View topic image gallery

evenjesus.jpg
smiley-4.gif
128.jpg
woz.png
Eat-n_PopCorn.gif
Hottie.gif
witch_flies_4.gif
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#2 11 years ago

I'm still up in the air on this one. Although I''m not crazy about the theme, the quality of that pin looks top notch to me. I can't wait to see what's in store for #2.

I think there will be lots of happy WOZ owners eventually.

#3 11 years ago

I do believe in Spooks, i do believe in spooks...i do i do, i do believe in spooks!

#4 11 years ago

Looks better with every new video.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for the link!

After watching the last couple videos, I'm a bit worried that there simply aren't that many interesting shots on this game. Despite the fact that it is a widebody, there just doesn't seem to be that much to shoot for from the main flippers (or the third flipper for that matter). While I love the two mini playfields, they tend to make the lower playfield seem very narrow and cramped.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks for the link!
After watching the last couple videos, I'm a bit worried that there simply aren't that many interesting shots on this game. Despite the fact that it is a widebody, there just doesn't seem to be that much to shoot for from the main flippers (or the third flipper for that matter). While I love the two mini playfields, they tend to make the lower playfield seem very narrow and cramped.

I agree. A lot of the shots looked like they were going SDTM too...

Quoted from Toasterdog:

I can't wait to see what's in store for #2.
I think there will be lots of happy WOZ owners eventually.

Same here!

Hopefully the quality of the pin, the lighting, and video modes supplement the gameplay. Or, best case, there is something here more than meets the eye...

#7 11 years ago

the lighting looks great. I dont think many people can really justify an opinon based on video of someone else playing a test machine.

however.. it does look slowish.. kinda floaty ball movement.. Iron man it is not.. but then again you are using ruby red slippers for flippers so...

#8 11 years ago

Well first thing I see is that I have no ideal what I should be shooting for considering EVERYTHING is lit. I know this is still probbly just demo code but I hope we get some actual light shows. Dont get me wrong, RGB everywhere is cool, but it needs some nice sequences to make it really pop.

#9 11 years ago

I don't understand how anybody can't be excited about this machine. It looks fantastic!

#10 11 years ago

Someone is bound to point this out anyway, but a slight observation from the video:

The saucer and drop holes appear to be a tad too small.

The ball spends an awful amount of time circling before dropping down. For those speed freaks out there (and for the record, --I'm not one of them--), this may be a slight area of irritation.

Better get your dremels ready!

Other than that... Dat light show!

Tony

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I don't understand how anybody can't be excited about this machine. It looks fantastic!

because its the wizard of oz?

#12 11 years ago

I just watched it on my phone, and even on tiny screen it looks cool. Now I've got to convince my parents they need to buy one so I can play it...

#13 11 years ago

Hah!...How can anybody not be excited by The Wizard of Oz??

witch_flies_4.gifwitch_flies_4.gif

#14 11 years ago

Looks like a really cool pin,I like the flying monkey.Didn't get to see the left mini play field in action,I bet it will be cool too!!!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Now I've got to convince my parents they need to buy one so I can play it...

Good luck with that one.

#16 11 years ago

I think WOZ is an awesome theme. That movie was made to be a colorful pinball machine. So much great music, so much story and goals... and when's the last time a machine was made with a licensed theme that was decades old? Rocky and Bullwinkle? All the recent Sterns have been using trendy things(Yes even acdc, they just released a new moderately successful album a couple years ago).

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Good luck with that one.

When she played my JP and got the pin fever, my mom bought herself a minty mint TAF and had it shipped to her bedroom where she plays it at least an hour a night. I had to drag her out of the local pin shop because she was seriously about to start paying retail for the Flintstones she wanted. She's about to start stalking Fatsquatch because we are next in line to get his MSF if his trade falls through. Dad is retired and practices all day. He's also a big WOZ fan, and they just paid off their house.

So it may be a possibility... I already emailed her the new video.

(Pinball had brought my parents closer together, I think. They play 2 player pinball every night now instead of sitting in front of the TV. Yay!)

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from pinBilly:

and when's the last time a machine was made with a licensed theme that was decades old?

Rolling Stones certainly qualifies. Monopoly and Elvis also come to mind. Not a lot of winners there..

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

(Pinball had brought my parents closer together, I think. They play 2 player pinball every night now instead of sitting in front of the TV. Yay!)

Thats awesome!

Game looks very bright and colorful. Cant wait to see all the other stuff they are leaving out (multi ball modes etc.).

Looks promising and i cant wait for the next JJP offering.

#20 11 years ago

Well I have a WOZ on order and I am not backing out now but I can see some of my buddy’s really bustin my ass “no pun intend” on this pin. This thing looks and sounds fruitier then hell. " The Journey is the reward" REALLY WTF ?

I think I might lose a part of my man card by bringing this into my game room. I am honestly getting a little worried.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I think I might lose a part of my man card by bringing this into my game room. I am honestly getting a little worried.

I do believe in Spooks, i do believe in spooks...i do i do, i do believe in spooks!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from pinBilly:

and when's the last time a machine was made with a licensed theme that was decades old?

POPEYE ! 1929 !

We all love Popeye

Jim

#23 11 years ago

Yes, I agree with Dave. The reason why I was never excited about this was because its the Wizard OF Oz... Ugh! After seeing the videos I'm even less excited. I hate that big honkin LCD! Where's the back glass? I think a beautiful, cool back glass makes a pinball machine. I see no point in the LCD being that big... Stern, for the future, please keep the back glass and make your LCD's a third of that one!

Looks like a nice pin for those that have kids and a wife that likes to play but other than that not sure.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I hate that big honkin LCD! Where's the back glass? I think a beautiful, cool back glass makes a pinball machine. I see no point in the LCD being that big

I agree 10000% <<< if that's possible

#25 11 years ago

I am excited and worried about the game only time will tell.

#26 11 years ago

Not too impressed with that monkey.

#27 11 years ago

Great looking pin. When I think of the LCD teasers we have been shown and add in music and call outs, I think this will be one of the most exciting pins in a long while. Knowing that it looks this good is helping me with enduring the delays. It will be worth it.

EDIT: I really like the Winged Monkey. Something creepy about him.

Post edited by txstargazer3 : Adding another thought

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Someone is bound to point this out anyway, but a slight observation from the video:
The saucer and drop holes appear to be a tad too small.
The ball spends an awful amount of time circling before dropping down. For those speed freaks out there (and for the record, --I'm not one of them--), this may be a slight area of irritation.
Better get your dremels ready!
Other than that... Dat light show!
Tony

HEY! Shouldn't you be engineering, and not watching videos on these here internets! 8D

I'm savings my judgement on the WoOz until I can see and play the finished game. It is looking nice though. Just get the thing done!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#29 11 years ago

I think the Flying Monkey was designed by the same guy that made the dancing band on AC/DC.
Snicker at both….

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

» YouTube video
Faster play.

My 73 year old Dad claims he's faster than my 22 year old nephew.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

My 73 year old Dad claims he's faster than my 22 year old nephew.

Only when walking to school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways...

#32 11 years ago

There is quite a big contrast difference in beginning of these videos. First cool JJP logo animation with rather hectic and heavy rock music then suddenly cranky witch is calling you to play pinball

Some observations based on video:
- Game looks great and high quality.
- I am still wondering will it be fun to play and is there any satisfying shots to be made.
- Spinning house seems to block view to rollover lanes, if that matters what comes to game play? Maybe mirror is needed back there.
- targets should be changed to drop targets in final version
- center of the pf needs some mini-flipper to bash those targets and maybe few shots as well.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

however.. it does look slowish..

For all the slow comments out there, look at the 2:05 mark in the video. It looks like the rear leg levelers are all the way up. Just an observation....

#34 11 years ago

Ball isn't perfectly aligned to make center ramp... jiggles back and forth a bunch of times.... falls back to flippers. Repeat x 1000

Why is there no SFX or LCD visual FX when making the house loop on the upper playfield? Missed opportunity.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from doublezo1:

For all the slow comments out there, look at the 2:05 mark in the video. It looks like the rear leg levelers are all the way up. Just an observation....

It does look like he still has the pin set with very little incline based on the view of the back levelers in the video.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Ball isn't perfectly aligned to make center ramp... jiggles back and forth a bunch of times.... falls back to flippers. Repeat x 1000
Why is there no SFX or LCD visual FX when making the house loop on the upper playfield? Missed opportunity.

As I mentioned previously, the gate is not functioning properly. It likely needs to be bent upwards a little. You can see a clean hard shot get rejected at the 3:37 mark in the video.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from doublezo1:

Well THAT's odd... I thought that we were all supposed to believe that this game was on the floor and being played while on his knees....

Either way, I LOVE the theme. Lights are pretty. Voices are AWFUL, they sound SUPER clear, but the voice actors are WAY off... Hopefully they are just placeholders like the scoring system appears to be.

Still can't wait to play it. Maybe muted, at this point.

#38 11 years ago

Looks slow. Pretty, but slow.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

BECAUSE.

IT'S.

NOT.

FINISHED.

#40 11 years ago

This video solidifies my earlier thoughts that the layout doesn't seem fun to "shoot"

It sure is pretty though, and should have great rules/sound/animations..

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

+1

It just looks meh.

#42 11 years ago

The fit and finish is really pretty impressive. How many balls are in this game? The left upper playfield says it can lock up to 5 balls.

#43 11 years ago

The gate is not rejecting balls, there is a pin that pops up and blocks the ramp until you get it to drop. Not sure what it takes to open the gate, just read about it in another thread. It has come a long way. We are still not seeing all the animations he has made for the machine.

#44 11 years ago

Definately needs a "I'm melting!!!" call out when the witch is... well... melting.

#45 11 years ago

Maybe just me but there sure seems to be an awful lot of repetitive ball movement up and down the very center of the playfield. The graphics and lighting look really nice though. I'm curious to see what people think once they have it in hand.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

Maybe just me but there sure seems to be an awful lot of repetitive ball movement up and down the very center of the playfield.

I agree, it seems very narrow gameplay for a widebody - based on the sample footage at least

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

The gate is not rejecting balls, there is a pin that pops up and blocks the ramp until you get it to drop. Not sure what it takes to open the gate, just read about it in another thread. It has come a long way. We are still not seeing all the animations he has made for the machine.

How does a pin pop up through the ramp? Is there a hole in the ramp?
I know that the left path to the witch's castle has the drop target to block shots, but I have not read anything on pinside or the WOZ newsgroup about a blocker on the right ramp.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from shaven_wookiee:

I agree, it seems very narrow gameplay for a widebody - based on the sample footage at least

Any game can look that way, if the player isnt very good; or is just flapping away at the flippers just keeping the ball from draining. The game can look boring and lifeless.

I think most will have a very different feeling when its in their hands, and they are shooting and calling out specific shots.

Scott
Detroit Pinball

#49 11 years ago

Game looks fun too me, looking forward to playing one. Great lights and the LCD looks fantastic.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from pinBilly:

All the recent Sterns have been using trendy things(Yes even acdc, they just released a new moderately successful album a couple years ago).

Yep, these young whipper snappers that were born in the 50's with their X-Men comics and what not. Newfangled craziness if you ask me. Just a trendy fad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-woz-video-posted-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.