• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ACDC Premium (resized).jpg
AFMr LE (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Both are obviously great games, but which is more likely to maintain its appeal over the long run in a Stern heavy lineup?

#2 6 years ago

I have both and both are keepers for me. Maybe go for AFMLE if your Stern heavy now. You really can't lose between these two.

#3 6 years ago

Yes, both are great games. AFM has been in my collection the longest but ACDC has great gameplay, music, toys etc. Both have deep rules. Its a true toss up.

#4 6 years ago

Both great games, but very different too. AFM is a classic, with great humor and layout. AC/DC is fast and furious rock'n'roll explosion. I agree, ideally it shouldn't be either/or but both. If you have to choose just one, it's a coin toss unless you can find a preference by playing both

#5 6 years ago

AFM will appeal to a wider audience of people who play your games.

The humor of AFM has stood the test of time.. as well as it's fun factor.

AC/DC is very much a busy game that the huge hook is really about this complex song jackpot strategy that is above many people. Over time, the cosmetic 'pop' that AC/DC has will blend away as other improvements happen.. making it fade a bit more into the pack IMO.

I think AFM will hold its position in the long haul better.. while AC/DC will be strong upon itself, but not across pinball as a whole.

(and this is coming from a guy who owns ACDC)

#6 6 years ago

Thanks to all for your perspective!

#7 6 years ago

Hmmm ...

AFMr LE (resized).jpgAFMr LE (resized).jpg

ACDC Premium (resized).jpgACDC Premium (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

I want the red one!

#9 6 years ago

Attack from Mars

#10 6 years ago

I bought AFMRLE and highly recommend it. lots of fun, and for me, an easy choice between these 2.....

#11 6 years ago

Does the green trim on AFMLE look better in person than it does in the pics? Also what about the topper, its bad ass but is it noisy and annoying in a home environment?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Does the green trim on AFMLE look better in person than it does in the pics? Also what about the topper, its bad ass but is it noisy and annoying in a home environment?

I'm happy w the green.....looks close in the pics.....just matches the Martian theme for me.....WOZECLE is a deeper, sparkly (richer) green, where AFMRLE one is more campy (lighter and flat) and no sparkle. Probably personal preference there, as some like the black better.....green for me....

Topper is a must have, imho.....yes, it's noisy when the martian interacts, but all part of the effect. Next to BM66LE/SLE, best interactive stock topper made.....

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm happy w the green.....looks close in the pics.....just matches the Martian theme for me.....WOZECLE is a deeper, sparkly (richer) green, where AFMRLE one is more campy (lighter and flat) and no sparkle. Probably personal preference there, as some like the black better.....green for me....
Topper is a must have, imho.....yes, it's noisy when the martian interacts, but all part of the effect. Next to BM66LE/SLE, best interactive stock topper made.....

Yeah - I'm really digging the look of the AFMr LE's total package (including topper action) with the green trim.

#14 6 years ago

I prefer afm. Acdc did not last long at my house. I can see why people like it, but not my cup of tea.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 6 years ago

Both are good games but I vote ac dc premium.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

... I vote ac dc premium.

While not as aesthetically pleasing to the eye, AC/DC's gameplay, (ever improving) deep ruleset, and music really appeal to me.

So many good games and so little money and space!

#17 6 years ago

AFM for me.

#18 6 years ago

Get the one with the great code by Lyman

#19 6 years ago

Original AFM

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

While not as aesthetically pleasing to the eye, AC/DC's gameplay, (ever improving) deep ruleset, and music really appeal to me.
So many good games and so little money and space!

Just some food for thought and goes back to personal taste but i think acdc is a better home owner choice if you have a smaller collection.
Very deep ruleset to learn and different ways to attack the game.
Afm for me anyway gets boring on site. I always find myself walking away from that game after a couple of plays and feel ive had my fill and then some.

#21 6 years ago

have both. make room!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It looks MUCH BETTER in person. I would totally recommend that as the trim to get, having seen it in person now. People on the route I help on love it, too.

#23 6 years ago

I have had both several times and it’s nt even close AFM LE runs away with it

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Get the one with the great code by Lyman

Be more specific man!

PS - I’d choose AFM as a nice classic amongst the Stern relative newcomers, but like both.

#25 6 years ago

I've had AFM for several years now. It's one of my favorite pins of all time (if not my favorite), so I'd go AFMr LE. I do have an AC/DC Luci VE on order right now though, so eventually you'll probably want an AC/DC Premium too. They're both great games, but AFM is an all time classic for me that edges out AC/DC just a little.

1 month later
#26 6 years ago

I have a high end restoration original AFM, and an AC DC Premium VE. To me, there is nothing like the feel of a Bally/Williams game. But, having graduated HS in the 80's, I welcomed this particular Stern machine into the collection. Choosing between the AFMR and the AC DC P VE, my vote would be to take the Rock and Roll Train. Stunning machine.

#27 6 years ago

AFMr LE. The humor and fun can’t be beat, except by perhaps MM. Pinball perfection in my opinion.

#28 6 years ago

AFM LE is off the hook ! I have unboxed a few AC/DC pins and love my Luci but the AFM LE ? Or even the original AFM is no comparison

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-lasting-goodness-afmr-le-or-acdc-premium?hl=tbachli and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.