New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 99830)

More Craigslist laughs.

By wayout440

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,561 posts
  • 902 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 minutes ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 201 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,479 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

chino (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20201027-074659 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20201027-074631 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20201027-074617 (resized).png
    indy (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.04.57 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20201021-100407_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    thehellbetson (resized).JPG
    whiffle (resized).JPG
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20201015-093135 (resized).png
    dpool (resized).jpg
    received_805018290263711 (resized).jpeg
    received_1492360290956130 (resized).jpeg
    received_773279330120981 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

I think you can ad this one to the list too.....CC for $2K .....um yeah, sure.

sacramento.craigslist.org link

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

yeah...absolutely no contact info, just an address to show up with cash

My sister lives out in CA and she forwarded that to me this morning asking if I wanted her to go look at it for me. I told her not to waste her time. If by some off chance it was a real ad, someone is going to get a hell of a deal!!

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from achtungboyy:

A guy here has benn selling Evel Kneivel for 2750 for 2 years now. Not in great shape.

Who is Benn? And why is he asking $2750 for an Evel Knevel?

4 months later
    #382 5 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

I just ran across this beauty...instead of linking it, I'll just put the text of the ad:
    Unique cocktail pinball.Fully electronic.Gottlieb produced:"NIGHT MOVES".GOTTLIEB was a premium pinball manufacturer; from 1927-1996.Extremely"RARE"!Made in 1989*ONLY.* Includes original advertising and owner manuals.Great*COLLECTOR*for the cave,or rec-room. Use as a money machine;or keep as an appreciating collectible.(Pricing in the thousands), is based on rarity and condition.As this is *NOT* a must-sell situation;terms and conditions are available.View in person;prior to sale.Highest personally*ACCEPTABLE*offer;takes it home.
    It has the all the hallmarks of a perfectly written ad. It includes words like "rare" and "collectible". It builds the hype by implying that this is worth "thousands" and will continue to appreciate. Finally, you have the "I don't need to sell it but if you make me a ridiculous offer, I will"...All it needs is a special bonus offer for calling within the next 10 minutes and an 800 number and he'd be all set.
    Dave

I saw this ad too and want to offer something like $198 and watch the insulting e-mail(s) fly.

3 weeks later
    #469 5 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Here's another one chicago.craigslist.org link
    This one is titled "custom pinball machine" and goes on to say that it's in great shape and is a domestic version. It's a Getaway...not sure what's "custom" about it. The ad doesn't say. He'd like to trade it for a car, truck, or SUV. Anyone have a "custom" car they'd like to trade? Maybe a 99 Sentra or an 92 Cavalier?
    Dave

I contacted him and asked him what he wanted price wise the first time he ran the ad. He replied make me an offer I can't refuse. I ignored him. He ran the ad again yesterday and I blindly responded with a $1000 offer. His reply was hahahahahahahahahahaha.........!!! , then he sent a second email saying he had offers of $1650 and $1800, if I offered more it was all mine. This time I replied that if he wanted me to make bids he should consider Ebay. Never heard back.

#470 5 years ago

Oh brother....here is a good one. Better than the arcade version!!!

madison.craigslist.org link

Sounds like a shit salesman with a hand full of samples

#485 5 years ago
    Quoted from tadowhere:

Yikes! There was one on Chicago CL very recently that was $900 and looked good. Seller never responded then gone, hope this isn't it :0

No, it is not the same one.

1 month later
    #765 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

KISS Pinball Machine 1979 Bally - price lowered - $3000 (Oakland)
    Kiss Pinball machine by Bally from 1979
    Machine is working, all original and in nice shape for it's age.
    Please don't hesitate to call text or email if you have any questions about the game. The machine is set up and able to be seen and play tested anytime.
    Asking $3000
    Motivated seller- looking to sell this weekend. First come first served no holds.
    detroit.craigslist.org link

I actually just threw an offer at this one....here is the reply:

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the offer but I have a sale pending as of today for my asking price of 3k.

Nicole

Um, yeah, sure. ASKING $3K and they offered the full $3K ?!?

#781 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I actually just threw an offer at this one....here is the reply:
    Hi Jack,
    Thank you for the offer but I have a sale pending as of today for my asking price of 3k.
    Nicole
    Um, yeah, sure. ASKING $3K and they offered the full $3K ?!?

Looks like the $3K buyer must have backed out.....ad is still up.

#814 5 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

How would he know someone is on Pinside, much less who they are on here? I don't think that has come up when I have bought through CL. Is he just naming random users?

Not random. I did email a low ass offer of $1200, but in my eyes that is what it was worth due to it's condition.

Whoever you are on the CL ad, have some balls and come here to fill your grievances. No one here is going to harm you.

1 month later
    #966 5 years ago

Instant arcade for only 6 Grand!

chicago.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
    #1021 5 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

More power to this guy if he can find someone willing to trade, and believe his values...
    And in case it's gone by time you see it, here's the text:
    Hello,
    Completely restored, upgraded,and. shopped pins with a ton of extra parts, labor and work put into them. Willing to trade both for an AC/DC pro:
    TMNT - new rottendog pwr supply, $250 in cointaker LEDs top and bottom and head, perfect backglass, perfectpl ayfield, body good, new rubbers, balls, locks, leg levelers, keg protectors, flipper and front assemblies rebuilt, many extra parts $1800 value pin with $400 in extra parts i am including also $2200 total value
    Stern 2001 Striker Xtreme - LEDs top and bottom, fully shopped, rebuilt assemblies, new drop targets, ball, stickers, rubbers, balls, legs, levelers, leg protectors, custom stern side rails, coin bix, key fob, relays, lane guides, etc. $2400 value $3950+ on ebay)
    Trade bith fir an AC/DC pro - currently 4200-4400 light home use only used avg.
    Anyone want to trad this dude?
    Dave

I saw that this morning and thought he may have been smoking a little too much of the medical marijuana. Striker Extreme is a god awful game and worth about $1500 TOPS with LEDS. I have never played a TMNT because I hate TMNT, so I have no clues as to how it plays.

He may get some responses, but not of the kind he is looking for. Chicago CL is ruthless.

6 months later
    #1673 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I asked a few questions and for pictures, this is part of his reply...
    ******************************************************************************************************
    Let's get something straight.
    At all costs I am avoiding the standard scumbag.
    If you want to buy a game you will make the deposit. It's a hundred bucks. If your spending $2k that should t be an issue.
    So, pay deposit and the game will be held for you.
    No haggle price. When you show up the posted price is the deal. If you don't buy it your out $100.
    I'm not posting pics so every 10 min the ad gets flagged I have to re upload. I have the text in an auto poster so if its flagged it just reloads in 10 min.
    Reply to this email and I'll send you 2 pics only. So choose wisely what titles you want to see.
    *******************************************************************************************************
    WTF pay $100.00 just to see the game weather you buy it or not!

Chuckles is now trying to pull the same sh*t on Ebay, check it out:
    ebay.com link » Arcade And Pinball Entire Collection

#1681 4 years ago

Ooooooh! All 5 balls!! Really!

$10K by Xmas

1 week later
    #1758 4 years ago

My guess the post is a parody of someone else trying to get free machines on CL. I think it is hilarious, others may find it offensive. Whatever the objective was, it seems to have worked because here we are sharing it and discussing it.

#1769 4 years ago
    Quoted from djhannu:

Yikes!
    waterloo.craigslist.org link
    "Have 6-7pinball machines some work.some don't lost my storage a 1@1/2 years ago..dint have no place for them to go so had to stay out side under big tarps..and in the mean time i had got sick...colon.cancer.. and it was winter time..so l could move them..and had no one that could..so they are still under the tarps...and make me sick every time i wall by them ..because..2 years ago was offered 2,800 and dint take it..i no there not worth that now..still worth something...so dont waist..MY TIME OK...THANK YOU... dont remember what all are..gorgar..sky jump.airport..soccer...torch ??p.s and no $500 for all will not work . and no the pinballs dint get wet or raind on "

This nut job was all over CL with this group of junk in 2014..... $2800 was a gift if he could have gotten that.

3 weeks later
    #1891 4 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Craigslist is always a crapshoot.
    Usually more "crap" than "shoot".

Every minor but significant omission, subtracts $100 from the price.
    Every repair subtracts $100 from price.

We have a guy right now on Portland CL, who on average has between 5-10 BS ads per day clogging up the system who is trying to buy cheap to "flip games", and I want to personally "chat" with him.
    TPJvRDM_(resized).png

How can it be minor and significant at the same time?

If I honestly missed something in a description as a seller, then I make the choice if something needs to be adjusted. Pull your $100 crap and I will show you the door.

Maybe in your chat you could talk to him about $100?

#1893 4 years ago

Straightforward answer, regarding the offsets of "minor but significant", although this may seem in contradiction.
    Some parts of pinball machines are criticaI to operation, some are not, you know that. TIger claw scratches on a cabinet is "minor but significant". Repairable of course. So is fading to a degree, dependent on the type of cabinet. A seller stating "superb cabinet" with these errors is an "omission", and could be a deal breaker.
    I would give said mentioned CL buyer a free project machine (and offered to do so) but said Portland CL ad poster is not looking for what he is "stating", it is deception. It came in the email response. I prefer not to give free money to "flippers".
    No problem, if you are unhappy, you never can please everyone.

But in dealing with people on an everyday basis, you can usually tell if someone is genuine or genuinely full of shit. If it's the latter, it is usually a deal breaker for me, I don't even want to renegotiate. What you and I find significant may not be to a novice who has never sold a machine before. Especially if you are at someones door to buy a TSPP for 2 grand, you are not going to start nitpicking $100 here or $100 there, that's being an asshole. I had a recent deal on a non working machine for $1200. I get there and the backbox is cracking off the baseboard on both sides, that was worth asking for a better deal. The broken plastics were never mentioned either, but as a non working sale, I took it for what it was. I got the machine for $1k because I asked what could we do, not demanding $100 for this or a $100 for that.

I had a Shrek for sale at one point and a buyer wanted $300 off for the cost for him to put LED's in. I told him that him wanting LEDs is not my fiscal responsibility. Made me not want to negotiate anything with him.

1 week later
    #1941 4 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Great way to start off the new year...
    atlanta.craigslist.org link

Good Ol Bob needs some photography lessons! I have never understood how someone can take a picture(backglass) like that, look at it, and think it is good enough for a sale ad. He might as well post a picture of a dirty wipe from his ass!

#1952 4 years ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

I don't think the pops will work like that lol

Those are not pop bumpers, just scoring bumpers.

#1961 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Another upset buyer. lol
    RE: Bally KISS Pinball - $2500
    "This wacko has been trying to sell this machine for 2 years. He has been as low as $1600 before he "fixed" the board and was trying to sell it for $2100 last year. Now he wants $2500? Check out the white paint on the playfield!
    Looks like you are keeping it for another 2 years!"

These guys have been at it for a while now. I think it is 2 guys that have an axe to grind with each other. I actually tried to buy this machine about 3 years ago, but the seller would never send pictures or return calls. I just gave up.

#1964 4 years ago

Actua

Quoted from Slim64:His name Scott? If so, he is on a couple of the same fb sale groups I'm in. He is....a little rough to work with lol

Actually, I think both guys are named Scott. The seller is in South Elgin and his nemesis is Scott in Algonquin. Yeah, the S. Elgin Scott(selling the KISS) is quite an interesting guy to try and deal with. When I called him about the KISS way back I actually thought he was the Scott from Algonquin. Nope, he made it very clear that they were separate people and he had harsh words for the other guy.

#1976 4 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

"i am asking $4,523, or best reasonable offer." Such an oddly specific and way outta ballpark price for this.
    "the machine comes stocked with five balls, as is recommended." Wow I wasn't sure that a game like this could play with anything else but glad he has the recommended balls in there.

He started at $5K to help pay for his new roof! I have a HUO one of these that I have coming up for sale, it will be under $3K. He will shit when he sees me list mine on CL.

#1999 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

No shasta or lunchmeats? I'm out

You are close enough to Woodman's , get your Shasta and lunch meats there! BTW, Shasta cola is a great mixer.

1 week later
    #2057 4 years ago

Check this one out from the Ft.Wayne flipper:

fortwayne.craigslist.org link

#2060 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I would, but it's gone now.

It said "Pinball repair needed for TFTC" $3800

It went something along the lines of:

I have this TFTC that has a problem I cannot figure out. I have swapped this and that. I have a another machine that uses the same boards, swapped them too and the problem is still there.....blah....blah....blah, please help.

Then it goes, when it is fixed, it's in really great shape and for sale for $3800!!!

I am willing to bet the seller is here on Pinside and saw his ad in the CL laughs and pulled the ad.

#2099 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Drop whatever you're doing....now you can finally upgrade your old worn ball, this guy's got a 1 1/16" chrome plated steel pinball for only 5 bucks. Where else are you gonna find a replacement ball? I envy the guy who gets this ball first, and pity all you other suckas who will have to keep your old, pitted ball to play with. And it's 5 dollars FIRM, no lowballers!! He's got mouths to feed! As the ad states, "well worth it!"
    delaware.craigslist.org link

He has just one chrome plate ball for sale?

#2166 4 years ago

No need to restore this machine, but you need to clean and wax that playfield.

Keep it clean, keep it waxed, and here you go.

http://www.pinrepair.com/

follow these guides and you will do just fine.

1 month later
    #2433 4 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Silver Slugger Baseball Pinball Machine by Gottlieb $2500 (St. Charles) pic
    stlouis.craigslist.org link
    Pics of 2 different machines too. one with wear above the red insert and one not.

Different drop targets too

#2440 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

space jam IS a 3g game folks

Um, how about $3K for a Shaq? Space Jam is a $5K game compared to that POS!

1 month later
    #2541 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

fair enough but here is his updated ad...evidently if you buy them all it will cost more than individual purchase...
    I have 5 pinball machines 1 bally amigo 1 Williams dealer choice works 90 % real clean 3 Gottlieb pinball machines one jack in the box and one jumping jack and one surf champ all will need some work on them to get them 100 % working so they are all projects but work some what just need contact cleaning.
    Surf champ $750.00
    Jack in the box $450.00
    Jumping jack $350.00
    Dealer choice $375.00
    Amigo $250.00
    Sell all for $2200.00 firm

I want to make sure I am not missing something here. If someone were to buy them all as a package deal, it costs them $25 more?

Man, the deals are getting tougher!

Nevermind

#2557 4 years ago

Seller smoking his own crack on Ebay.
    It does not matter how nice the game is or its "rarity", Spirit is not at this level yet.
    He is around $8k high, if everything is "perfect".
    If he included his motorcycle, it might be adequate.
    Cabinet looks shiny though, it was a repaint.
    ebay.com link » Gottlieb Spirit Pinball Machine

Read a little deeper, the cabinet is decals

2 months later
    #2852 4 years ago
    Quoted from wierdeer:

It's whatever... I offered her 700 would have payed more,not much more considering it needed repairs, and I would have needed to ship from Hawaii to Denver.which can be around a thousand dollars.
    1700 plus repairs and a shop job I would have barely got a good deal. if nothing else was wrong with it.pretty funny how judgmental Pinside members can be.
    I made the most reasonable offer I could let's remember her add said 400 I offered her more right of the bat and for this I am ridiculed,

I have turned down offers of more money because shipping was involved. I only ship if I absolutely have to.

That being said, I just read your other thread you posted. You are a total dick. She told you she was going to hold to selling it to the 1st person who responded. Then you come on Pinside looking for people to talk her out of it?

100% bullshit on your part. You didn't get a deal because someone was good enough to honor a deal already made. With all of your crying over it, you left out an important detail and that is how you are trying to fuck over the original responder.

#2854 4 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

You are very sensitive. I didn't realize anyone said anything out of line to you. If you are going to react like this when someone calls you out maybe pinside isn't the best place. This site has some very outspoken people on it. Sensitive people seem to get their feelings hurt. lol.

You said it all!

#2864 4 years ago
    Quoted from wierdeer:

Lol this is funny to me. people are assuming so many different things that happened from their computer screen..
    call me what you will. I'm not offended in any way. you people were not here.
    I didn't try to steal the deal. I came with a strong offer off the bat via email trying to solidify a sale. she told me she had someone else make an offer that was lower, told me it was hard to refuse my offer, thought about it and took the lower offer, I thought it was funny posted it, called her stupid which I guess offended some people here and you people freaked out. Attacked me and yeah I lost my cool...end of story! I'm over it and you all should be too!
    As far as pinside not the place for me you are not rite at all I love pinball and I've done nothing wrong so I will stay in this public forum reading and posting what I want you don't have to read what I post which hasn't been much at all. mostly showing off my pins and asking for tech help witch is the tits when people are being all Cool..... Have a good day folks I know I will.... Crying on the beach all day lol

You called her stupid for being an honest, stand up woman........ WTF am I missing here?

1 week later
    #2948 4 years ago
    Quoted from chucktee:

"Vintage condition"=we didn't do shit to it in terms of cleaning/repairs. We just plugged it into an outlet and hope it works enough for us to sell it.

I actually thought you were talking about the Valpo IN flipper.......my bad

2 weeks later
    #3020 4 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

"Appraised" at $2,400 but selling for $1,500? With that kind of fade and no play-field pictures? ... Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Shouldn't have made too much fun of this one. I just picked this one up. An older female couple owned this for 30 years. Yes it is faded, but the cabinet is rock solid. Backglass has minor imperfections, has an Alltek MPU in it, and it is a working game.

The $2400 appraisal was from the hack service person who had been repairing this. I certainly didn't pay the $1500, but this one wasn't really a laugher considering the value of these as-is.

This is a restoration machine for me and I may actually do a restore thread on this one.

1 month later
    #3182 4 years ago

I was thinking $149.50 just for parts until I saw the water damage and rust.
    Edit: just realized the head and the lower cabinet are two different machines. The fade doesn't match.

My thoughts exactly, 2 different machines.

4 weeks later
    #3281 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

I don't know who this is but I hate when I see stuff like this, flag this crap!

It's a couple of jerkos on Chicago CL that do not like each other. The seller is a flipper in the Elgin/South Elgin area.......don't know who the guy calling him assclown is. The seller seems to have a few "fans" as he has been flamed in the past.

1 week later
    #3299 4 years ago
    Quoted from Turtle:

Here's another good CL ad for your viewing pleasure:
    philadelphia.craigslist.org link
    Enjoy.

At that price, it won't Getaway.

1 week later
    #3337 4 years ago

Damn, I buy all the KISS machines I can, and I don't think I would pay $200 for that.

#3339 4 years ago

Wait, I've seen pictures of this machine before, like months ago in another topic perhaps.
    Edit: Found it. It was in this topic:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/64#post-3299811

I knew I had seen that machine before too! Guy must have bought off Ebay , got it home, and realized he had a pinball cabinet of junk!

#3356 4 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Update! Price is now listed. $2499
    kalamazoo.craigslist.org link

Let me fix that for you $24.99

2 weeks later
    #3382 3 years ago

And here is this one again. Now on Fleabay.

ebay.com link » Pinball Machine 1978 Bally Kiss

1 month later
    #3465 3 years ago
    Quoted from MeEtc:

HA! I saw this one pop into my inbox earlier today too. Its a re-skin of an early Bally SS, but which game?

Star Trek

3 weeks later
    #3535 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

you can be a savvy buyer & save $1000.00 below Ebay price

Yeah, but that is a great price on that machine!

1 week later
    #3557 3 years ago
    Quoted from Catalyze:

Sometimes you do all you can in life and someone keeps raining on your Craigslist parade:
    charlotte.craigslist.org link
    I wonder if the "loser" is the same guy who keeps posting the Gumball Machine Scam ad? Sorry....didn't mean to get all of you caught up in the drama in my state.

His ad states:
    "I will not answer emails asking if the item is still available. I will remove this post the minute it gets sold."

Everyone e-mail him!

#3586 3 years ago

This is funny! Someone else doesn't like the inflatable clown head guy on Chicago CL

1 week later
    #3627 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Scroll down below that. I found that ad doing a normal pinball search.

Covers about any search!

#3631 3 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Dickheadville and Loserville--how far is that from the United Center?

Dickheadville would be straight north of the U.C. and Loserville would be straight south of the U.C.

Your mileage may vary!

#3642 3 years ago
    Quoted from rockeeraccoon:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link
    a XXX video shoot with a pinball machine

Wish I was closer?!?

As long as I get to watch live on the set!

#3677 3 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Just saw this now. Not sure if it's been posted yet or not since I don't really follow this thread but...

That is frickin hilarious!

So who is the winner?

#3679 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Catching up:
    Re: Minneapolis pinball porn shoot: does the game have to be Ho Use Only?
    (Maybe I'll get more laffs with that one here than I did in the WI/MN thread!)
    !

#3695 3 years ago

It appears the "oscar" has been awarded.

#3698 3 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

If you find it again please embed it here so it won't get removed. I would like to know who the winner is.

I have no idea how embed it. It seems like it was flagged anyway. The winner was the guy with the inflatable clown for trade

4 weeks later
    #3763 3 years ago

$2K for that crap? About $1800 too high

#3769 3 years ago

If you follow Chicago CL you will understand.

#3784 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Looked at ad again & couldn't believe the price!! WTF Then looked at pics & saw chip on head, sure it's HUO.

I swear that back has been repainted

#3791 3 years ago

They know it doesn't even work!

2 weeks later
    #3858 3 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

This one makes it really easy to decide:
    ebay.com link » Pinball Machine
    It's a Simpson playfield, but supposedly 60s pinball machine. Let's make a poll on what this could be.

An april fool's joke?

#3890 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

This one is so odd. Touch a pecker for an HH?
    philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Well, you could pick up a fine street girl for a few bucks and bring her along to play pecker wrecker. And there you go, you have yourself a HH!

#3908 3 years ago

Here is one that has to be a joke or too many zeros

flint.craigslist.org link

#3945 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

WTH does this mean?
    Otherwise I enjoyed reading this one!

Nothing, other than an attempt at comic relief.

#3946 3 years ago

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Sure, after you humiliate one repair person, someone should come over and diagnose your machine for free. Here is your free diagnosis, it doesn't work.

1 month later
    #4062 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

This is an antique Evil Knievel, Bally made, pinball machine in excellent condition, and fully functional. It's main use has been as a display piece in my family living room. Comes with chord to plug machine into standard outlet. The machine contains single player as well as multi player mode.
    -Looking for 8,000 or best offer
    -SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY
    detroit.craigslist.org link
    for the crap home use game $800.00 would be 2X too much

But it comes with the chord to use in a standard outlet! And you can plug that chord in to play an $8K piece of shit!

That's like a used car salesman explaining that 4 tires and a steering wheel is standard equipment.

3 weeks later
    #4174 3 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

The text of this delusional guys ad is worth the read.
    Whatever you do don't offer him one penny less than $5000 for his broken project machines!
    cincinnati.craigslist.org link
    I love how people try to evaluate their junk based on the price it would actually worth if it was fully restored by you.

I think this seller lurks here on Pinside. I would love to hear more of his pricing theories.

This one is my favorite:
    "1985 Williams "Pinbot". Machine worked fine but in the course of playing it at one point it stopped triggering the pinbot head (you hit some targets and when all are down it triggers) So possibly a sensor/wire that needs replaced. Everyone on the PB forums seemed to think I was looking at a $5.00 fix. A couple of the lights at the bottom of the playfield are starting to raise. Some of the people I talked to said you can pressure set these back w/no issue, and others said you want to remove/replace so.. I dunno.
    Even in iffy condition these sell for over $3K"

Let's see, machine worked fine BUT......the pinbot head is broken. Probably a 5 buck fix. Hmmn? Also, the playfield inserts are lifting, but he talked to "some people" to get some advice about that and he just "dunno". A real expert here, right?

A real expert that I wouldn't waste $2500 on that lot of games.

#4181 3 years ago

The text of this delusional guys ad is worth the read.
    Whatever you do don't offer him one penny less than $5000 for his broken project machines!
    I love how people try to evaluate their junk based on the price it would actually worth if it was fully restored by you.

I couldn't resist to email him and show him some real world value on his prices. His reply is priceless

"Well,.. as I'm on a boring con call and your mail is soooo precious,. I'll reply.

This cracks me up.. No matter what it is, antiques, electronics, cars, games,.. There's always some monkeys in the gallery that think they're the smart ones and need to enlighten me.

The *ONLY* people who reply to CL ads like this, are either people who want the stuff and are too poor to afford it. ("Grrr.... the mean ol man wants too much money for the thing I want. I have an ill informed opinion and the internet,. I better mail him!") or flippers who aren't actually willing to do any real work to turn a profit "Awww.. I wanted to buy it for $20 and just sell it for $100 for doing nothing but this ASSHOLE wants $90 RIPOFF Whaaarblegarble!!!".

Sorry,.. the whole world isn't a handout line, some people are willing to pay more/do more than what you are. Hardly makes it my problem as I'm on the other side of that fence, I pay a fair cost, I do good work and I ask a fair price.

These prices are fair based on what *I* would get out of these machines if *I* shopped them and took them to shows, but I'm meticulous when it comes to this stuff. If you're going to just buy and re-sell w/no work, or shit-slap one overnight to "sell ready" then yeah, you're margins are going to be way low. Of course the difference between "Works good" and "Showroom new" is 25%+ in pricing and a premium over "Market Norm"
    Which is and has been the case with pins for as long as people have been shopping them.

Seriously though,.. you're just horribly ignorant of the market.

I've bought and sold over 25 pins at this point and I've always made a good profit and that's just with a diagnostic, cleanup, and some replaced rubbers. If I listened to people like you and the internet pricing DB's for pins I'd have made about 60% less overall.

Pins are largely an impulse buy, online stats are narrow (in most cases flat wrong), blind and only useful as the roughest of guides.

The pin I actually shopped out completely,.. I'm 100% sure you'd have told me it was impossible to get my asking price, (but I'm probably just magic or something). So I'll just stick with my methods thanks.

Worst case, I sit on them and keep them clean till I have time to refurb later and I'll absolutely get 10K out of them. Sell now, sell later, either way I'm good.

As an aside,.. of the tons of other illiterates with no reading comprehension who replied. There's already individual offers on the circus for $600 and $200 for alive, and $620 for Phoenix all sight unseen, so.. you're *obviously* a genius and authority when it comes to pricing pins.

You were right about one thing though Alive is shit, I might even take their offer on that one.

Thanks for being a champion of the internet and "cluing me in" though,..
    My wallet is REALLY glad that I don't listen to guys like you.

(I also sell pussy hurt cream,.. shall I put you down for a case?, sounds like you need it bad.)

And yeah,.. now you're on the mail block list so, don't bother replying."

#4190 3 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

"Pins are largely an impulse buy"
    No, no they're not.

Just another bullshit salesman with a handful of samples. The guy is completely delusional, but he has flipped 25 machines. I would really hate to be one of his 25 customers and the pure shit they have received as shopped out games.

Like he said, "I dunno".

#4214 3 years ago
    Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

I ran the add through google translate:
    For sale starlet pinball bingo machine of the year 1955 in perfect condition everything works only has some fondidas lights this complete brings your manual this model only 120 machines were made can check the price of it to see that there is no deception or receive offers, this machine Is valued at the price of $ 6000 to $ 12000 dollars

Can we have the Leon Spinks version, please!

#4219 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

Yeah, I am one of the "un-informed" that saw the Cinci CL ad last week for the 5k pile o' crap and decided to help him out. Knowing that he would never sell as a lot, I decided to shoot him an offer on Circus. Certainly not 600...I think I offered 200 knowing that ALL em restoration projects require replacing the transformer for a more efficient model.
    But alas, I failed to read his ad and he BLOCKED me. It has taken me a week to get over his shaming and be able to share my experience here
    Couldn't imagine separating that clown from his Circus anyway.
    1973 Bally "Circus", Same thing. This machine would power up, be playable and then after a while just die. I'm guessing it's the transformer and as it's the size of a car battery I imagine there's a much more efficient model out there that can be swapped that doesn't generate its own gravitational pull.

Haha! Looks like he has made friends on C.L.!

#4225 3 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I would but I don't want to be blocked if he drops his price to $4900

Now that's funny

#4232 3 years ago

This is hardly a documented home use only machine. His HUO "documentation" is a receipt from 2005 from someone who resold it to him and claimed that it is a home use only; The seller in 2005 wrote "home use only" on the receipt when he sold it to this person.

See, HUO was a thing in 2005!

2 weeks later
    #4281 3 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

I found another $4500 Kiss Pinball if you guys are still looking!!

The seller has been reposting that every 2 days for months now.

1 week later
    #4340 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

UP FOR SALE IS THIS REALLY COOL 60'S SUPERSTAR PINBALL MACHINE! PLEASE CALL AND LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR TIM AT 1-574-936-xxxx AND HE WILL CALL YOU BACK TO ANSWER ANY OF YOUR QUESTONS! I'M NOT EXCEPTING ANY TEXTS OR EMAILS!! PLEASE CALL THE NUMBER PROVIDED!
    >>>>>>>>>>ALL SCAMS WILL BE REPORTRED>>>>>>>>>>
    The horror of that cabinet, someone is going to spend a lot of time with a scraper to get all of those stickers off

Not for $1200 they are not!

#4358 3 years ago
    Quoted from playboywillis:

Ouch, a pinsider makes it into the Craigslist laughs thread...

I think the save $100 on all 3 is what get's him the honor. If I buy all 3 I sure as hell better save more than a lousy 100 bucks!

#4359 3 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

I hate to post this here because I'd really like to buy this pinball for $1500
    But I swear I remember the picture of this same pinball being posted before.
    Scam?

He was selling both a Fire and a P.O.T.O. at one time. I think he has lowered his price on POTO.

1 week later
    #4438 3 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

Actually I don't think that one's available anymore. A guy on the local facebook group said he got in a bidding war with other people lined up to buy it and he ended up giving $7,500 for it.

It was on the internet, it has to be true!

lo2fc (resized).jpg

#4450 3 years ago

I have had "buyer's remorse" after buying a game that I really wanted. However, I just wanted out of it for what I paid and maybe a few bucks($50) for my time.

I have also bought with full intentions of shopping and flipping. It's what the seller deems reasonable to accept for the machine. Haggling price is the art of negotiation, some are honest negotiators and some lie through their teeth. Pick and choose wisely. I sold a South Park for $1700, the guy had it on CL not 2 hours later for $2500. I didn't give a shit because he never told me what he was buying it for. Only thing that irked me is he used MY pictures! If he had told me that he was buying it for himself and did that, I would have reported him to C.L. I had my $1700 and I was good with that.

1 week later
    #4528 3 years ago

I am going to catch hell for this because this IS a pinsider and a local guy, but c'mon, how are the topper and manual that originally came with the game extras?

#4550 3 years ago

I asked if he meant $600 and not $6000

2 weeks later
    #4621 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I was talking about EM pin titles with SS pins made also and the prices that pinside for the most part has no estimated price. Seller is a little out there with this one.
    stlouis.craigslist.org link

Not as far fetched as it seems, that's a highly collectible and sought after version of Joker Poker

#4631 3 years ago

Warning: politically incorrect comment.
    You guys are missing the essential of this auction. The Girl comes with it .

I would think she would come with a Harley pin

1 month later
    #4821 3 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

Wow, that's funny. I actually own a CB Charlie which is the same layout as Star Explorer, just different artwork. Not worth anywhere near $1500, believe me.

Nor $150

2 weeks later
    #4864 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

This gem on E-bay which "NEEDS NEW RUBBER FOR FLAPPERS" has an asking price of $7500. The condition it is in it might be worth $75.
    ebay.com link » 1977 Evel Knievel Bally Pinball Machine Working
    I always wonder how people come up with these totally unrealistic prices. When I listed stuff on E-bay I did a search on what items like it sold for in the past and tried to stay within that range.

The ad says it is working. I sent a request for pictures of the machine actually working because I only see lights on and that's it. I can turn the headlights on, but if the engine doesn't run, it's NOT working!

1 week later
    #4918 2 years ago

This one is a head scratcher....

Fully restored , but you DON'T get a backglass?

#4931 2 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

1979 Bally's kiss pinball - $8300 (toledo)
    Games of this quality go for like 10000.00 I'm unloading it
    toledo.craigslist.org link

The stencil on the $8K plus machine is backwards on the right side!!

4 weeks later
    #5054 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

What the hell is that ad? The description is just ridiculous. Why would you even take the time to type that out? Sounds like a troll.

The ad is obviously satire at best.

1 week later
    3 weeks later
    #5205 2 years ago

Only $25,000, what a steal.
    losangeles.craigslist.org link

I see plenty of flaws on this flawless machine!

2 months later
    #5449 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jkush18:

After looking over the market place, Craigslist isn't the only place for laughs anymore!...GAP pinball...smh!

Way to troll there dude!

1 month later
    #5588 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

HUO only , really? With all the wear on both the coin slots, sure.

3 weeks later
    #5637 2 years ago

HUO only? Coin door skin is rippled at the lock(inside edge), bottom back of the cabinet is missing a chunk of wood, and cabinet needs touch up. Nice pictures of everything BUT the upper playfield.

Hmmmn, me thinks NOT!

1 month later
    #5709 2 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Condition "fair". I wonder how much it would be if it was "excellent"?

Condition "fair". I wonder how much it would be if it was "excellent"?

I wonder how much if it was Imamaculate?

1 month later
    #5785 2 years ago

Um, no, it's the LEAST desirable. Not even near Imamaculate.

1 month later
    #5910 2 years ago

Um yeah, good luck with those titles.....

3 weeks later
    #5955 1 year ago

The South Elgin flipper is out of hibernation? Haven't seen him with his overpriced junk in a while. $4500 Firm? Yeah, keep it with the wonderful paint job.

2 months later
    #6113 1 year ago

I am not so sure about "MINT" or "restored" and especially not "as original as possible". Looks like some time was spent on it, but it's FAR from mint.

3 months later
    #6278 1 year ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

toledo.craigslist.org link
    1979 Bally's kiss pinball. Professanlly restored to new condition. 38 years old run looks new. Had it shipped in from California last year, don't play it enough.
    it has led lights.black 2 piece cover with magnets . Games of this quality go for like 10000.00 I'm letting it go for a different toy

Who wants to let him know that the "professional restoration" has the stencil backwards on the right side of the cabinet?

7 months later
    #6777 10 months ago

Don't get me wrong, this is a nice machine. It's not a 9.9 as the seller states, but if your going to ask $4250 for a Bally KISS, you could at least shop it out and fix the ball/credit display. I believe this is the famous Valpo wipe job flipper in action.

1 month later
    #6892 9 months ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Understanding the humor of these three post by the same person. Glencoe is the richest city in the State of Illinois and the 10th in the country. Looks like someone needs to pay their rent.
    $5,000 Captain Fantastic
    $,2,500 Space Odyssey
    $2,200 Hang Glider - not working properly

Needs to sell ASAP! Not at those prices!

4 weeks later
    #6956 8 months ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

For once they do have the right to call this one rare.
    But, less than a 100 plays on a 40 year old machine... Yeah... I don't believe that. Where was it stored. Home use only was really not a thing in the 80s. Sure, sure... Some people did have pins in the home. Not like today though.
    But, its really only about 2,500 over priced. As a Spirit can go for 7-10k...
    This is a pin that plays decent. Looks amazing... But, I mean...Even if it was 4-5k... I don't think it would be worth that. Not when you can get so many better options and deeper playing pins cheaper.

It is possible. This area was home to many Gottlieb employees and higher ups. Who knows who has what in their basements.

#6960 8 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah somebody who really wants one will pony up, and thats what I told him too. Let the market do the talking. I'm with you though. I'd rather buy a ton of other games for that kind of money, but I get some people get off on having a statement piece. I have HH and BH so I'm set on my system 80 games forever

I have had all 3, Spirit & HH are gone, only desire is to keep BH.

#6963 8 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I lusted after a haunted house. It was a game that blew me away in my childhood. Finally got one and ehhh the gameplay is just not that great, is it? BH on the other hand is super fun. Now I'm torn, because I have so much nostalgia and love for HH and its just so damn cool, but its really not as fun to play for me. Plus it just looks great sitting next to black hole. I don't know, I hesitate to say its on the chopping block, but I'd maybe move on if the right trade came along. And Diospinball, I'm with you, it does look freakin awesome, I see why rich guys with space want one, but I'm poor and picky. Sorry, I hate that we're derailing this thread with system 80 talk now lol

Exact same here, had to have one, bought it, and I got bored of it quickly. The Black Hole is just a tough machine that gets fast. Multiball is not easy to come by either.

1 month later
    #7052 7 months ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s Ebay, but sounds like somebody got owned
    ebay.com link[quoted image]

This was easy to sniff out...has Kaneda written all over it.

3 weeks later
    #7094 6 months ago
    Quoted from SarverSystems:

This guy.... made me spit out the pepsi I was drinking.
    pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

I would have to assume about 98% of those have been long destroyed

#7111 6 months ago

Not craigslist, not pinball, but somewhat related and worth a laugh.

ebay.com link » 39 Arcade Games Joust Star Trek Gorf Tempest Star Wars Sinistar

#7117 6 months ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

this is his asking price and he is not willing to split or take less

Well, then he won't be selling it!

2 weeks later
    #7178 5 months ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Not sure why you would need a decal...a black sharpie can fix up that lettering real easy.

Is that with or without mylar after the sharpie touch-up?

#7179 5 months ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

kalamazoo.craigslist.org link
    *Adams* you too, can have a True collector quality with just a new decal. (see pic) right.

I never knew to be a true collector that decals were a necessity?

#7187 5 months ago
    Quoted from Don_C:

What is going on with that EK play field?
    Don C

That is some horrendous playfield touch up repairs. Playfield is ruined.

This is their quote on the Ebay listing:

"We are not your average collector or enthusiast, we are professionals with over 65 years combined experience between our technicians. We take pride in our work and only do the highest quality services and repairs to all of our arcade and pinball machines."

Must be blind professionals.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside