Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by YZRider926
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SarahAndEd.jpg
    564273_3817423510475_1977128935_n.jpg
    579550_3521740478584_1814557237_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ilthuain.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

Awesome lineup. I only have one MK cabinet, a promotional one they used at the MK9 launch a couple years back. I won it in a tournament, which was cool, except it's way too large for my apartment so we keep it at work.

My wife and I are fairly hardcore about the Kombat. We've both gone to Evo over the last few years and officiated MK9 pools and semifinals.

Here's a pic of my wife with Ed Boon.

SarahAndEd.jpgSarahAndEd.jpg

Shortly after that pic was taken, we talked pinball.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't think it would be a good idea today though...does anyone really care about MK anymore?

MK9 (released in 2011) was a massive success. Even the PC version was big. The 2012 MLG season carried MK and it was featured at 3 Evo championships.

The Mortal Kombat Legacy webseries has 20+ million views.

So it's popularity is different than it was back in 1993, but the series still has appeal.

Also, this:

I don't know how much crossover there is between pinball buyers and modern fighting game players, but I think there is still public interest in magic ninja deathmatch fiction.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Nice to see Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Smoke and Lui Kang finally getting along after all these years...

Never underestimate the healing power of dance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ilthuain.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mortal-kombat-pinball-if-only?tu=Ilthuain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.