Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,862 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by stangbat
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4123 6 years ago

You are all missing out on this sweet deal!
    Only $400!!!

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#4127 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

So it's really got a lot going for it. If I searched for the term "Johnny Depp balls" I would have found it.

Indeed. And they just dropped the price to $375. What a steal!

3 weeks later
    #4274 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Who the hell looks for a zizzle?

Well, actually, I was looking for one not too long ago. And I found one, for $50. It was donated to a high school engineering class, and they immediately started hacking on it. First thing up was fixing the bumpers and power supply. Then, they upgraded the buttons. This year, I think the whole thing is being rethemed and rewired, with an Arduino driver and a Raspberry Pi running MPF.

#4275 6 years ago

Those might be the best pictures I've seen in a craigslist ad so far.
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

4 weeks later
    #4467 6 years ago

A bit overpriced, I think.

#4469 6 years ago

This guy keeps popping up with the same ad. I actually got a good deal on some legs from him, but I always chuckle at the ad:
    "This sale is like your first date when you were a youth. If you never had the courage to ask her out, you never would know what could or could not be."

#4475 6 years ago

It would be kinda nice to have a name, I think.

#4481 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

So if her breakup wasn't fairly new sex would be ok? Sound like her ex found out about her sextracurricular activities.

Maybe this is actually a dating post. She's clearly looking for a white knight who likes fishing and astronomy, and is free to drop everything and help a damsel in distress.

#4483 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Oh i get it. Fishing and astronomy, long walks on the beach looking at the stars.

And handy with a patch kit!

#4486 6 years ago

Crazy. I paid $50 for the one I donated to a school, and I think that that is about the best price I would offer.

#4488 6 years ago
    Quoted from apLundell:

That was probably back when they were still in production. They seem to go for about $250-350 now.
    (I assume it's because they're the only thing less than full-size that isn't completely a toy?)

No, that was about 3 or 4 months ago. Another one went for that a week before I bought mine, and there was one a few miles away for $80 last month.
    Play one without an update(of buttons if nothing else) and it's just a terrible game.

#4498 6 years ago
    Quoted from apLundell:

Are ebay prices that far out of whack for real machines as well? That doesn't seem possible.

In general, I only go to ebay for parts. Anything else is local or craigslist. I also collect vintage scuba gear, and the same thing happened there. Ebay was great for a while, and now the prices are skyrocketing.

#4552 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jerickso77:

The KC market seems pretty bad in general. Granted , I'm new to the scene but I've spent the past 5 months trying to find an older SS within my paltry $1,500 budget and there's nothing.

There was The Incredible Hulk in Lawrence last month for $300. You might keep an eye on the Manhattan and Wichita lists, too. I see a couple of machines in that area that could probably be bargained down to $1500.

#4578 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

And what the hell did he do with the power supplies from the games?

Every Zizzle I've seen has either had a missing or damaged power supply, so I suspect that they were weak and easily destroyed. I bought one for the local high engineering kids, and the first thing they did was rebuild the power supply because of exposed and frayed wiring.

3 weeks later
    #4709 6 years ago

Well, he's shirtless and fighting a bear. Not sure why that's considered naked. Of course, if you are in a knife fight with a bear, you might as well be naked.

1 month later
    #4807 6 years ago

modesto.craigslist.org link

In case you were wanting to spend $600 on a Zizzle today....

#4829 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

How aweful!! Hell he would have to pay me at least 250 to take it.

Looks like a fairly trivial mod to fix it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-explorer-1977-modification-for-independent-flipper-action

I keep an eye out for these going cheap in decent condition, just like Zizzles. They can be a good "intro to pinball engineering" system that I am not going to sink much money into. And I'm not going to cry if the kids ruin it, either. :/

2 months later
    #5114 6 years ago

You might find this gem amusing

1 month later
    #5282 6 years ago

The link I last posted was an ad for a $495 Medieval Madness. It was an obvious scam, but it looks like it was pulled down a few hours later. Hopefully he didn't snare anyone.

1 week later
    #5309 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

but some people seem to also use it when they just mean something old and original

The term that they are looking for is "old school," which is, itself, an old school term. "OG" in this context is just dumb as hell.
    EDIT:
    Unless this is some oblique reference to the gambling history of early pinball. But, frankly, I think anyone using "OG" un-ironically is likely not cognizant of that history in the first place.

3 months later
    #5574 5 years ago

I like how they didn't even bother to find a picture of the right machine: sfbay.craigslist.org link

#5605 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scotty_K:

I guess one man's trash is another man's treasure, indeed.

The original Nintendo games are quite valuable. I repaired a Mario Cement Factory game recently, got a decent price for the work and the guy still made a killing selling it.

#5607 5 years ago

My grandpappy played with one of those in aught three. He handed it down to his children as a prized family heirloom.

1 month later
    #5701 5 years ago

That must be from Monster Bash 2.

2 weeks later
    #5727 5 years ago

Hell, I have a Zizzle sitting in my garage right now. I'd be willing to part with it for $1000. What, no takers?

2 months later
    #5907 5 years ago

How are you guys not jumping at this? It sells for $1500!
    monterey.craigslist.org link

9 months later
    #6454 4 years ago

It's a professional home edition...

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.06.03 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.06.03 PM (resized).jpg
    3 months later
    #6701 4 years ago

Are you dazzled yet?

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 12.55.37 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2019-11-13 at 12.55.37 PM (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #6888 4 years ago

Not pinball related, but still funny

Screenshot_20200117-220348_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200117-220348_Facebook (resized).jpg
    4 months later
    #7234 3 years ago

I've never seen this version of Fish Tales.

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 9.40.25 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2020-06-08 at 9.40.25 AM (resized).jpg
    #7237 3 years ago

I've been waiting for Forlics glass for so long....

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 2.11.16 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2020-06-08 at 2.11.16 PM (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #7257 3 years ago

I don't know about you, but I've been waiting for SO long to get my hands on a genuine Forlics glass!

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 2.33.26 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2020-06-26 at 2.33.26 PM (resized).jpg
    #7262 3 years ago

I think the last one was supposed to land in the horror thread...

1 month later
    #7322 3 years ago
    Quoted from sandro:

The amazing thing to me is that no one in the pinball industry sees the obvious market opportunity here.

That's a good point. I could see a 3/4 or 4/5 machine that uses mostly stock components doing ok at sub $1k. If you ship them with a full playfield protector, you can use a cheaper plywood and forgo clearcoat altogether.

2 weeks later
    #7401 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Maybe it was in a fire and it's the only thing left standing!!! LOL

The picture was taken during a full eclipse which was happening at the same time as a freak dust storm. I'm sure it's all ok.

2 months later
    #7583 3 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Take my chance? So I pay $150 and I might not even receive it???

heh, I suspect that his first language is French and meant "here's your chance."

#7585 3 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of calling out/making fun of non-native US folks for broken English. One damn complicated and ass-backwards language to learn and their English is definitely better than my French/Italian/German.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.” - James Nicoll

#7588 3 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I wasn't poking fun of anyone's language....I posted that because I got a laugh out of the price $150 for an old ragged schematic....that's all.

So, was the EM version super rare? Maybe that's why it's pricey.

#7590 3 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I was making fun of the wording. I didn't know it was his 2nd language.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to bust anyone's chops for this. I work for an international corporation, so I get to see lots of weird English phrasing. I kind of auto translate it in my head now.
    The phrase was funny and the price is inexplicably high. It's all good.

#7594 3 years ago

Is that the LE model?

4 weeks later
    #7663 3 years ago
    Quoted from happyclan:

I can't believe Wakanda has pins.

They use Vibranium balls, which make for really cool effects.

1 year later
    #8093 2 years ago

That's an old pinball machine...

Screenshot_20211219-082553_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211219-082553_Chrome (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #8133 2 years ago

Looks pretty scammy to me.

Screenshot_20220118-220831_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220118-220831_Chrome (resized).jpg
    2 years later
    #8751 56 days ago

Dirty, hairy what exactly?

Screenshot_20240222_101002_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240222_101002_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.