks knowing even if I have the cash I'll probably have little to no chance at getting an LE. I don't blame OP for being mad, but I do think hes taking it a little too far. I don't know. Torn on this one. Did you get your money back or not? How did the distro offer to make it up to you, if at all? When you got the news did you instantly just blow up or did you guys try to talk things out a bit?

#44 3 months ago

Not that it makes what they did right, but

Quoted from LTG:

You got your money back?<

I do hope you got your money back

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So wait did they steal your money too?

Quoted from John_I:

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Did you receive your refund?

Quoted from skink91:

so… did you or did you not get your money back?

#45 3 months ago

Yeah - you said you paid for it, and that they do not have your money, but that it was expensive and you got f***ed out of money… your story is becoming sketchy dude. Very sketchy.

#46 3 months ago

Someone posted a similar story on Facebook yesterday with a pic that implies this is the same distributor. In that story the game wasn't actually paid. Is this the same transaction or multiple transactions from the same dealer?

pasted_image (resized).png
#47 3 months ago

We were just in "The Line" for a couple weeks before the announcement just like every other LE buyer. The distro oversold the games. Anyone would be mad if they were promised a machine that's hard to get and then told 2 months later "Sorry, we don't have your game". It was the same with the GnR CEs when distros thought they had more than they did. At least with the GnR I think people realized pretty quickly that they weren't getting it, not two months later when everyone is unboxing their LEs and rather than be told "Hey, we effed up" we got ghosted and had to do detective work to get the truth.

Quoted from Haymaker:

One part of me doesn't have a ton of sympathy for the guys that cut the line by being on the secret distro lists for every title and even finds a little enjoyment out of them getting burned by somebody willing to pony up a few more bucks or has a bigger wang to swing around. Still though, its a dangerous president to set. It sucks knowing even if I have the cash I'll probably have little to no chance at getting an LE. I don't blame OP for being mad, but I do think hes taking it a little too far. I don't know. Torn on this one. Did you get your money back or not? How did the distro offer to make it up to you, if at all? When you got the news did you instantly just blow up or did you guys try to talk things out a bit?

#48 3 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

Yeah - you said you paid for it, and that they do not have your money, but that it was expensive and you got f***ed out of money… your story is becoming sketchy dude. Very sketchy.

we need to start a PINVESTIGATION

#49 3 months ago

That's me, Nash = Nashty. I was never asked to pay anything until they were ready to ship for any of the games I bought from them.

edit: a third person is in the same position we're in with them as well.

Quoted from twenty84:

Someone posted a similar story on Facebook yesterday with a pic that implies this is the same distributor. In that story the game wasn't actually paid. Is this the same transaction or multiple transactions from the same dealer?
[quoted image]

#50 3 months ago

I love justice for the little guy, but when you aren’t being honest about the scenario details how are we supposed to feel sympathy for you?

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside