• Latest reply 2 years ago by SuperDaveOsbourn
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi All,

As per the new article on Pinball Resource:

"4/27/17 Gottlieb® Repro Plastic Set

Per the news item on the SCOREBOARD plastic sets, we just received newly produced plastics for JOKER, CORONATION and SHINDIG. The artwork was re-rendered using my samples and a variety of photos by Ryan Claytor. The engineering drawings were located for all the dimensional data from the Gottlieb Archives. And the plastics printed and laser cut. The results are outstanding. I have installed on my games...what a difference from the "bacon" that I had. They will make an equally stunning improvement on your games, too!

I have more sets planned based on the acceptance of this batch.

Here are the details:
JOKER part number PL044 price $75.00/set net (4 piece set)
CORONATION part number PL070 price $110.00/set net (6 piece set)
SHINDIG part number PL078 price $75.00/set net (2 piece set)

These are shipped with a protective layer to be peeled from top and bottom before install. Enjoy!

Steve"

...and for those who enjoy the visuals:

ShindigWeb.jpgJokerWeb.jpgCoronationPrint.jpg

The above photographs are from the ACTUAL PRINTED PLASITCS (not digital files or representations). I'm very happy with the outcome and even Steve got excited about them. (Yes, Steve Young.)

Each set of plastics were redrawn by hand using multiple sources to get the most accurate reproduction...

handDrawn.jpg

...digitally colored...

ps.jpg

...and they look great even when backlit:

backlit.jpg

I can't overstate how proud I am to have a hand in making these plastics available for the first time since their initial run well over 60 years ago. Steve and I are both ready to do more, but he's gotta move a few of these sets before that happens. If you know of any of the aforementioned machines in need of some repro plastics, give Steve a jingle.

Thanks, all!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com/10761 < - - (My other pinball artwork)

#2 2 years ago

Very nice Ryan!

#3 2 years ago

I want to be like you Ryan Claytor when I grow up.

#4 2 years ago

Great work and it's very good to see this stuff becoming available.

#5 2 years ago

All hail Ryan! Keep up the good work, you'll save more and more games!

#6 2 years ago

I often think 'its not what you do in life; but what you leave'. Great work Ryan

#7 2 years ago

nice work Ryan

#8 2 years ago

Awesome....

#9 2 years ago

Beautiful, as always. Now I want to play a Coronation with new plastics! Parker was incredible.

Thanks for making these available Ryan and Steve!

#10 2 years ago

Awesome!

#11 2 years ago

Great job, man.

#13 2 years ago

Looks fantastic Ryan.

#14 2 years ago

Sweet! Hopefully some day I'll own a game with your plastics on it.

Bruce

#15 2 years ago

They look great. However, you missed a pompom on
one of the jokers. Oh well, maybe next time you can
fix it.

#16 2 years ago

Wow! Very impressive work!

#17 2 years ago

Bad ass. How are these printed? Digital or screen? I gotta find a good source to print my own plastics for a project myself ...

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

They look great. However, you missed a pompom on
one of the jokers. Oh well, maybe next time you can
fix it.

Funny how the originals were not mirror image of each other, looks like Ryan made an artistic decision to make them mirror each other. Shall we start a thread with voting on wherther we like his choice?(hehe). Time to go herd my cats and repaint a BankABall.

#19 2 years ago

Great work, Ryan! Let us not forget the late, great Mark N. (if you know, you know) who originally reproduced "Coronation" plastics by hand with his boys in his basement gameroom. I don't know if any of these are still available, but he did a super job on them! One of the best guys I ever had the pleasure to meet and he left us wayyyy toooo early! RIP Mark!

#20 2 years ago

Really really fantastic work Ryan – good for you !!!

#21 2 years ago

I'd push for Crescendo again, but given that I've heard of 1 of these 3 games....I'm not very optimistic about Steve wanting to continue with it, and definitely not wanting to tank the chances of someone else getting plastics for their games with Crescendo, which I'm probably the only buyer on the planet for. Le sigh. They look awesome.

#22 2 years ago

Great!

1 month later
#23 2 years ago

Have to give kodos to the original copy artist for getting from a deformed, burnt, faded, missing art format to a reproduction. Sadly I'd guess this and other titles are so unlikely to be owned, or needing restoration, and a dying population of owners of these titles to need reproductions. This tech, effort, infusion of interest to help the hobby with restorations is about 20 years past its prime really. Its sad, and i hope a new generation of interested people come into the hobby and do full restorations and make these games great and used again. Nice work all around, sad about the missing pompom.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 78.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 87.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside