Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,876 posts
  • 1,040 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by ManyQuarters
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EK 2  (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tanooki.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#944 9 years ago
    Quoted from theyallhateme:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

First problem, the ball is missing.

#947 9 years ago

Reading all the fun stuff in this thread right down to the cardboard Pac-Man machine I think Gomez Addams said it best - GREED!

#952 9 years ago

Just wow, mutilated. I mean I get the idea of repurposing things, but if that frame was solid enough to do that, someone could have used it for another table in less fortunate shape.

#957 9 years ago

Love the sarcasm on that post. The sad truth of it, the last few years anything that's a cool thing of the 80s and 90s that's entertainment based or toy based seems to be on a downward spiral into the scalper shitter and I know people who know better are getting fed up and tired of it. I've quit buying old games of any value at all anymore online in the last nearly 2 years now and I'm selling some spendy things I have to get a black knight table I want because of the garbage. Shame things are getting harder to find and enjoy with troublemakers.

#959 9 years ago

Well I guess my perspective is different than his which is why the sarcasm is amusing, but it is butt hurt alright. I'm walking away from the NES/SNES era stuff because the scalping has become atrocious and to the point enough people through ebay and a few other means have found ways to jam up the prices on certain stuff hardcore over months or even a matter of days or weeks (like the one cinemassacre video on 'rare' SNES games which caused some $10-20 unknowns go up to like $50-300+.) Everyone things since they're small, easy to flip, and interesting you can treat the stuff like oil stocks or something. I'm currently right now posting some rare nes/snes games up to get rid of the stuff and use it to buy a black knight table. To me Black Knight at $1000-1500 is 'cheap' compared to a formerly cheap game now going in the last 4~ years for like $300+ or some topping out around $1000 just for the game. It's just one game easily accurately emulated on a ROM or realistically enough using a flash cart on a real system. Pinball has so much more to the whole everything of it from top to bottom, the value is there. The game has none. You can't make a fake pinball game that works, looks, sounds, and feels 100% the same.

#962 9 years ago

Isn't that like most things? Don't restore it so far you can't get what you want back out of it unless you're going to just keep it. Otherwise expect to eat it. You see it plenty on TV like with cars on Pawn Stars and stuff when they're quoted value, then lowball to buy it even worse.

1 week later
    #983 9 years ago

I wish I could too, but +1 towards that 100 upvotes is now there.

2 weeks later
    #1034 8 years ago

Hah nice apron, perhaps he's one of those people who just sell things and have minimal to no clue. For all we know he thinks it's the copyright date on it.

2 months later
    #1147 8 years ago

Anyone note this one yet? I'm amused by the price and the spelled out reason for it.
    cincinnati.craigslist.org link

Gold Ball $3500. It's worth it because it has new rubbers and is clean, well that and he needs a new car. No idea if the Bally service kit (or home rom) was installed, because if it's under the original rules, it's not worth 25% of what he asked.

#1150 8 years ago

Yeah no doubt. Like I said I own it, and I know others on this site do too, and it's a low run definitely around 1700 originally (who knows what is left) but he's on drugs if he thinks saying that about the year to help back the price up will get him far. He gets points (if honest) that it was always his and home use so it'll be in nicer shape likely than most, but that price, just no.

1 week later
    #1169 8 years ago

I saw that one the other day, worth the laugh. Must not be too calloused up as he typed all that.

2 weeks later
    #1186 8 years ago

Hah decimal point.

That Amigo, they're on drugs. Back when I got my gold ball a woman was selling an Amigo in stunningly good shape for $400 locally, and even that lasted a few weeks or so on craigslist. I'd have grabbed it but didn't want to dive into an EM table as my first as I figured anything that was broken or could break would get costly.

#1190 8 years ago

I've seen that too, bugs me because they think it's some cool rare thing so they ask well more than they're worth, especially the 1960s and later stuff that's all mechanical. I'll see those pop up on CL, ebay, whatever, and the dimwits want hundreds or more when they're realistically (usually in the shape I've seen) ranging from parts machines for a few bucks, to some with issues worth like $20 or so up to a nice one worth maybe a $100. It's the newer ones with the LCD/LED displays, large moving parts, 2-4 speakers and a crap ton of lights and gizmos that get into that near or over $1000 mark, not the old stuff. I only look as I used to have a 1960s one my mom owned I really enjoyed and would like that again with just the flower drops, big thing in the middle, a bell or two and some lights. And in the 90s before the LCD stuff first appeared I had a 5 way slot machine middle game one with an overly loud speaker belching out small jingles or annoying repetition and even new(refurb) from a US catalog it was only a few hundred bucks.

9 months later
    #2635 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Ok, I have to know...do people really fall for this crap? What D-bag!!
    ebay.com link » Sea Wolf Arcade Game
    Translation...it doesn't work, but I am not going to tell you that!

Looking at that machine I think it was out to sea, then chewed on by a wolf. Awful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tanooki.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.