5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,700 posts
  • 811 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 minutes ago by Tomass
  • Topic is favorited by 177 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,243 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2BB5445F-8B37-47D3-AC60-17D7F9076E52 (resized).png
    playfield_xenon (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    4CC277E2-6A0A-4D7B-BDD8-22EF556FFC91 (resized).png
    IMG_2586 (resized).PNG
    Looper (resized).png
    looper (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 2.13.28 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 7.19.18 AM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191106-225007_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    48F27FF9-12F6-47B0-B876-8DD91022D26F (resized).jpeg
    5D479C90-13AF-445C-8D7E-48D3C1CEE204 (resized).jpeg
    7EB87353-676D-44C6-8447-250D1C069FDB (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191102-074121_eBay (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191102-074152_eBay (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191101-114832_eBay (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1273 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

cleveland.craigslist.org link

"Please form your own opinion on add-a-ball."

1 week later
    #1340 4 years ago

Um... what's going on here?

detroit.craigslist.org link

"sold 2500 craigslist clowns Rocky & BullWinkle Pinball Machine - $2800

[single, low-res photo of an R&B cabinet in a dark room]

some of most rude people god ever put on this earth 1993 Data East Rocky & BullWinkle Pinball Machine is in good overall working condition- playfield 9/10, cabinet 7/10 minimal scratches. will do fair trade no junk firm 2800.00 firm
    SOLD 2500.00 YOU craigslist clowns not 500 or 800 or 1000 or 1800 or 2000 2500 you craigslist clowns . some of most rude people god ever put on this earth...very sorry to all my good pinball friends.sorry"

#1342 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

He probably got frustrated with the mountain of responses and lowballers even though he said firm in the listing.

Did he sell it and THEN post an incoherent rant? Or maybe he edited the ad after it was sold and left it up on Craigslist to shame the lowballers? Either way, I'm curious about what led to this particular tangle of sentence fragments.

Still, good on him for selling an R&B at that price point with a single backlit photo taken from the next room.

#1346 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Heh...if I had a nickel every time I took off the lockbar and removed the glass and the (soon to be former) owner said, "wow, I didn't know you could do that"

Been there. After an owner told me about the trouble she had moving a wedgehead, I showed her that the backbox comes right off with four bolts.

3 weeks later
    #1458 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Any ideas what game that's based on?

Williams A-Go-Go.

1 week later
    #1499 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

kansascity.craigslist.org link
    Original looney tunes Bugs Bunny birthday pinball machine. Due for its tune up this year which we will pay for before sale. Just don't use it anymore. Moved to Florida where there is not room for it. $4700 (yes, you read that correctly)
    Better hurry before this hell of a deal is gone. But hey, they are going to pay for its 'tune up'.

Are they going to give it a Looney Tune-up?

4 weeks later
    #1635 4 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Like some sort of nested pinball situation. There's a TAF inside it, hence the price.

Like a Turducken? A Bataddamszone?

2 weeks later
    #1759 3 years ago
    Quoted from falco:

Arcade machine repairing nuns?

I would watch that show.

3 weeks later
    #1874 3 years ago

Here's a Hollywood Heat for only $2300.

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

Also, this made me lol:

"Open to trade for heavy equipment, or fast sports car."

#1879 3 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

They actually started this pin out higher. I'm thinking it was $2900. I was going to post it but never got around to it. I'm glad someone did. Lol.

Yikes. It's a really fun game and it looks like it's in good condition (aside from that faded translite), but they're still asking three times what they should.

4 weeks later
    #2076 3 years ago
    Quoted from cireone:

inlandempire.craigslist.org link
    Pretty great price! SWDE and its Limited Edition, I'll have to check mine to see if it's an LE too?!?

It looks like it's in really nice shape, but I don't know about $6500. I was once at an auction where a routed DESW with missing plastics, banged-up cabinet, warbly speakers and a grungy worn-to-the-wood playfield sold for $3000. Even as a noob, I knew that was crazy.

1 week later
    #2215 3 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

austin.craigslist.org link
    "Purchased in early 90's and only played inside house."

Y'know how sometimes when it's a nice day out and you'll want to take your 350lb pinball machine into the back yard and play a few games? Every game is better in the bright sunlight on uneven turf with the feel of grass under your bare feet.

#2252 3 years ago

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

Roto Pool

So it doesn't work, has no glass, needs new plastics and has a beat-up cabinet and the price the seller landed on was $1400.

Oh, but wait - some spare parts and a schematic are included. So that's worth a grand, right?

#2259 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

A $1400 Roto Pool isn't unreasonable. It's that customized backglass that is unnerving.

Quoted from o-din:

Yeah. Some of these guys think we get our antiques for pennies. Nice when you can though.

I'm surprised to hear that, but I defer to your expertise. $1400 for a non-working machine makes Roto Pool the Monster Bash of wood rails.

1 week later
    #2322 3 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Hahah. I guess that's what you do when you don't like someone's artwork.
    "Hey Joe, I made this painting just for you!"
    "Uhh... gee... thanks Frank, it's great. Really. "
    "You like it?"
    "Uhh, yeah. I'm going to display it right here, behind my pinball machine. It'll face away from the room to protect it from UV. And I'll nail it AND glue it in place, to protect it from falling onto the hard floor."
    "Sweet, thanks man!"

My first thought was that the machine was placed in front of a window so the painting could be seen from the outside, but I like your explanation better.

3 weeks later
    #2469 3 years ago

"CB Charlie pinball machine wanted"

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

I've never seen a wanted ad for a Wonder Wizard game.

#2476 3 years ago
    Quoted from dpqrm:

I really wish there was a photo of this one.
    RARE!!! Sitdown 8 ball Pinball machine $8500
    "I have probably the rarest pinball machine you will ever see or find ......... Just like arcades have upright and sitdown versions...... This is a sitdown pinball.... Neatest thing you'll ever see........ Never get tired standing and playing pinball again. Sit on the floor and play or relax in a bean bag chair and play..... This is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Has no legs, may have come from an arcade for children or midgets or something...... It's neat and a great for playing comfort......"
    I am sure this is rare since it is getting pretty hard to find those "midget" arcades anymore.
    poconos.craigslist.org link

"Just like arcades have upright and sitdown versions"

Y'know... like you commonly see in every arcade.

I'm dying to see a photo of this machine.

1 week later
    #2496 3 years ago

dayton.craigslist.org link

It's a 1961 Williams Skill Ball - the backglass photo looks like a screenshot from Pinside, but the playfield photo is actually a 1958 Williams Gusher (photo gleaned from the IPDB). The third photo is just a flyer.

The ad says that he couldn't get his own photos to load, but all pinball playfields are the same, right?

Screen_Shot_2016-03-18_at_11.32.48_AM_(resized).png

2 weeks later
    #2551 3 years ago

So... This is a scam, right?

chicago.craigslist.org link

Screen_Shot_2016-04-07_at_2.10.03_PM_(resized).png

2 weeks later
    #2579 3 years ago

I can understand scammers luring people in with attractive titles like Addams Family or Xenon but... Pat Hand? The game that Norm Clark himself said was his least favorite of his own designs? Too funny.

toledo.craigslist.org link

Screen_Shot_2016-04-26_at_8.23.08_AM_(resized).png

#2601 3 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

So can anyone identify what game it's from?

That looks like a Gottlieb upper arch with its serial number sticker in the corner. That coil bracket makes me think it's an 80's title.

2 months later
    #3109 3 years ago

buffalo.craigslist.org link

"I have to agree that this is an astounding price to ask for this game. I have a copy of this game and would be willing to sell mine for $1200. I know this still seems a bit much but my game has 209 coats of wax and the good housekeeping seal of approval for no bugs or rat turds inside of it. I will also include a quarter so your first play will be free. Thanks for checking out this listing and please remember that some folks selling items such as pinball games are not only misinformed they are greedy as well and will try to take advantage of stupid people."

209 coats of wax, you guys! You know it's true because it's such a specific number. Plus, he won't charge you to test it out before you buy! And he's nice enough to remind you that sellers sometimes misrepresent their items.

1 week later
    #3131 3 years ago

Someone in Madison, Wisconsin is venting his election-year frustration in a pinball-themed manner.

Screen_Shot_2016-07-26_at_8.57.19_AM_(resized).png

1 month later
    #3236 3 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I actually like a little 'patina' and battle scars on my games. I appreciate a beautiful game, but I like the bumps and bruises showing it's history. My Hurricane looks great and I love that someone named "Maria" carved her name into the side of the cab so many years ago. I think that's rad as hell.

Agreed - I've fixed up a few machines, but never to "like new" condition because I like leaving some of the character intact. A dinged coin door or some rust on the legs shows that the game has lived a good long life.

3 months later
    #3530 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ok, that one's pretty funny. I guess someone has gotten beaten to the punch one to many times, lol

Yeah, but now he owns a Jumping Jack. A half victory at best.

1 month later
    #3638 2 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

What would be the least appropriate / funniest games to have in that shoot that meet their "Mid-80s or later" request?

Big Guns?
    Bone Busters?
    Torpedo Alley?

#3645 2 years ago

A few more:

Hot Shots
    Goin' Nuts
    Ready... Aim... Fire!
    Grand Slam

1 month later
    #3799 2 years ago

I think that's a photo of Ellen Sharpe, Roger's wife and a pinball champ herself.

#3801 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Is she a pinball buyer and in Tampa or is someone taking advantage of her pics to get some games?

The latter. I think the Sharpe family lives in New York.

2 weeks later
    #3885 2 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Odd, I wonder why, is it a super fun game or something? maybe I need to take a second look

Target Alpha is a classic - it's like the High Speed II of the EM world.

If it's restored, in perfect working order and in good cosmetic shape with little to no flaking on the back glass, $1500 might be a fair price to a collector.

2 months later
    #4155 2 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

The text of this delusional guys ad is worth the read.
    Whatever you do don't offer him one penny less than $5000 for his broken project machines!
    cincinnati.craigslist.org link
    I love how people try to evaluate their junk based on the price it would actually worth if it was fully restored by you.

All or nothing - sounds like he just doesn't want to get stuck with that Alive! machine.

7 months later
    #5299 1 year ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

I've got three in my kitchen right now.

I have a refrigerator, oven and sink in my EM room.

7 months later
    #5870 1 year ago

ATTENTION: a crime is currently being committed in Lexigton, KY.

lexington.craigslist.org link

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 2.49.00 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside