Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3693 7 years ago

kansascity.craigslist.org link

"Man cabe special Balleys is the best, very cool."

Fuel: other
    title status: clean
    transmission: other

balley (resized).JPGballey (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #3714 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Quality WTB ads:

Hopefully you can see the humor and what is going on. If not, Top Doller started first, years ago. People are tired of it, hence the other ads poking fun at it. Here's another one that was posted a while ago making fun of Top Doller.

LOWEST DOLLER (resized).JPGLOWEST DOLLER (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #3873 7 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

Pinball wanted - I will lowball the shit outta you

This is a joke response to the "Paying Top Doller for Pinball Machines" ad that periodically resurfaces on KC CL. You'll also find "Paying Medium Doller" and "Paying Toppest Doller" as other responses.

3 weeks later
    #4000 6 years ago

I've done my homework. Give me $300 and I'll take them.

#4003 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

See the home version Elvis pin? One of 4 known!! $6800!

Damn! You certainly topped the Wonder Wizard bargain I posted this morning.

5 months later
    #4796 6 years ago

"I have seen these go for 4,000+ online..."

So here's my beat up one with a missing plastic and broken backglass for $1500.

3 weeks later
    #4908 6 years ago

Comes with nipples but no mention of the roach bait in the backbox. Hopefully that is included too. Oh, and is that a rat bait block next to the roach bait?

mata hari (resized).jpgmata hari (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #5093 6 years ago

Here's another example:

This has been listed for years at the same price. A local collector got to know the seller and offered good advice about the value. Made no difference. It is relisted every few weeks for $3950.

2 months later
    #5336 6 years ago

Looks like for someone in a wheelchair. Pretty impressive IMO, lot of work done so someone could play pinball.

#5373 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

The elusive 1972 SS

From the ad, "but since it has solid state components, the reliability is far superior to the EM versions." Ha! A System 1 Gottlieb that is more reliable than their EM games. Pure comedy gold!

3 months later
    #5662 5 years ago
    Quoted from Biffbar:

Little Chief $1100, some kind of damp household, home use only.
    allentown.craigslist.org link

"... Bought it around 1979 from a private owner who bought it new. It was NEVER used commercially... It's been in living room since i bought it and it has been barely used. "

Yeah, that coin door sure proves it was never used commercially. And so does the sticker residue on the apron from an operator's name or license. And the wear near the #4 insert from the kickout.

Nice burned up chime coil.

6 months later
    #6058 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Who in the *#€^+# has 40 pair of sunglasses?

First thing that came to mind for me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beholder_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

2 months later
    #6156 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

This is the least common and most desirable version of the Bally home pinball machines.

I have to say that I've worked on all the Bally home models except this one. So it may be the least common. As for most desirable, that's kind of like choosing which type of herpes is the most desirable.

3 months later
    #6334 4 years ago
    Quoted from ItsBwalt:

This may be the funniest pinball craigslist thing I've seen. I really hope the guy is a pinsider and he's just trolling, but I think this is for real.

That Kiss machine has been on CL off and on since at least mid-2016. I think it has been on longer, but I first made note of it in the middle of 2016. It started at $4k.

I think the ad about looking for a Kiss is someone messing with him, not the seller trying to drum up interest.

A friend of mine somehow got in touch with the Kiss seller, I think because he was selling a game and the Kiss seller contacted him. My friend nicely broached the subject of the Kiss pin being overpriced, but couldn't convince the guy that he's nuts. At least he tried. I guess we can look forward to many more years of an overpriced Kiss on KC CL.

1 week later
    #6345 4 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Pinball Puppy Anyone?
    annarbor.craigslist.org link
    Or is it a Pit Ball Puppy?
    annarbor.craigslist.org/hsh/d/ypsilanti-pinball-puppy-for-sale/6900014913.html

Wow, two autocorrect fails.

#6364 4 years ago

We also have this clean specimen in KC.

race time (resized).JPGrace time (resized).JPG

#6373 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

For that much it should be flown next day air and set up in my basement.

$29,999 AUD = $21,000 USD, so actually quite a bargain!

1 month later
    #6453 4 years ago

Incredible cabinet? That cabinet is faded and nothing special. Not trying to derail, but for reference here's a BOP I owned with an incredible original cabinet.

DSC_7040 (Custom) (resized).JPGDSC_7040 (Custom) (resized).JPGDSC_7041 (Custom) (resized).JPGDSC_7041 (Custom) (resized).JPGDSC_7042_2 (Custom) (resized).JPGDSC_7042_2 (Custom) (resized).JPGDSC_7043_2 (Custom) (resized).JPGDSC_7043_2 (Custom) (resized).JPGDSC_7048 (Custom) (resized).JPGDSC_7048 (Custom) (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #6517 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Bally Kiss $18,000

$18k for a game where "everything on the machine works" and you can't bother to turn it on when you take pics?

kiss (resized).JPGkiss (resized).JPG
    4 months later
    2 months later
    #7087 3 years ago

If you want some entertainment, check the Lady Robin Hood ad every day on KC Craigslist.

The owner changes the price almost every day. Today is on the high side ($2500). I think it has been as low as $700. He's had ads making fun of him posted at least once.

lrh (resized).jpglrh (resized).jpg
    #7098 3 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

If you want some entertainment, check the Lady Robin Hood ad every day on KC Craigslist.

It's down to $1k today. Wow! Look at that price drop, better jump on this fast!

1 week later
    #7120 3 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

The owner changes the price almost every day. Today is on the high side ($2500). I think it has been as low as $700. He's had ads making fun of him posted at least once.

Better move fast, it is down to $800. Grab it before it goes back to $2500!

3 months later
    #7330 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

And look at the 1/8" of clear that's chipping away. WOW...

It is Mylar that has lifted and was cut away.

5 months later
    #7750 3 years ago

The pinball lessons ad dates back to almost 8 years ago. Someone just pulled it out again for giggles.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lessons-hurry-slots-are-filling-up-fast

3 years later
    #8770 48 days ago

Mice and rats can get through any hole that will allow their head through. That means some really small holes and gaps.

1 month later
    #8857 6 days ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

The price is right. If it were just a 25 cent fuse, this would be a steal. Yet, we know better.....

Yep! I always say if it is an easy fix, it would be fixed.

That and: The hard part is finding the easy fix.

#8862 9 hours ago

I came here to post that exact game @joeaf! I have the screenshot saved and ready. I'll let you have first dibs on it.

Or if you need someone local to go pick it up for you, let me know.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=stangbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.