Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KW_pins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

More trouble with Gottlieb Sheriff. I flipped up the reset bank and there was a piece of paper stuck in the lone switch below the SB relay. Now when the replay button is pressed the score motor only goes around 1/3 of the way and the reset bank fires and everything stops including the score reels mid reset. The playfield has some lights but no ball is kicked out and no features work. I also noticed that the hold relay is not pulled in. When I manually hold in the hold relay while pressing start the whole playfield goes nuts, all chimes sound, and the flippers work till I let go of the hold relay then everything stops. Anyone got any advice to wake this thing up?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from KW_pins:

the hold relay is not pulled in

Do you mean the Hold (R) relay or the Tilt Hold (H) relay?

Maybe somebody can post the reset sequence from the manual, but until then, here's my read of the schematic. How much of this is your game doing?

The Replay button should activate the Replay Button (V) relay
The Replay Button (V) relay should activate the Start (S) relay
The Start (S) relay should activate the Reset Control (SB) relay
The Reset Control (SB) relay should activate Z3, Z2 and Z1 which should reset the score reels
Then the Reset Control (SB) relay, Z2 and Z3 should activate the Player Unit many times.
Then the Reset Control (SB) relay and the Player Unit should activate the Control Bank coil.

#3 5 years ago

Here's the current sequence.

1) game is plugged in (no switch. It's been hot wired).
2) game over relay QB and 1st ball relay ZB engage immediately on power up.
3)press replay button
4)reset control relay SB pulls in. score motor turns 1/3 turn l. replay button relay V and start relay S pulse once. Tilt hold relay H pulls in and stays in.
5a) If score reels are at zero. Z relays do nothing.
5b) if score reels aren't at zero z relays engage and reels try to reset (but only until reset bank bar engages).
6) at the 1/3 turn mark of the score motor, reset bank trips and everything stops reset control relay SB disengages. Game does not play and bank resets at 1/3 turn even if score reels aren't done resetting.
7) Game over relay QB and 1st ball relay stay engaged even after reset bank resets

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Do you mean the Hold (R) relay or the Tilt Hold (H) relay?

The tilt hold relay H pulls in. The hold relay R does not.

Also the player unit does nothing unless I click it up a few notches, in which case it resets fully. If I do this, the score motor will run until the player unit is back at home position and then it fires the relay bank reset.

What a cluster bleep!

#5 5 years ago

Turned out to be some stuck playfield switches and a fault somewhere in the hold relay circuit.

Hold relay still doesn't pull in but I rigged it closed and now the game plays. I was going to rig the hold relay anyway to keep the GI lights on when plugged in without having to start a game so no harm done there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 49.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-gottlieb-sheriff-woes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.