(Topic ID: 99830)

More Craigslist laughs.

By wayout440

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EK 2  (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1432 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Addams Family $1200..... "plugs into wall"
    detroit.craigslist.org link

I laughed out loud when I saw this one Wednesday. I also wonder who stole this pin if it actually works when you plug it into the wall. I never got a reply.

8 months later
    #2802 7 years ago

I don't get people... even though I would never pay that much for one I inquired with a few simple questions, have topper, have card dispenser, any panel overlay pealing...as none of these could be determined from the 2 pictures of the game. I get "really want to trade for a pinball" as a response. That's it. So I assume it has pealing and no topper or card dispenser, which makes the asking price ridiculous and worthy of this hall of shame.

Slugfest pinball machine in great condition. Great working game plug and play. LEDs added and playfield cleaned recently.

Best baseball game ever made by Williams

$2,550obo

1 week later
    #2856 7 years ago
    Quoted from wierdeer:

I didn't try to steal the deal. I came with a strong offer off the bat via email trying to solidify a sale. she told me she had someone else make an offer that was lower, told me it was hard to refuse my offer, thought about it and took the lower offer, I thought it was funny posted it, called her stupid which I guess offended some people here and you people freaked out. Attacked me and yeah I lost my cool...end of story! I'm over it and you all should be too!

So just curious, you emailed her right off the bat offering almost twice what she was asking? Why would you do that? Why would anybody do that? I suppose to be nice to the seller if you feel they are low balling the machine because they just don't know any better. But to offer that on a first e-mail without even meeting the person I find hard to believe. Offering $400, being told it's sold, than counteroffering $700 in an attempt to outbid the original buyer just sounds more plausible, unfortunately. I think for most of us if it's sold, you move on end of story.

2 months later
    #3249 7 years ago

Hey, buy them all and you can save $50, awesome.

4 months later
    #3590 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

This is funny! Someone else doesn't like the inflatable clown head guy on Chicago CL
    chicago.craigslist.org link

Yeah I laughed out loud reading that, hilarious. I want to shake the guys hand who wrote it. I did look up the inflateable clown head, that would hurt...

3 months later
    #3976 7 years ago

Love the custom plastics over the drops, that adds some value right there...

1 week later
    #3998 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Guy told me this was a "mint" machine and had just been redone. Notice anything wrong, missing???
    houston.craigslist.org link
    He relisted it after I asked a few questions, like turn it on...

Well lol on it being 'mint', but playfield wear is minimal compared to the beater I have. That said it's a really fun machine and I think his asking price of $600 is fair if the game is in working order.

#4005 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

See the home version Elvis pin? One of 4 known!! $6800!
    ebay.com link » 1 In 4 Known Super Rare Elvis Presley Original 1978 Pinball Machine
    I almost spit out my coffee laughing, hell one was listed for free on a curb in the local CL.

"technically this pinball machine should not have not been produced"...so he is saying they never produced this game, but they should have and here it is...

1 month later
    #4260 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

This one has literally been on our local CL for nearly 3 years, renewed every 3 days or so. Started at $50, then 1 year later down to $40, then after another year down to $30. At this rate, it should get moved to the 'Free' ads in ~3 more years......
    rochester.craigslist.org link
    "........The Pinball Machine is Not Working......."

would be fun to meet up with seller, buy the thing, than get a sledge hammer out of trunk and smash it to pieces right there.

2 months later
    #4665 6 years ago

I wonder if the scoop was throwing the ball straight down the middle and this was somebody's idea on how to circumvent the problem rather than fix it properly...

1 month later
    #4871 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I always use rubbers when playing with a flapper

LMFAO good one!!

2 weeks later
    #4939 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I think there might be an antique meat slicer war brewing in my area. There seems to be competition and rivalry in any aspect of collecting.
    janesville.craigslist.org link
    janesville.craigslist.org link

If they ever made a SAW themed pin that would make a nice topper.

2 weeks later
    #4981 6 years ago

Lmfao

4 weeks later
    #5140 6 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

This was ridiculous. #WTF
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

I wish we still had all those Legos we gave away a few years back, this makes me want to build a better one of these.

3 months later
    #5513 6 years ago
    Quoted from ruddiger52:

boston.craigslist.org link

Got to be a joke, right? Maybe not in this crazy world.

2 weeks later
    #5576 5 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

Bring your hammer

Lmfao...I work in Rochester so thanks for picking up that thing, I was heavily considering it. Now install a 3 spinning disc mod on it.

So question is does the seller finally ever delete the add...

#5578 5 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

The listing is gone. More importantly it won't get reposted 3 times a day for the next 6 months
    The best part of the transaction was when she asked if I was a big Johnny Depp fan.....?????

Lol, you shoulda spiked it on the ground right then!

#5600 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Brunswick ALIVE $800.00 (estate sale listing)

Look at all that crap for sale, the whole estate should be dropped off the roof of TNT amusements.

1 month later
    4 months later
    #5964 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bumper:

Coleco Pinball Machine - $1200 Pinballl Champ.

Better commercial than the Stern Beatles

Lol that commercial is great, now I want to play that game!

1 week later
    #5987 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

I did not realize this thing was so small. How do they put this thing up on legs? If you watch the video, I know what your thinking, but don’t say it.

Lmfao...

10 months later
    #6560 4 years ago
    Quoted from hazmat7719:

This is posted on my local Craig's list for $1000:
    Very rare vintage pinball machine that was turned into a table. Not sure the year but looks to be 50’s-60’s. This was passed down to me by my grandpa.
    Great for a retro style house or man cave.
    Local pick up only. I will not deliver. But I will help load into your truck!! Very heavy!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well that's fugly.

3 months later
    #6818 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

I see venetian blinds.... a Trouble board game box (likely empty since it's collapsed at one end).... a CRT TV under the pin from I'm guessing the mid 80's, since it has pushbutton controls.... two laundry baskets, one destroyed.... part of a styrofoam cooler, I think.... the back of another black plastic TV.... is that a string of Christmas lights, or an extension cord?.... and, of course, our guest of honor, the grimy, rusty, most likely non-working Fireball home version.

You forgot the wall outlet

#6823 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Too busy trying to figure out what the orange thing in the broken laundry basket is.

Lmfao looks like a cat head...

76B56859-1A01-4C2B-9128-C8DBDBB2F21D (resized).jpeg76B56859-1A01-4C2B-9128-C8DBDBB2F21D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swillie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=swillie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.