Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by someoneelse
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_0101.JPG

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Got a lot of great responses from the last "more fun to play" thread. So which one guys? Monster or Medieval?

#2 6 years ago

There's a reason they're rated #1 and #2. They're both fun.

#4 6 years ago

MM by a mile...IMO

#5 6 years ago

MM, but only by a King of Pain's ass hair…. MB is very very close second in my book. Hopefully PP will roll out a MB right after the MM.

#6 6 years ago

MM for me personally, I don't understand why people that ask questions like this don't start a poll seems easier.

#7 6 years ago

MM gets the nod from me. MB is not too far behind.

#8 6 years ago

LED

100_0101.JPG

#9 6 years ago

I have both. They are both top games. Think MM gets the edge,

#10 6 years ago

I love both, but MB is my favorite pin of all time, so it gets the nod from me. But I do loves me some MM.

#11 6 years ago

I think MM is the top

#12 6 years ago

When i first started playing pinball (aside from when my dad would give me a hand full of quarters at the end of a long say of snowboarding when I was a kid and he would go to the back room for a pile of brewskies), I played a LLOOTT of MM and MB on location. I loved both games just as much with consideration I didnt know ANY rules for either.

Now that I am 110% into pins, am an owner, and know the rules for both pins, I give my vote MM.
MB is fun, but for some reason that I cant put my finger on, it pisses me off.

Simply put, if the two were put in front of me to choose from Id go for MM

#13 6 years ago

MM, though MB has better music

#14 6 years ago

MM over MB, not even close in my opinion.

#16 6 years ago

Medieval Madness by quite a lot.

Monster Bash is a formulaic snooze-fest.

#18 6 years ago
#19 6 years ago

MM. Not even a dispute.

#20 6 years ago

both are fun to play as long as your playing them at someone elses house. Wouldn't want to own either, but they have cute jokes which are fun once in a great while. Plus, you can get to the ending of MB fairly easy after a game or two. MM, is harder, but gets repetitive quickly.

#21 6 years ago

MB is pretty easy comparatively and can get old somewhat fast, but lools awesome and still fuN. MM has this one fo Me

#22 6 years ago

I enjoy the theme of mb more, but mm is the deeper game no doubt.

#23 6 years ago

MB... I just enjoy the atmosphere Monster gives way too god damn much. MM is awesome as well, but I feel some of the call outs are a little too cheesy at times.

#24 6 years ago

Gun to my head? MB. I get why people love MM, but I don't understand why the worship by some people. It's good, but not godly. The callouts are funny, but MB is funnier. However, getting Monsters of Rock (collecting the instruments) on MB is relatively easy, and becoming the King on MM is much harder. The layouts are almost identical, though... pops in upper right... fan layout. MB's music is where it really kicks ass.

#25 6 years ago

A poll would have been better.

#26 6 years ago

MB for me. Especially in tournament/competitive play. MM is castle all day for the points...

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

both are fun to play as long as your playing them at someone elses house. Wouldn't want to own either, but they have cute jokes which are fun once in a great while. Plus, you can get to the ending of MB fairly easy after a game or two. MM, is harder, but gets repetitive quickly.

Why wouldn't you want to own MM? Too easy? Aren't all games repetitive. You only have one set of rules
Thanks
The reasoning am asking is I have a preorder in on MMr and I am contemplating canceling.
Thanks.

#28 6 years ago

I have owned both. Medieval is still in my personal top 3 of all time. I had to force myself to play MB thinking I would learn to like it, but just never did. MB is pretty to look at, but I found the music turned me off to it.

#29 6 years ago

Medieval madness no contest

#30 6 years ago

MM, but I don't own either. Niether game crosses my "fun per dollar" threshold. I absolutely understand why they are both top rated games, but even taking cost out of it there a a lot of B titles I'd rather have.

#31 6 years ago

Tough question.

Shooting and rules- probably MM
Everything else- MB

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Why wouldn't you want to own MM? Too easy? Aren't all games repetitive. You only have one set of rules
Thanks
The reasoning am asking is I have a preorder in on MMr and I am contemplating canceling.
Thanks.

Because the rules are written for a 5 year old. Same thing over and over. Yes the same can be said about mode based games, but modes break it up better. Shooting this shot 4 times, this shot 5 times over and over and over, is not fun. gets old fast. MM did not last long in my collection, after 3 months, was worth more as a pile of money than it was to keep. And at that, $5500 it still wasn't worth keeping and that's what I sold it for.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Because the rules are written for a 5 year old. Same thing over and over. Yes the same can be said about mode based games, but modes break it up better. Shooting this shot 4 times, this shot 5 times over and over and over, is not fun. gets old fast. MM did not last long in my collection, after 3 months, was worth more as a pile of money than it was to keep. And at that, $5500 it still wasn't worth keeping and that's what I sold it for.

Couldn't agree more. Castle and ramps are well done, however didn't like anything else about the game. Couldn't pass up a high-end restoration that was local to me. Lasted 3 months…paid 13k, sold it 15k (to a retailer). Good investment, "meh" game. Hard for me to believe the excitement about the remake. Oh well.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Damn. I don't like to hear that. I am going to rethink my preorder carefully. I likely will get my refund. Better ways to spend $8,000; TSPP and another great game for the price of one.

#35 6 years ago

Poll please!

#36 6 years ago

i enjoy MB just a little bit more. More colorful artwork, better toys. I prefer the licensed monsters to the knock-off Monty Python theme. I also really like the music, and the whole "getting the band back together" theme hits me where it hurts because as a former punk rocker who still hangs out with those friends, I am constantly haranguing them about reforming whenever i get a few drinks in me.

that said, of COURSE MM is a great game too.

PS - why the heck isn't there a poll?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Damn. I don't like to hear that. I am going to rethink my preorder carefully. I likely will get my refund. Better ways to spend $8,000; TSPP and another great game for the price of one.

Well I would figure, if your on the preorder wagon, you have played the game extensively. My first rule for anything is never ever buy something you haven't played a lot of. I like to have it be around 50 + games before you have played enough to make an informed decision. Don't buy off of others hype. Only YOU can decide.

#40 6 years ago

For me it's MB. Got tired of playing MM awhile back although MM is a great game.

#41 6 years ago

Medieval Madness. Sold MB. Both are fun games but MM is a wonderful game, great toys, and everyone who comes over likes to play it. MB not so much.

3 weeks later
#42 5 years ago

MM by a ton! I think MB is way too easy. I have finished it a few times, and I don't even own it and I've never finished MM. I love MM...great theme, funny call outs, love bashing the castle, great art....just an all around fun game! If I didn't own an original, I'd deffinately pay 8K for a remake! Mine is never leaving!....right now it is the only DMD pin I own....

Brian

#43 5 years ago

#1 AFM or MB (can't decide)
#2 MM (Which I sold after 3 months because I didn't get all the hype and would rather have the money)

Yeah, I know AFM wasn't in the OP's question. Just think these 3 should be in a poll together. Sorry OP don't mean to hijack.

#44 5 years ago

I love MB but i gotta give the nod to MM here.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

My first rule for anything is never ever buy something you haven't played a lot of. I like to have it be around 50 + games before you have played enough to make an informed decision. Don't buy off of others hype. Only YOU can decide.

Hey Kaneda, you would be wise to listen to this. You need to get out and play more, decide what you like for yourself. You're like a hyperactive butterfly on Heisenberg meth, flitting from one flower to another. Don't worry about what other people like, find out what you like.

#46 5 years ago

I like both a lot. MM better than MB.

#47 5 years ago

In the end its about which game looks better is cooler and MB is MUCH prettier and cooler than MM's dated mono bland colour outdated theme. Bwahaha! MB Seems to be the most played pin at my house and the fact that its achievable / easier than other games makes it a great enjoyable game. I don't see many of us reaching the end of most games….. But each to their own of course. Metallica LE is the best pin ever made. I rest my balls.

#48 5 years ago

MB got me into the hobby so I might have to give it the nod. That said, I have MM on order and can't wait to play the shit out of it.

Oh and METLE is my favorite game right now too.

#49 5 years ago

I've owned both...sold MM, and MB will be with me until the end. I agree with others that MB is 'easier' but the Monty Python style humor in MM I didn't dig. To each his own....live and let live I say!

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I've owned both...sold MM, and MB will be with me until the end. I agree with others that MB is 'easier' but the Monty Python style humor in MM I didn't dig. To each his own....live and let live I say!

MB may be easy on TPA... but put your real-life MB playfield pitch at 8.3 degrees like mine with no ball save. That is not an easy game

And as far as MM for Monty Python--I only recall hearing one Monty Python-ish quote... about the shrubbery. I think MB is actually funnier.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside