comixzone_011.jpg
cabinet.png
Screenshot_2015-12-01_12.20.26.png
spider-man.jpg
jj.png
images.jpg
kcar_woody.jpg
Matchbox.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

I paid less than $5K for IMVE delivered

I was quoted less than $5K for one delivered also when they were in production. I am hoping for similar price for a SMVE if it is true. I will only get one if it uses comic book art though.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't think there is anything I hate seeing more than all this VE crap that keeps flying around. It worked for a small run of IM's because there was only a small run of IMs - it won't work elsewhere.

Stern has been doing it the last 20 years. SM, TSPP, LOTR, and Tron have already had VE runs without the VE moniker. So it already has worked. Putting into production something that had been out of production is old hat for them.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It worked before, while the lotr movies and sm were still getting pumped out and hot. Tspp was seriously funder by Chuck e cheese. With all the new titles and the market suturation, it's not going to be successful again.

You're saying in the past the reruns sold because the properties were still popular because they were in the public conscience. Spider-man is supposed to be in the next big Marvel movie Civil War and is going to continue solo movies. Plus the comics are still popular. With all of that it still is going to be a re-theme, different art, dots, and call outs, not just a straight port.

Quoted from benheck:

My concern is, are they building out to fit the factory, or what the market wants?

I really don't know about saturation as runs in the past were usually pretty small. So small that I would consider the runs a niche or blip on the market. I would be surprised if the SMVE equals a 1/10 of all SM made. I'm sure it will sell out of a small run. They ran a test market of the pin and Costco TDK, and it didn't seem to effect them even if those were failures. So it would not be too much of a risk to see if this market exists.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-evidence-of-spiderman-ve?tu=jimjim66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.