Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by thedefog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Before I tear into the schematics, I figured I'd ask everyone first as I'm sure I'm not the only one that has dealt with these issues.

First issue is that the game does not boot with the coin door closed. Haven't traced back that cab switch to see what the deal is yet, but the shaker motor also doesn't seem to work, and I'm assuming that the voltage line for it gets shut off when the coin door is open for safety purposes. Maybe not.

Second issue is with the T-Rex. Mine only wants to turn clockwise. It will not move in the opposite direction. I'm guessing there is some sort of switching going on that changes the polarity of the DC motor, maybe one of those relays, but it isn't happening. Checked all the switches and cleaned them, makes no difference.

Other than that, I got my cointaker LEDs installed tonight. Looks wonderful now. I'm about to start re-populating the playfield and install the new rubbers, but waiting for the new DMD to come so I can go through all the diagnostics first to prevent exta work. I'll post the entire restoration process with photos in the end.

#2 10 years ago

Bmp

#3 10 years ago

One last bump, then off to schematic world

#4 10 years ago

For issue #2...

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb39a.pdf
At the bottom of page 2 is info on the transistors that "might" be related to your problem.

Also, reflow the solder joints on the related relay board located under the playfield.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks

#6 10 years ago

Also, take the topside plate off that moves with the Trex. I've seen them bind up the mechanism below. Sometimes need to be re-bent or add a washer under the plate.

#7 10 years ago

I got the T-Rex going both ways now. Reflowed solder on the relay board and replaced the diode on the board. Now I just have to deal with the coin door switch problem.

#8 10 years ago

Figured it out. The switch was connected in reverse. Swapped the connectors. The game isn't supposed to boot when the coin door is open I'm assuming.

#9 10 years ago

Nevermind... After turning off for a bit and turning back on, the switch is doing was it was doing previously. I'm assuming a relay is involved with this switch.

#10 10 years ago

You might try a "restore defaults". I've seen some crazy behavior from data east when the CMOS ram gets scrambled.

#11 10 years ago

I have no batteries installed, so that may be affecting thenfunctionality. When I get the new DMD I'll finally be able o run diagnostics.

#12 10 years ago

Well I realized that not having batteries installed, the game is probably booting to the "open coin door" message, but I could not see that because my DMD is not functioning. The switch is fine. My T-Rex is still temperamental though, but apparently they all are. Probably need some switch lever adjustments.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-jurassic-park-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.