(Topic ID: 107183)

More USPS shipping woes....Your input is appreciated!

By OLDPINGUY

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What shipping controls and costs would you like”

• Keep it the Way it is....$3.95 flat or free in the US 34 votes
      60%
    • Switch to UPS and have a flat rate of $6-$8 and free shipping moved to $150-$200 12 votes
      21%
    • Fedex, with all tracking, at $10-$20 per shipment 1 vote
      2%
    • Other 2 votes
      4%
    • Send emails to everyone telling them to be patient, and stop watching the tracking screen? 8 votes
      14%

(57 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-692.jpg
    image-841.jpg
    image-945.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not a day goes by where I dont have a dozen emails, with questions like:

Can ask ask seriously if this is being exaggerated? It would indicate you get hundreds of orders a day really.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

we rarely see priority arrive in less than 5 days....Same with first class.

I consider myself a US Postal shipping "expert", self titled. Being devil's advocate here, Can you give me say.. 10-20 or so examples, all from the same day? Should be pretty easy to cut & paste tracking numbers.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Id rather not disclose personal sales information.

Is your question you don't believe me that Priority can take longer than 2-3 days from Orlando Florida?

A tracking number reveals neither personal information nor sales info. I'm willing to take the time to help you understand what is going on, you're blaming the US Postal service for what seems to be an EXTREME amount of failures, and saying you get a very high number of emails on a daily basis complaining. Do I "believe" a Priority package "can?" take longer. SURE! But I also believe the USPS is pretty fast and accurate, so show me some examples! Here's some:

9405511899561222582350 (Two days, From MO in IN, no personal info)
    9405511899561713674076 (Mo to PA, 3 days)
    9405511899561114952209 (MO to FL, 2 days)
    9405511899561134752117 (MO to FL, 5 days but over a weekend)

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

.3 emails regarding shipping..."where is it" in the last 15 minutes! Yikes!

looks like average time for priority maybe a tad over 4 days
    and first class 1-2 days longer...

Let's see those tracking numbers so you can get some advice you asked for!

#38 9 years ago

Here's what I see. First off these are scattered all over the boards on dates.

Tracking: 9405511899561337934907 5 days Priority. You printed on the 3rd a Wednesday, but not in the PO's hands until noon the next day a Thursday, it arrived 3PM on Monday. You can't call this 5 days.

Tracking: 9405511899561165002915 5 days priority. Again printed on one day, picked up the next past 3PM, and it was in CALIFORNIA the next day, From Friday afternoon to Tuesday delivery is not 5 days.

Tracking: 9400111899561157792739 7 days priority. According to the tracking, was printed on the 17th (A Wednesday), but not taken to the PO until Friday morning. This was First Class, not Priority, and Wellsville Kansas is way outside a metro area. Friday to Wednesday (over a weekend) is not 7 days.

Tracking: 9405511899561158937279 5 day priority. Printed one day, taken to the PO the next, in this case at the PO at 6:45 at night (on Thursday), delivered on Monday

Tracking: 9405511899561112537385 5 days priority: Picked up on a Wednesday, in Texas Saturday but marked as "Undeliverable as Addressed", magically delivered Monday.

On all of these except the last cause I can't tell, you print postage one day and it's the next day (often late in the day) or even the next that it's in the PO's hands. You can't use that to measure. It happens, it happens all the time with me cause my mailman comes and goes by noon, but I don't see an issue here. I don't know how you operate, how you inform customers you've shipped, or anything, but if you're truly getting those types of question 12 a day, 2 more in 15 minutes, and this is after people check their tracking info, I don't know what to tell you. The USPS appears to be doing their job.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

When we drop off mostly at 3:30, the post office may not scan until the next day...

Get to know your mailman. Ask him to scan when he picks up. Mine does, although he's a rural worker and they're paid by packages, so he WANTS to. If that doesn't work you can Request a Pickup online and they will make a special trip. I've learned to never drop off, especially "express" packages. I dropped off a 2-day Express at 9AM that didn't get scanned in ANOTHER PO until later that day past 7PM, "missing" the guarantee cutoff so no money back guarantee. You know, since they didn't get it until late that night.

Were those tracking numbers you provided from inquiring customers?

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

UPS with better tracking?

FYI, I order some stock parts from a company in Florida, and UPS is almost always 6 days and they miss often enough to annoy me.

#65 9 years ago

I used Endicia and Stamps.com at the same time for awhile. At the time, Stamps did not support the International shipping Endicia did, but about 5 years ago they did and I prefer STAMPS for a few reasons.

1. I always found it easier to use. With Endicia, I recall having to download & customize my own templates. I'm sure this is better now though.
    2. It's $15.99, and that's refunded if you hit a certain level of Priority and Express shipments.
    3. It supports two label printers and the laser all at the same time, with many built in labels/sheets.
    4. It too has non-USPS insurance, cheaper, and I've never had a problem with claims.
    5. It too emails customers the tracking info.
    6. It's also the BEST I've seen at address checking.
    7. It has some custom features I like, like late mail cut off.
    8. I read but don't know for sure that Stamps shows the postage before you print when Endicia doesn't.
    9. I can remove mail classes that I never use, for Example Regional C, Large and Very large packages, etc
    10. Customer support has been helpful, never replying immediately with a form letter.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-usps-shipping-woesyour-input-is-appreciated?tu=toddsvec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.