8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by simonakapw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TRONswing.jpg
    230231_10150176784109244_136972659243_.jpg
    metamcil.jpg
    images.jpeg

#1 8 years ago

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/tron/index.html

New thread as over 100 posts on the other!

#2 8 years ago

images.jpeg

HaHa! Gotcha!
    "What a Gulla-bull..."

#3 8 years ago

They say LE details coming today.

#4 8 years ago

I know I was just messin' with you guys early!

We all know that STERN has to get his daily fiber regimen out of the way first- before any major announcements!!

#5 8 years ago

Lololol

#6 8 years ago

I just now heard that TRON gameplay is awesome and we have flow!

#7 8 years ago

Pics/Video!?

metamcil.jpg

#8 8 years ago

Hahahahahahha that pic! Lmao!!!!
    Stern has posted another el wire pic on fb just now.

#9 8 years ago

Post it here! I can't see facebook from work...damn websense!

#10 8 years ago

boosh...i just saw that too.

230231_10150176784109244_136972659243_.jpg

#12 8 years ago

LE details released I can't see it on my phone. Link does not work ugh.

#13 8 years ago

Okay, here is a mini review. I have said this before that it is very similar to the Tommy Prototype pinball machine I have. I got to play 6 or so games on it and it was an early software version. The games code was not complete. The game has great ball flow with two outer orbits which have spinners. The game flows well enough to pull off a lot of combos which I like very much.

The game has two ramps, main left ramps is fed from the right flipper very easily and does not have issues making it all the way around the ramps. The second ramp is fed by the upper left third flipper and you can feed that flipper by using the plunger at the start of a ball or shooting the ball around the right orbit.

In the upper part of the playfield is the disc which is guarded by a 3 bank target that goes down once the targets are activated. The disc either glows red or it glows blue and spins. There are rules to the Disc, but do not know them. Once you shoot into the disc the ball spins around and shoots out onto the playfield.

I was able to activate two mulitballs, Light cycle multiball and Disc multiball. Disc Mulitball is a two ball mulitball and light cycle is a 3 ball mulitball. I am sure there are more mulitball modes in the game, but cannot confirm.You know there is a wizard mode.

The outhole in front of the three pop bumpers on the left side is Flynn's arcade. Here is where you shoot to start a mode. When you enter Flynn's arcade you get to select from a menu of options.

Music was from the Movie and it was very cool . I assume its from Daft Punk. Very Techno sounding.

Got to see the EL wire that wraps around the ramps and the wire is programmed to change color in certain modes or during certain game play.

The translite is 3d like Avatar and very well done. I have seen an alternative backglass that is really cool and wondering if it is going to be on the LE model.

The four stationary targets on the left side of the game where the insert says Tron will be swapped out for drop targets.

That is all I have for now, Stern should be releasing their press release soon with all the details fo the pro and the LE.

Stay tuned!

GAP
    www.greatamericanpinball.com

#14 8 years ago

sounds great GAP!!

#15 8 years ago

Thanks for posting that GAP, I got a buddy interested in it. I have to convince him to get it so I can play it hahah

#16 8 years ago

Thanks GAP for keeping us all updated and informed about the machine. It's very nice of you to share such inside and detailed information.

P.S. Can I be a bit bad and mention anything about blue balls ?

#17 8 years ago

Love the EL wire and blue balls!

#18 8 years ago

I'm not a big fan of blue balls. Nope, don't like them at all.

#19 8 years ago

From Sterns forum.....

We announced that in later June we will make a Premium Limited Edition
    of TRON.

Many of you have asked what is in this TRON: Legacy Limited Edition.
    Additions include:

Games individually numbered, from 1 of 400, 2 of 400, etc.
    Each will have a Numbered Plaque, a Certificate of Authenticity
    and Stern Hologram

Motorized Recognizer Mechanism
    The Motorized Recognizer hovers and moves side to side over
    the Retracting 3 Target Mechanism, associated with new Game
    Play Rules

Fiber Optic Illuminescent Light Tubes
    Guiding the Ball along the Ramps, the Light Tubes change colors
    according to with new Game Play Rules and Light Shows
    A Perfect Addition to a TRON Game

Four Bank Drop Target Mechanism
    TRON Drop Targets replace Stand Up Targets

Control Lamp LED's and Modified Light Shows

Added Recognizer Lamps and Inserts on the Playfield

Dedicated Software Program including Rules to Operate the Added
    Features& Added Modes

Enhanced Playfield Art with added Silver Art Screen

Chrome Legs, Side Armor, Back Box Hinges, Front Molding and
    Speaker Grills

Metal Bottom Arch with Light Inserts

Traditional Lockdown Bar Assembly

Playfield Slide Support Brackets

#20 8 years ago

I think this sounds pretty awesome for the LE model. I just hoped for Gloss black finish instead of Chrome. But, I am thinking it will be great.

#21 8 years ago

So the LE doesn't include a shaker? That's kind of surprising.

#22 8 years ago

I'm not sure.

#23 8 years ago

I still wish I knew how the disk affects the game play. Are there banks of targets surrounding it?
    As nice as it sounds the game seems too similar to my SM and Corvette for me to buy it. I hope the Transformers pin does not have a 3 bank slide target.

#24 8 years ago

Tron pinball!

I know it is different but like the music

#25 8 years ago

Dammit Simon!
    You got me!
    Oh well I guess i'll just go back to sitting in my TRON swing... Waiting.

TRONswing.jpg

Also- What is up with the whole NO SHAKER thing!! Jeez Stern, come on. Seriously!
    I hope the LE is completely done up in brilliant white like Flynn's "digital" house.
    I think I will make a White Russian and forget what sucks about it and ponder some more about the cool stuff in my swing...
    Blue DMD's on the waAaaAy...
    Black Chrome trim would make my DaAaaY...

#26 8 years ago

Amazing really, black chrome so obvious for this pin so why are they not doing it?? Keep swinging

#27 8 years ago

Here is a crappy teaser...
    But cool nonetheless!

#28 8 years ago

I think with the Tron machine they should include some bio-luminescent parts .. so even after you turn off the machine it continues to glow unpowered for a while.

#29 8 years ago

I think its awesome! Oh and i like the shot they sneak in at Jersey Jack "The only maker of real pinball games in the world" kinda funny. Even though im looking forward to WOZ

#30 8 years ago

Video modes? No video modes in a TRON pin? Oh, the humanity!

#31 8 years ago

It sounds great, which pleases me as one of my friends ordered an LE this week.

#32 8 years ago

If your friend lets you down emo-
    You could always come to California to play mine.
    The only request I have is to bring me a box/boxes of 'Cadbury Crunchie'!!!
    Then you could play all night!
    I already have the Samuel Smith cornucopia chilling in the fridge as we speak!

#33 8 years ago

Quotes I received from a Stern distributor in pretty tight with our league.

"There will also be a 400 game run Limited Edition as well. Final differences are not known yet but what I do know is listed below.

Right now I am taking pre-orders on both versions. The Pro model should be shipping in late May. The LE model in late June.

Preorder price on the Pro model is $4530. There is a 3% discount for cash, check or money order bringing the cost down to $4400. If you have bought a game from me before there is a $100 discount.

Preorder price for the LE models #51-400 is $5870. There is a 3% discount for cash, check or money order bringing the cost down to 5700. If you have bought a game from me before there is a $100 discount. If you have bought any LE model from me before there is a $200 discount.

Preorder price for LE models #11-50 is $6700. Same terms apply."

"There are 2 prices on the LE. One for the lower numbers(1-50 for Tron) and one for the rest. A lot of the hard expenses is in the shaker motor and the chrome trim. In the case of Tron and Avatar an additional motor and coils. Tron LE will also have a drop target assembly instead of standups. There are also a couple things not announced yet that will add to the cost. And of course Tom Uban and John Borg will have more time in developing the game and code. Assembly line will add a few dollars for the additional mechs as well. It allcomes down to whether the add ons are worththe extra cost to each individual. Some will appraise it as a collectable whereas players will decide based on the addtional gameplay."

#34 8 years ago

GAP: Thank you very much for the invaluable playing tips. If TRON is at the Gameroom Show, I will try to expand on what you've started. Who knows? I might even beat Cayle George and Robert Gagno and maybe even KME for once!

#35 8 years ago

According to Stern Facebook actual playing footage in the next week......interested to see and hear it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 9.95
    $ 214.99
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 129.25
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside