• Latest reply 3 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

I am repairing a Surf Champ and have a couple of issues that I cannot solve and looking for some advice.
(1) Everything resets well when I start a game but it adds instantly adds 100 points and moves to second ball as the ball travels through the trough. I have inspected every switch that adds 100 points and they are all fine and properly gapped.
(2) As the game hits the 4th ball the second player score reels are activated and it scores for the second player. As it hits the 5th ball the 3rd player score reels score the points.
(3) Cannot add additional players unless I hold the 1st coin relay open. So obviously the release of that relay is the issue but cannot get it to release when I press the start button to add players. It works fine? for other operations.
I have the mini schematic but I do not have the manual for it.

I have repaired many other em's but this one is vexing me!

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from zeiram:

unless I hold the 1st coin relay open

I don't see any 1st coin relay on the Surf Champ schematic. Are you sure that's what it's called? Does it happen to have the letter U on its label?

#3 3 years ago

Sorry you are correct. It is 1st ball relay "U"

#4 3 years ago

Which of these 5 switches is closed before the 1st Ball Relay (U) activates at the very beginning of a game?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 3 years ago

H,R and U do

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Which of these 5 switches is closed before the 1st Ball Relay (U) activates at the very beginning of a game?
[quoted image]

None of them should activate U at the beginning of a game

During startup:

1. The Hold Relay (S) should activate the Hold relay (R), opening a switch I circled
  2. The Reset Control relay (AX) should activate the Tilt Hold relay (H), opening a switch I circled
  3. The Reset Control relay (AX) should deactivate the 1st Ball relay (U), opening a switch I circled
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-surf-champ-help?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.