You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

databank_ewok_01_169_747db03a (resized).jpeg
CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96 (resized).jpeg
3C06D1FC-1A6E-49ED-A4BF-1D87F60D7E5A (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

I understand why some people set scores a little low, I have trouble ranking games low even when I feel they are unplayable because of the crazy amount of work it takes to make a game playable, but to completely destroy and rank them based on bias or ignorance is lazy and unjust. Right now, since they separated sub-categories, a group of individuals are down-voting games that they probably have never even played so that they can preserve their favorite games instead of giving new games or games that are being looked favorably upon a lower ranking.

Rankings are subjective but people who have not even played a game or down-vote just to preserve their favorite's legacy is pathetic. This drives me mad no matter the game. If you give a game a fair score then you are doing our community a favor. You are no worse than the Star Wars trolls and the woke freedom fighters when you decide to rate a game just because your wittle baby favorite goes down in the rankings. The people who do this are the same people that ruin Rotten Tomatoes with their unintelligent shallow viewpoints based on nothing but biases. If you truly put time into the game, accurately take note of all aspects of the machine and give it a fair educated rating, you are obviously not the ones this post is directed at.

#2 1 year ago

No paragraphs, manages to mention woke, I rate your rant a solid 6.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from JurassicPark:

Right now, since they separated sub-categories, a group of individuals are down-voting games that they probably have never even played so that they can preserve their favorite games instead of giving new games or games that are being looked favorably upon a lower ranking

An example or two might elevate this from crazy rant to educated complaint.. or maybe not. But right now it looks like a crazy rant

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No paragraphs, manages to mention woke, I rate your rant a solid 6.

I literally laughed out loud \\ You funny +++

#5 1 year ago

I understand why some people set scores a little low, I have trouble ranking games low even when I feel they are unplayable because of the crazy amount of work it takes to make a game playable, but to completely destroy and rank them based on bias or ignorance is lazy and unjust. Right now, since they separated sub-categories, a group of individuals are down-voting games that they probably have never even played so that they can preserve their favorite games instead of giving new games or games that are being looked favorably upon a lower ranking.
Rankings are subjective but people who have not even played a game or down-vote just to preserve their favorite's legacy is pathetic. This drives me mad no matter the game. If you give a game a fair score then you are doing our community a favor. You are no worse than the Star Wars trolls and the woke freedom fighters when you decide to rate a game just because your wittle baby favorite goes down in the rankings. The people who do this are the same people that ruin Rotten Tomatoes with their unintelligent shallow viewpoints based on nothing but biases. If you truly put time into the game, accurately take note of all aspects of the machine and give it a fair educated rating, you are obviously not the ones this post is directed at.

Sir this is a Burger King

#6 1 year ago

Same shit diff'rent day. No need to star ta new thread for same garbage. you think TZ is mediocre.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bashing

#7 1 year ago

What's a 'star wars troll'? Is this a thing?

#9 1 year ago

Why do you care ? It's pinball not a dick contest

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sir this is a Burger King

Crazy Levi is dropping Gen Z meme responses. Can someone check on him? I’m worried.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:Crazy Levi is dropping Gen Z meme responses. Can someone check on him? I’m worried.

It’s ok I stole it from some youngster here

It cracks me up!

#12 1 year ago

"I've been here a hot minute, and I think I can fix (what I KNOW is) the broken rating system. By the way, my collection is consisting entirely of new games, and my wish list is only one of the newest games shipping. Let me kick down the door and let ALL OF YOU know what is wrong with this site's rankings in a long diatribe you won't read!"

#13 1 year ago

When I’m elected mayor, I will
abolish the Pinside Top 100!

(thunderous applause)

#14 1 year ago

If you fail, try again. This one didn’t work.

#15 1 year ago

What sort of sorcery allows you to rate pinball machines and have them ranked in a hierarchical order?

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

When I’m elected mayor, I will
abolish the Pinside Top 100!
(thunderous applause)

“I’m the mayor!”

3C06D1FC-1A6E-49ED-A4BF-1D87F60D7E5A (resized).jpeg3C06D1FC-1A6E-49ED-A4BF-1D87F60D7E5A (resized).jpeg
#17 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“I’m the mayor!”
[quoted image]

Lotsa people not gonna get that one, Levi.

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96 (resized).jpegCaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96 (resized).jpeg
#18 1 year ago

Ha! Another NoobRant... life goes on...

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from jgreene:

What's a 'star wars troll'? Is this a thing?

I thought he was just called Yoda.

#20 1 year ago

woke freedom fighters

databank_ewok_01_169_747db03a (resized).jpegdatabank_ewok_01_169_747db03a (resized).jpeg
#21 1 year ago

This won't end well.....IBTL again

#22 1 year ago

Why is Scuba #235? Seriously...the rating system is totally f'd!

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Same shit diff'rent day. No need to star ta new thread for same garbage. you think TZ is mediocre.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bashing

OP got mostly positive feedback in that thread with a shorter post and an actual example, so took another swing. Got to respect his tenacity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-voting-for-preservation-bs?hl=aamauzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.