comixzone_011.jpg
cabinet.png
Screenshot_2015-12-01_12.20.26.png
spider-man.jpg
jj.png
images.jpg
kcar_woody.jpg
Matchbox.jpg
There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 8 years ago

So I was trying to look at the trend of MSRP pricing on Stern's website for out of production games and noticed something that probably points to the Spiderman VE. It looks like the archived games all use pretty much the same web template that has a place for MSRP. Most of them have the price set at $0, but the Spiderman has been updated to $5799 which close to the kiss pro price of $5999.

Speculate away .

#3 8 years ago

Ipdb says msrp for stern Spiderman was $5799 so I'm not sure there's much to speculate

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5237

#4 8 years ago

The guy I got my IMVE from told me he paid 4350 for it and the MSRP is 5499 so I'm going to guess the street price is going to be around $4500 picked up.

Probably still a bit cheaper than buying a used one though and it'll probably be loaded with LEDS.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Ipdb says msrp for stern spiderman was $5799 so I'm not sure there's much to speculate
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5237

Why are all the other machine that have been in production after spiderman like Xmen showing an MSPR of $0

Crap I looked a few more and Batman is showing $5999. Maybe they just didn't feel like updating all the prices.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

The guy I got my IMVE from told me he paid 4350 for it and the MSRP is 5499 so I'm going to guess the street price is going to be around $4500 picked up.
Probably still a bit cheaper than buying a used one though and it'll probably be loaded with LEDS.

Who got a IMVE for $4350? I don't believe it. Do you?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I didn't really question it. I've never bought a NIB pin so I have no idea. That number sticks in my head, but I could just be remembering wrong. It was a year ago.

#8 8 years ago

$4350 for IMVE is the best price I've ever heard

#9 8 years ago

I believe it. I know for a fact that there are dealers who give great prices to guys who buy pretty much every new pin. I've bought a couple of used pins and when the owners told me what they paid I was blown away. One pin was $650 less than the best price quote that I got.

#10 8 years ago

Maybe that is what is digging into you as you shop for a NIB. "This guy bought a IMVE delivered and paid with a credit card for $4350 last year, so why cant I get that low a price on Kiss?". Who the heck knows if that was a real price. Sounds to low to me. Have fun when you call to shop for a NIB though. There are a lot of good people on the other end of the phone.

At least you do not have to sit in a cubicle for 2 hours while you wait for the sales guy to come back to you and in the meantime get introduced to the general manger and service manager. Shopping pins is easy compared to buying a car.

#11 8 years ago

And LOTR has 6499. Were they that back when they were selling them?

#12 8 years ago

At least you do not have to sit in a cubicle for 2 hours while you wait for the sales guy to come back to you and in the meantime get introduced to the general manger and service manager. Shopping pins is easy compared to buying a car.

Oh man this is the worst!! When you put it that way.

#13 8 years ago

That is the best part of buying a car.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

That is the best part of buying a car.

i never buy a NIB car anyway.. too much depreciation in the first year, let alone upon driving it out of the dealership.

at least pins dont depreciate THAT much.

#15 8 years ago

I paid less than $5K for IMVE delivered.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

i never buy a NIB car anyway.. too much depreciation in the first year, let alone upon driving it out of the dealership.
at least pins dont depreciate THAT much.

I didn't know you could buy a NIB car. That would take a pretty big box!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Not necessarily ...

Matchbox.jpgMatchbox.jpg

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

I paid less than $5K for IMVE delivered

I was quoted less than $5K for one delivered also when they were in production. I am hoping for similar price for a SMVE if it is true. I will only get one if it uses comic book art though.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Its all in the packaging!

kcar_woody.jpgkcar_woody.jpg

#21 8 years ago

I have noticed an uptick in sm for sale listings, just sayin!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I have noticed an uptick in sm for sale listings, just sayin!

Because of speculation threads like this?

#23 8 years ago

I was expecting ten new threads after Stern posted the picture of the Tron LE today. Haha.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I was expecting ten new threads after Stern posted the picture of the TRON LE today. Haha.

It's still early in the US.

#25 8 years ago

I don't think there is anything I hate seeing more than all this VE crap that keeps flying around. It worked for a small run of IM's because there was only a small run of IMs - it won't work elsewhere.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't think there is anything I hate seeing more than all this VE crap that keeps flying around. It worked for a small run of IM's because there was only a small run of IMs - it won't work elsewhere.

Stern has been doing it the last 20 years. SM, TSPP, LOTR, and Tron have already had VE runs without the VE moniker. So it already has worked. Putting into production something that had been out of production is old hat for them.

#27 8 years ago

It worked before, while the lotr movies and sm were still getting pumped out and hot. Tspp was seriously funder by Chuck e cheese. With all the new titles and the market suturation, it's not going to be successful again.

#28 8 years ago

Matthew Mandarano Quit teasing Stern Pinball -- Announce the VE of this! smile emoticon
Like · Reply · 2 hrs

Stern Pinball Premium VE?
Like · 1 · 2 hrs

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I've got $20 says we see Stern's next VE announced sometime in the next twelve months (on or before 7/31/16). Any interest?

#30 8 years ago

I'm not getting caught up in the bets with all this stuff. Anything is possible, I just don't see it as feasible.

#32 8 years ago

Speculation is fun. Just ask Wall St traders! Less risk here too.

Now, who mentioned Jaws again?!

#33 8 years ago

No one but you

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I didn't even think it would work with IM... and I was totally wrong. The VE model is here to stay, and the VE speculation is here to stay. Get used to it, because it will only ramp up after they release the next one.

#35 8 years ago

They've got a huge new factory. Need to build something with it.

My concern is, are they building out to fit the factory, or what the market wants?

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My concern is, are they building out to fit the factory, or what the market wants?

I mean, given that Stern had to take outside investment money during the last recession, I am hoping that they have a good pulse on the market and would not make a decision like expansion lightly.

Given that JJP is hiking prices I think that overall pinball machine demand must be up. How long it will stay that way? Not sure. I know the collectible market in general (fine art, cars, etc) has absolutely skyrocketed in the last 5 years. I am guessing that Stern is just riding the wave at this point. But if there's demand and Stern is a supplier they'd be silly not to make hay while the sun shines.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It worked before, while the lotr movies and sm were still getting pumped out and hot. Tspp was seriously funder by Chuck e cheese. With all the new titles and the market suturation, it's not going to be successful again.

You're saying in the past the reruns sold because the properties were still popular because they were in the public conscience. Spider-man is supposed to be in the next big Marvel movie Civil War and is going to continue solo movies. Plus the comics are still popular. With all of that it still is going to be a re-theme, different art, dots, and call outs, not just a straight port.

Quoted from benheck:

I really don't know about saturation as runs in the past were usually pretty small. So small that I would consider the runs a niche or blip on the market. I would be surprised if the SMVE equals a 1/10 of all SM made. I'm sure it will sell out of a small run. They ran a test market of the pin and Costco TDK, and it didn't seem to effect them even if those were failures. So it would not be too much of a risk to see if this market exists.

#38 8 years ago

He did not pay 4350 for his IMVE.

#39 8 years ago

If priced right SM VE will sell very well no question in my mind. It's surprising to me that anyone in touch with the pinball vibe would doubt that. Not sure why some are against Stern re-releasing some of their more popular pins. It's great to see more of the most loved Stern pins being available to buy NIB.

#40 8 years ago

After attending CAX and swinging by D&D Pinball, I'd say that Stern may be right about an uptick in pinball popularity. CAX attendance was up, with all ages accounted for. D&D reports the same. Too small of a sampling for a solid forecast, but a pinball upswing may just be back for awhile...

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

After attending CAX and swinging by D&D Pinball, I'd say that Stern may be right about an uptick in pinball popularity. CAX attendance was up, with all ages accounted for. D&D reports the same. Too small of a sampling for a solid forecast, but a pinball upswing may just be back for awhile...

Sounded like CAX has grown a lot beyond pinball, though - the show attendance was up for sure, but the proportion of pinball vs. other arcades decreased.

Anyways, I'd agree that pinball is on the uptick. Most people on this site would.

#42 8 years ago

All sorts of interesting teases by stern in that thread. From VE to TRON premium. Another tease or something on the horizon? Only time will tell...unfortunately, time and patience is not our strongest virtue in this hobby

#43 8 years ago

The prices your seeing for Spider-Man, LOTR, etc being in the 5k range is probably right considering there today's premiums. sterns back in those days were made with lots of toys and were $3500-4000 then. Now there considered premiums with that amount of toys and etc. Stern offered pros when bbh, iron man, etc and dumbed down on the toys and etc. compare the toys on Austin powers and Twd premium

#44 8 years ago

I got my LOTR and SM back in the day nib for $4750 shipped. But i was new to the hobby so that price included the pinballsales $300 sucker guarantee. So could have had it for $4450. In either case; i think if an SM or LOTR VE happens, it'll be at todays premium prices which would be $6300 shipped give or take.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got my LOTR and SM back in the day nib for $4750 shipped. But i was new to the hobby so that price included the pinballsales $300 sucker guarantee. So could have had it for $4450. In either case; i think if an SM or LOTR VE happens, it'll be at todays premium prices which would be $6300 shipped give or take.

Yikes really? $6300 shipped would sway me waaaaay away from one of those vaults.

#46 8 years ago

Spiderman vs a Kiss Pro - doesn't seem that different in the Toy department.

#47 8 years ago

No way, IMO price will be same or close to IMVE. Premium price point would kill a ton of sales. No reason to kill sales on pin that has layout and mechanics already designed.

#48 8 years ago

I know Pinside does not condone gambling, but I would take a huge best against there being any VE's in the next month, if I could.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

spiderman vs a Kiss Pro - doesn't seem that different in the Toy department.

Kiss Pro:
-Gene head (spinner + spit-out VUK)
-Starchild figure (non moving)

Spider-Man:
-Sandman (up/down movement figure, up/down target bank, Sling VUK)
-Doc Ock (magnet, up/down figure, Sling VUK)
-Venom (non-moving toy, but extra ramp & extra flipper)
-Green Goblin (toy + kicker coil for motion)

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

No way, IMO price will be same or close to IMVE. Premium price point would kill a ton of sales. No reason to kill sales on pin that has layout and mechanics already designed.

IMVE bill of materials was in the cost cutting days of stern. So it's BOM is way lower than that of SM or LOTR. So I think a $6k (unshipped) is very plausible in today's market. And i doubt they'll do a big run of them either; they'll do enough to cover costs and profit margins. These are meant to cater to the higher end collectors that would pay that price for an nib rather than roll the dice on a used one. I think they'd sell just fine at that price - complete, proven, finished.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 25.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 268 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-evidence-of-spiderman-ve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.