Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,861 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by joeaf
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1507 8 years ago

A guy in Seattle wants to sell his Congo, but willing to trade for a motorcycle.
    I have heard this one before...

Ah, the typical life span of a "short term" pinball collector.

Anybody know him?
    three photos, basically of damaged areas+ one stock photo, no concept of the machine condition, no idea what else lurks on this machine.
    Adding more photos planned, and yes, that would be a good idea.
    He did get the production facts right, so kudos.
    $4200, higher than average, unless you have that motorcycle to trade!

seattle.craigslist.org link

#1511 8 years ago

Here is a few fun ones.
    "Mars God of War" pinball cabinet turned into a bookshelf.
    I think he meant "pinball carcass" in his ad.
    Pinball carcass?
    Sadly, the project was never finished...

Only $100!

portland.craigslist.org link

Another guy wants to trade his hot tub for a pinball machine, but it does not work, again sadly...
    He does say that the tub will work if you install a $30 part though!
    Yeah, right.
    How about I give him a broken pinball machine that does not work in trade.

One more, this person supposedly is selling a Stern "Pirates of the Caribbean" pinball machine for $50.
    Yeah, right. Well, I guess it is possible, maybe he stole it?
    Unfortunately, he does not check his email, and has no contact phone number to text.
    So, how is a person to reach him, again?
    Uh huh...

I keep thinking of a word to describe these people in my head, and it rhymes with "yard".

#1512 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Some guy near me wanted to trade a pin for an electric golf cart. Seems to be kind of an oddly specific item to trade for.

I have actually traded back a golf cart for a Joker Poker pinball machine.
    It was a restore project that I picked up and was using for shuttles.
    I was glad to see it go, and a fair trade.

#1520 8 years ago
    Quoted from visi0n:

Um.. 10k Sega SW Trilogy, anyone?
    Neiman Marcus Limited Edition Sega Star Wars Pinball Machine 1997

I really hated that game, it sucked.
    Data East did a much better job.

#1526 8 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

What does Neiman Marcus have to do with Star Wars?

Abolutely nothing.
    Its a high end store for spoiled rich people, who want to overpay for everything.

#1531 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Williams Spanish Eyes, only off about $1,800

Does the riding lawn mower come with it?
    YEE-HAH!

2 weeks later
    #1590 8 years ago

Most savvy collectors know how the "systems" work regarding all sales websites. This is not "revolutionary", and the poster above is now contributing to the issues. The only best deal is the one you work for yourself with dillegence.

#1609 8 years ago

Some collectors are picky other than "condition versus cost versus keeper", I don't need more projects, junk, or parts cluttering up my workspace.

Real estate space is now more important than endless rows of machines.

Once you get over 20+ restored machines in your home, keeping everything running perfectly starts to become a full time job.

Most long term collectors figure this out, ESPECIALLY if you keep more than 3 manufacturer type of machines. Parts storage is a nightmare. At one point, I was running 8 generations simultaneously.

#1611 8 years ago

The skeeball machine looks like a$$ with the "cow pasture" look about it.

Who are all those collectors that want to being "this one back from the dead", and make it look good too?

Point made again. Garbage like this in homes/shops/garages means you are pinball hoarder and have issues, not a collector.

#1629 8 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

This just knocked my socks off, and I wasn't even wearing any...
    boston.craigslist.org link

Yes, but looking at the photo it's the only thing the person owns...

#1639 8 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

The high asking price is to cover YouTube video production costs! It's retail, just offer a lower price, everything is negotiable!
    » YouTube video

This guy needs to stop using his daughter and wife in his videos and photos.

#1646 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Man, I wish I was one of those cool people that had a lit up pinball machine in my basement, even if it doesn't work! Hardly anyone can say they have that.

Here is my personal quote back to the original Craigslist author:

"A pinball machine that does not work is a 300 lb doorstop." (TBK, 2002)

#1647 8 years ago
    Quoted from nickbuol:

He is!!! And for "only" $13,495.... The listing states that it is "the best" Theatre of Magic out there, so clearly it is worth that crazy price. He even has a video in the description with some female family member...

Personally, I am partial to Capcom's Pinball Magic, it has better toys and tricks, although artwork is about the same quality.
    ToM's concept were resused from MANY other machines and then basically repeated again in TOTAN and CV.
    An actual HUO ToM bought NIB for a person's home will command this price however, if applicable.
    I have seen a few, and they are out there, although like an X Files episode.

#1669 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Any cabinet collectors here?

I have used EBD cabinets just like one and rebuilt complete games. It a shame to see them basically thrown away by people who part them out for quick cash. EBD IS not a hard game to restore.

#1676 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Chuckles is now trying to pull the same sh*t on Ebay, check it out

Sometimes I really hate people in this hobby. Anybody out for a quick buck, especially those that have ethic issues need to dragged out in the street and shot.

#1699 8 years ago
    Quoted from madsci:

newyork.craigslist.org link
    ARCADE GAME,Video,5000 games in one - $9500 (NNJ) ........PLEASE READ.........
    The Arcade Game is absolutely amazing. I have had it for 5 years after paying $12000.00 and it has become a major "go-to" game for family and friends. There are 5000 games to choose from and you are getting decades worth of games. Any major game you can think of that has been in an arcade can be found here. Super Mario, Dozens of Street Fighter Versions, Pac Man Galore and dance platform, Games from the 80's that we all grew up on, all the way up to games like TEKKEN, Japanese Arcade, Burger Time, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders GALORE and so, so much more.
    The arcade machine is obviously very heavy and will require a lot of preparation for shipping. I prefer a local pickup, but everything is negotiable. If you need me to ship this, contact me in advance and we can discuss. I have the original manual and can send you any information you need at all, just let me know. ENJOY!
    Question: Are any of the following games on this: Rampage World Tour, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Double Dragon, The Simpsons, WWF Superstars, WWF wrestlefest, Pac Man, Mrs. PacMan, Mortal Kombat, NBA Jam, and Altered Beast?
    Answer: YES, And all of the various versions of these. PHOTOS were added to this listing of each item.

"Description: Overpriced MAME cabinet" (Author, TBK, 2000)
    I have seen this hundreds of times based on people who keep trying to rip people off after practicing their woodworking skills.
    The speakers look like complete a$$.

#1700 8 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

Gotta give credit to LilRocky for this one:
    ebay.com link » Bally Paragon Pinball Machine Backglass
    Paragon Backglass, Only $125!

"Anything for a buck."

#1701 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sometimes I wonder about the sanity of the people in this hobby. I know, I know. You'll say it was just an expression and that you weren't serious about shooting someone, but still. Is there any reason to take it to this level?
    I was in another thread where a guy talked about a CL experience he had where a woman tell him she would sell him her game, but when he arrived someone else was there and was already loading it up into their truck. He said he still has dreams of "hacking that b**ch up".
    Come on guys. Don't forget to take your meds! It's just a hobby.

Sanity has nothing to do with it unfortunately.
    Most people never stick around long enough to learn much of anything before they move onto their next fad.
    The is the way of the world now.
    Instant gratification, and throw away electronics.

Let me reiterate some insight for the masses.

After 25+ years collecting you WILL feel differently.
    The predominance of most people is short lived in this hobby, and when they want to "unload" they do and "anything goes".
    This goes for operators too!
    I berate people I meet that try this kind of stuff.
    I have no problem doing it in public either to humiliate them.
    They are taking advantage of other people's ignorance, and they will be subjected to correction if possible by knowledgeable people.
    Sellers HATE me when I am used as a buying agent to provide a value estimate in person for purchase and technical evaluation.
    Many times the seller will retort with things like, "my machine is worth TWICE that value"!
    I then turn the potential buyer and say TWO WORDS, "Walk away."
    I actually have had sellers threaten to assault me after I said THOSE WORDS.
    And you say I am violent?
    Hardly.

This has no relevance in auctions, except when photos are doctored, reused, or fraudulent.
    If a person wants to take a chance on a "sight unseen" pinball machine be sold by an individual with no background from their home, that is THEIR RISK. They cannot comeback later and say "I was robbed".
    Stupid people should never breed.
    Everybody makes mistakes in life, but this defies normal common sense.

This has nothing of relevance about sales of "first come, first serve" by individuals either.
    NOBODY should expect a person to stand with their thumb up their a$$ waiting for somebody to "come back and buy the machine".
    Why?
    Because people are fickle, flighty, and change their minds constantly (ie unreliable).
    If a person feels "cheated" because they did not get their first, this just another example of the above problems.

These are the realities of life.

"To the victor goes the spoils, be fast, and bring cash" (TBK, 2000)

#1711 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

ebay.com link
    Maybe you'd like a poster?

I will say it again, "Anything for a buck."
    Maybe it will be a collector item in 20 years.

I never realized he had such a fan club.
    He did sell five of these, most likely to his relatives. (Insert dueling banjos here)

Here is something GOOD to hang on your wall, and it's well done and tasteful as well.

The most impressive part is the cosplay, because the outfit took a lot of work and matches the game perefectly. It's too bad most will not appreciate the artist photo more than the woman herself.

janine_pinball1.jpgjanine_pinball1.jpg

#1712 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Do you live under power lines?

Do you feel insulted or would you like assistance?
    Intensity comes with my personality after spending a full career in the military. It's natural, and motivating.

#1716 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

It also comes with psychosis, there is nothing natural about a desire to berate and humiliate people publicly. Deep breaths man, that stress and shit will kill you.

I never stated I "enjoyed" doing such actions. That is sadistic. What I do know is human beings DO NOT learn unless are consequences. Otherwise, unscrupulous sellers just keep trying to burn new collectors. I do my part to protect against these actions.

#1717 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Who are these people?

The definition here is called, "Rabid ignorance and disgraceful unwillingness to admit the proper truth"

(ie person who clearly lies)

VERY EXPENSIVE EM pinball machine, especially for a title that is virtually unknown.
    I guess he likes playing the machine without the glass off, but the reality check is he knows the machine does not even work properly, and wants to unload the machine as quickly as possible.

#1719 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

A willingness to berate and humiliate someone over the price of a pinball machine, I agree that is sadistic and if you don't enjoy it why are you doing it?

It's not strange if you spent the first half of your life in a military career. It's engrained as a part of moral values. I detest those that try to take advantage of others in any shape and form.

People learn from PAIN, not pleasure, or they just keep doing the same bad things over and over again.
    You can think about it as some "hellraiser" analogy if you will.

It's not about price, it's about condition, functionality, and cost together. I am not the "price police", I am one of those collectors that help others to get into the hobby but try to ensure they DO NOT have an immediate bad taste in their mouth and quit before the start, because of bad sellers burned their house to the ground, after stealing everything not nailed down, and then came back later after the fire to sift through the ashes.

I am sure you would have appreciated having this support at some point.

A person should get what they pay for every time.

As I already stated, I do this to protect others, as many people will not do it, out of lack of concern or care. No different than when I protected the rights of others for different reasons at another time in my life. Canadians, Brits, Frenchies, Germans, it does not matter.

Did you know that most insurance companies do not recognize the existence of pinball machine appraisers?
    Guess what they are wrong about this as well, although auctioneers enjoy trying to make people believe otherwise.

#1721 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I disagree with you on almost every level so we will just have to agree to disagree.

Fair enough.
    Mutual respect in opinion is always appreciated.

#1723 8 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

lexington.craigslist.org link
    "It's a Christmas miracle!!!! You've been looking for that special gift for that special someone, look no further. Here's your chance to own your very own WORKING Doodle Bug pinball machine!!! That's right, I said a "working Doodle Bug" pinball machine. Read that last statement again to make sure that your eyes aren't deceiving you. This classic beauty from the early 1970's needs a new home...yours! Don't wait and get Scrooged. Buy this machine or you'll be crying tears of regret all winter."
    There you go folks... for a mere $800 all your Christmas wishes come true!

I like the "homie" fine print disclaimer part at the end.
    That was entertaining.

#1740 8 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

boston.craigslist.org link
    (GOLD in capitals, 100% shopped 17 years ago, add cool features and most importantly will make you money in the future)
    This TAF pinball is a collectors edition. Has several GOLD features

I thought all TAF were made of REAL GOLD! (Special Edition of otherwise)

At least that is what the general population thinks overall, pinball collector or not.

Planetary needs to reproduce this game someday and make loosen its waistband by about 10 notches.
    Many TAF ARE blown out, and need new playfields and cabinets from being routed and moved so much.

#1751 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You too can own your very own SWTNG machine...
    dallas.craigslist.org link
    Just in time for Christmas - this Star Wars Next Generation Pinball Machine is in great condition.
    Operating Manual included.
    One of only 11,728 of these machines manufactured and distributed all over the world, this is truly an amazing machine.
    Serious purchasers only, please.

I did not realize that Star Wars starred Sir Patrick Stewart.

#1772 8 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

WOW! Some people. Do people like this think pinball collectors are that desperate for pins

There remains a guy on Portland CL that retains 10+ ads stating he will buy any pinball machine between $500-1500, so the answer is a resounding yes. PNW collectors are still counting the ads, pretty soon he is going to get shut down repeatedly for spam.

#1776 8 years ago
    Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

detroit.craigslist.org link
    Wow dude i can make out all the details with your stellar pic!

I think that might be dirt on the glass.

#1785 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone on the Boston CL has been posting a "pinball machines wanted" ad over and over again for weeks.
    Someone else just posted a response: boston.craigslist.org link

Re__Pinball_Machines_Wanted.jpg

I am going to post this on Portland CL in response to the same type of ads here.

#1793 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Here's a good one:
    The ad writes "1977 williams hoy tip pinball machine for sale was the very last solid state pinball machine williams,made only 4900 made, I'm good condition the painted back glass is,peeling I found,one on eBay for 275 no I haven't purchased it
    the pinball machine is a,rare find and you won't find this model anyware" [sic].
    philadelphia.craigslist.org link

The English proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure is terrible.
    "I'm good condition", is he the pinball machine?
    Even trying to "sell" he did not "buy" the machine, I am not sure why.
    The seller was able to look up information on IPDB though.
    Shows proof that the internet is melting people's minds.

#1809 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

But hey, how about that custom topper?

I really like good pinball toppers, but in this case all I think about is someone's mom calling, "Clean your ROOM!"

#1819 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Here are a couple. First up top card for three grand, what a deal. And eightball is nice but I didn't know it was the #2 pin of all time. Lol when I wrote him to say he is mistaken, I was told to look it up myself "mr know it all". What he is talking about is the third pic. Tried to explain but.... Lmao

It's called "social inbreeding", and its rampant. I guess people do not know what "ranked on a scale" means versus "position of popularity"

#1831 8 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

PayPal is excepted, one of a kind...Museum quality Addams Family pinball - $58650 (Denville) $100K by Christmas
    newjersey.craigslist.org link

Other than the fact this ad is a complete scam with no real photos, the tip off is simple.
    A person who does not know the difference (and spelling) between "excepted" and "accepted", is clearly an uneducated con artist with a poor understanding of the English language or a hillbilly.
    Anybody that would use PayPal for a $60k payment is an even bigger fool.

Either way, stupid people should not breed.

#1839 8 years ago

Unfortunately, right now that IS the going rate for a Tron LE.
    Not saying I agree, but that is very close to being accurate based on demand, since almost all were NIB/HUO purchases.
    New collectors, just flipping games to try to get some extra profit from their purchase or distributors which gobble up this title from owners and hold it for increase in market value.
    It still has all the "goodies" as well, as it should, including the certificate of authenticity which can be verified by Stern with the serial number.

It WILL sell.

#1849 8 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Lol you know Vince from Videogames 911? Guy is such a tool. Thanks, it was a lot of fun to make.

I actually just checked out the aforesaid TAF on 911s website.
    There are REAL photos of the machine on the website.
    Describes the machine as "mint" HUO.
    The inserts and inlanes have wear, and are clearly visible in the photos.
    The ramp lane is worse than the mansion though.
    There really is no actually good shots to be able to evaluate the machine as most are "close ups".
    I pointed this out on the business chat.
    Not cool as an old collector...

#1871 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

cleveland.craigslist.org link

Nothing like a dirty game with extra personal customized graffiti beyond the serial number to spice up the Christmas season.
    The graffiti must have given the price edge.
    I wonder what the big "F" stands for on the game?

#1875 8 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

A 10K+ Stern?
    Stikes me as a bit wacky

I agree it may be wacky, but that is pinball life.
    I watch the market.

Let me know if you find a $6.5K Tron LE (even used) on the market. Original retail was $8K, and they sold out in the first week! Post your results here, if you find one.
    It is never going to happen. The best people could hope for VE now, which is UNLIKELY due to Disney shennagins.

This is one version of a game that will continue to rise in price over the next couple of years.
    Even Tron PROs are harder to come by these days.

Brokers are flipping them fast.
    NIB (they still exist) are squatting at $11.5K.

The same thing is happening with several other Stern titles, and I am not talking about IJ or POTC either.

#1885 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

southjersey.craigslist.org link
    "Looking to buy a pinball machine. SS or DMD. Not interested in EM games. Have 700 cash in hand and can pick it up asap. Interested in almost all titles. Specifically looking for games like Teed off, escape from lost world, special forces, streetfighter2, Pool Sharks, Bone Busters, wipeout, blackwater100, High Speed, pinbot, Motordome ect. Let me know what you have."
    Come on....he has cash on hand!!!!!!!! Doesn't anybody want to get rid of their cherry, fully-working Teed off, Escape, Streetfighter, Wipeout, or any other pin he wants for a whopping 700 smackeroos??? If anybody does plan on responding to this guy, I may throw up an ad saying that I'll up that ante and give $750 for any of those titles.
    He must be an experienced collector. I emailed him just to try to help and tell him he won't find a working DMD title that he listed for $700, at least not in good condition. His response was "I have sen those games really nice and fuolly working for less then 700 before." (his spelling in last statement, not mine...but I wanted to be accurate with quoting him). I even offered him a Meteor semi-project for $450 trying to be nice (nice PF and perfect BG), and he said that game isn't worth more than $150!!! I tried explaining what backglasses alone were worth, but I gave up. He seemed utterly hopeless.
    So many people on Craigslist...for their lack of grammar and a variety of other reasons, are a piece of work. So much for trying to help.

Craigslist is always a crapshoot.
    Usually more "crap" than "shoot".
    Actually come to think of it, it is more a "crackshoot" (in a bad pun way).

In the past, people have tried to lowball after arrival, tried to coax me into a selling another one of my machines (especially ones that are worth 3-4X the one I am selling for the same price), offer me other things in trade (other machines, motorcycles, golf carts, PlayStations, jewelry, watches, stolen goods, free cleaning services, car waxes for life, etc, you get the picture here), ask to pay me later (what?), ask to pay me in "installments" (double what?), ask to pay me via personal check (triple what?), want me to set up the machine for free for them in their homes, want me to carry the machines up stairs since I have the equipment, among all sorts of other tactics in the past. Its completely insane what people will do. They will try ANYTHING.

In all those cases, I told them to "get the $#%@ out" (sometimes nicely, sometimes not, dependent on what was said, their attitude, and what was observed), I have a security system installed, I carry firearms, am retired military, and I practice shooting on a regular basis.

If you cannot pay for the novelty toy, do not try to buy it. (See photo below).
    Craigslist is not an auction house, estate sale, or "gangsta house".

When I buy, I NEVER make fun of a seller, but do a thorough technical inspection.
    I ALWAYS require a bill of sale (BoS) (hand written) with signatures, I do not care who they are, friend or not.

If they are "in error" in their description of the machine, I tell them (nicely).
    Every minor but significant omission, subtracts $100 from the price.
    Every repair subtracts $100 from price.
    Major features broken (especially things like welding ramps), missing critical hard to find boards, or are irreplaceable parts, I walk and I tell them WHY.
    If the game is a parts machine that is different.
    If the game is a project machine that is different.
    Hard buyer?
    Not at all.
    Just be truthful.

There are plenty of sellers who actually will have "seller's remorse" (yes, this does exist) and try the buy the machine back for more, equal, or less value, or even "threaten you".
    Some even says things like "small claims court".
    A written BoS solves that problem, as they have no leg to stand on.
    Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good people, but the balanced is tipped in the other direction now from 20 years ago.
    Its a "millennial" age.

In fact, I greatly prefer to assist first time buyers NOT get "bamboozled", by being present for the sale.
    I welcome the opportunity when asked, and say nothing, until the period of inspection, if the buyer wants to make the sale.

These days, I sell to collectors, if at all.
    "Cash and Carry" only, and you bring the truck...
    This goes for back glasses as well, which can be tricky as well.
    Its not worth the time and aggravation in most cases.
    These days, I actively "block" ads that are WTB pinball machines (non-specific) with stolen photos, generic requests, etc designed to entice people to "click on them".

We have a guy right now on Portland CL, who on average has between 5-10 BS ads per day clogging up the system who is trying to buy cheap to "flip games", and I want to personally "chat" with him.

TPJvRDM_(resized).pngTPJvRDM_(resized).png

#1886 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

This is...erm...different Indian Slot Machine

I actually owned an Cowboy version of one for a long time.
    Originals are quite collectible, are getting rare, especially dependent on which slot machine was used to install in their chest.

#1888 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

This has been listed over and over again for months. There are currently multiple listings for it on the same CL area page. It seems like I see it every 3-4 days. The price has remained the whole time.

#1 Maybe the owner thinks listing the machine 4X will increase the possibility of sales? (which obviously has not worked)
    #2 Maybe the owner never received an email with an actual name and phone number, or never reads his email anyway, as there is no other means of communication possible?
    #3 Maybe this machine is a ruse to try and sell the machine for more money that it is worth?
    #4 Maybe this is not even the actual machine for sale?
    #5 Maybe this machine is not even owned by the seller.
    #6 Maybe this seller does not know how to use his CL account?

Further possibilities:

#7 Maybe the owner has four machines in different universe dimensions, and he only has access at specific times when the stars line up?
    #8 Maybe the machine has a built in replicator inside the cabinet?
    #9 Maybe the owner has been "entranced" by the spiral in the center of playfield and cannot look away?

#10 Or just maybe the owner is in a "Space Time" warp of his own, and is just a _______? (Insert your word of choice)

My bets are on 3-6 (combined) and 10.

BTW, I always enjoyed that game for its simplicity.

#1890 8 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

When I had my Xenon listed on craigslist this guy wanted to trade this for my game. Said he wanted $1000 for value of this and would throw in $200. Called me several times telling me how rare and how valuable this game was. Well my Xenon sold for asking price and he's still trying to get his. Says a little about what value really is.

Yes, it happens frequently...

maxresdefault_(resized).jpgmaxresdefault_(resized).jpg

#1892 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

How can it be minor and significant at the same time?
    If I honestly missed something in a description as a seller, then I make the choice if something needs to be adjusted. Pull your $100 crap and I will show you the door.
    Maybe in your chat you could talk to him about $100?

Straightforward answer, regarding the offsets of "minor but significant", although this may seem in contradiction.

Some parts of pinball machines are criticaI to operation, some are not, you know that. TIger claw scratches on a cabinet is "minor but significant". Repairable of course. So is fading to a degree, dependent on the type of cabinet. A seller stating "superb cabinet" with these errors is an "omission", and could be a deal breaker.

I would give said mentioned CL buyer a free project machine (and offered to do so) but said Portland CL ad poster is not looking for what he is "stating", it is deception. It came in the email response. I prefer not to give free money to "flippers".

No problem, if you are unhappy, you never can please everyone.

#1897 8 years ago
    Quoted from blazerchad:

I recently picked up a Gottlieb Amazing Spider Man on CL. It was about an Hour and a Half away from my home. Price started at 800 (I had no intention of paying that) I decided before driving to look ask for more detailed images, BG was ok, PF looked ok, it took two days of emailing and texting to teach the seller enough to open the coin door and backbox. After I helped with getting the game opened via text the seller said "maybe I should charge $1000. Of course I said no way for a non-working game of that era. Finally I drive down and look maybe to offer 400. PF has crazing and paint cracking in all the blacks, a transformer on the power supply is gone! The cabinet was covered with a thick yellow substance like smoke damage, but I think it was a bad attempt at clear coat. I wanted to walk away but I already had 40 bucks in gas spent! CL is very difficult. Even HUO can be really messed up! I spent $200 and still feel it was $50-100 to much. HUO beware! Previous owner hacks.

Keep and seal the backglass, frame it, dump the rest. Remember the memory.

#1904 8 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Hi Guys,
    I talked to this fella as he is not far from me. I advised that he might be asking a bit too much for the game and after he did some research, he found that was an accurate statement. He said that this was his fathers machine and that his dad paid $500 for it and would take no less than $1000. Told him that still may be a bit high given the condition of the machine. He said his dad advised that if he cannot double his money he will just keep it. Oh well, I tried.
    George...

I have seen games waste away in barns, storage warehouses, and containers by "hoarders" who refuse to part with a game because it is "worth more money". By the time it actually is available for sale, the owner is normally dead, and the machine has turned to ash.
    Loss for pinball history. I sense this will occur in this case.

#1907 8 years ago

A reckoning in the PDX pinball community is coming...finally...
    It has been a "pinball plague" for the last 2 months.
    Reality is not personal prejudice.

#1915 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

What is with the last pic? LOL. This guy totally looks like Ben, the leader of The Others on Lost.

There is a personal CL "war" going on in PDX right now.
    It's "!$@clowns versus jack wagons".
    It keeps clogging up real ads.
    I cannot possibly go into the history here.
    All I can say is the PNW is full of hippy chronic weirdos which sometimes tip the balance.

#1916 8 years ago

PDX CL stupidity continues.
    It's a "Heavy Metal Meltdown" of insanity.
    "Give me your money" (BK2K) is very appropriate for this ad.

#1919 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Sheesh, I thought people in portland were friendlier than that. Looks like this is the business in question:
    http://www.portlandpinballrepair.com

This is NOT the same person.
    The person in the ads is USING various collectors names to attempt to gain credibility.
    This keeps getting uglier.
    Police are supposedly investigating, but I have no personal knowledge myself, or what they actually could even do.
    False identity maybe I suppose, as a misdemeanor.
    However, this IS why many collectors have left CL altogether in the area, or use it as a "last resort".
    They do not want the same thing happening to them.

#1923 8 years ago

I am not sadistic, but that is funny.
    It could be an ad with photos for a lot worse things.

https://ospois.wordpress.com/2008/11/13/all-u-want-to-know-about-the-fat-hairy-gun-loving-guitar-hero/

This is just haunting every little kid's dreams...
    (This supposedly was a joke)

#1926 8 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Was this ad for a Heavy Metal Meltdown? The ad has been flagged for removal

It was not for "anything". It was a jack wagon word war about chromos. People are flagging these ads as quick as we can now.

1 week later
    #1980 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

"CASH ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS."
    What if i only brought goldbars?

It is sort of like online dating sites which specify relationships as "strictly monogamous".
    If you are not monogamous, what exactly does "strictly" mean?
    Nothing.

The best sale term for all CL ads is simply "CASH AND CARRY", if you want your life to be easier.
    You would be amazed at how many people do not understand what these three words mean.
    But, it pushes at least 1/3 of all Christmas fruitcakes out the door.

#2008 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

What's reasonable for some is not for others.

Some prices are unreasonable at any level, unless the games are being shipped from the moon.

#2018 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

I know medieval madness is rare and expensive but with the remakes out did the price jump up 3-4000?

image_(resized).png

If an original MM is a true collectors example, it will command $12k or more.
    That is life now, new collectors drove the market to the moon, due to ignorance.
    Brokers and resellers compensated prices to cash in just like what happened in 1999-2002 when it really took off.
    Reality is a $7k increase in 16 years starting from NIB for a "hot title" is not anywhere near as bad a other collectibles with "moving parts".
    Some hit the roof in less than 10 years.

#2034 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

$2400 1990 Riverboat
    chicago.craigslist.org link

Not unreasonable if in superb condition. This particular machine has a number of hard to find game specific parts including the plastic ramps, and some of the "toys". Low production reduces the percentage to find one in this type of condition.

#2036 8 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

If you can find a diamond plated one it is even rarer. Even those aren't guaranteed to be nice. I have a dp riverboat gambler but all of the inserts have peeled off. Not worn off but I guess the paint didn't stick.

Good point.
    Estimated around 500 were DP.
    There is one sitting in Seattle right now that was NIB/HUO. Still listed at a little over $2700. No space for the machine, and not really my niche. Likes the main theme and interaction though.

#2040 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Amazingly overpriced lol

It is "Spiderman Fever" right now due to "Stern Shenanigans". The seller was smarter than most. The game will likely sell quickly.

#2054 8 years ago

If this machine is real, no reason to flag it, regardless of an outrageous price or condition.

"Fake wanted" lure ads with stolen photos of "Top 10" machines are a completely different story. They were rampant in Portland recently, until the individual was finally shut down by law enforcement after the individual was identified, and "visited" by the police based on multiple complaints by collectors in the area.

#2072 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Dan, the first question I would ask to you is what level of electronics knowledge and experience do you have? A lot of the pinball resources/repair sites assume you have a least a basic working knowledge of electronics (i.e. you know what the components are, have some idea of the terminology, know how to take measurements etc.) if you don't know some basic electronics, I'd recommend you get some education about that first. Online sources are o.k. but a professional course such as a vocational school would be better than muddling through learning the vast world of electronics on your own.

"Randy Fromm's School of Arcade Electronics and Repair".
    The best novice school to teach the uninitiated.
    I have no idea if he holds personal classes anymore.
    This was not an "online" education program, as the internet did not exist in its present form!
    I graduated in 1992...

Books and series are still available though, outside of things like Clay's guides.
    Check it out.

#2104 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Bally Fireball $1500
    Umm it's a home version
    tucson.craigslist.org link

At least the owner says its a home version.
    9 out 10 times, owners say "Fireball" and hope people come running with cash.
    Especially when no photos are listed.

The game looks to be in SUPERB+ collector quality condition.
    Somebody just posted "HUO 50 year old machines rarely exist".
    I stated this is more common than people realize, so this is a good example.
    Getting close...

#2128 8 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

Nice monster bash.
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Anybody that actually takes photos of the circuit boards (granted they are small), and the photos are legitimate generally means the owner has at least some idea of the interest of pinball collectors.
    I give a small amount of credence here, as the machine does like to be in good shape.
    Notice, I said "good" shape, not "excellent or superb" shape, because the drac hole and inserts are a little off.
    A little high in my opinion, but what "Top 10" machine is not on CL?

#2164 8 years ago

The one thing this posting and additional threads does very well is kill overpriced and ridiculous ads.
    Not always 100% effective, but enough to make a difference.
    Mission accomplished.

#2198 8 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I also love the CL ads where the seller has an attitude. Something like this....
    "Don't even think about contacting me if you offer less than $500!! I also will not take checks so don't even bother if that's what you have!"
    Is it so hard to type this?
    "$500 firm. Cash only."

Simpler answer, yes.
    Mostly because buyers do not actually read anything NOT IN BIG LETTERS without lots of !!!!

Additionally, the world is full of people that should not breed anyway.
    Look at PinSide.

#2230 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Some guy on craigslist wants $10,500 for an MMR with washed out inserts.
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Four parts:

1) "I am broke and I know I will need the money fast, because I should not have bought the machine in the first place, and realize my mistake way too late".

2) "As a new collector, I believe that any game should automatically be worth more than I originally bought it even though I took it out of the box and played the crap out of it and it is not an original WMS machine."

"It's collectible (reproduction)."
    So is a petified dinosaur turd, folks, but pay whatever you think it is worth.

3) "I am sure nobody will check to see that game can still be ordered NIB, if patient, even though PinSide says people always do significant research on the internet first..."

4)"I know the price is high, because I felt the need to mention price police in my ad, but am too stupid to realize that people will recognize this when reading my description."

#2232 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

5) "I'm selling this one so I can upgrade to the $13,000 one with readable inserts and without slinshot damage"

To quote an old posting.
    "MMRs are better than the original."
    This has too be correct, right?
    I mean new collectors say it is true, so it must completely be accurate.

"I'm a believer, I have been reborn"!

#2235 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Aren't they?

"I will keep my original."
    To each their own.

#2240 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

What the heck!!!?!?

"Pimp my ride".
    Lettering non-special order from Michaels.
    Homey graffiti paint job included at no extra cost.

#2258 8 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

indianapolis.craigslist.org link
    Roto Pool

"Always keep flammable substances underneath your pinball machines as it helps protect them"

#2263 8 years ago
    Quoted from WonkoTSane:

Not a pinball machine but priced like one!
    Those should go for about $500 at most.

Looks like it might be my old machine I sold back in 2005.
    Replaced the guns on my machine, rebuilt the monitor, along with decal work.
    The platform decal does not look right though, as mine was not faded.

#2265 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

How come I get a 404 error? Has the ad been removed?

Yep, some ad shenanigans get removed by the owners.
    Sometimes out of embarrassment or sometimes some schmuck bought the turds.

#2267 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

Do you think the owners read the posts here and then remove them or are they flagged?

Some actually do, I have seen that with ads posted here, RGP, and other FS websites over the years.

Sometimes however it based on emails that are generated from traffic on this site and others.

Others are based on flagging as you mentioned.

I do not advocate nasty, retortive, or corrective messages, but occasionally even I will point out to sellers of they are using stolen images, CAD drawings, or other misrepresentations to protect buyers.

This problem has always existed since the early days of the internet. It really no worse than the early 1990s.

I have even seen sellers use photos of my own machines I have sold in the past!
    (which are not the machines for sale)

Knowledge is power.

#2281 8 years ago

Ebay definition as applied to pinball sales:

"The standard for pinball pricing due to no established market baseline for cost appraisels regarding condition, rarity, or functionality"

#2292 8 years ago
    Quoted from Archytas:

What the hell is this "Home use only since XXXX date" rubbish I keep seeing? It's like saying "Selling my car, always parked in a secure garage for the past 15 years I've owned it but before then for all you know it was left in a ditch every night." It's such a non-statement.

The nomenclature was "coined" heavily in the late 1990s when it was recognized that there was a significant untapped market for used machines. The lack of internet previously made selling machines difficult as newspaper, word of mouth, or antique stores were a primary source, outside of direct operator. It has been abused ever since. It really spiked in the early 2000s.

It is far from being new.

2 weeks later
    #2406 8 years ago

I have a "still in box" ORIGINAL 1997 Pro Pinball - TimeShock! in "collector quality condition" with full color Empire Interactive oversize UNFADED box, NON-SCRATCHED CD ROM (with Dolby Digital Red Book Audio), COMPLETE table manual with set up instructions, COMPLETE technical manual with all feature and diagnostic functions, and product registration card ready to be redeemed for a full warranty.

The "wave of the future" is upon us again.

"Absolutely certain to appraise in a major increase of value after Silver Castle Pinball releases their real pinball machine - TimeShock!"
    (in 3-5 years)
    "Its just like platinum and gold for investors!"
    (except better)
    "Act now, this deal will be GOING, GOING, GONE!"
    (There has to be a pinhead somewhere that will open their wallet for me)

$20K Ebay, baby, here I come...
    CHA-CHING!

TimeShock_Original_Box_(resized).jpgTimeShock_Original_Box_(resized).jpg

#2413 8 years ago

I like the Slugfest button panel, topper, and unbroken bleacher plastic, as they all look to be in good shape. I cannot speak for the game, cabinet, ramp, motor assembly, or the bad high voltage issues on the display. If the cost was about $500-600 CAD less it might be a good deal, dependent on the rest of the game outside the DMD.

Technically it is a Pitch N Bat, but it classifies as a pinball machine by many operators and historians in terms of design, circuit boats, and operation just like WMS Hot Shot Basketball.
    Slugfest actually had three production runs, although the last was very short. There are even a few still floating around NIB.

1 week later
    #2448 8 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

This guy is still at it. Selling other peoples machines he does not own for rediculous prices. Vintage Original 1983 Firepower Ii Pinball Machine Williams Arcade Man Cave

Given a bit of time, the local collector community will accomplish shutting him down and blacklist him to protect buyers. The word is already been circulated, and there methods to eliminate the problem legitimately, as legally it is difficult to prove what is occurring. I do not use names on PinSide.

1 week later
    #2481 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Don't you just love these A$$ Hats who join Pinside just to sell a game. If he spent a little time actually reading the forum, he may not look like such a tool.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/31774

I don't see anything wrong with this market ad, or the seller.
    How is a person that does not read the forum a tool?
    Thousands lurk, but NEVER post, due to PinSide shenanigans drama.
    Many of the most experienced members in the pinball hobby, rarely post for this exact reason.
    If they do, post number in many cases is very low.

Ad wording is specific, photos are detailed, large, and clear, and price is negotiable as stated, which is more than I can say for most half arsed ads on Ebay, CL, PinSide, and every other sale, broker, or consignment website on the internet.
    Backglass looks good, cabinet is average, playfield is well above average for age, plastics excellent.
    If it legitimate (and truthful) it will probably sell, at whatever price.
    Exactly how many games do you have anyway that look like this after 40 years?
    Maybe all of your EMs, maybe none.

It does not make a new member who posts once an "a$$ hat", especially if they are very direct upfront for a market.
    The machine is still available for sale in some manner, or would you rather it be on Ebay or PinSide as an Ebay announcement?

3 weeks later
    #2546 8 years ago

The actual bingo machine is the LAST photo, but the ad context combined with the photo was still quite funny.
    "before flippers" really gave me a laugh.
    Everything imaginable beforehand including anvils, wigs, lazy boys, cuckoo clocks, and couches.
    This was not meant as an April Fool's joke, just the seller reused everything from other ads.

Untitled-1_(resized).jpgUntitled-1_(resized).jpg

#2554 8 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Up untill 2013 Centar sold for around $1500. And that's Ebay prices. And now it demands a value of 4k? I don't get it. Why would anyone pay that much for a pinball machine that looks like it belongs in Judas Priest's closet? lol God awfull ugly.

A little history, roll the clock back just a little further...

Trendiness and creation of replacement PCBs.
    Same thing happened with other machines like Fathom in the early 2000s.
    Most Early Ballys prior to creation of Alltek and other parts commanded prices well below $1000, around $300-500.
    People were "lost souls" due to battery damage, transistor replacements, or power supply failure.

How many collectors have played Centaur and listened to the reverb board (which most did not work or were missing, unless rebuilt or replaced with the new upgraded board)?
    How many collectors have achieved multiball on this game or scored the full "Queen's Chamber"?
    It has some unique features, and is quite a tough game overall.
    It has hovered around the sub 2 grand level for really nice ones ever since.
    Art is subjective, but time is the overall evaluator just like Van Gogh, Michelangelo, or Da Vinci.
    The backglass, plastics, and playfield have not been reproduced for an unknown reason.

The resurgence happened after the collector price spike of WMS closure, and people went looking for cheaper machines as the late model SS became unaffordable too many.
    They also discovered these games did not "suck".
    The same thing is happening again, just like every other "revival" over the past 50 years.

Once people realized you could fix them and CJH released his guides, things started to really get "stuck on stupid".

Fully restored EBDs have sold for as high as $8k with NOS PF, and restenciled cabinets.
    Really nice examples are easily in the $4k range, and this goes with some of the other fundamental Classic Bally machines as well.
    Most brokers and dealers will not touch these era of games now, like EMs because they do not know how to properly fix them, and they cannot make the profit margins of later model games.

No one has too agree but the latest CPR listed run of EBD PFs closed in 6 hours, faster than the sold out status of GBLE.
    Quite impressive, considering the playfields will not be available for nearly a year, in comparison to release of GB.
    Patience is a virtue for some.

There is a detailed answer.

#2556 8 years ago

Seller smoking his own crack on Ebay.

It does not matter how nice the game is or its "rarity", Spirit is not at this level yet.
    He is around $8k high, if everything is "perfect".
    If he included his motorcycle, it might be adequate.
    Cabinet looks shiny though, it was a repaint.

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Spirit Pinball Machine

#2558 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Read a little deeper, the cabinet is decals

I did not really feel like completing the full reading after baseline $14k, so yes I did not catch that addendum.
    Decals are not helping the seller in this case, nor is the touched up backglass, but at least the seller is honest.
    The scales don't quite balance out yet.

#2565 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zarklin:

Right with ya there! I picked the wrong time to get into this hobby

If hobbyists avoid "instant gratification", they will acquire what is "holy grailed".
    I heard this exact statement in 1990, 1999, 2002, and 2005.
    Those were just a few milestone periods based on different sets of industry circumstances.
    There are plenty of good prospects, if a collector is patient.

If collectors only want NIB games, well, options are going to be limited.
    I cannot do anything about those circumstances.

#2566 8 years ago

My guess is PPS to whom he does not know anyway.

The guy remains an Ebay troll who keeps smoking too much of his own chronic.
    Others have tried the same tactics over the years to generate interest, but they end up making an a$$ of themselves and eventually disappear plying their trade in other collectibles.
    We have a Ebay person similar in my region right now, we are trying to "run out of town" before he shanks anymore unknowing new collectors.
    We keep shutting down his auctions due to outright conditions of fraud as he is misrepresenting things he does not own.
    Prices are not this ridiculous however.

#2569 8 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I was thinking that he was referring to Rick from the Pawn Stars show

Yes, you are absolutely right.
    I hope the seller does not decide to get into the paint sniffing again.
    His prices go up and down like a rollercoaster.

#2573 8 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

This guy is 10 minutes from me. Would love to go see the machine and see what he says in person.

Let us know what the game really looks like. Please take photos (you do have to ask permission though). If he does not own the machine, we can finally shut this down and end the controversy.
    I have actually spooked people with a camera in the past, and it is useful on deterrence of scammers and thieves. Technical inspection in site is another good added method, when you ask for the coin door key, and immediately proceed to remove the lockbar and PF glass without hesitation or thought.

1 week later
    #2582 7 years ago
    Quoted from rockeeraccoon:

Who Dunnit - $4,000

"Probably the best pinball i have ever owned and played".
    "Rare pinball and the price keeps going up. Ebay around 5k for these pinballs."
    So why sell it? Is not this machine an "investment"?
    (I am a "pinball zipperhead" hear me roar)

#2594 7 years ago
    Quoted from Svendtube:

orlando.craigslist.org link
    no lowballers

I am saving this photo and caption and uploading it elsewhere.
    Funny fake ad though, with two flippers and a ball glued to the old cow manure playfield.

#2609 7 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

westky.craigslist.org link
    "DO NOT PHONE TEXT ME" !!!!! It will be deleted immediately not even read ! Of course 1 0r 2 of you fkn retards will do it anyway !

"We live in a modern world".
    People text for work, business, and sales.
    Why the hell allow your phone number to be included in the ad anyway if you do not want it to be in first place? People have CL options, but I guess some people have refused to learn to read (or spell). Failure of the USA education system in example.

#2611 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I prefer email for ads. That way I can respond to them on my own terms and arrange a call/meeting time, rather than be interrupted at all hours of the day and night.

I don't disagree at all, if that is a preference, it has less interruptions and helps weed out "tire kickers".
    Pricing levels is not an effective method, as that brings in more scammers if the asking price is high.

However, email is still an EXCLUSIVE option for contact on CL.
    All they have to do is allow only the anonymous email system, and not allow random phone calls.
    Problem solved.

If an owner wants a "fast sale" the other method works better, but is going to require sorting through some issues.

#2620 7 years ago

If he's selling them as a lot why the Hell does he have individual prices?!? And 2800 for Close Encounters? For that price it better be an EM (and still priced lower).

Pin zipperheads don't think when they write. He has already sold machines out of his "lot" sale, and "broke his own rules". I seriously doubt many of these machines are full restorations or "mint". It sometimes comes down to moronic sales pitches.

#2623 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

TOTAL LIST PRICE $78,125 Now who has that kind of cash?

You would be surprised right now.
    New collectors drop over $90k in less than 6-12 months. Of course, they then sell it all less than 2 years later.

1 week later
    #2640 7 years ago

FUNHOUSE PINBALL MACHINE. MUST SEE! TOP 10 ALL TIME LIST!!! - $4995
    http://tinyurl.com/zg3e4jp
    Average example, various wear, faded cabinet.

Quote: "I have seen these machines sell for $5000-$11,000. Most of them for about $6500."
    No, this is propagated fairy tale by new collectors, and not reality.
    This is another example of artificial inflation that is hurting the secondary market.
    Non-informed sellers reading to many nonsense articles and Ebay.

I want to see the $11k Funhouse, it better be a high end restoration with a NOS playfield or the game is NIB.

#2647 7 years ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

More rubber dinosaur!!!
    milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Another example of modding gone completely wrong.
    Dinosaurs protruding from every pinball orifice.
    "RAHHRRRR!"

"Serious inquiries only!".

"Pinball Mod Hall of Fame" inductee today, congratulations lucky owner, you have made pinball history with your toy chest.

#2649 7 years ago
    Quoted from tominator:

Me too!
    Just paid 3k CAN$ for an EBD with decals on the cabinet...had to have it though, so not complaining...love the game!
    oh and btw... first post on PinSide!

There is no "right time" in this hobby.
    If you wait around 5 years the market at the current rate will stall again, and prices will drop mostly due to the overabundance of modded games that nobody wants or can afford and manufacturers that price test until buyers choke.
    However, it will not make the hobby more affordable overall in the long run, as "classics" will continue to rise.
    If a person wants "good games", they are out there at acceptable prices, a collector justs has to put on their "big game hunter" hat, and be willing to learn and how to fix games.
    You can still buy hundreds of early SS and EMs for less than $500.
    HUNDREDS.

#2660 7 years ago

GBLE pre-order RESALE.

"I am smoke, and my name is high."

Guaranteed somebody is going to buy the game, albeit as long as they are willing to wait, this is not a scam, probably around the $10-11k mark, due to current hype.

Market insanity continues, no one should complain about future game purchases, if this practice is supported.

#2667 7 years ago

Ebay instead of CL this time, I realize, but I just have to share for "pinball collector education".

"Marvel Comics Trifecta"
    http://tinyurl.com/jctgmmb

Two out of three are "NEW OUT OF THE BOX", which could mean virtually anything, home use, routed, display models, etc.
    BTW, this term is newest addition to pinball sales vernacular, which is irritating the $@!# out of me now, badly.

The last machine is in "excellent condition", but repaired (which also could mean anything).
    "All original" does not man jack $#!@, and jack left the building.

$19,995 ---> $6665.00 each + shipping (not included) for the three machines.
    NIB cost for used pro edition (or equivalent in the case of SM) machines, but please correct me if wrong, as three out of four photos are stock images for evaluation, and are completely useless.

Don't be "stuck on stupid" new collectors, keep your wallets in your pants.
    Just don't do it.
    Give dealers like this the middle finger, and don't let the market to continue to artificially inflate.

"Friends don't let friends buy overpriced pinball machines."

#2672 7 years ago

One of the best parts about pinball is you don't have to feed them, clean up after them, and you can always turn them off whenever you want. Same things goes for exotic birds like Mountain Macaws.
    I wonder how the $#@! you get the diapers on the kangaroo?

#2681 7 years ago
    Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

ebay.com link » Las Vegas Pinball Machine
    Only $555 for a Mattel Las Vegas!
    best part about it:
    "Selling my good old Mattel Las Vegas pinball machine. Its working fine except:
    - not counting points
    - no sound"
    You Sir, have a much different definition of "fine" than I do.

At least the owner is honest, even if it is oversightive of the obvious. I never have cared for the word "fine", because generally it means it's not, unless we are talking about Cabernet, Merlot, or Pinot.

#2684 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

What a joke! Over 6k for a crummy Stern Indiana Jones table. I hate it when un-knowledgeable pinball sellers look at Ebay to gage their price.
    No tattoos deals?
    sandiego.craigslist.org link
    Stern Indiana Jones Pinball Machine - Mint Condition - Rare
    Indiana Jones pinball by Stern Pinball combines musical selections from the first 3 movies and ties them together with an original theme for the pinball game; most sound effects in the game were taken from or based on actual movie sound effects.
    Similar one being sold on eBay for $6,500.
    ebay.com link
    $6,250 Cash only. OBO
    No Paypal or tattoos deals.
    Local meet only, No shipping.
    show contact info Call or text for more info

Dealer/broker/distributor prices versus privates sales are two animals of completely different colored stripes.
    Ebay is the worst of the sources.
    Quality condition is not necessarily improved, but there is expectation between each.
    I recently inquired about another "mint" game on CL, so I will see what happens.
    I am not busting chops or low ball, just keeping things in check, with intent to buy.
    Unfortunately, most do not know the difference, and for all the attempts to allow people to understand that it is not about "price police", it is just about quality to value.

New wave of pinball deals, tattoo offers, $#!@ I am getting old.
    I thought it was just everything else, like motorcycles, cars, home appliances, and even pets...

#2694 7 years ago

That ok, another seller just posted an old high end MM restoration that was advertised for $23k to try and pump up personal sales of his current machines.

It did not sell for that amount either even with its NOS clearcoated playfield swap out.

#2699 7 years ago

"Crazy Balls" on Etsy.
    Homemade pinball machine made out of teak and recycled garbage.
    "Electricity is unecessary for pinball".

Only $3600.

"Prepare to be disappointed and underwhelmed".

I made this same type of machine when I was ten in my father's woodshop. I used pine though instead of expensive hardwood.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/255392645/handmade-wooden-pinball-table?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pinball&ref=sr_gallery_19

#2709 7 years ago

I am still waiting for the owner of the PNW Funhouse to respond to my request where the last Funhouse was sold at $11k based on his experience.

I must have missed a high end restoration with a NOS clearcoat PF swap, or a warehouse NIB raid in the last decade somewhere during my collector lifetime. The highest I have ever seen sold to date publicly was $9500, and that was basically "brand new everything" including new decals, playfield, plastics, ramps, and parts. It was a REALLY nice game.
    Privately, I actually saw one push past $10k, but that was a complete fluke during an even "crazier" period, and another high end personal restoration.

$5k for a Funhouse with cabinet fading, playfield wear, broken plastics, and cracked ramps is a more than stretch.
    The number of Funhouses that "regularly" sell for $6500 is ZERO.

I guess this post constitutes wearing my hat, today.

e8051d8574d8eed5d1f0f0f4e54a1950_(resized).jpge8051d8574d8eed5d1f0f0f4e54a1950_(resized).jpg

#2715 7 years ago

"FEEL the POWER"...of the crowbar.
    Nice.
    I did not realize people stopped owning power drills these days.
    "Hey man, this backbox won't seem to fold down, can you help me?"
    "No problem, got it covered."
    (Insert Hee Haw song)

YES. WINNER!

#2742 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

From the conversation the previous evening, he seemed knowledgable, so I figured we could cut through the BS and he could give me a run down on the game prior to making a 2 hour round trip. He sketched me out, after saying he would send pics twice and never doing it, then after I told him I wasn't interested anymore, he hit me up this morning $200 less than the night before. Maybe not a laugh, but seems a bit scammy to me.

It is called "sales phishing" get used to it.
    Many times the seller has no intention of selling the machine (if even owned), and is price testing.
    CL has turned into a pinball auction house now.

The good news is once collectors/sellers know who you are, the BS subsides.
    If buyers are not satisfied, I recommend going to trusted secondary market dealers.
    I can recommended quite a few.
    Stay in the hobby long enough, and all you have to say is "I am looking for...X" and dealers will tell you if he has the condition machine you are looking for without hesitancy AND give you the photos you request.

#2743 7 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Problem with the 20 questions/million photograph types is that no matter how many pictures/videos/vouches from others who have played your machine they will still show up and break out the magnifying glass and try to find one imperfection that wasn't identified and then act as if you were trying to deceive them or shake them down for an extra $100. Sheesh, just move along and I'm sure you'll find that CQ example at a bargain price and be the first to respond when it's listed. Amazing that their collection usually ends up being beaters and parts machines.

This is not true.

If a seller provides good quality photos at the beginning, there are very few questions.

The problems arise when owners think it is a good idea to take photos with the glass on with massive glare, books and papers stacked all over the top of game, or "Tourette syndrome" camera shots.
    If a seller will not let a buyer do a technical inspection, on site, WALK AWAY.
    What most sellers these days take offense about is when you try and professionally and kindly tell them that installing $2000-3000 of mods does not make the game worth more, or false perceptions of value based on Ebay, CL, RGP, WPC Forums, or PinSide.
    Most collectors (not player owners) want mod crap off the game.

Here are examples of actual CL sales and auction photos:

304749_10150410197491617_1218192351_n_(resized).jpg304749_10150410197491617_1218192351_n_(resized).jpg
    383430_10151263899736617_908148138_n_(resized).jpg383430_10151263899736617_908148138_n_(resized).jpg
    317383_10150485017971617_1173056341_n_(resized).jpg317383_10150485017971617_1173056341_n_(resized).jpg
    481019_10151392796931617_320596285_n_(resized).jpg481019_10151392796931617_320596285_n_(resized).jpg
    10426320_10152503605751617_6566914527338064102_n_(resized).jpg10426320_10152503605751617_6566914527338064102_n_(resized).jpg
    13221763_10154191372996617_2851769661593935615_n_(resized).jpg13221763_10154191372996617_2851769661593935615_n_(resized).jpg

#2751 7 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

I think I may win a prize... I don't see this posted up here already (sorry if it has been).
    Folks, I submit for your review the **EXTREMELY RARE** Zizzle Pirates of The Caribbean:
    ebay.com link » Zizzle Pirates Of The Caribbean Pinball Arcade Game Extremely Rare
    Only $2,625 UDS along with a minor $583.27 shipping fee. This is a bargain because the same machine is selling for over $6000 at some other place.
    It is listed in my home town here, Knoxville, TN. Do I dare make an offer to this seller?

I think the seller has this kid toy crosswired with the actual Stern game.
    Either that or it he is pulling a, "I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, savvy?"
    I may send him a message.

Edit: I looked at the description. He is just a greedy new Ebay seller ftard waiting for another ftard buyer with a lower IQ to come along.
    There should be an intelligence test on Ebay before you can establish an account. This game sold new for $450 (high end), and he is referencing multiple commercial pinball machines websites in comparison.

This guy got the game for $40 (so he stated) in 2014.

#2767 7 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Not a bad price for a good DE Simpsons backglass but......"the machines are $6500 to $10,000"? Is this guy delusional??

It is no different than the PNW seller here stating that Funhouses regularly sell for "$6500-11000". (even when average, trashed, or faded)
    There is no analysis from the market that is simply asking prices of other non-informed sellers, or speculating brokers/dealers.
    These two people must be close friends or have the same doctor.

Part of the side effect of artificial price inflation being fed currently to the general public.
    Pretty rampant right now, starting spiking around 2010 after return from the last "pinball drought" in 2009.
    It is going to take a little while again before prices deflate for general stabilization based on the "feeding at the hog pen".
    Somewhere around 2-5 years, once NIB "basic" games hit the $10k ceiling from Stern, then the market will stall for secondary sales, but the local interest in playing will remain.
    Brokers/dealers/distributors are pushing games out as fast as they can, because the ones that survived the last drought "know the deal".
    Basically, the market inflates on these toys, holds relatively steady, and starts over once the economy finally catches up to the asking prices of sellers.
    The good news is during period of deflation, desperate sellers make good deals for collectors who stay with the hobby, you just have to beat out the brokers who are sharks in the pond during those same periods.
    There will not be a "glut" (this is not the 1980s), but what you will see is another emptying of garages when times get tighter, interest wanes, and many owners who spent $90k on machines in one year move on or cannot sell the games with $2-3k worth of mods as nobody wants to pay for the junk they added to their games. It is a little different than the 1990s, as "modding" was not a motivator of collectors so that did not impact the price.
    The key word is people have to stay in the hobby, and not bail, like farts in the wind.
    It happens all the time, as many keep enthusiasm for around 2-3 years before they either are over their head by acquiring too many project games that do not work, run out of money, or pursue other hobbies.
    Then you see major drops of money from old collectors scooping up all sorts of goodies, and then head back squirreling into their game rooms with these gems in tow.

Little known fact: The first recognizable "mod" on pinball machines other than changing light colors of incandescent bulbs with condoms and a few other various other pieces of artwork or prototype game features reinstalled (such as the "third magnet on TZ") was the "piano" on Twilight Zone from a McDonald's happy meal. Sellers now charge over $100 for a mold recreation of the same plastic toy that was free in 1998-99.

#2768 7 years ago

Hey, can you move over some so we can see the pinball?

I see Ray is still using his family and friends as pinball models.
    Don't forget to buy your "limited edition" poster, and watch the video on YouTube.
    You might get one free, if you buy one of the machines.
    NOTE: BTW, his GTB 1980 Roller Disco has been up for sale for around 18 months. Only $4800, models not included. I still remember his $15k ToM, which I am positive he sold for around $12k to somebody, and it was not HUO as stated. Some people say I am a little caustic, but some things he sells are not realistic, no matter his experience in the industry.

s-l1600_(resized).jpgs-l1600_(resized).jpg

#2777 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I heard they're hired but only to pose and that their day job is a lot less family friendly/legal, but I've just heard that and who knows if it's legit

"The models who appeared in these promotional videos and photographs continue on in less humiliating careers as a street $@#!@ and children's party clowns. Often combining the two as time permits."

Sorry, I just could not help myself tonight.
    Todd Tuckey is at least entertaining and been doing this MUCH longer (nearly 40 years), and a lot more professionally, although there have been a fair share of gripes as well, but mostly by other brokers mudslinging each other.
    TNT Amusements survived, most did not.
    I am not part of a personal "fan club" of any particular dealer or broker, but some things just are not right.
    The story above has more truth than people realize.

#2792 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballsmith:

You can bash GRC all you want, but don't bring Ray into the spotlight for the GRC marketing stuff. That's not his gig or ever has been.

Fair enough, GRC and Ray should be treated as separate entities, as I know this was not his primary goal.
    Keeping in mind that there is some blurring when you watch videos on YouTube and the tech topics, because it cannot be distinguished.
    It has become morphed in the last 10 years.

#2793 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Pawn Shop with inflated list price...
    detroit.craigslist.org link

That game was actually built much better than the "Zizzles" of the last 10 years, similar to the 1970s Bally home market mini machines.
    You could use it as a $200 coffee table if you cut off the legs...

#2805 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

This is coming home Sunday. I paid a finish carpenter to do the router work to set the glass in flush. It is a Stern Dracula 1979

"Bravo", it will look good anywhere.
    Hard to find playfield now in good condition, welcome to see it salvaged for any purpose.

#2811 7 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

I've been watching a lot of GNC videos the last few days and fully agree. Did Todd do something to piss them off, or do they just feel the need to rag on TNT at every opportunity? Promoting your business by bashing someone else's isn't going to win you any new customers. I enjoy Ray's tech tips and knowledge but the cameraman's endless bashing is tiresome. The constant "you guys suck" overdubs are tiresome. The dog shitting PIP videos are tiresome.

There were a few tidbits of dry humor from TNT Amusements a while back, but nothing anyone should take offense to overall.
    It is not like everything that is done is completely scripted.

#2825 7 years ago

This particular FT will easily sell for over $4000-4500 whether it is properly documented as HUO non-routed or not.
    It will also sell very fast, once it comes down around another $800-1000.
    This is a superb example of this machine in a world full of "crappy" ones. (pun intended)
    A below average condition one is less than $2000.
    An average one $2000-2500, if you are prudent.

That is just the market right now, as this "B title" is spiking.

#2828 7 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Anyone want an $8500 Addams?

This seller is a complete liar, or does not know meaning of words.
    Home use machines do not use tokens, and they never shipped this way from the factory, EVER.
    This game is not exclusive HUO, it was routed.
    It might have been in a house for a while in a basement.
    Playfield quality on the mansion inserts and ramps do not support the conjecture either based on visual photo inspection.
    Game was stored in a moisture related environment and metal parts under the playfield will reflect the same condition as seen on the leg bolts and spring steel ramps.
    Number of plays on the game look to be well over 40k minimum based on electric chair scoop wear, possibly more upwards of 60k.
    I have games that I purchased NIB the same age as this machine, and do not look like this machine.
    The cabinet did not have a lot of "shuffling", which is a good thing.

Estimated value, $4500-5000, based exclusively on market inflation right now, not its true value.
    Help educate new collectors folks, know what they are wanting to buy.
    Don't "Texas pump the oil".

#2830 7 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Uhm.. what?
    All of my arcade (two different arcades) machines, including pinballs, were ordered with .900 token mechs. Shipped from manufacturer like that.

In 1992 from Bally/Williams?
    That was not standard practice for the industry at the time.
    All were constituted with basic quarter mechanisms shipped NIB.
    Conversions were offered at additional cost, but it was highly uncommon unless under direct consignment purchase from the manufacturer in larger game quantities.
    Functionally, most operators used quarters unless the arcade was well over 50-100 machines, or had larger complex routes to prevent employee technician theft as much as on location theft.
    The cost did not justify the conversion in most cases.

Normally, the token mechanisms were purchased from separate parts suppliers or the distributor.
    The chances that this particular machine was shipped with token coin mechanism from the factory is very small at best as a "leftover".

Additionally, the decal added to the coin door was also not standard industry Bally/Williams issue for the period.
    This just is not the way coin doors were shipped.
    Why would a private owner put aftermarket token decals on a supposed HUO machine in his house?
    That does not make a lot of sense to me, and some games even used "blanks" (which was a FREE factory option).

This machine adds up to being routed due to multiple observations.
    Otherwise, the game was cleaned once ever 10+ years and used rusty pitted pinballs in the game compounded withe moisture damage.
    If the playfield was lifted in an additional photo, I could make a final assessment quickly.
    If I was local, I doubt the owner would want me to do that.

#2840 7 years ago

Chicago region is tough place to be a collector/owner. Availability is better, but prices are almost always higher, due to larger collector numbers, knowledge, and constant sharking. When a person says "there is nothing available", they probably do not have a lot of resources and networks to find machines. They are all over the place, but when they show up in the "common" places they are gone in a musket flash.

#2851 7 years ago

Some of my best deals in the hobby were when I lived overseas, and shipped the games back to the US. Not all, but many of them.

#2874 7 years ago
    Quoted from wierdeer:

GBLE 12000 lol

The real joke is not the price, but the fact the game does not exist yet.
    "Pre-order RESALE RESALE".

#2901 7 years ago

"Affect" and "effect" improper grammar use has always made me a little agitated. But, most people equate me to wearing my other hat for those that missed it the first time.

41YFDTDRCFL._SL1500__(resized).jpg41YFDTDRCFL._SL1500__(resized).jpg

#2907 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Lets get back to the laughs. A $3,000 Fireball. But hey, he wants to make sure know that this is not the cheap crappy arcade version, this is the very rare professional home version.

I am going to provide a courteous professional email explaining his asking price is roughly 10x its' value, if it works properly.

#2919 7 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

I'd love to ask him to show me any of the "features" that he lists the game as having. Obviously, he's never really played the game he has or taken a look at the features of the game.
    Dave

Well, the home model does have pop bumpers.
    Not hard to see the game does not have a spinning disk.
    I did provide a courtesy email with details regarding inaccuracies with respect.

I have owned both games, although I threw the home model in the trash 25+ years ago, as at the time there was not much information out in the wild on how to repair the boards, and only a couple of did the work (and still do).

#2920 7 years ago

Holy fballs...
    "Queen of the High Seas" must be coming out of the cabinet to give a free BJ between games.
    Especially with that cabinet.
    Maybe its the LEDs.

ebay.com link: BALLY BLACK ROSE PINBALL MACHINE LEDs FREE SHIPPING SEE DETAILS

#2926 7 years ago
    Quoted from waveman:

Ghostbusters LE Pinball Machine - $14000 (walnut creek)
    sfbay.craigslist.org link
    Stern Ghostbusters LE Pinball Machine
    New in box !

Reported for immediate scam, blacklist of account, private message of considerate warning, and individual ad marked for removal as prohibited.
    Sometimes diligence and extra effort is needed to protect others.

#2934 7 years ago
    Quoted from padarjohn:

Here's an actual "barn find".
    Someone's been watching too much American Pickers. He wants $15,000. From the pics it would seem the only thing with any value is the pins, and they look like they've been sitting in the barn (with Oregon rainy winters) for 20 years. I was going to (generously) offer him $3K, but I figured he'd just be insulted.

You might not be aware, but those games have been up for sale for well over a year here.
    On CL they were listed for at least the last 8 months.

Many local collectors have offered to buy them and save them, but owner refuses to sell at a reasonable price, thinking they are made of "gold". Reality is they are going to rot where they are, and perhaps the backglasses and playfields may be salvageable someday, but most likely not.
    Such is the life of a pinball collector.

#2949 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

"Hey guys, I got an idea. Let's take this pinball machine we know absolutely nothing about, put it in front of the the crapiest wall we can find in our furniture store and take a dozen photos". Oh, and let us not forget to put a ridiculous price on it.
    G Domino EM $1995.00

This is called "retro photography" in regards to sales marketing.
    It is actually a very successful means to sell items off the concept of nostalgia.
    It works.
    The game is not in bad condition either, and the price is a "dealer cost" at little over 2X value for the title, which is typical.
    Not sure what most enthusiasts expect out of an EM of this age.
    It is not a "crap" machine.
    The targeted audience for sale is NOT pinball collectors.
    If you understand some of the market idiosyncrasies, it is a little easier to see what happened here.

#2953 7 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

Looks like it used to be a Gottlieb Force II?

Correct.
    That is a standard price for that title without a backglass, if the game full works and has a solid playfield.
    Restorable.

#2965 7 years ago

Collectors should realize the "sky is the limit" right now on the market, before the next "stall".

Prototype CQ original KISS (Bally, 1978)
    $14,500 (non-negotiated price).
    Number #3 of 8

http://endlesspinball.com/kiss-bally-pinball/

I almost guarantee someone will buy it eventually within the next year or so.
    $4-5K asking prices on original KISS machine have become the norm over the past 5 years or so, even if they are "blown out".
    Are they worth the price?
    Nope.

#2977 7 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

And it has LEDs. That adds $1k to any game automatically!

Yes, because it takes an "average of 30+ hours to color coordinate a playfield into LED unicorn pinata diarrhea at $45/hour."
    Put that statement in a CL ad for a sales pitch.

#3005 7 years ago

Very nice BK2K, difficult to come by, based on lack of NOS playfields and D1M heat mylar issues.
    This is one is part of the second half of the production run.
    I don't really listen to the "200 plays" part, as this is never true, especially after 26 years.
    In fact when owners do that for sales, it really hurts their credibility.
    The owner will never be able to document that, even if he "hot swapped" the batteries.

I have owned mine since 2000, and it has more than 200 plays since that time, the CL machine looks better than mine from a glance.
    (Recognize any differences on my machine?)

Estimated value for if true documented HUO and purchased NIB is $5500-6000.
    A collector would buy this machine for that price.
    The right "perfect" collector might even push past $6500, but that is pretty desperate, and unlikely.
    If I could really see the playfield, I could tell roughly the number of plays on the machine, but the MagnaSave does look good.

BK2K.jpgBK2K.jpg

#3006 7 years ago

"Home Use Only" my a$$.
    Look at the inserts.
    Cracking, fissures, and insert lifting due to heat from the bulbs.
    Not one, but many, which is a dead giveaway unless an owner left the game on 24 hours a day for weeks.
    Maybe HUO for a couple of years.

http://goo.gl/CnC0Yc

#3016 7 years ago

If person keeps watching the market you will notice certain patterns now across the United States right now.
    European market is completely different.

Due the economy remaining equitable, there are more machines being "brought out of the closet" in rising of secondary market availability, mostly at ridiculous prices that come completely out of left field starting at 2-10x their actual value.
    Non-informed sellers are trying to "cash in" on the craze.
    This is is not being caused by Ebay or any other source directly.
    Some say, "this is not important", but it really is for all future secondary sales of hobbyists.

The resulting action slows sales in the market, as it sometimes take time for individual prices to deflate, if at all.
    If a machine actual sells for anywhere near the asking price, the market inflates upwards again.
    Many time times, the machines just simply "vanish" and go back into storage or their place of business or home.
    The same people say "this is collectible, it MUST be worth this much." (even though it does not work, missing parts, or trashed)

This is a precursor to the market stalling that has happened many times in past, of which the last occurrence was late 2005.
    Notice, I am not stating a "pinball market bubble" as this really does not apply in this hobby.
    I am not projecting an attitude of "doom and gloom" but this coupled with continued price testing of NIB machines, does not afford a healthy outlook on the overall availability of the market in the next couple of years. Eventually, this pushes out the "little fish" and market stalls like a car engine trying to be started again.

I need more data points to draw more definitive directions.
    One of the more direct tipping points to watch is Stern game pricing.
    It is a reflection of the health of the market to consumers.
    NIB games continue to go up in MRSP $500 for new titles (not reruns) every 6-8 months.
    The price ceiling will determine the beginning of the stall, or if games continue to sell at this level.

#3019 7 years ago

I want to see the $4K GTB Genesis.
    I have hated that game for over 30+ years, including the silver doll.

#3028 7 years ago

If it is any hope for new collectors, if you work with good brokers and dealers, all prices are generally negotiable INCLUDING NIB games.
    If they are not, walk the $#!@ away, as that means they are generally not the person you want to deal with overall.
    I can give plenty of good recommendations across the United States.
    This will change again soon within the next 2-5 years, as least for a short respite.

Only private sellers middle names are HIGH represent the sign of the pinball TIMES we live in right now in the hobby.
    Some collectors are smoking serious chronic right now trying to unloaded their overmodded machines, and NOBODY is willing to buy them.
    We are talking $2-4K or MORE.
    Eventually, they ALWAYS sell for a loss.

I keep laughing at an owner in Spokane, WA who has listed every single one of his machines between $6-10K, overmodded with LEDs, powder coating, mirror blades, and other whizbangs which squat continuously in a corner for MONTHS.
    One memorable machine still is his ToM with CV scrolls on top, clearly another $500 right? $8000.
    On the other hand, the same owner has a CV but no scrolls, but has pink powder coating on the entire game. $8500.
    Same person has iceberg white powder coating on a Whitewater, all white mountains, and completely destroyed the entire game with blue LEDs that you cannot see anything on the playfield. $7000, dropped from $8000.
    The rest of his crap is in the $9500 range, and some ridiculously overloaded my eyes are melting.
    He just had way too much invested, and now he realizes he is in SERIOUS debt, and in a pit of despair.

The few that were not outrageously priced, did sell, but that was a long time ago.
    He is trying to cash out, and he is losing BIG, an average of $2-3K on every machine he wasted money on.

Dealers won't even touch these type of games for buy out, as other collectors do not want them.
    Seriously, they DON'T want them at all, and laugh when offered, because it costs more money to bring them back to factory specifications.

#3035 7 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Oh man. I would LOVE this collection. As the CL ad says, it's "gathering dust" in his warehouse. Now, what would 15 minutes and some Windex have done for the only picture in this ad? C'mon! You have a great collection - spruce it up!

Well at least it looks to be in a climate controlled environment

#3038 7 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

Can't believe someone in Nashville area hasn't snatched this!

17600n_(resized).jpg17600n_(resized).jpg

#3046 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm ok with WTB ads if they are looking for something specific (even 2-3 titles) rather than waiting for a grail pin to just pop up. Just placing a "I'll buy any pinball you have for sale" is clearly someone looking to buy a pin and flip it.

Actually there are multiple ways to discourage this "hard flipper" behavior.
    The difference between a hard and soft flippers, is soft flippers keep the games if they like them, although many still do try to get around $300-500 extra than their sales price to make a few bucks often. I guess you could call this a "finder's fee"? If the machine is exceptional condition that is fine, but normally they are player models, not superb or collector quality.

If a person constantly bombards CL with these ads, you autobot him back with spam selling responses.
    Once his inbox is filled with these, he/she has to constantly change email addresses, which eventually except for the hardcore give up.
    Generally, this takes a couple of months to be effective.

Another method is to go after these types when they say things like "I will buy entire collections", which would never apply unless it was a warehouse raid, which takes time and experience to set up, they do not come out of the blue these days.
    They cannot afford collections of any sort of quality as they are not dealers as cash flow on large collections can be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    I target these people if specifically annoying, as they are the hard flippers.
    I redirect them to my collection pinball owners page, and tell them to "make me an offer to buy me out" coupled with storage for rest of remaining machines.
    You NEVER hear back from them, and if done enough times by multiple collectors, make it difficult for them to approach anyone without continuously changing aliases.
    They start to realize they are being watched, and overwatched by long term collectors trying to help others.
    They get nervous, and options start to dry up.
    Essentially, you run them out of town, but this takes much more time and multiple attempts until they get the message.

Portland and Seattle have their share of both types, but only a few are the type that really need to be shut down.

#3047 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Ho hum, tell us how your pinball guessing games goes if you play his game...
    No Fear, $ I'm thinking of a number!
    lexington.craigslist.org link

1) He needs to learn to NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS LIKE A COMPLETE MORON
    2) This is not a job interview to determine salary of "pay scale" a person can buy from regarding a machine
    3) This is not an aunty auction

Enough on this one.

#3065 7 years ago
    Quoted from JellyNeck:

Cocaine at that price.

You are actually not far off.
    Mexico prices for a kg of Cocaine are around $14K.
    PNW is around $22K.
    Lot of snorting going on in the hobby these days.
    Mostly to feed the habit.

#3067 7 years ago

Counter trafficking narcotics work through DoD, DoS, and DHS for pricing.
    Interdiction work in Central America to prevent crossover to Mexico.
    Virtually impossible based on multiple methods and volume, predominantly due to over 70% of the consumption is in the United States.

Last part was a pun joke.

The real interesting part is you can make a lot of money in this area, scary profits from the raw processed product.
    Not relevant for this posting.
    Of course, "Dance with the devil, at your own risk, in the Twilight Zone."

Maybe there is a stash of reimport pinball machines left in South America that could capitalized instead?
    Current market rise would warrant massive container buys again, and you could find the games, even if just for the boards.

#3104 7 years ago

No real price issues here, I just have the comment "that did not last long".
    Another "200 plays" machine.

Reason?
    "Willing to trade for 2 other pinball machines".
    Should have thought about before dropping $7K in a 9 year old design.

Of course the rest of the photos are from a JJP "The Hobbit" anyway, so what's the point...

Pinball Game Spider-Man Vault HUO - $6800
    https://goo.gl/pPrMjE

#3106 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwinn1812:

But he has pictures of a Hobbit. I guess he got confused on which one he wanted to sell...

Well I am sure they are both "200 plays".
    It really is not that hard to figure out how to use the service, but things seem to have deteriorated in education.
    I literally just was enticed into an attempted argument over the owner on Facebook locally, who cannot figure out how to use anything other than a game flyer and non related game photos.

There is an old saying, "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

#3125 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Yikes!! this cat will bite into your pocketbook

Inserts and PF is #! $@ed.
    Zoom the photos in.

#3130 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It didn't look too bad to me.
    The price, though...totally bonkers.

Close up flyby buzzkill.
    $6500 piece of junk.
    It is better than most player quality games though.

"You can't win! HAHAHAHAHA."

00l0l_grURrxMVZWT_1200x900.jpg00l0l_grURrxMVZWT_1200x900.jpg

#3132 7 years ago

$4200 Fathom, who wants it?
    Check out the playfield, he rates it as a "B" quality rating.
    You cannot properly wax bare wood.
    Game has electronic faults.
    "I know what this game is worth, and how rare it is..."
    Actually, no you don't, and it is not restored.

The march to the next pinball market stall continues...

Untitled-1_(resized).jpgUntitled-1_(resized).jpg
    00q0q_d1QYK06gMYa_1200x900_(resized).jpg00q0q_d1QYK06gMYa_1200x900_(resized).jpg

#3135 7 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

orange pop bumper rings with the blue caps

There are so many other things wrong with this machine and it is not worth discussing. Most people here that know the situation had four words to describe, "stay the ! $@# away".

You cannot properly wax a bare wood playfield. The wax "soaks in" and creates a layer that causes dishing.

#3141 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was looking at the wedge head and thought the door bell was a unique feature.

This looks like the game was modified to use the doorbell button as a way to add credits to the game. Clearly, $250 additional value from Home Depot. Playfield and backglass do not look to bad though. However, "Plug n Play" applies to SS electronics.

#3154 7 years ago

How the Hell can he tell if the T2 works or not if you can't see the play-field?

Good deal even if the PF is worn wood.
    PCBs are worth the effort. Dust is a bonus here.

1 week later
    #3166 7 years ago
    Quoted from 4meansduck:

Who wouldn't want to trade a pinball for a huge, clown inflatable that won't provide hours of enjoyment?

Actually, "Attention suckers, I am a millennial, and I want something for nothing."

It might go well with my Punchy the Clown, or just to scare burglars away.
    I don't have an "BMX bikes to trade" though.
    I most certainly would not be giving him one of my guns.
    Millennials...
    (I found this in a garage, and I thought I could make a quick buck)

#3168 7 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I found this in *my parents* garage, and thought I could make a quick buck. I'm really just helping out my parents though. I am 30 years old and I am still in college. Pay off my $100,000 in student loans before my parents go bankrupt. I'm off to the bar, I'm soooo stressed out... YOLO!

Actually, he found it in a basement.
    That is where he lives with his parents.
    More truth, than most realize these days.

1 week later
    #3175 7 years ago

That KISS is going to get parted out, I guarantee it.
    It is unrepairable for purposes of restoration requirements, not with the effort.
    Playfield is particularly bad, and the water damage to the cabinet basically means "new cabinet built".
    Not to even mention there is no backglass which will be another $300 minimum.
    You might as well start building a machine from scratch.

#3179 7 years ago

Actually, anyone that has done this level of work, knows this is a bad decision.
    "The Pinball Shoppe" knows too, but are being pintarded again with their greed.
    Fairly common now until the next stall.

You cannot recoup your labor costs to repair this machine.
    Most seasoned restorers will understand this period.

$45/hour X400 hours(minimum)=$18K
    If anyone wants to charge $5400 for a restoring a game of this magnitude of current condition, I say "go for it".

Start with finding a proper backglass, and another cabinet that is not falling apart and belt sand it.
    Alternatively, build a new cabinet from scratch.
    Re Stencil and paint.
    Well you have an empty husk.
    They find a $800-1200 playfield that is not trashed and swap it out.
    All boards need recertified, reworked, and repaired.
    All other wires and cabling needs fixed.
    All aspects of the transformer need potentially repaired.

"Haha", most would rather treasure their time.
    This is a piece of trash, which should get parted out to save another machine, or thrown off a roof.
    If this is believe to be so valuable, someone should buy the game for $1500.
    I mean hey, you get free shipping right?
    Have I seen worse?
    Of course, but this is not a classic car frame.

My guess is the game will fall apart before it arrives to the buyer...

#3190 7 years ago

If it's any consequence, there are still good people out there.

I just closed a deal for another T2 in collector near HUO condition for $2400.
    He "saved" the machine for me after over 2+ months of being taken down off CL.
    I did not even realize the machine was still for sale as it had been so long.
    Essentially, he left the country on business and this was at his summer vacation ocean home.
    When he returned he called me.

I picked it up yesterday, and it was not only as described, but he did not want more money, since I was direct with him upfront, as the game has not yet been restored.

#3192 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

You'd think a "collector near HUO" game would really just need a detailed shop job... not any kind of "restoration". Of course it matters how liberally one uses the term "restored".

Well, in the case of the direct machine I was describing, you are correct.

These games do exist, contrary to opinions of others.

Much of what I own now is HUO/NIB/Prototype or Sample direct from factory games.

The photo of T2 "dusty" was not the machine I was referring.

The only thing that this machine needs is a rubber ring kit and waxing. DMD was BRIGHT, brand new, boards bright green.
    Gun handle bright chrome.

100% functional, which was shocking.

A little corrosional indications from salt air, but nothing of terrible concern, as the gentlemen ran a proper dehumidifier and air purifier.

In this case the owner had bought the game NIB for the house in late 1991, paperwork, manuals, goodie bag, etc were still in the cashbox. He has paid a tech a couple times to replace batteries, service, and replace bulbs. Came to the home without hasp option, coin mechs still US brand new.

Game sat in the corner of the house away from windows for 25 years.

The last time the batteries were changed was 2008!

However, the tech has put on a homemade remote battery pack and heavy duty set call batteries.

He knew his job.

He determined his asking price, based on what paid at the time + shipping, which is not that far off market value in 1991/92.

I will post pictures next week on the "finds" thread. The game is unloaded in my garage. I don't have room to permanently set it up.

"Dilligence rewards the pinball collector."

I am going to sell my other T2, as this is the REAL game I have looking for to replace one I sold 10+ years ago.

#3204 7 years ago

Another GBLE local to my home near Seattle for for sale.
    "A dozen plays on the machine".
    Well, that did not last long.

I am noticing a distinct pattern in the secondary market.
    Are you?
    Do people people know the pattern...

GB LE (resized).jpgGB LE (resized).jpg

#3207 7 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Don't you just love all the natural light that this collection is getting?

"Nothing makes a new owner happier than seeing all the artwork on cabinets of pinball machines turn into nuclear blasts" (A lesson learned too late by some)

Operators may not care, collectors do.

WmsIJ12 (resized).jpgWmsIJ12 (resized).jpg
    cab1 (resized).jpgcab1 (resized).jpg

#3208 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

If it's not direct sunlight is that a problem? I have a big window to the east but there are so many trees that the sun never shines in the window and on the pins.

UV natural light will DESTROY ink screened and decal pigmentation in less than 6 months.
    Reds, yellows, oranges, and browns go first.
    Then the blues or other similar tinges such as purple.
    Eventually the whole machine's cabinet is crap within less than 2 years.

Block those windows, even if you *think* there is no direct sunlight, because it is still happening even with indirect light.
    UV does not require it to be shining directly to kill the colors, it just kills it faster.
    Cover your machines with BLACK covers, if you have to store than in access of natural light.
    Keep the shades drawn at minimum, use black out shades on top of blinds.
    Preferably, keep your games in the dark.
    Hell, use a cheap reflective tarp if you have to overall.
    Severity is dependent on the construction of the cabinet, manufacturer, paint versus ink screen versus decal, and colors used.

My games would not look "factory fresh" after 20+ years, if they were stored in a lighted area.

#3212 7 years ago

I would take a wild guess and state that that machine in Syracuse, NY does not work.
    Just a guess though...

The buyer would be missing $1200 from his/her pocket.
    BTW, there is bird$#@! on the playfield glass in two locations.
    This game was not always stored in this garage, it was brought INTO the garage.

#3216 7 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

What would it be worth if working and cleaned up?

$500

#3226 7 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

And here it is. The batteries had leaked some acid, but it doesn't look too bad. The insert lighting isn't working, pop bumbers dead, and it won't start a game. But it's going to clean up well and I'll get it brought back to its former glory. For $700, I'm happy.

Good deal.
    Get rid of that coin op apron sticker, carefully, as it is !#$@ing up a nice game.
    I already see you were trying to peel it.
    Many operators are idiots, small stylized magnets do the same job.
    I will remember "CDL Company" and their giant decals forever.
    Use liberal amounts of goo gone and patience to avoid removing or destroying the ink screening.
    Go slowly, no "freeze spray".
    Use denatured alcohol to rinse and remove final residue after glue is removed.

#3227 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

1978 Star Trek pinball machine
    akroncanton.craigslist.org link
    Beautiful 1978 Star Trek Pinball machine

Superb condition and CLEAN Star Trek.
    Price for the condition of the cabinet, playfield, and backglass (which is original) is not out of line today. Cabinet stencil paint is outstanding. Game clearly was either restored on in a home environment for a very long time. Close inspection may even warrant collector condition.

Dependent on complete technical and board review, cost is equitable in the $2800-3000 range.
    I would buy immediately close to this price, if was looking for this title and did not want to conduct restoration efforts.

Not many left in this condition except in collectors hands.
    People need to remind themselves this game is nearly 40 years old when comparing against condition.

#3231 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I actually like old operator or arcade stickers on my games. I would never put them on intentionally but it shows off their former glory days. I've got a 70s Gottlieb that has an Illinois permit sticker on the front of the cab. Pretty neat to me.

The old saying still applies.
    "It is your game, if you like the way it is, don't change it."

I have a close friend who has an outstanding EM pinball that was in a Chinese restaurant.
    Only one problem, or curiosity depending on how to look at as you mentioned.
    The entire left side of the cabinet (and backbox) was painted into a dragon mural to match the wallpaper, after they USED the wallpaper.
    He never removed the mural.
    It actually looks pretty good, and looks like a wrapped Christmas present...on one side...

#3235 7 years ago

Some "battle scarred" games and few creative paint jobs.
    Thousands of them in my archives.

64716_10151585628711617_1966054345_n (resized).jpg64716_10151585628711617_1966054345_n (resized).jpg
    13669676_10154321183921617_8232279558063551019_n (resized).jpg13669676_10154321183921617_8232279558063551019_n (resized).jpg
    428591_10151668332241617_379236777_n (resized).jpg428591_10151668332241617_379236777_n (resized).jpg
    13346512_10154227268411617_8944777479879813426_n (resized).jpg13346512_10154227268411617_8944777479879813426_n (resized).jpg
    14034748_10154449662656617_4667894986807761839_n (resized).jpg14034748_10154449662656617_4667894986807761839_n (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #3252 7 years ago

Just a another pinball "flipper", lazy, stupid, and/or potentially dishonest, who may not own the machines, or simply copied internet photos at worst case.

If I was local, I would call the numbers, and confirm available of purchase. It may not be the same person.

The real point to be learned now is LOCK UP your machines, be safe, and have them insured, as pinball machines are becoming more lucrative for thievery and resale. Personal losses are common, and resales of stolen property even more so.

I have had people use even my personal game photos for games for sale in the past in the used market. Another reason I rarely sell these days except directly to other collectors.

Cost is the least of concerns here.
    Knowledge is power.

#3256 7 years ago

The flipper with rubber bands are a $1000 mod that clearly enhanced the value of any machine by an owner. Don't let anyone tell you differently, it makes the game very rare.

If you want LEDs on top of the flipper bats that costs $500 extra. Requires at least 40 hours of work.

#3258 7 years ago

Key reading point regarding this ad:

"I'm raising the price slightly because of massive interest."

I guess this makes my prototype sample RS that was purchased from a WMS employee worth $10K.

#3261 7 years ago
    Quoted from vilant:

"Like new, Home use only, beautiful Roadshow Pinball by the amazing designer Pat Lawlor, you know, the guy that created legendary super pins like Addams family and Twilight zone. Roadshow is one of the other wide-bodied super pins he helped design and create. Featuring talking heads 'Red and Ted'"
    Who knew TAF was a super-pin? That's news to me.

Would have made the game even more awesome though if he had designed the extra space. I am thinking a full Addams Mansion inclusion.

2 weeks later
    #3290 7 years ago

Gameroom Collectibles should be ashamed of themselves. This time it is not about "Disco Fever" (which by the way has still not sold in over 2 years).

http://ebay.to/2dkBERl

#3291 7 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

Those are all right here on the pin map! Hope they aren't getting out of pinball completely.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/1077-family-amusement-corporation-los-angeles-ca-united-states

They are bailing.
    Good techs cost money, and they do not have either.
    I have visited, it is simply another case of a attempt to snag a few bucks and get out before the next market stall.

#3297 7 years ago

"Modern art masterpiece of magazine clippings."
    I don't understand the relation of the images on the playfield to the TV show.
    It looks like Gun n' Roses meets LOTR in a WWE brawl with the transfer done on laminated inkjet decal paper.

Maybe he has the original backglass in his closet, that might be worth a few dollars.

#3306 7 years ago

"Ride to Live, Live to Ride." (and get taken for a real ride)

Stern HD (3rd Edition) was by far the worst version HD game ever made mostly due to artwork.

Most people sometimes do not realize there were actually SIX different iteration HD games made in runs/reruns.
    One from Bally, one from Sega, and the remaining 2 separate versions (2 runs each) by Stern.
    Each version was slightly different, some with different designs, artwork, or translites.
    Mechanics and electronics were different between the Sega and Stern versions.
    The Bally game was completely different from the Sega and Stern versions and was reminiscent of High Speed in 1991 in design.
    This was bar none the best artwork of the lot, gameplay was "meh".

The third edition sales from Stern was incredibly tiny on the both runs totally under 700 machines.
    It sold mediocre as a novelty for HD shops in 2004-2005.
    It was a closeout in 2006, which is why this game is potentially still in its box.
    This was a time of "desperation" by Stern when the pinball drought of the mid 2000s was in full force and they were dusting off old designs to remake for potential sales.

Any game of those runs is still valuable to the right person though at around $3600 in very good condition.
    The game new in box sold for $3200 at dealer cost.
    Not $7700, which the owner simply pulled the number out of his a$$.
    This machine has not doubled its value in 10 years.

Hopefully a non-collector does not get duped and asks someone they know that understands pinball.

#3309 7 years ago

Impressive tracking price history on this Allied Leisure "copycat" cocktail pinball.
    The game is worth today around $350, if it works, rubber rings aside, so the price is getting close.

#3316 7 years ago
    Quoted from chucktee:

Out of his ass apparently....

Most common price guide source next to Ebay.

#3336 7 years ago

Just another CL "auction".
    The pinball plague of the modern world.
    "I won't tell you what I think it's worth, unless you offer more than I believe I can selling it for overall".
    The reverse psychology of pinball buying.
    Rampant.

The game is trashed, and playfield has a lot of bare wood.
    It will take a substantial amount of effort to bring it back.
    Cabinet may not be salvageable, if the wood is sufficiently weakened due to moisture.
    I am almost certain this seller was a flipper, that bought this out of storage unit or garage trying to sell it.
    Look at the surrounding items in the photos, he is not a broker/dealer/owner.
    The buyer was spot on.

I guess a lot of people are sucking things now, as that might be a preference to pain.

#3344 7 years ago

Maybe this will discourage this flipper from being a dumbass.
    We have too many flippers right now just like the last peak period in 2001-2005.
    As I have tried to tell others, the next market stall is coming and some people are going to lose.

#3351 7 years ago

I like the painters tape, it adds color.
    That is a $1000 mod.

1 week later
    #3376 7 years ago

For some people that may be the only type of arcade retro machine they will be able to afford within 5 years. The world will overrun by Stern Zizzle pinball machines at overrated prices for the rest AKA Stern "The Pin" v2.0. I look forward to new uninformed owners trying to repair them.

#3377 7 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

This is not a Craig's List laugh.
    I actually think it's pretty cool. Never seen one before.
    cnj.craigslist.org link
    Is $2300.00 really the going price for these things?

No, if NOS around $200-250 on the high end.

2 weeks later
    #3409 7 years ago

From a recent CL ad, price is right, but god damn this is ugly.
    I would have to strip all the crap off the game.

00303_d8FPPJqgurN_1200x900 (resized).jpg00303_d8FPPJqgurN_1200x900 (resized).jpg

Pinball Powdercoating SOPA (resized).jpgPinball Powdercoating SOPA (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #3426 7 years ago

I just did a recent assessment of the PNW CL ads across the region from Seattle to Bend and all the way out past Spokane.
    This is a multiple metro region with Seattle, SEATAC, Oympia, Tacoma, Yakima, Spokane, Bend, and may other smaller cities combined.
    A lot of locations packed into a corridor.

Out of a little more than 108 current ads, over 25% were WTB ads, and the rest of these same entries were duplicates of the same ad.
    This did not count "garbage" ads that were asking for pinball machines in trade for items like boats, tractors?, ATVs, cars, and hot tubs.
    This did not count toys related to pinball.
    This also did not even consider the ads for "expert pinball repair", of which are nearly ALL bait ads for flippers as well.
    There are only a handful of "experts" here in this region, and they don't need CL for solicitation. They are overloaded with work.
    Counting all these together, we are looking at well over 65-70% of all ads in over a 250 mile circular region in many metro areas being complete and utter bullshit.

I actually pinged a WTB: Eight Ball Deluxe buyer (last week I think?), pointed him to the photos and details of my fully restored game, and said feel free to make an offer.
    The ad stated "he was a serious buyer, had full cash, and is not a dealer, will consider all machines restored or not"
    Guess what? No response.
    I was not particularly surprised or disappointed.
    Just another flipper, trying to troll for "deals" and try and get a cheap game.
    He took one look at the game and I am sure he said, uh oh, this is not garden variety garbage trash.
    You really cannot help anyone these days without somebody trying to fish hook and gut you, and then you have to call them out.
    I am not talking about lowballing either, that is oversimplifying.

Some of the best ads are "I will buy entire collections, please send details", but they could never afford to buy out anybody, because they cannot afford to pay their own current rent or even have enough money for groceries. Absolutely, positively, NEVER given them your information, unless you like having your home broken into via a reverse address search.

CL remains a total waste of time, space, and effort for anyone out here anyway.
    I do still try to help others, so they don't get taken for a ride.
    Be cautious.
    There are very few "fair deals", but we all still look anyway periodically.
    Work your private contacts, or make some.
    The worst part is some legitimate for sale machine ads get taken down immediately and tagged as illegal, so flippers can try and monopolize a purchase sale and prevent others from seeing the the ad from unsuspecting sellers.
    It is so rampant now, I am glad I don't need to start in this hobby, as if I was a new I might actually be frustrated.

"Craigslist, the cockroach breeding ground corner of society, all feeding together at the same place and time."

#3433 7 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Competing for craigslist deals (or using CL in general) is a waste of time and potentially dangerous.

The only good news is usually I can identify the seller fairly quickly, if legitimate.
    CL is dangerous, not just to your safety, but to your collection.
    Pinball machines are "hot commodities" being stolen right now.
    I would never invite a potential buyer to my private storage warehouse where I store my projects and restorations to sell a game.
    That is a HUGE no no.
    It is questionable, I would even invite a buyer to my house to sell a game either, unless it has already been negotiated.
    They sure as #$@! see I have an alarm system signs.

If a prospective buyer sees an ad with no price, WALK THE $#@! AWAY.
    Listen to me here, new collectors, please.
    It is either a flipper, scammer, troller, market price tester, or CL auctioneer bullshit.
    You will beat your head into a brick wall, or simply put yourself at risk personally.
    There is no bartering in buying pinball machines, either the game is legit or it is not.
    Take a knowledgeable collector with you to inspect the damn game.
    Ask for help, if needed.

Generally, pinball collectors post on another forums, locations, people already know them, not necessarily on PinSide.
    The internet is not a vacuum anymore like it was in the early 90s.
    It makes the process very quick, but every once on a full moon, something unusual occurs.
    Not often anymore, but when people know you are a "pinball collector" they actually come to you for help.
    Either to sell what they have, or offer it to you first, out of direct trust.
    Keeps the scammers and flippers at bay, sometimes...

Owners should realize that not everything in their basement is American Pickers "rusty gold".
    It is just not the case, regardless of the current conditions of the market.
    In some cases, the games sit until the person goes to their grave, and relatives end up cleaning their mess.
    Sometimes they are hoarders, sometimes not, but the end state is always the same.

We have an outdoor unprotected garage full of games in Portland, OR that has been up for sale on CL off and on for over 2+ years.
    Buyer wanted over $20K for the games, and they were in really rough shape, and only 5-6? were pinball machines.
    Now the games are worth even less, flaking, rotting, and rusting from two more years in the elements here.
    The backglasses and playfields might be salvageable, but not for long.

1 week later
    #3438 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

You missed the best part of the listing:
    "This pinball has a back glass from a Barracora game the pharoh was broked "
    faz

The seller took pinball broker lessons from Gorgar.
    "Me Gorgar, sell you."

Continual modern examples of the failure of today's education system.
    It actually is getting rather hard to read many ads today, not considering any of the normal choice of descriptive verbs.
    Borked would have been funnier.

#3444 7 years ago

"very nice bow and arrow pinball machine old antiques needs some work." ($600)

00j0j_7VG2IZ9FBz1_1200x900.jpg00j0j_7VG2IZ9FBz1_1200x900.jpg

#3452 7 years ago
    Quoted from bdPinball:

This was worth a laugh. Is this guy a newbie trying to get his first pin, or is he a CL cut-throat pin-SOB who mis-represents what/who he is.

The simple proper term is "flipper".

#3454 7 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Working or not working? Proper equipment? Cash waiting? Seems like a pro fishing for some deals, lol. Nice touch with the "looking for Christmas cheer" part.

"Flipper"
    A lot of bottom feeders right now in the hobby.
    None of them are "Mr. Fix It".
    Their special skills are hooking and gutting.

#3468 7 years ago
    Quoted from Archon9000:

Wh20 listed at 2500$. My guess is the offers started coming in and the seller quickly modified his posting (without removing the original "firm" price).

The famous Craigslist "auction".
    Put on your horse jockey outfit, and get out your whip.

#3474 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

For Christ sakes, give this thing away to someone..

Another moooooo...barn find.

wareh06 (resized).jpgwareh06 (resized).jpg

#3477 7 years ago
    Quoted from chucktee:

What the...? Tell me somebody isn't trying to sell that. I know times are hard for some folks but really now...

I will find some more fun photos from my CL archive.
    Yes, all the games I ever list or show were/are for sale.
    Some of them are outright absurd.

I am still looking for the photo for the Nip-It in the cow pasture covered with manure after the playfield glass broke.
    It was flat on the ground, no legs.
    That was funny.
    $350 OBO.
    I salvaged the backglass, but the rest of the game was trashed.
    Amazing how well those early EM Bally backglasses hold up.
    This one was face down in the backbox, which was the only reason it survived.
    I took it home for $50 (the whole backbox), and told the guy to get his tractor and a hook chain to pull the rest out of the mud, because I was not going back into the field to dig through to see what was left.

acow (resized).jpgacow (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #3634 7 years ago

Another one of my old pinball sayings:

"For some people pinball is like cocaine. It is addicting, and way overpriced depending on where you buy the product."
    - TBK

#3656 7 years ago

Preparing another CL ad right now.
    FREE Pinball Advice for non-flippers.

Used Pinball Machines Drug Ad (resized).jpgUsed Pinball Machines Drug Ad (resized).jpg

#3660 7 years ago

Is the FH door childproof?
    Particle board cabinets (including doors) never seem to hold up over time.
    Looks like the owner took it off the bookcase next to the machine.

#3694 7 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

kansascity.craigslist.org link
    "Man cabe special Balleys is the best, very cool."

There is a special place in my heart for games that are potentially copied from other ads, fakes, or shills.
    Otherwise, the seller simply forgot to take the prior price tag down and has the education of a third grader.
    It must include a motorcycle, moped, truck, or automobile with every purchase as an extra gift.
    VROOOM!

1 week later
    #3705 7 years ago

"Riding the pinball market tidal wave."

This early bagatelle style was built in 1939, not 1942.
    One of the first games to actually start having a 'backglass', score reels (well not exactly if you understand the history), and a knocker.
    No legitimate pricing information, if you understand these very early EMs.
    Actual value is less than $450, as this is not even the same category as a collectible wood rail.
    Asking price is over 6X the market value.

A couple additional photos included of what you get for the electrics for $3000.
    The game does not work.
    I hope the buyer understands very basic electrical connections, as it would not be entirely the hard to fix, once you actually clean the game.
    Score reels might turn to dust when they starting turning though...(paper joke inserted)

More games to follow.
    Things are getting really stupid in the PNW.
    Why do I care?
    Read the next post to understand.
    This is not exclusive regarding pricing.

Bally Royal (resized).jpgBally Royal (resized).jpg
    00F0F_1A6A93yw4DR_1200x900 (resized).jpg00F0F_1A6A93yw4DR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    00L0L_7YwqRE9yVVm_1200x900 (resized).jpg00L0L_7YwqRE9yVVm_1200x900 (resized).jpg

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg

#3706 7 years ago

"Continuing the pinball market insanity."

This is actually a fairly rare unique 1964 game now, as it the original "mini golf" game developed by Williams.
    Classified in the pitch and bat category.
    It is succeeded by the electronic version many years later by Bromley's Little Pro.
    HOWEVER, even in collector condition, it is only worth around $1500, and that is HIGH for this game.
    You can find a Little Pro for under $1000, although rare with less than 250 made in comparison, and it has a LOT more features.
    Keep in mind I really like these games as well.

This game is going to squat in the mud for a while.
    Do you think this game is worth $5000?
    All sorts of goodness arriving in the market now, as tax time approaches.

"Pinball education is the key to success. I don't care what costs people buy their games for overall, but I do want owners to get their money and value. There are so many examples of owners overpaying for games only to be disgruntled and getting out of the hobby after their first purchase, especially when the game does not work properly. Another reason why I am called 'The Black Knight' as I protect new owners and collectors."

- TBK

Mini Golf (resized).jpgMini Golf (resized).jpg
    00h0h_jAlgjEo1cIP_1200x900 (resized).jpg00h0h_jAlgjEo1cIP_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    00W0W_3IA40Mi3h6_1200x900 (resized).jpg00W0W_3IA40Mi3h6_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    00000_7GWYtpVdvKG_1200x900 (resized).jpg00000_7GWYtpVdvKG_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#3708 7 years ago

Yes, Mini Golf is desirable, I never disagreed.
    I bought one that I placed in storage ($2K), even though I reside in a region where prices are anywhere from 1.5-2X higher than worldwide price averages.
    I also probably will buy TWO Little Pros (one working and one for parts) for $1700, next month.
    But, you can buy 2 1/2 Mini Golfs for $5000.
    The number of EMs that fetch $5000 are zero except those that are fully restored to very specific collectors and a handful of prototypes and samples.
    This game is not fully restored, but is working.

These reason this game gets attention is most people do not know what the game is similar to many steam shovel, whirlybird, and other crane style games from the 1950s-60s. Fortune Teller games can also go sky high, predominantly due to the restoration efforts and required reproduction parts. Unrestored, most games values of this era are less than 40% of a retail price, particularly since many are missing unobtainable parts that have to be remachined.

#3711 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Unrestored Genco Basketball. Sold for $6500. Not uncommon but very collectible.
    ebay.com link » 1954 Genco Two Player Basketball

Ebay has never been a reliable price market evaluation, ever.
    Even during its original days in the 1990s before certain price hikes.
    Now, it is just a festering bloated pile of overpriced garbage, filled with "rubber ring kits", and a tiny percentage of gold nuggets and new buyers getting into price wars.
    Particularly during inflated market periods such as the current time.
    That is how buyers/sellers get into trouble, especially when buyers flake on paying, in the famous, "I made a mistake on my bid".
    Shill bidders are also a big problem.
    It happens constantly, ask dealers and seasoned buyers of parts online.
    Ebay is a good way for sellers to get advertising for their websites and businesses, and then have negotiated real sales behind closed doors.
    Nothing wrong with that, except for the Ebay listing fees.
    What people ask and what people pay are too different animals.
    Long term collectors do not pay this kind of money anyway for this title due to lack of rarity.
    If they do, they are not very informed or care.

If someone believes an unrestored '54 Genco is worth that much, more power to the people.
    Whom am I to argue about some else's "holy grail"?

If someone really wants one, I can probably find a Genco basketball from network resources for the same asking price in working exceptionally restored condition. I would need between 1-3 months, no charge. The buyer just has to be ready to pay when the offer comes up, which is another substantial problem due to the fickleness of buyers who change their mind constantly.
    "Shiny."

That one you mentioned needs a serious overhaul, especially since it was missing parts.
    "Tarnished."

#3715 7 years ago

Well, if any collector wants to due the community a huge service, the "protecting" goes in two directions.
    Both for buyers and sellers.

I have a tendency to help non-collectors evaluate their machines offline for a proper fair price before they put it up for sale. I am not looking for any benefit, "first dibs", or even always want another pinball machine.

I do not contact CL posters on correction (not exclusive to pricing) of their ads, as that is their personal business, not mine, although I actually do sometimes get people pinging me locally from online sources.

For example, we have two EBD up for sale right now.
    Both are listed for over $3000.
    Neither is fully restored.
    One in not even working.
    But, both are the incorrect stated versions of the title.
    One EBD states it is the 1981 version, when it is the 1984.
    The other EBD states that it is the 1982 version, when it is the 1981.
    People generally do not know what they have in some cases.
    In this particular case it makes a large difference in price, even before evaluating the games.

Remember it is not about the price of an item, but what you get for your money.

If collectors can help others, it keeps the alley cats and cockroach flippers away from their heckling, although they can try, and be disarmed.

It is pretty rampant now here in Portland in one of the final "mechas" of the pinball universe.
    It is like a person who offered to trade his boa constrictor to me for a pinball machine, "Portlandia" at its finest.
    I simply responded with, "What am I going to do with a live snake?"

Recently, I did converse to a widow who had several machines, but she knew I was friends with another person, and asked for advice first. It does happen. The games were sold privately to another collector, I just pointed the way.

4 weeks later
    #3788 7 years ago

Choo Choo has been advertising through EBay like this for years. The copied the GRC methodology for sales. Even their warehouse sales are outrageous.

#3790 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I've purchased from Choo Choo. They're prices are negotiable and I got a fair deal. But it was interesting dealing with Dale nonetheless. Lesson learned was to be paitient and wait to purchase from a pinsider.

Lets take a moment here to reflect on what has been happening in 2017.
    This will help people understand things in a bigger scope.

Choo Choo prices are not negotiable on everything, it depends on the title and the age of the game.
    If Dale believes the title is worth 3-4X the value, he will not budge.
    The methodology I mentioned is not opinionated, I am providing observations as I watched the Ebay while evaluating market conditions and how things work in this hobby.

There are "marketeers", speculators, dealers, and brokers not considering any person that is a collector, owner, or private restorer.
    The last type are not going to be considered here, nor HEP sources either, as they are specialized.
    Therefore, as I describe, this has nothing to do with private individuals looking to make maximum profit off a game on pure CL ads.

A "marketeer" (a play on words of "musketeer") is a person who lists prices that follow trends and doubles or triples costs on typical selling locations. Many are informed, so this is not an accidental afterthought by any means. This type of person spikes during the "good times".

A speculator is a person who buys a game as low as possible, and then turns and flips the game with no intention of keeping the game, as soon as they can. Once again, this does not consider private owners sitting on NIB games for years, those fall into the category of "marketeer" collectors. Speculators always exist, and also are known simply as "flippers".

This applies to both new and used games.

A dealer is a seller who exclusively sells games for business profit as a lifestyle, and if they are good, they know how to properly restore games, in order to continue to have repeat customers, which is critical in this hobby, especially when the market stalls.
    This is also how they acquire more inventory stock more easily.
    The most successful have been in the business for over 20-30 years, and there are not that many left now (less than a two dozen in the world).
    Collectors continue to buy games during stalls, new owners sell, enthusiasts do not, and operators rarely buy restored games from dealers, they buy from distributors, under the same pretense has the dealers themselves, meaning inventory stock, sometimes with trades between them.
    This is exceptionally important, if an enthusiast wants to know "when to buy, and when to sell" if you know what you are looking at with collector glasses.

A broker is a turn key seller, selling stock at whatever price they believe it can pass, but provide minimal restoration efforts, sometimes incorrectly or taking shortcuts, if they can get away with it. This also is where the "mom and pop" stores get generated during periods of resurgence, which for the time being remains active.

Some operators subsidize into these categories as well, when they dump their old games.

Choo Choo is classified as a broker, meaning if it does not sell it squats in their warehouse because it does not sell, it does not really matter. They recently conducted warehouse auctions again under the same pretense. They would welcome the opportunity to buy quality games from owners, and provide pennies on the dollar, in order to sell them back at increased prices on Ebay or their website.

If owner wants to know when the market "bubble bursts" (which I do not use these words anyway), watch the NIB sales.
    Sales continue to be dropping, as extended games remain unsold, foreign markets cannot afford the games, and operators outright refuse to buy except in mecha regions, with the exception of a handful of titles, and the "special editions" which are going to home owners.

Stern is being untruthful when they state "more than 50% of their games are going overseas", as the buyers are in the USA.
    This is marketING not the markET.

For manufacturers that are building less than 300 games per year, it remains inconsequential for the time being as these are directed to the home market, but eventually are impacted and will close in time.
    More and more games are coming up for sale now in the market as far as choices (from every source, and is a positive), competing against new releases, particularly older titles as every category of people are trying to "cash in" on the pinball craze.
    Dealer prices are currently through the roof, as some simply cannot find games to add to their inventory stock, and must continue to make a profit somehow, coupled with their own greed.

The saddest part of the negative side of a surge is not that prices are affected, but the eventually it is the greed that catches up to those that participated and market implodes upon itself, as more and more games just sit in the mud.
    The "mom and pop" shops close, a few manufacturers remain, and then the whole cycle starts over again in 5-15 years.

If people are curious to know "who owns pinball machines" here is a snapshot of the past 90 days of game serial number submissions at IPSND.
    71% of all submissions were from the USA.
    North America simply has the largest number of collectors, brokers, "marketeers", and dealers in the world.
    This has not changed significantly since the 1980s.
    Not particularly a huge revelation if you understand the market, but has incredible relevance to sale prices.

Serials (resized).pngSerials (resized).png

1 week later
    #3826 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Includes a doorbell mod and completely white repainted cabinet.

I love these games.

#3833 7 years ago

Funny (resized).jpgFunny (resized).jpg

00s0s_f5mEaCL8caf_1200x900 (resized).jpg00s0s_f5mEaCL8caf_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#3855 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinden007:

How can anyone make a decision if they don't know what AS-IS is.

"If a seller is states that they are not sure if a pinball machine works properly, that means 9 out of 10 times in the case of the machine, it does not work, or at least not 100%."

" The term, AS IS, as applied by a proper seller is a standard invoice procedure, AS IS by flipper, means they they are trying to abdicate all responsibility, and immediately show ignorance of technical aspects of pinball"

- TBK

Get used to it.
    You or another inspect the machine, if you are interested make an offer, and negotiate, if not, walk away.
    Probably more than half of all deals made in this hobby are "AS IS" machines, in fact, those are normally the best ones.
    I only negotiate, if it is worth negotiating, not just if it is overpriced.
    Owners should think outside the box, because NIB sales were not always the norm, and are will return to previous levels within 2-3 years.

#3860 7 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

This one makes it really easy to decide:
    ebay.com link » Pinball Machine
    It's a Simpson playfield, but supposedly 60s pinball machine. Let's make a poll on what this could be.

The game title is "Mystery Box" pinball.
    Happens all the time on CL, sometimes without any photos.

#3867 7 years ago

Fake auctions are on the rise again folks, well beyond sources of CL, Mr. Pinball, and many other sources trying to cash in on the current "pinball craze". I am not talking about people pleading their case for cheap pinball machines due to cancer, anniversary, or their dying children either. I have been watching quite closely lately.

Silverball Mania Backglass - Ebay
    https://goo.gl/7etjLU

There are multiple problems here with this example auction.

This one was reported, which was a new bogus seller, using a paper drawing scan of the backglass from another internet source.
    Not representative of the item being sold, or the item at all, which is not allowed on Ebay.

This is news to me that there were Silverball Manias in existence in 1976, two years before the concept project was started in 1978.
    The game did not start production until 1980 by Bally.

You cannot ship a backglass for $13, unless it is a mistake, ship it as a broken bag of glass diamonds, or they are a #! $@ing geniuses.
    I have not figured the last way out in nearly 30 years.

It was also pretty impressive it was one his father's wall without some type of frame.

Watch your backs, as people are getting burned, and make sure you are covered by Ebay money back guarantee, if you like to take stupid risks, want to submit reimbursement claims, and waste your time.

#3905 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Not really funny, just wanted to see if its just me or does the LED lighting on this game look awful?
    Sorry to the seller if he is a member here, but tone it down a bit...

"Attack from LEDs".
    Some photos do photograph well, and are exactly as shown.
    Photo from my CL archives.

268126_10150317248576617_3544405_n.jpg268126_10150317248576617_3544405_n.jpg

#3932 7 years ago

Ready to buy it?
    Trade for a small car?
    Can sell for over $3500 restored.
    The other photo is an open coin door.
    The leprosy is spreading, as it always does during these periods.

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg

#3937 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Actually, it says $100 or "OBO" - that's not that bad for parts - really, the lockdown bar appears ok, that's $30-40 worth right there. No doubt there's quite a few odds & ends that are salvageable. I would offer the guy $25~30 for it.
    Evaporust is your friend

This passes my threshold limit on effort versus reward for the salvage.
    I don't like to pay to pick up other people's junk (even $25), unless it is next door.
    I really do not have any idea what the playfield and backglass on this bingo looks like anyway, as there are no photos.

I used to do it regularly, but those were different times, where you could normally at least restore in most cases.

I assume I will see you at PAGG?

#3960 7 years ago

Great deal!

All 3 EM + 1 SS games just need to be dusted off after 18 years in storage.
    Pictures are up to date from June 2016.
    Comes with four legs each.
    NO scammers allowed "special edition".
    Needs no help, very experienced.

Ad.jpgAd.jpg

#3963 7 years ago

One of the fugliest WH20s in the history of pinball IMHO.
    You have to spend over $1500 minimum to remove all the crap, and replace the mountain set.
    "Paying someone for extra pain."

Still on the market over a year later.

Ad2.jpgAd2.jpg

#3967 7 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Actually Eye of the Tiger very rare & collectible.

I need to clarify, because this requires additional explanation.
    This area is very subjective, mostly due to what a person actually collects in this hobby and for what reasons.

Eye of the Tiger in above average condition is $1350, not $$$, so let us just eliminate that particularity.
    If it was extremely collectible it would 3-4X this value.
    This means that at minimum this game is supposedly $1500 in value according to the ad, but there is little reference to condition since it has been sitting for 18 years?
    Do all owners buy games for above market values that do not work?
    The answer is no.
    A few do out of reasons, I will explain below.

Eye of the Tiger is certainly rare at approximately 950 produced over the SS version (Sinbad) which had 11K units.
    EM version is estimated at $1350, the SS version roughly $700, meaning roughly twice the value.
    The value has increased over the past 5 years.
    I do not know what people believe is "very rare" today, but most long time collectors generally do not consider games with more than 250 units rare, even if the game is over 40 years old.
    This game is the same category as many other period games that have similar production if not lower production numbers as GTB Bank Shot (730 units) of the Sure Shot version of roughly 3,800 units.

What is VERY RARE in terms of this title is the SS version of Sinbad with a METAL CABINET which had less than 10 units.
    Most people do not even know this game had this version exists.
    Perhaps this is what was implied?

There are multiple games produced during the 1960s and 1970s that have for example add a ball versions to avoid the conditional beliefs of gambling that have much lower production numbers including GTB, and are considered more rare, but still not more collectible.

This is not an EM Mata Hari, or another transition SS solid game in terms of design at low volume.
    It was a production game that early production was transitioned to SS technology.
    Therefore it is only collectible to those that prefer this period of game from GTB, unless this game is a transition prototype, which is not based on the ad based on assessment of photos.

That is the game history.

If a person believes spending a non-negotiable $6K price (as was clearly specified), for one potentially $1350 game in unknown, non-working condition is acceptable, go for it.
    From my experience, I can tell you that person is going to lose, because 9 out 10 times, the games are incomplete, if they have been storage for over nearly 20 years, not considering condition.

#3973 7 years ago

I will make a historical data correction, as I have a new update on estimated production and values and some useful collector information:

Eye of the Tiger (2 Player, EM), 730 units, $1200
    Sinbad (4 Player, EM), 950 units, $1350
    Sinbad (4 Player, SS), 11K units, $700

What this means is currently Eye of the Tiger is worth less that the EM Sinbad version, and EotT prices dropped below the EM Sinbad version.
    Both EM games are still worth a little less than twice the SS version.

So why is a four player EM of the same game different than a two player EM with slightly different internals, reconfiguration, less parts, and a different backglass even though the production actually worth less money?
    Collector interest in this case.

All that this being pointed out in the update, is "Lower production does not necessarily make the game more valuable".
    It happens all the time.

What is most important is that an a potential buyers know the market, and the values of games based on trends and collectibility, not based on buyer estimates, which are normally bull$#!@ exclusively from online sources such as Ebay, and fudge things based on whatever they think they can get out of them. Even dealers "ride the wave" the same, but they are more apt to squat on titles until the right buyer comes along.

It a person wants something rare, nothing wrong with that.
    Be aware of other pitfalls dependent on titles such as PARTS and ASSEMBLIES, whether EM or SS.

I will give an example.

Right now, I am in the market to finish off my Ted Zale "zipper flipper" collection and continue to evaluate Nip-Its (Bally, 1973) for purchase.
    Many games I have evaluated simply do not measure up to the standards of prices that dealers want to sell them for overall.
    For this title for example, many games had their "Balligator" assemblies removed by operators as swap outs for games that were damaged or destroyed. They come up constantly, and this assembly is nearly impossible to find even in a parted out game.

I personally have no problem spending retail price (if I cannot get a game as an unrestored broker or warehouse deal), but only if the dealer provided a full shakedown of the restoration, based on the cosmetics of the game itself. This is equity. Some dealers are willing to work with collectors, and some are not. Some are inexperienced. Some are greedy. The best are know their trade and understand when a collector comes knocking they will ask questions and want photos. This last group is very small, and those that have been in the hobby for a long time know who they are.

If a dealer, owner or broker refuses to answer anything, walk away, unless you are close enough to personally inspect the game.
    In some cases they refuse this as well, which is a HUGE red flag, and happens more often during the "mom and pop" pinball dealers of market spikes.

5 months later
    #4778 6 years ago

"Ironic" for many reasons.
    (This was the only photo)

Ironic.jpgIronic.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=xtheblackknightx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.