More Star Trek

By TimeBandit

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

At the AMD start trek launch now. You don't need a write up. For a pro model this simply knocks it out of the park. They do have some avengers in the room for comparison which helps.. Haha. Very very nice pro. Even the speaker panel is ok. It's almost like a carbon fibre look. The pattern is made up of thousands of the arrow emblems.

#2 10 years ago

Wow, I really am glad Star Trek is getting some positive press and good reviews right now for the pro model. I can't wait to get to play it.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow, I really am glad Star Trek is getting some positive press and good reviews right now for the pro model. I can't wait to get to play it.

haven't checked out your collection in awhile Tiger. you got a couple new games!?! SC new yea? I love that game - only got to play it for about an hour, but hella fun Grats!

Quoted from TimeBandit:

At the AMD start trek launch now. You don't need a write up. For a pro model this simply knocks it out of the park. They do have some Avengers in the room for comparison which helps.. Haha. Very very nice pro. Even the speaker panel is ok. It's almost like a carbon fibre look. The pattern is made up of thousands of the arrow emblems.

Oh ya, and uh...star trek looks awesome

#4 10 years ago

I too was at the AMD ST launch party. What a GREAT pin! Heaps of people were lining up to play. Best Pro I have ever played. Game play is awesome. Nothing wrong with the art work or lighting (I have no idea what those who have not played it, and yet criticise it, are complaining about). I wonder how many LEs will be still available by the end of the day? I've heard only 30 will come to Australia.

#5 10 years ago

Does the gameplay make up for the horrible playfield? I'm hoping so

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

haven't checked out your collection in awhile Tiger. you got a couple new games!?! SC new yea? I love that game - only got to play it for about an hour, but hella fun Grats!

Yea bro! Thanks! I added a really nice SC and a Sorcerer (amazingly restored). I may upload some pics of the Sorcerer tonight; I'm going to be modding up the SC on Sunday and will add some pics of it then.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

The artwork on the playfield is starting to grow on me. No actors faces on it. Looks like a spaceship panel from the new movies. It'll never be "great" like the Metallica playfield is but it isn't as bad as many (including me) thought initially in my view.

#8 10 years ago

I'm not sure I argee that the playfield is horrible. I quite like it. Can't wait to see the expected vibrancy of an LE play field! But yes, the game play is terrific!

#9 10 years ago

I am sure the cointaker leds look killer on it

#10 10 years ago

It's simply NOT horrible. It really isn't. The colour changing LEDs are great. The artwork is rich in colour and well finished. The feel of playing this is like playing a SM but even sharper, more HiDef like. Is Vengeance better than Doc Ock? No (not for me). Is it better than Sand Man? Yes..but SM has BOTH..so is definitely still a superior machine..over the PRO that is. Watch out SM for the Premium..

In short..very attractive package and compared to some of the other pros aside from Met, it is a knock out.

#11 10 years ago

This reminds me of how AC/DC started out. Everyone bitched and moaned and declared it a failure.

Then a few pros got out and played and the rest is history !

#12 10 years ago

The Vengeance toy was an upside surprise as well. It didn't do much on the pro, just bounced around when hit, good enough, but it did look much more solid than the photos. It has three blue LEDs placed around on it, and a really cool orange one inside/underneath it that lights it up through the gaps like a Recognizer mod. Nice surprise.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This reminds me of how AC/DC started out. Everyone bitched and moaned and declared it a failure.

Deja 'f***king' vu! Lol

#14 10 years ago

But I will not lie...
I am concerned about the VuK to the warp ramp to be honest - The way it looks in the pictures; looks like it may not do its job under certain low voltage conditions and could possibly become an inconsistent mech. Its going to need some serious power to shoot that ball and keep its flow going around that warp ramp. As an engineer, it has me concerned; it may actually be the only thing klunky about this title. Personally, I like how it acts in the pro - ultimately, maybe the pro is the way to go for me? I ended up liking Xmen pro over its LE. Maybe this is the same. But that laser show and lights on the Prem/LE have my attention at this point; cant wait for LE footage!

#15 10 years ago

I did not care for the playfield in pics and video. In a word, I thought it was "fugly". Having experienced the game in person today, I've done a 180 on my desire for the game. The layout of the playfield, the feel of the shots, the game play, the lighting, the colors, the light show, the sound come, everything comes together very well. I can't wait to get one home so I can play the hell out of it.

#16 10 years ago

Any non Star Trek fans like the look of the play field? Thought that was the weakest aspect of the game.

#17 10 years ago

The VUK up the warp ramp on the LE only needs to get the ball to the top of the ramp. Probably better if it's not at lightning speed, so you have a good chance to then hit the warp ramp with the upper flipper. I hope it doesn't have issues like the hammer, or the Hulk.

The playfield is kind of original in its concept. I really like it.

#18 10 years ago

I like the playfield. The whole concept is you are in command of the Enterprise, fighting the Vengeance, so it is outer space. Would not make sense to have faces on it.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I like the playfield. The whole concept is you are in command of the Enterprise, fighting the Vengeance, so it is outer space. Would not make sense to have faces on it.

i also like the playfield, finally something different.
it's the view from inside the ship ''battle outside/in space and the control panel'' what do people expect, faces floating around?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Whoever likes pictures of the actors faces on the playfield needs to be slapped.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i also like the playfield, finally something different.
it's the view from inside the ship ''battle outside/in space and the control panel'' what do people expect, faces floating around?

Great way of putting it!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Whoever likes pictures of the actors faces on the playfield needs to be slapped.

Shh. Don't say that to CraZ4pin.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Has everyone really declared it a failure? I haven't seen that as much as I've seen some critiques of the artwork and people who changed their minds on putting down $7k before playing it. Both seem reasonable.

Also, there are comments about how it's too similar to SM and STTNG, but comparing it to two of the better games out there isn't really calling it a failure...

#24 10 years ago

I noticed the ramps have opto's instead of physical ramp switches. Is this new for Stern? My Xmen and Tron had physical ramp switches.

#25 10 years ago

Timebandit and aussiepinwiz??? Which team were you guys on??

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Glad that no pictures are on there at least.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I noticed the ramps have opto's instead of physical ramp switches. Is this new for Stern? My Xmen and Tron had physical ramp switches.

ok, I see them in the photos. First I've seen optos used this way. Wonder if SR chose that for speed reasons, no switches to slow the ball down even minutely.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Timebandit and aussiepinwiz??? Which team were you guys on??

Wasn't in the comp RGR, just loitering around the Star Treks. I was going to seek out pinsiders but thought it might be a bit weird for folks if I just walked around asking, "do you hang out on Pinside?" over and over again..

Thanks for all the videos..legendary effort.

#29 10 years ago

Previous posts said there were still a lot of LEs available. With all the positive reviews, does anyone know if that's still true?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Has everyone really declared it a failure?

I guess EVERYONE was an over statement by me.. I am sure MOST understood the comparison.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Previous posts said there were still a lot of LEs available. With all the positive reviews, does anyone know if that's still true?

Just the pure number of them produced, I'd say they'd be available for a while, but if the LEs dazzle as much as the Pros so, but take it to another level, then I'd expect them to sell out.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just the pure number of them produced, I'd say they'd be available for a while, but if the LEs dazzle as much as the Pros so, but take it to another level, then I'd expect them to sell out.

But don't worry..premiums will be around for a while. That's where I'm heading. I have LE fatigue. But I am seriously thinking ST premo is going to nudge Spidey out of his place. And I'm so bummed about that cause I love Spidey..and he was a great find..the second run with the web side rails and about 10 plays on it...what to do????

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

But don't worry..premiums will be around for a while.

I kept the faith and pre-ordered an LE early. I could have been burned badly, but now things are shaping up nicely.

But I own an ACDC Premium and feel no loss from not having an LE of those, so the Premiums should do nicely for everyone.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

But I own an ACDC Premium and feel no loss from not having an LE of those, so the Premiums should do nicely for everyone.

AC/DC premium is so totally, freaking, incredibly awesome that it must be the poster child for premiums. It is that machine that has cemented in my head the way of the premium. (That, and I paid so much for my Tron LE that I can never ever get another one..LE budget blowwwnn!)

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

But I own an ACDC Premium and feel no loss from not having an LE of those

No loss knowing you could have had a Back in Black for 6800.00 ? I think STLE will be very special as well.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

AC/DC premium is so totally, freaking, incredibly awesome that it must be the poster child for premiums. It is that machine that has cemented in my head the way of the premium. (That, and I paid so much for my TRON LE that I can never ever get another one..LE budget blowwwnn!)

How much was the Tron le? You dint buy the one not long ago for $14k?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

How much was the TRON LE? You dint buy the one not long ago for $14k?

Ahh, the great "Tron LE will blow SM Black out of the water" gladiator battle. Arr it be stuff of legends..and I'm sure the numbers will continue to get inflated as the story travels into pinball history. But a number in that region really only puts it with MM and the like..and does Tron LE belong in that league? Why, I think it just might.

..but let's not derail a ST thread into yet ANOTHER Tron thread..haha

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ahh, the great "Tron LE will blow SM Black out of the water" gladiator battle. Arr it be stuff of legends..and I'm sure the numbers will continue to get inflated as the story travels into pinball history. But a number in that region really only puts it with MM and the like..and does TRON LE belong in that league? Why, I think it just might.

Haha, nice response

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

ok, I see them in the photos. First I've seen optos used this way. Wonder if SR chose that for speed reasons, no switches to slow the ball down even minutely.

Yeah it will make the ramps faster and no more rejects from ramp shots like the Storm ramp in Xmen or the Clu ramp in Tron.

#40 10 years ago

I don't like the playfield, but it is not so bad that it can't be rescued by great gameplay on the Premium. I'm looking forward to seeing video of the Premium in action.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The artwork on the playfield is starting to grow on me. No actors faces on it. Looks like a spaceship panel from the new movies. It'll never be "great" like the Metallica playfield is but it isn't as bad as many (including me) thought initially in my view.

Awesome then! We have one on order and I'm pretty excited for it, should be here Monday or so I hear. I was personally hoping it was a darker playfield with a more space type feel, but they went in a different direction. I will say I do like it more than I did when I first saw so I'm hoping when we get it I'll like it more in person!

Quoted from musketd:

I am sure the cointaker leds look killer on it

har har? Probably won't be putting those in

#42 10 years ago

Played this in person last night.

So, gameplay is great, but since I commented on not liking PF initially...

Mmm yeah, definitely changed my stance on that. Looks fantastic in person under the lighting! Along with great flow, sweet callouts and some nice looking ramps...This one so far is a solid pin!

#43 10 years ago

Mmm yeah, definitely changed my stance on that. Looks fantastic in person under the lighting! Along with great flow, sweet callouts and some nice looking ramps...This one so far is a solid pin!

I feel the same way. I bashed it at first from the pics, but it's good in person.

#44 10 years ago

Mark owns one so doesn't that mean you own it too?? And it took you to today to play it?? Gee was Mark hogging it .

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Mark owns one so doesn't that mean you own it too?? And it took you to today to play it?? Gee was Mark hogging it .

Ha, no. It is his, we're not married

Got a lot of pins ready for the Portland Retro Gaming Expo this weekend, last night at this place and played it then.

#46 10 years ago

Ha, no. It is his, we're not married

LOL. That ^^^^^^^^ is awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.