Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,861 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by joeaf
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I have always enjoyed this one:

Whitewater pinball (RESTORED) $7650
    chicago.craigslist.org link

Thanks for all the wonderful pics of this restored game at a super high price!

I swore his price did go down to $6750 at one point, not sure why he's decided to go back up $1k, especially since the ad has literally been up there for 2-1/2 years:
    http://bestofcraigpinball.blogspot.com/2014/01/keller-h20-is-back-price-lowered.html

While Keller "appears" to do similiar restoration as HEP, he's still asking too much. Clearly this owner overpaid and is going to wait his entire life to get what he paid for it.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

roanoke.craigslist.org link

(NOTE: This is heavy so I'll have to hire an extra hand to help deliver it.)

Storage units in the background for the win!

That playfield and backglass look good (backglass is usually roached in that title). A little cabinet paint and some metal polishing and that wedgehead would clean up nicely. I don't know about $2500, but I'd give that a go for $200 if it were working, but the whole (pinball sitting at storage so I can't plug it in, it's sold as-is) says it all.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Cash only, if you ask for my personal paypal and or mailing address information I will report you to homeland security for internet fraud.

Someone should dick with him, say you're from nigeria and you need this pinball right away, I can send paypal funds immediately
    "Call/text Charlie (540) 519-0662"

#101 9 years ago
    Quoted from u2sean:

he also lost all the paint on the backglass along with his interest

00202_7oZKYrHWwMv_600x450.jpg00202_7oZKYrHWwMv_600x450.jpg

No no, it's the start of a transparent pinball project, think of all the time he's saving you!

200709251307[1].jpg200709251307[1].jpg

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

a very rare artist sighed Star Trek The Next Generation pinball back glass framed cash only and have it sent for shipping fee

wow, that might win a pulitzer for worst ad. $2k for just signed backglass.. and I'm supposed to send cash in the mail expecting something in return?

1 month later
    #210 9 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Space Odyssey, only $4000

This is why there are so many estate sales with old EM pinballs. They hold onto them and don't budge on price, then send them to auction when they move and can't keep them where they're moving to. Not saying ALL pinballs (I'm picking up a nice sky jump next week for a steal), but MOST are out of their minds.

1 week later
    #237 9 years ago

Anyone want to trade a pinball machine for a dead guy's jackets?

Won't someone buy this X's and O's for $550 (that's sat on CL for over a year) that has no photos, but rest assured the backglass has some pealing? (didn't know glass rang like bells) And if you can find a cheaper pinball, then buy it!

#271 9 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

I sure hope this person is trolling but 1978 Playboy for $5000, "Price is not negotiable." Check out that beautiful playfield!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/banff-canmore/1978-playboy-pinball-machine/1034780099?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

His ad says "This machine is all original and has been serviced by SML Entertainment"

So.. it's not anywhere near original since he took a sander to it (or played it a gazillion times). And what do you suppose the service guy thought when he came to service it? "Wow, this guy is going to pay me $150 to do a small repair on a pinball that isn't worth much more than that?"

#288 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

In great shape, but not currently working (has run in the last few years, though

It worked before it broke

#306 9 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

There is a guy on the chicago ones offering to trade sump/battery back up systems for pins

There was a guy trying to trade snowblowers a couple years back for pinball
    http://bestofcraigpinball.blogspot.com/2012/11/snowblower-for-stern.html

#310 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I am interested in purchasing a used pinball machine, All electronics including led lights must work.
    I am disabled and am not interested in making any minor or major repairs in order for it to work.
    I am not interested in paying more than $500 for one either.

So is he going to expect the seller to drop it off and set it up for him too? If he's disabled, he might have a hard time just packing up a pinball. I think he's looking for a zizzle.

#331 9 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

All it needs is JUST A FUSE

You mean all it needs is a resettable breaker fuse so you can play the game for 5 seconds before the wire heats up.

#335 9 years ago
    Quoted from chrisjens2:

sandiego.craigslist.org link

I'm just gonna write that phone number for a future prank call.. (619)244-9234

"How much for the HUO twilight zone?"
    "$8k"
    "$8k?! good lord that's a lotta money. Listen, how much for just a flipper?"

1 week later
    #403 9 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Saw this one yesterday chicago.craigslist.org link

That ad has been up there at LEAST 2 months now. he's out of his mind if he thinks he's getting anything close to that, I sold my restored one with LED's and mods for $2500 at expo, and even at that price I think it may have been high (but the buyer agreed).

Post edited by toyotaboy: typo

#409 9 years ago
    Quoted from eeperjesi:

chambersburg.craigslist.org link

other than the flipper, it's in GREAT condition

What's up with that coinbox? Why does it say division national corp.. midwest port authority?
    coinbox1010.pngcoinbox1010.png

I also love when naive sellers are all proud they have spare bulbs, I try to be as nice as possible when I tell them "yea, those will probably go in the garbage, I intend to replace every bulb with LED".

#418 9 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-oeuvre-d-art/ouest-de-lile-qc/metallica-pinball-machine-needs-power-cord/1039707086?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

16-déc.-14
    $560

Metallica pinball machine-needs power cord, needs to go asap, cleaning out apartment after non paying tenant

514-364-6570

Phone number comes up with this:
    G Desjardins
    585 Rue Behrens
    Lasalle, QC H8R3E5

Also what about the Stern next to it on the right? Previous tenant must really not care about $10k in machines.

#430 9 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

How many of those home model games did they make?

A lot I believe. Pretty sure those even got sold through the sears catalog

#440 9 years ago
    Quoted from simplykind:

He strikes again! Not sure if I'd rather trade for this or the suit jackets..

Oh my GOD I hate that friggen guy! I especially hate the line " I am letting a few go on craigslist before I post them on eBay and let the world go crazy over them.". Umm, it's been at least 4 months there dude, maybe you should change your description instead of reposting because I think you've dragged it through craigslist long enough"

#453 9 years ago
    Quoted from eeperjesi:

chambersburg.craigslist.org link

It's not so much as a laugh, but I almost shed a tear for this playfield.

Perfect candidate to convert to fly high "neverending story":
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3974

1 week later
    #468 9 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

This one is titled "custom pinball machine" and goes on to say that it's in great shape and is a domestic version. It's a Getaway...not sure what's "custom" about it

yea I didn't get this ad either. I also like the barrage of "WTB ads are ripoff!" posts. The WTB ads that say "I'll buy anything from early 80's to present", yes.. that's quite likely a flipper looking to buy anything cheap and resell it (though could just be a guy that restores pins that doesn't care what it is). Some WTB ads are quite legitimate, especially when they specify a few titles they're interested in. I've gotten 2 pins this way and worked out well.

#474 9 years ago
    Quoted from Overphase:

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

I'm hoping the price is a typo.

that ad has been up a couple times before, so either it's a typo and nobody has bothered to tell him to correct it, or it's not a typo and the seller is out of his mind.

I should email him "Would you take $16k?"
    "Yes"
    "That's nice, good luck finding someone who'd pay you that much for a baywatch"

Hell, even david hasselhoff's personal HUO baywatch only sold for $4k
    http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/120/lot/51469/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Findividual-lots%2F%3Fpage%3D1%26key%3Ddavid%2Bhasselhoff

2 weeks later
    #527 9 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

oh wait, I found a better one, and it's "Local pick-up only" too.

ebay.com link » 1980 Gottlieb Roller Disco Pinball Machine Best In World Grc Restoration

GRC is always priced pretty high, though not if you think about how much time they put into their pins. Of course why you'd put that much effort into something like a roller disco is beyond me.

Also most of the time they list high (like many other retailers) and they wait to see the best offer they get (most people don't pay what they're asking).

1 week later
    #573 9 years ago
    Quoted from taimaster2005:

A custom pinball machine table? What a waste of a classic, 2 level PF game!

Jungle GOOD-LORD that's hideous!

#597 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Here is a chance for someone with strong arms and a strong stomach to get a MM pretty cheap.

That... would almost be worth it (if indeed the ad was real)

2 weeks later
    #741 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

For sale: original pac-man arcade game, great condition no lowballers please

pfft, missing a bezel and the bulb in the marquee is burned out

1 week later
    #789 9 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

This is right in my town too. Blackwater not even working correctly for $3000. Where do people get these prices?

Vintage 1988 Bally Midway Blackwater 100 Pinball Machine $3000

I saw that too. A working BW100 is probably worth $1500. But ask $3k with sound issues and lamps out (which could be a bulb, could be a bad socket, could be a short in the wiring which could take hours to troubleshoot), not to mention he couldn't have taken photos in a darker room. There are some clueless people out there for sure.

3 weeks later
    #933 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Cool Bally pinball with the Bobby Ore hockey theme. Plays really fun. Back glass is near perfect. Playfield is worn

power play has a pretty nice layout for it's time. For about $300 I'd probably take a chance and retheme it.

2 weeks later
    #971 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

no camera but mine looks like this but with a coin mech

how does anyone in this day and age not have a camera? smartphones have had cameras for at least 5 years, and digital cameras can be bought for less than $40. If you don't own either you have no business owning a pinball (or asking $2500 for that title)

3 weeks later
    #1036 8 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

I'd trade for a pinball if I had that too. Good luck to him!

Oh chicago has that beat, this guy wants to trade carpet padding for a pinball:

Or perhaps a 1995 buick riveria with a bad transmission, a flat tire with 130k miles?

2 weeks later
    #1068 8 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

HUO King Kool: $6200.

Pretty sure the owner doesn't know how to take the glass off.

denver.craigslist.org link

don't forget to mention, he also has a crappy toy "state fair" pinball for sale for only $425

1 month later
    1 week later
    #1138 8 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

phoenix.craigslist.org link

Street Fighter II pinball - $2727

Who in their right mind would play 5,000 hours of street fighter pinball, seriously?

#1140 8 years ago

"Now buying pinballs"
    quadcities.craigslist.org link

Oh thank god, I've been looking for someone to buy my used pinballs, there doesn't seem to be anyone who wants them
    pinballs.jpgpinballs.jpg

#1149 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tanooki:

Anyone note this one yet? I'm amused by the price and the spelled out reason for it.
    cincinnati.craigslist.org link

"This machine is very rare and was made only in 1983"
    How long do people think pinball machines are manufactured? Before Stern started running vault editions, 3-6 months tops.

#1161 8 years ago

$1900 for a bingo machine. Hurry and make an appointment before this gets away!

#1166 8 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Need an AFM jacket? Be the envy of all your pinhead friends. Only $325 (almost the price of a color DMD)

That's actually sort of neat (never worn I call BS), but cool, just not quite $325 cool. If you were a die-hard fan of the game..
    AFM-jacket.jpgAFM-jacket.jpg

1 week later
    #1176 8 years ago
    Quoted from fanta:

The price its what needs adjustments lol...

$4300
    Williams High Speed Pinball Machine

A high speed AND a getaway teamed up, both working not needing adjustments probably still wouldn't quite be worth $4300. Where do these people come up with these prices? He must be looking at ebay prices.. oh wait no, that's his same pinball on ebay
    ebay.com link: Williams HIGH SPEED Collector Classic Arcade Pinball Machine

#1182 8 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

This guy listed this for $1975, then a couple weeks later for $1950, then $1900. It looks nice but at this rate it's gonna be a while before it sells!

well, at least he's adjusting his price (albeit a slow one). You should see the crap on chicago craigslist that never budges. This guy has been trying to sell a atom jet (effectively a tabletop pachinko machine) for $800 for 3 years now, never adjusted his price

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5146

#1197 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ring-Them-Bells:

I'm about to flag every "VINTAGE Japanese Pinball" post.

I'm about to flag everytime I see one of those cheap $20 baseball games tagged as "pinball"
    pinball-baseball-2[1].jpegpinball-baseball-2[1].jpeg

1 week later
    #1209 8 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

"Old Chicago has one of the highest player ratings on the pinball database"
    Yet, it's number 168 in the top EM list.

2 weeks later
    #1266 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

And this link showed up when I viewed the link you posted:

ebay.com link » Kiss Bally 1978 Pinball Machine One Of A Kind Coffee Table

at least they built the table separately and didn't destroy a bally cabinet. The playfield is still usable (I hope)

#1271 8 years ago
    Quoted from WIZ:

I feel sorry for the poor sucker that buys this.

I played Gilligan at a show last year, I was really hoping for it to be decent. Man this game just isn't fun.

#1286 8 years ago

I really wish I understood this guy's logic. Been trying to sell this crappy "pinball" machine for 3-4 years now, wanted $800 firm the entire time. Can't sell it at $800, now he wants $1k? If.... nobody wanted to buy it at $800, what makes you think they'd want it for a thousand.. just wondering

#1294 8 years ago
    Quoted from KennyL:

What did that used to be, a Black Knight?

No, Jungle Lord. It showed up on facebook about a week ago, and honestly if it were a complete and working playfield I'd totally buy it. $300 for artwork to hang on my wall, no thanks.

#1305 8 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

but for $30.00 I could live with the painted cabinet

looks like a clean playfield

#1318 8 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

Jeez! if your going to place them a bit to high in price, at least turn them on and puts some light in the room

Freddy isn't far off (maybe $500-$800 high), but I agree.. Take at least a couple photos of it in attract mode.

2 weeks later
    #1416 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Some playfield wear. Would be true if Grand Lizzard had no playfield art.

Jesse Trueblood, AKA pincades.

#1426 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Talk about striking while the iron is hot

He also has a $4,000 price tag on the coin door with a lockbar hole on each side. Ya know, in case a friend comes over and plays his rare pin and wants to know what it's worth

#1446 8 years ago

Unique cocktail pinball.Fully electronic.Gottlieb produced:"NIGHT MOVES".GOTTLIEB was a premium pinball manufacturer; from 1927-1996.Extremely"RARE"!Made in 1989*ONLY.* Includes original advertising and owner manuals.Great*COLLECTOR*for the cave,or rec-room. Use as a money machine;or keep as an appreciating collectible.(Pricing in the thousands), is based on rarity and condition.As this is *NOT* a must-sell situation;terms and conditions are available.View in person;prior to sale.Highest personally*ACCEPTABLE*offer;takes it home.

Wow, I am so impressed.. Rare, ONLY made in 1989 out of the 69 years gottlieb was around, and I can use as a money machine (ya know, because people are clamoring to play a cocktail pinball on location), and is a collectible worth thousands :-0

1 week later
    #1481 8 years ago

I have no lights or flash on my camera, squint and you might see the playfield

#1500 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

Original looney tunes Bugs Bunny birthday pinball machine. Due for its tune up this year which we will pay for before sale. Just don't use it anymore. Moved to Florida where there is not room for it. $4700 (yes, you read that correctly)

If I had to guess, I'd wager that is what they overpaid for it. Never has this title ever publically sold for more than $3k.
    Price guide reality is a cruel b*tch

1 week later
    #1532 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Williams Spanish Eyes, only off about $1,800

I'm asking $2100, I'll likely take $250. Works good, except for the coin door lock because there is none.

#1543 8 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

This person insist upon calling their back glasses ... "pinball fronts"

I'd say his flash pinball front is worthless
    flash_trashed.jpgflash_trashed.jpg

1 week later
    #1567 8 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Check this out! If this playfield is in awesome shape, than my games are a whole lot nicer than I thought!!
    cleveland.craigslist.org link

Ugh, I've seen less planking on a pirate ship. Also it's clear he did a shitty job of touching up the playfield. The original was pink not purple, and he didn't even do a good job of masking (it's dripping on the bottom edge)
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=590&picno=6138

Oh and let's do our own creative cabinet touchup that isn't the original
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=590&picno=21478

#1570 8 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Here is another that just seems a bit high

bgky.craigslist.org link

It's not "terrible", but it is a flat playfield and a home model (not to mention alphanumeric display). It's a great theme, it's a shame it couldn't be closer to whirlwind quality (in music, rules, features). I couldn't see paying much more than $600 for it.

#1578 8 years ago

slightly off topic.. how often do you get people replying to your craigslist ad (which clearly shows what town you're from, with a map next to it in case you're too lazy to look it up on google), and the first question they ask "what area are you from?"

#1587 8 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

thank God no ones botched any of the boards in this wood rail!!!

I think he's calling the playfield a "board". Also his date is off by a couple years
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2390

#1591 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Anyone from Naperville, Huntley, Griffith, Algonquin

Huntley: Either the rock island guy, or the former no limit arcade guy that flips pins for ridiculous prices on ebay that sit for 6 months to a year until a sucker buys them
    ebay.com link: usr

Griffith: we all know who this is, though he hasn't been selling as many lately

Any ad I see with a photo of a bunch of pinballs sitting in a warehouse or workshop, and they want to buy any pinball you have for sale (collectors are picky, resellers aren't), I flag it. If you're a commercial business, then state that. Don't claim to be just another collector looking for a pinball to add to it, because you're not.

#1602 8 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

This $50 Xenon has me intrigued. Seems the parts alone would be worth that...

nh.craigslist.org link

For $50 how can you go wrong? I bet that cleans up nice, you should already be in the car

#1612 8 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

Ok, not a pinball machine but this one is great:

Double motorcycle arcade game 4000 skeet ball machine 1500
    wilmington.craigslist.org link

wilmington.craigslist.org link

Just wow. $4k for a clearly barn stored arcade game that has rusty metal bases where the paint chipped off (who knows if it even works). Also I'm guessing that since the coin door is open, there's probably rat feces inside (possibly chewed wires). That guy is either going to get a clue quickly, or he'll be sitting on that ad for a long time.

#1637 8 years ago
    Quoted from seeburg220:

This may just take the cake....$8k for a Roller Disco. Barf. How this guy stays in business, I have no idea. All of his stuff is beyond any reasonable retail.

Pretty sure he settles a lower price, hence why all his auctions have a "make offer". I like gameroom collectibles youtube channel, but I doubt I could afford any of their pins.

#1644 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

"For $500 bucks it will look great just lit up in your man cave, even though it does not work"

heh!
    "Very cool thing to have tho, even with the ball being jammed just plugging it in & having an all lit up pinball machine in your basement is something hardly anyone can say that they have"

Man, I wish I was one of those cool people that had a lit up pinball machine in my basement, even if it doesn't work! Hardly anyone can say they have that.

#1665 8 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

I will add the little disco ball and lighting seen on the top of that "other" Roller Disco for another $200, making it $2399. Here is a video of how nice ours is!

Ok truth time.. are you guys really fighting, or is it just friendly jabbing? GRC comes off as wanting to slash your tires, you come off as "ha ha, nice prices, how about you check out our lower prices, and we DO use new parts"

#1666 8 years ago

So specific!
    madison.craigslist.org link

"Pinball machines wanted, parts , as well as parts games. Let me know what you have and the name of your machine. Cash paid for these and they can be from year 1935 and up."

Translation: I'll take pretty much any pinball machine or pinball related item in any condition.. Unless it's pre world war II bagatelle, then I get picky

#1672 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Any cabinet collectors here?

bham.craigslist.org link

Pair it with this:
    ebay.com link: Bally EIGHT BALL DELUXE Pinball Fully Populated Playfield WORKING 100 PLUG PLAY

Buy a winumf board, find a power supply and a backglass and you're all set. You might be in the hole by a thousand dollars at the end.

#1687 8 years ago
    Quoted from joekiss:

I would like one of these games...stlouis.craigslist.org link

"I CAN SEND BETTER PICTURES IF INTERESTED, I PLAN TO LOAD BETTER ONES LATER"

why are people in such a rush to post an ad? What is the point in posting a pinball with horrible blurry photos and a high price? Not like you're going to get people banging down your door to buy it.

#1715 8 years ago

"This is a 1972 era Gottlieb Wildlife Pin Ball Machine in good working condition. The machine will reset to 1 or 2 players but will not light up for credits. The glass covering the playing area was lost in its recent move. The only thing wrong I see is 1 spring direction control is not sitting in the right place" $1995
    00707_9zadqepIunA_600x450[1].jpg00707_9zadqepIunA_600x450[1].jpg

Who are these people?
    "My pinball machine has issues, has no playfield glass (so likely very dirty playfield), but hey wont' you give me top dollar?"
    Also "good working condition" seems to contradict the rest of the description. I'm willing to bet the steel backbox cover is missing too (not just removed for photos).

#1725 8 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

lexington.craigslist.org link
    "It's a Christmas miracle!!!! You've been looking for that special gift for that special someone, look no further. Here's your chance to own your very own WORKING Doodle Bug pinball machine!!! That's right, I said a "working Doodle Bug" pinball machine. Read that last statement again to make sure that your eyes aren't deceiving you. This classic beauty from the early 1970's needs a new home...yours! Don't wait and get Scrooged. Buy this machine or you'll be crying tears of regret all winter."
    There you go folks... for a mere $800 all your Christmas wishes come true!

And it's not even shopped, it's currently being routed at a dry cleaners and you only get to test it out if you're polite :-0

#1731 8 years ago

Bally Orr powerplay, playfield wear in sections, only $3500

#1741 8 years ago

quite possibly the highest price I've ever seen for an Alive machine

1 week later
    #1770 8 years ago
    Quoted from Overphase:

Yikes!

waterloo.craigslist.org link

"Have 6-7pinball machines some work.some don't lost my storage a 1@1/2 years ago..dint have no place for them to go so had to stay out side under big tarps..and in the mean time i had got sick...colon.cancer.. and it was winter time..so l could move them..and had no one that could..so they are still under the tarps...and make me sick every time i wall by them ..because..2 years ago was offered 2,800 and dint take it..i no there not worth that now..still worth something...so dont waist..MY TIME OK...THANK YOU... dont remember what all are..gorgar..sky jump.airport..soccer...torch ??p.s and no $500 for all will not work . and no the pinballs dint get wet or raind on "

that's a joke, right? Please tell me that's a joke and this person isn't that uneducated and ignorant.

#1783 8 years ago

Is bally rolling stones really up there with Bally KISS money?

1 week later
    #1818 8 years ago
    Quoted from aalucero:

paid $7000 ea haha

Sure he did... And if he did, why would he admit he's that dumb?

#1832 8 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

PayPal is excepted

If paypal is excepted, then how shall I pay? Also nice catch on the rendering, how dumb does this person think people are? Maybe he doesn't even understand the concept of 3d rendering, found the image on a google search, and thought to himself "ooh, that looks very clean, I use this photo"

1 week later
    #1914 8 years ago
    Quoted from DPhillips1965:

7k - 10k with a new fuse huh?
    I suppose they don't call him The King for nothing...lol.

houston.craigslist.org link

"Est value $1500-$2500 or $7500-$10K restored.. For a brunswick Alive pinball"

Wow.. Where do these people pluck these prices from? The magic apple tree?

#1917 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

PDX CL stupidity continues.
    It's a "Heavy Metal Meltdown" of insanity.
    "Give me your money" (BK2K) is very appropriate for this ad.

portland.craigslist.org link

Sheesh, I thought people in portland were friendlier than that. Looks like this is the business in question:
    http://www.portlandpinballrepair.com

#1920 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

this IS why many collectors have left CL altogether in the area

At least you're not this person:

719d190a568159ed8f80f2deb5997392[1]_(resized).png719d190a568159ed8f80f2deb5997392[1]_(resized).png

#1944 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bbismuth:

Yeah, what's up with Chicago?!
    I took it off my search. Never anything remotely reasonable.

There's a lot of flippers messing up the market. Honestly the last 4 pins I've bought were from pinsiders.

#1968 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these in the $2500-3000 range??

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

$2,000-$2500 range I'd say. Clearly this guy is hedging his bets that a star wars fan (with the new movie out) is going want it badly enough to pay close to that and the buyer will profit from it. Same thing happened when the blackhawks won last year, guy was trying to sell his Bally Orr pinball (with playfield wear) for $4k.

#1998 8 years ago
    Quoted from Freeplay40:

He's baaaaaack...with new menu items..

spokane.craigslist.org link

No shasta or lunchmeats? I'm out

#2028 8 years ago
    Quoted from KennyL:

I've never heard of the pin "arcade pinball machine" and IPDB is not showing anything. Help? Anyone?

If it's going on ebay for 2500-3500, it's gotta be a sweet machine. I'm gonna guess the extra parts is a rubber kit he still hasn't installed yet, and a box of spare incandescent bulbs

2 weeks later
    #2138 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Don't forget taxes will be added. Would you throw in a bag to cover that hideous backglass?
    dayton.craigslist.org link

backglass doesn't look terrible for the title it is, and he has to charge tax because it's clearly a retail business. He doesn't however need to charge 4x the price it's worth.

#2178 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

kiss pinball machine by bally - $4000

Hi I have a very nice Kiss Pinball Machine by Bally. Its in excellent condition. Every thing works amazing. Asking $4000. I will also consider some trades. We are Interested in A Walking Dead Pro, Metallica Pro, Twilight Zone, and Mid Evil Madness. Thank You

detroit.craigslist.org link

Why doesn't he just ask to trade the crappy old bally game for the modern Stern kiss while he's at it? Clearly he keeps up with the latest pinball releases.

#2187 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

I told them the HUO and fully shopped would be worth more than one that sat up in the playboy club getting banged around with drinks spilled on it

I love people that can't spell in ads (without a dought?) he meant doubt, but dought is manhood so I guess it's without manhood? Any of the 3 playboy pinballs are a hard sell because many collectors have kids and the wives aren't real keen about having any of those titles in the house.

#2193 8 years ago
    Quoted from helicopter:

Apparently, BTTF is worth a lot more than I thought. When you use the cubs winning the world series as your sales pitch you know you're really pushing it.

I emailed this guy, asked why he's selling in 2 cities 5 hours apart:
    stlouis.craigslist.org link

#2209 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

"Asking only $3,350. Great deal considering the price on other Data East machines currently on CL."

Well hey, that's all the confirmation I need. I'm buying that sucker right now!

I bought LW3 3 years ago for $1100, flipped it for $1200 and broke even. That guy is going to be waiting a while to even get a response much less a serious offer.

1 week later
    #2316 8 years ago

anyone read mr pinball classifieds this morning?

Evel Knevel Home Model, 1977 Bally: 2000
    Beautiful machine. Works all the way and is in immaculate shape. Very rare home model without a coin door and slightly smaller than a normal pin. Believed that Bally only made 50 or so of these due to Evel having some bad publicity right at the time of production and they ceased building them. This one is simply gorgeous. Has one wear spot in front of the slingshot. Call, email or text.

Now evel knievel home model is rare and worth 2k? Also BS about both them only making 50 home models, if that were the case I wouldn't see them every month on craigslist.

1 week later
    #2382 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Is this guy insane?

Pinball-Machine-Back-To-The-Future-Holy-Grail-Of-Pinballs-Coinop-Mike-J-Fox

ebay.com link

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/back-to-the-future-holy-grail-of-pinballs

1 week later
    #2446 8 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

motivated seller

sarasota.craigslist.org link

Some of the descriptions on CL just make me laugh. What does that even mean? That he's not just fishing to see if someone might be interested in buying them? Clearly if he's got that many pins listed with high prices, he's a dealer, and EVERY dealer is motivated to sell, that's what they do.

#2454 8 years ago

"Gladiator one is worth 8,000. It is in great condition, all lights and actions work. Vintage pinball that can we played with by kids without being damaged

Dirty Harry is 5,000 because one of the 4 flippers doesn't work(2 upper and two lower). It also has one spot that we blocked off cuz the ball gets stuck. Still works great and would only be a couple bucks to fix those two things. Has the gun handle as a ball shooter and is really detailed

open to negotiation but cash only"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what a deal, he knocked some of the price off dirty harry because there's a flipper issue. Where are these people getting these prices? seriously!

#2467 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Now they are up on ebay. 10k starting bid.

ebay.com link » Pinball Machines

No, $6k starting bid, and it's for both machines now. Zero feedback too. He lives in the next town from me, I should stop by his house and slap some sense into him.

#2478 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Copied for posterity:

Hand crafted pinball machine - $2900

One of a kind hand crafted pinball machine u will not find another one like this serious buyers only

that's neat.. Not $2900 neat, but neat.

1 week later
    #2498 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, $6k starting bid, and it's for both machines now. Zero feedback too. He lives in the next town from me, I should stop by his house and slap some sense into him.

This sale escalated quickly.. He's already down to $3700 for both machines (gladiator and dirty harry). Still a little high, but if he adjusted his pricing that quick, wonder what he would really take for either

"Gladiator is in perfect condition. All lights and actions work and colors are still great. Worth $1,500

Dirty Harry pinball machine could bring 3,000 easy but one flipper(1of 4) and action are broken. I got it looked at by a restoration company and it is only a 250 dollar fix. Id rather try to sell it than fix it. Selling it for $2,200

Open to negotiation on both prices but only cash offers "

#2500 8 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

this was just too "WTF" funny

"Since storage the MPU has acid damage and no longer works. Hate to part with but I have enough on my plate"

Wow, $4k STARTING bid for an unshopped centaur with CPU damage. In the history of the pinball price guide, a centaur has never sold for more than $4,300 and I would imagine it would be a really nice one.

#2510 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

how do you have wear already on a 2014 pin?

AMH has a lot of ball pops, I have divoting on my playfield.

2 weeks later
    #2544 8 years ago

$950 taxi sounds like a great deal...

Playfield is worn see pics."
    Works good but one pop bumper doesn't pop and the contacts on a couple of the drop down targets need to be cleaned"

Looking closely at the playfield, either it's water logged (there's spots on the glass), or someone pulled the mylar and left all the residue behind (and took part of the paint with it). Possibly a good project, potentially a LOT of work.

1 month later
    #2662 7 years ago

$400 for a working target alpha, good price.. but

The bad:
    No legs, no leg bolts, no head bolts, no keys (both head and coin door are locked), no manual.

The medium:
    Untested, but can't imagine that it works.

The good:
    Considering prices of pins these days, this is cheap!

Asking $400 or best reasonable offer.

So in other words, I plugged it in and it didn't do anything. Even if I knew what I was doing, I have no keys to get inside (nor will you). But hey, this is cheap since everyone else is asking a lot of money.

1 week later
    #2731 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Price is fair nice playfield but the way they folded the head is awsome. They folded it with the head bolts in!

Yea.. $510 would be worth a gamble based on the condition of everything else. wouldn't be a big deal to cut a new piece of wood and drill 4 holes and glue it in.

Quoted from EvanDickson:

I can't believe no one has yet posted a question to the auction like "Why in gods name did you tear the head off the cabinet instead of just removing the bolts?"

Description says they didn't have the keys, hence you can't access the bolts. Of course replacing a $3 lock is a little easier than replacing a chunk of wood. Not like the coinbox has a lock either.

1 week later
    #2797 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballsmith:

You can bash GRC all you want, but don't bring Ray into the spotlight for the GRC marketing stuff. That's not his gig or ever has been.

Biggest reason I started watching that GRC channel was for ray's tech tips.. then mike claimed they took too long to produce (you're literally pointing a camera at a tech working on pinball machines and uploading to youtube). Now most of the videos are whatever they're selling, whether it be a machine or parts they're tired of hanging around in the back.. Or videos of them destroying jukeboxes and pinball machine cabinets next to a dumpster after they've parted out all the guts (but first painting profanity all over it). I'm surprised Ray doesn't just do tech calls from his house and skip the retail front, it's so much overhead and rarely works out (with the exception of TNT because they do minimal work, do lots of volume, and they also host parties and rent out games).

#2803 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

really intensely talked down about it all not only as a business but as a hobby while usually collectors at other pickups really talk up this great hobby of ours

I remember when they were shopping out a taxi, and talking about how the customer cheaped out on repro plastics or something.. and that if you really add up the hours they're getting paid like $10/hour and it doesn't pay the bills. Well yea.. that's because most people just want a "pretty good shopped" pinball. Those that want a nicer restoration go to HEP, where spending $10k for a pinball (even if it's a whirlwind) is worth it because it looks better than factory new. Don't get me wrong, GRC does a good job, but they're just a notch above TNT.

It's a tough business, if it's a business at all restoring pins.. There's far more money in fixing problems. Even if you sort of know what you're doing, most of us get stumped on some projects.

3 weeks later
    #3000 7 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

kalamazoo.craigslist.org link

Hold on to your seat

well... if it's truly 200 plays, and he's "asking for $8500".. If I had the means, I'd probably make him a serious offer of $4-5k. Nearly every bk2k I've seen in person has been played to death, and for good reason.

#3014 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

What's this then? Another pinball ransom?! Someone save this pin, before it's too late.

vancouver.craigslist.ca link

HURRY! it's in Surrey!

1 week later
    #3042 7 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

Also think they are too many WTB ads

I'm ok with WTB ads if they are looking for something specific (even 2-3 titles) rather than waiting for a grail pin to just pop up. Just placing a "I'll buy any pinball you have for sale" is clearly someone looking to buy a pin and flip it.

11 months later
    #4339 6 years ago

UP FOR SALE IS THIS REALLY COOL 60'S SUPERSTAR PINBALL MACHINE! PLEASE CALL AND LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR TIM AT 1-574-936-xxxx AND HE WILL CALL YOU BACK TO ANSWER ANY OF YOUR QUESTONS! I'M NOT EXCEPTING ANY TEXTS OR EMAILS!! PLEASE CALL THE NUMBER PROVIDED!
    >>>>>>>>>>ALL SCAMS WILL BE REPORTRED>>>>>>>>>>

The horror of that cabinet, someone is going to spend a lot of time with a scraper to get all of those stickers off

00303_4siNYMdNoJm_1200x900 (resized).jpg00303_4siNYMdNoJm_1200x900 (resized).jpg

6 months later
    #5222 6 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Found this gem.

Quoted from darcangeloel:

Yum they sprayed the switches with WD-40... wtf?

Quoted from AUKraut:

Mineral Oil on the Playfield??

Hey hey now! He said KNOW haters. He spent a lot of time cleaning the rubber bands with dawn detergent.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.