(Topic ID: 107183)

More USPS shipping woes....Your input is appreciated!

By OLDPINGUY

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What shipping controls and costs would you like”

• Keep it the Way it is....$3.95 flat or free in the US 34 votes
      60%
    • Switch to UPS and have a flat rate of $6-$8 and free shipping moved to $150-$200 12 votes
      21%
    • Fedex, with all tracking, at $10-$20 per shipment 1 vote
      2%
    • Other 2 votes
      4%
    • Send emails to everyone telling them to be patient, and stop watching the tracking screen? 8 votes
      14%

(57 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-692.jpg
    image-841.jpg
    image-945.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

I have found it is best to just charge a pinch more and ship everything priority. They get it way faster and safer. I'd rather eat a bit more cost and have the cust pay a couple dollars more and get the package way faster. So basically the small increase for priority is split. It is of course a bummer when people only need a few bulbs and the order itself is $10 and the shipping is 6-8$, but I had too many issues with the cheap options. They were slow, abused and lost a lot more often.

People love the cheap and slow option until that includes "cheap, slow and lost" and no insurance is on it.

I have amazon prime personally and still pay the the extra few dollars+ to get it in one day all the time.

I mostly only have lost package issues when shipping to Canada, but that is because it goes the "cheapest" first class option since priority is nearly double on international.

USPS tracking is so awful though compared to UPS/FedEx Sometimes goes a bit without updates that are a frustration for us and customers of course.

Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I don't know how much of your business is generated in Canada......but I know UPS or anything other than USPS is a killer for us!

This is why I still USPS. At shows and working with the Canadian customers they all have this same feedback. I hear something that UPS.FEDex rails you guys for taxes or something like that awful

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-usps-shipping-woesyour-input-is-appreciated?tu=PinballBulbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.