(Topic ID: 199600)

Sky Jump fun... 100s scoring as 1000, 50s scoring as 500 ...

By fotoboy

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ajfclark
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171027_091429 (resized).jpg
Screenshot from 2017-10-25 11-12-49 (resized).png
20171025_112140 (resized).jpg
SJ Lights (resized).JPG
dc5efd839af51386105794d211f9ba1a9870e05b.jpg
sw2 (resized).jpg
sw1 (resized).jpg
sw3 (resized).jpg
sw4 (resized).jpg
20171020_112457 (resized).jpg
SKScore2 (resized).JPG
SKScore1 (resized).JPG
SKRelays (resized).JPG
20171018_155046 (resized).jpg
20171018_154957 (resized).jpg
20171018_153806 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fotoboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi there,
As if the lights are on, she's scoring 10x what she should...

I'm working thru my first Gottlieb, and doing ok adjusting from my Williams experience (like moving from Ford to Dodge)... Anyway I have it playing pretty ok, except it is scoring FUNKY!!! It will score 1000 when it should score 100s (like roll overs and pop bumpers,kick bumpers) giving me a crazy high score (when max is 99,999) Not sure where to check first.

Any advice?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Two thoughts: Are the score reel switches set properly? Are the score relays set properly? All this is going to be in the head.

Score reels are WORKING... what exactly does "set properly" mean? Is there a spec for switch gap?

All this is going to be in MY head!! LOL

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

does it also score 10's and 100's at the same time? if it does then check the 9s rollover sw on the reels. if not then I'd look to the relay for the drop target scoring, if its gapped too close this could cause issues all over the pf

Are you thinking that the 9s rollover sw is stuck? I will check that. I will look at the drop target scoring relay too. thx

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

OK, if anybody is still listening (I took a bit of a pinball machine fixing break) I have isolated the "overscore" issue to two places...
well it seams my machine is always scoring the "when lit" score and not the regular score on rollovers and drop targets. I have 100 or 1000 when lit and 50 or 500 when lit scores on my machine. (pop bumpers are scoring fine as are regular kicker sections (forgive me, my Pinglish is not so good)> I am going to check out the relays pertaining to these scores if I can find them.

so.... WHAT causes the lights to come on with this machine? Is it a bump sequence or what?? and is there a relay for that somewhere? (all the relays that are labeled in here are...

a. reset completed relay
w. 2nd chute relay
o. ball return relay
s. start relay
b. 50 point relay
r. hold relay
c. 500 point relay
t. tilt relay
d. 10x value relay (this seems to be my culprit, but what triggers it?)
g. series relay
e. 5k point and reset target bank relay

Any other words to the wise w/b great.

#9 6 years ago

Will check that tomorrow. Thanks

#10 6 years ago

ajfclark
As far as what it looks like on startup, yes, all roll over lights are on. AND none of the yellow lights infront of the drops are on.

Quoted from ajfclark:

So where does this leave us? I can't test this 100% at the moment as my Sky Jump is in pieces, but I think this'll work.

Score wise, I do NOT get 5000 on the stand ups, but I do get 500 with lights off or on. Everything is scoring 10x what it should, with the exception of the two bottom kickers (is that what they are called?) that score 10.

I have checked and rechecked the D relay and it looks to be adjusted correctly. So, MUST the D relay be activated to be scoring 10x everywhere?

#12 6 years ago

sure, thanks...

are we talking about the "B" relay and all its stuff?

#15 6 years ago

Nice thanks.
Will go check those out now.

#16 6 years ago

So, things seem to be right... reset is good, relays actuate after rollover. But rollovers still scoring 1000 lights on or off... same with the pop ups and target scores....sigh

#18 6 years ago

Yes, all true.

#20 6 years ago

later his afternoon

I also went and tightened up the switches... (bakelite screws)

#21 6 years ago

is this the wrong side??

skyjump2 (3 of 3) (resized).jpgskyjump2 (3 of 3) (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago

OK, here goes.

skyjump3 (4 of 4) (resized).jpgskyjump3 (4 of 4) (resized).jpg

skyjump3 (1 of 4) (resized).jpgskyjump3 (1 of 4) (resized).jpg

skyjump3 (3 of 4) (resized).jpgskyjump3 (3 of 4) (resized).jpg

skyjump3 (2 of 4) (resized).jpgskyjump3 (2 of 4) (resized).jpg

#25 6 years ago

well, there is continuity between those two wires...

#27 6 years ago

Well,
Y/B/R to G/W/R is indeed open. By "Across those colours on the either socket should read 30 ohms." do you mean from big jones plug to the little jones plug? (Y/B/R to G/W/R) or (Y/B/R to Y/B/R and G/W/R to G/W/R)

#28 6 years ago

ok. so.
I tested Y/B/R to Y/B/R pin to pin and got nothing... Y/B/R to Y/B/R box to box (where the pins plug in) and got continuity

I tested G/W/R to G/W/R pin to pin and got nothing... G/W/R to G/W/R box to box (where the pins plug in) and got continuity

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Can you take a close up side view photo of some of the switches on the top of the trip bank?...

Yes, will get that tomorrow.

#35 6 years ago

Will these work? (I hope they are clear enough) Two of them were shot, then I noticed the bank needed to be reset... so the other two were in the reset position. I can reshoot with different parameters if necessary. thx I hope these are the right switches... they are from the relay bank...

sw4 (resized).jpgsw4 (resized).jpg
sw3 (resized).jpgsw3 (resized).jpg
sw1 (resized).jpgsw1 (resized).jpg
sw2 (resized).jpgsw2 (resized).jpg

#45 6 years ago

Ok, folks, thanks for replys. first the D relay is not energized, but when I was testing that, the Drop downs and the "targets" (I hope they're called) were scoring correctly. But... this is just after I went thru the machine and made this video, where everything was scoring like it was LIT.

(should be up momentarily)

#51 6 years ago

So, If I soaked all of this right... Machine is playing correctly --IF it is in 3 ball mode--I will check that.
I will also check the score motor switch (switches)
And I will double check that #6 also, (I hadnt acually noticed that before)

#53 6 years ago

Hey folks,
Thanks a bunch for all the help! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, if only we can get there!!
so, wow. I feel like a knucklehead with the 3ball thing, which it WAS set to, I moved it over to 5 (where it belongs LOL) and things are definitely more cooperative. (and WOW, I never would have thought 3 ball vs 5 ball would be any different other than t extra balls!)

The lights are DEFINATELY spaztik, on and off at will, so something is funky there (or loose)--what controls those?

#54 6 years ago

Well, here's the new vid...

Looks like it is mostly working right, only thing now is the lights!

so... the numbered roll overs are SUPPOSED to score 1000, no matter what? and the Green button lights are 100 or 1000

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

You like to ask questions that have already been answered! LOL. See post #48 above. Switch on score motor common with all of them. As I recall, it's a bitch to get to.

Thats just because my head is spinning!

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I think it might be the outer most switch in the stack. I'd be looking for:
- loose wires on that stack CHECK
- switches are complete (eg. no missing contacts) CHECK
- the switch adjustments and make sure the 4 outer switches are actually closed when the motor is at rest CHECK (5 SWITCHES ACTUALLY)
- cleaning the switches CHECK

SO, testing concludes that machine is running correctly with the exception of the lights coming on... I am going to check the lamps, but it is unlikely that they are all OUT...

Thoughts?

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

yellow and green lights momentarily come on at the end of some of the score motor cycles and then go out.

is there a "stop" adjustment on the score motor? telling it where exactly to stop? Could It just be overshooting that by a hair?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fotoboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-sky-jump-fun-10s-scoring-as-100-or-more?tu=fotoboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.