Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

joker-clap.gif
20140216_011113.jpg
image-565.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

From a fun standpoint, which one would you choose?

#2 10 years ago

Tron for me....I love both themes

#3 10 years ago

They're both incredibly fun but offer totally different experiences.

LOTR is epic fantasy quest fun with a classic movie score vibe, Tron is kick-your-ass and start again 10 times in a row futuristic fun with Daft Punk electronica vibe.

#4 10 years ago

Tron for me also.

#5 10 years ago

Are you going to create a WTB ad for the winner and then not buy one?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

how'd you guess? I'm going to buy a pin one day soon...i promise

#7 10 years ago

Tron

#8 10 years ago

2 best Sterns IMO. Get them both. I did.

#9 10 years ago

Tron is more fun LOTR gets boring to me, but it's a great game.

#10 10 years ago

Tron is much more fun. LOTR is more intense. Both are great. I own both. Tron gets 10x the play here. LOTR is epic, you need to set aside some time. When people are over for parties almost nobody touches LOTR. Too much of a commitment and you can't play it multiplayer. I mean, you can, but 5-10 minutes balls are common.

#11 10 years ago

both are amazing pins in there own ways.... but for me i gotta go with TRON for the win

#12 10 years ago

I have both...they complement each other well, depending on your mood. They are polar opposites in terms of gameplay.

#13 10 years ago

Not sure what you mean by "fun". If more fun = more to do, then LOTR.

#14 10 years ago

Those are my first two pins. Perfect compliment to each other and they both quickly revealed my pin-addiction waiting to be roused.

#15 10 years ago

I have both sitting next to each other. Totally different games, as others have said. If you like fast, Tron. If you like long ball times, LoTR.

#16 10 years ago

Do you really expect me to choose?

image-565.jpgimage-565.jpg

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

image-565.jpg 181 KB

Sweet set up. Don't choose. Just love.

#18 10 years ago

LoTR easy.

Not that TRON isn't fun. LoTR is just in a whole different galaxy.

#19 10 years ago

Couldn't be more different games really. Both great for completely different reasons.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

^^^ This ^^^

Same road, different game.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

^^^ This ^^^
Same road, different game.

The title was supposed to read "6k for a LOTR"
Sequel to the $11k for a Tron LE

#22 10 years ago

Like both games a lot but prefer Tron.

#23 10 years ago

TRON, not a doubt.

#25 10 years ago

Both great games with awesome theme integration. Three things to consider. Theme preference. Whether you want fast and intense or long ball times with epic rules. And what the other games you have in your collection.

Can't lose with either IMO.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

image-565.jpg 181 KB

Me too.

20140216_011113.jpg20140216_011113.jpg
#28 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Holy Crap, Jar turned his machines on.

joker-clap.gifjoker-clap.gif

#29 10 years ago

Whatever's in my gameroom.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

By the way, EPIC fail not having a poll on this thread already.

#31 10 years ago

I can play LoTR and hit shots way more than Tron which just destroys me for missing a shot. This does not mean I don't like Tron and will keep trying but like shot selection in LOTR better.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

We all know the truth is nobody is building a game as sweet as JJP. This is only their first crack at it. With the product they are churning out, JJP will sell every game they make. There's just nothing else on the market like it. I try to get excited for Stern games but they are all so similar nowadays. Where's the innovation?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I can play LoTR and hit shots way more than Tron which just destroys me for missing a shot. This does not mean I don't like Trondheim and will keep trying but like shot
selection in LOTR better.

Yep,LOTR shots are long,& rip through the returns so fast it makes me react different than any other pin. Tron is kinda the same but the 3rd flipper makes it totally different if that makes sense?!?

#34 10 years ago

Do you really want me to tell you what i think of the 2 ? I own a lot of Stern's & WOZ LE. I also talk to Jack so I've been on both sides.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Who's the guy in your avatar? I'm sure I'm the only one,but I don't know.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Who's the guy in your Avatar? I'm sure I'm the only one,but I don't know.

That's a selfie.

#37 10 years ago

Which movie was better? Sorry but the answer is NOT Tron. LOTR gets the award for the pin most emulating the experience of watching the movies. Follows the first 3 movies perfectly and 1.5hour game times that you need to pause for a bathroom break. My record is almost 2hrs and only 1 ring shot away from Valinor... Then miss the ring ramp and the epic ball drain. Never played for months after.

#38 10 years ago

I love Tron but if I gotta pick I would have to go with LotR, Plus I will never get to valinor lol.

Joe(acejedi)

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Don't get excited. The picture is an old one. No pins were turned on last night.

#40 10 years ago

LOTR by a long mile for me. I never really understood the love for Tron but, I like games loaded with features and always felt it's playfield was too sparse for my preference. Also, I rarely suffer from the fabled long ball times on LOTR, so not an issue there.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Tron is more fun, but damn, LOTR is an awesome game (owned a LOTR for 7 years)

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

LoTR easy.
Not that TRON isn't fun. LoTR is just in a whole different galaxy.

In terms of "fun"? I think not, but it obviously has a lot to do with your definition of fun.

Obviously LOTR has an epic ruleset that is far deeper than Tron, but that doesn't make it more fun than Tron to me.

I think they are both great pins, two of my favorites actually, but in terms of pure fun factor I might give the edge to the faster pin with better flow and better music: Tron.

LOTR is more of an epic pin, with long ball times to help you get through the long journey (modes) and deep ruleset. Of course there is fun to be had in LOTR no doubt, especially with beating some of the modes like FOTR MB.

#43 10 years ago

#44 10 years ago

I say, take the money you were going to spend in a Tron LE and buy a LOTR and Tron Pro. Dats wat I Tink.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

That's a selfie.

Must have used a shutter timer, eh?

#46 10 years ago

Tron = more fun. LOTR = great pinball

#47 10 years ago

interestingly enough, i believe that both games accomplish something that very few games do-they both successfully put you , the player, into the game. in tron it is like you are on the grid. in lotr, you become part of the adventure. being on the grid is more fun and allows for instant gratification, pure adrenaline, and a blowing of the mind senses wise . in lord, the goal of the adventure is to make it to the end. therefore it is much more satisfying. lord has been gone from my collection for a long time now but tron is still around and will not leave. when i ask myself do i want a lotr back, it always goes back to my lack of love for the path of the dead. if that was done differently when the game was designed (maybe like path of adventure in ij) lord would have been perfect to me.

#48 10 years ago

as said by RobT just above, lets admit LOTR have better (well deeper) rules/mode/things to do, but its also more easy (to play, not to finish), when you launch a game, you know you'll surelly still be there on the next 15 minutes...

TRON is just something different, brutal
if you dont master it (or just have no luck), game is done in less than 2 minutes...

than, it depends on what YOU are searching for, matching what you like in a pinball

#49 10 years ago

Both are phenomenal pins. Tron wins though by a landslide IMHO.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

nterestingly enough, i believe that both games accomplish something that very few games do-they both successfully put you , the player, into the game. in tron it is like you are on the grid. in lotr, you become part of the adventure. being on the grid is more fun and allows for instant gratification, pure adrenaline, and a blowing of the mind senses wise . in lord, the goal of the adventure is to make it to the end. therefore it is much more satisfying. lord has been gone from my collection for a long time now but tron is still around and will not leave. when i ask myself do i want a lotr back, it always goes back to my lack of love for the path of the dead. if that was done differently when the game was designed (maybe like path of adventure in ij) lord would have been perfect to me.

Well said, and I completely agree. Both pins do a superb job (better than most) of really immersing you in their theme. They both set an atmosphere that is very distinct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.50
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-fun-tron-or-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.