Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

joker-clap.gif
20140216_011113.jpg
image-565.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 10 years ago

Good one two punch if you have em side by side. Each great at immersing you into the theme but play very differently.

#53 10 years ago

Trrrrrrrrron, what have you become......love that line. LOTR: I expected more.

#54 10 years ago

<<LOTR: I expected more>>

What that supposed to mean? quote from game or you just wanting more from one of deepest game made in the land

#55 10 years ago

How deep is the Tron ruleset? I don't know because I have never played one. Looks hella fun though.

#56 10 years ago

In my opinion, both are great games. Tron is fast and fun, where LOTR is epic as someone mentioned before. I only keep one game at a time and I am selling my Tron to get LOTR back. The ruleset on LOTR is so much deeper than Tron and keeps my interest better in the long run.

#57 10 years ago

LoTR is a slower, chunkier game. Good art and theme, but won't pump up the adrenaline. TRON is fast and smooth, and the music can really get you going. Both are excellent, but I still give the edge to TRON. I got bored and sold the LoTR I bought at launch after less than a year (though my wife would have kept it longer due to the theme). On the other hand, I've also had a TRON since they first launched and can't see ever being without one.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

How deep is the Tron ruleset? I don't know because I have never played one. Looks hella fun though.

Not crazy deep. But depends on what you're comparing it to I guess. It's as deep if not deeper than plenty of 90s pins. It's really just about playing and having fun though, not keeping in mind a ton of strategy, or trying to carefully stack 6 modes at once or something. That can be refreshing, "deep" doesn't always mean better. LOTR is a beloved game, but I know people who tire of it, you don't always want to start some epic 40 minute journey every time you turn it on. Sometimes you just want to shoot some cool shots with bad ass music and sound clips and have a few good games. Tron is more of a "one more game" pin, than a "let's play this one game for ages" pin.

#59 10 years ago

LOTR for me

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

How deep is the Tron ruleset?

By today's standards it isn't particularly deep. And I am of the opinion that a pin does *not* need to have a deep ruleset to be a great pin.

The question is does the ruleset compliment the layout of the pin and the ball times for decent players? The ball is wild in Tron, so the ball times are short compared to LOTR, thus a more shallow ruleset. LOTR is super deep, thus longer ball times are needed to make your way further through the game.

Iron Man has a pretty simple ruleset, and it's not deep at all...but it is a *perfect* match for the way that pin plays!

#61 10 years ago

Tron is checkers.
LOTR is chess.

#62 10 years ago

LOTR for sure, but TRON is a beauty!

#63 10 years ago

LOTR is one of the best games money can buy. Tron is a middle of the road game.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Tron is checkers.
LOTR is chess.

You mean like playing strip checkers with a supermodel?

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That's the best analogy I've heard so far.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

<<LOTR: I expected more>>
What that supposed to mean? quote from game or you just wanting more from one of deepest game made in the land

If you have to ask....

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is there a .gif of this concept?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-fun-tron-or-lotr/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.