Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinjan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Demo_Man_#_4_020.JPG
    toilet-coffee-mug-ibd-gift-idea-yuck.jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Well since I am having my coffee again this morning and you bumped it for more....I have got some more opinions to share.

My recommendation above is based on having a TOM and having a collection that compliments each other and provides a good variety of game play for you and your guests. But since I have had the fortune of owning and/or playing lots of great games my recommendation of a start up collection is MUCH different from the 5 games I would choose if I could only own 5. They might not compliment each other well, and not too worried about guest (they play them all)

If I could own only 5 games I would have right now at this time
    ACDC premium
    Metallica LE or premium
    Ironman
    Spider-Man

But for some reason I am on a stern kick, right after Avatar is AFM and TAF though

Not saying they are better, just saying that would be my line up right now.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Well since I am having my coffee again this morning and you bumped it for more....I have got some more opinions to share.
    My recommendation above is based on having a TOM and having a collection that compliments each other and provides a good variety of game play for you and your guests. But since I have had the fortune of owning and/or playing lots of great games my recommendation of a start up collection is MUCH different from the 5 games I would choose if I could only own 5. They might not compliment each other well, and not too worried about guest (they play them all)
    If I could own only 5 games I would have right now at this time
    ACDC premium
    Metallica LE or premium
    Ironman
    Spider-Man
    But for some reason I am on a stern kick, right after Avatar is AFM and TAF though
    Not saying they are better, just saying that would be my line up right now.

Those are all great Stern games and I would like to add a Stern to my collection.
    My choice right now would be LOTR or Tron. I am a really big fan of Bally/Williams games.
    I think it's a nostalgia thing. Metallica and AC/DC just not my cup of tea. I'm keeping a close watch on the upcoming Star Trek from Stern. That could be a great one!

#54 10 years ago

What!!!! No FunHouse?? After all that work?

#55 10 years ago

Love WH20! That is one I have my eye on.
    It's so tough to needle it down to just 4 games.
    What do you think of Flintstones?

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Not in the league of games being mentioned so far in the thread.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

It's so tough to needle it down to just 4 games.

Well, I would say that narrowing it down to the four best games is a starting point. You, like most here, are unlikely to fill out your space and stop. You will buy, sell, trade in the future as you get tired of certain pins. Basically, a perfect five pin list is impossible given the number of excellent pins available across eras.

Use these suggestions to start your research to create a list of pins that you would like to own at some point. Then search them out and buy what is available and meets your condition and price criteria. Enjoy the pins.

Rinse and repeat.

Also, you might find that pin space expands the longer you are buying games. Mine did.

#58 10 years ago

MM
    WH2O
    FH
    Surf Champ (EM)

Wally

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

I picked one up not long ago.
    Definitely a sleeper game you can still grab around 2K.
    Fun to mod out with spotlights, LEDs in the inserts and the LED strip in the dinosaur crane.
    It's fast, fluid and full of innovations we haven't seen since – like the smart ramps and bowling.

Is it TAF/AFM/TOM/MM – nope.
    But it sure is fun and deserves a little more love than it currently gets.

#60 10 years ago

My mom likes her Flintstones better than her TAF. Then again, it's newer to her and she played the heck out of TAF while it was her only pin, but either way she loves them both. (She actually likes Pinball Magic the best out of the 3 in her bedroom though.)

I'd love to have a TOM. We've got a diverse family collection with Bally, Williams, Capcom, Sega, Stern, P2K, and DE all represented, and I think it's a good mix. I personally wouldn't want all Sterns or all Bally/Williams, but then again I probably couldn't afford them either. I honestly haven't played enough games to even start to recommend a list, but I will say that I believe that Spiderman is a great game in a line-up. It's got the main 3-bank drop shot like AFM, magnet features, lots of multiball action, mode stacking, and great callouts. It is easy enough for the people who come over to just play around hitting the bad guys, but deep enough that I'm still learning what all it does.

#61 10 years ago

AC/DC Premium
    TZ
    FH
    Paragon
    Joker Poker (EM)

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/morning-coffee-question/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.