(Topic ID: 3444)

More Tron details.

By Shapeshifter

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TRONswing.jpg
    230231_10150176784109244_136972659243_.jpg
    metamcil.jpg
    images.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 12 years ago

Okay, here is a mini review. I have said this before that it is very similar to the Tommy Prototype pinball machine I have. I got to play 6 or so games on it and it was an early software version. The games code was not complete. The game has great ball flow with two outer orbits which have spinners. The game flows well enough to pull off a lot of combos which I like very much.

The game has two ramps, main left ramps is fed from the right flipper very easily and does not have issues making it all the way around the ramps. The second ramp is fed by the upper left third flipper and you can feed that flipper by using the plunger at the start of a ball or shooting the ball around the right orbit.

In the upper part of the playfield is the disc which is guarded by a 3 bank target that goes down once the targets are activated. The disc either glows red or it glows blue and spins. There are rules to the Disc, but do not know them. Once you shoot into the disc the ball spins around and shoots out onto the playfield.

I was able to activate two mulitballs, Light cycle multiball and Disc multiball. Disc Mulitball is a two ball mulitball and light cycle is a 3 ball mulitball. I am sure there are more mulitball modes in the game, but cannot confirm.You know there is a wizard mode.

The outhole in front of the three pop bumpers on the left side is Flynn's arcade. Here is where you shoot to start a mode. When you enter Flynn's arcade you get to select from a menu of options.

Music was from the Movie and it was very cool . I assume its from Daft Punk. Very Techno sounding.

Got to see the EL wire that wraps around the ramps and the wire is programmed to change color in certain modes or during certain game play.

The translite is 3d like Avatar and very well done. I have seen an alternative backglass that is really cool and wondering if it is going to be on the LE model.

The four stationary targets on the left side of the game where the insert says Tron will be swapped out for drop targets.

That is all I have for now, Stern should be releasing their press release soon with all the details fo the pro and the LE.

Stay tuned!

GAP
    www.greatamericanpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-tron-details?tu=gap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.