Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,873 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#654 9 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Only needs minor repair.

A little Novus should clean that right up.

#687 9 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

Demolition Man Pinball Machine Williams 1994 Get Ready For A Blast

$3,800!?!?!?! Are they out of their minds?

Mine must be worth around $5,000 with the LED swap and re-chromed handles.

This is my favorite part of that ad:

"Only 7,000 were made making this a likely collectors item in the future."

1 month later
    #877 9 years ago
    Quoted from KingDaddy:

Black Rose for a $1,000... Exceptional condition
    providence.craigslist.org link

Just needs some wax and new rubbers!

3 months later
    #1125 8 years ago

"1979 Bally Dolly Parton Vintage Pinball Machine for Sale - $8500 (Columbia)"

baltimore.craigslist.org link

Seems a little steep to me.

2 months later
    #1306 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Gottlieb EM pinball worked when stored. will probably need contacts cleaned and new rubber($35). Selling due to moving. Fairly rare Machine. Good shape otherwise. Tape on picture to protect glass in shipping. Can deliver to curb if purchased before I unload it in about a week.

I live in the same town, but I definitely didn't put that ad up. I should contact them and let them know that if they drop a zero from their price, I'd be interested in taking a look...

1 year later
    #4451 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

then you compromise even further because it's a game "they really want"...then they turn around and list it two days later for double that price, that is kind of irritating.

That really is a $@#& move. Who was it? I don't like dealing with people that like to lie.

1 week later
    #4567 6 years ago
    Quoted from DangerSem:

You eediot!
    philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Just in case the ad gets deleted.

01111_dK3eCNxhY0N_1200x900 (resized).jpg01111_dK3eCNxhY0N_1200x900 (resized).jpg

11 months later
    #5747 5 years ago

When I'm shopping, I start with the Market Archive you can find here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive

See what the game you're shopping for has sold for in the past. Then I'll check out current listings and see what people are asking for the same game. Pictures in both the archive and the current listings will give you a good idea of where to price yours in the range of listings.

Then you have to determine what you're comfortable paying. For example, right after I started playing pinball, I went to PAPA and played a Bally Safari. I immediately wanted one. My research revealed that one had never been sold on Pinside, making valuation almost impossible. After finally finding one for sale on ebay (yuck), I decided that I wanted it and didn't care that I was going to pay what some would have considered "too much". But to me, it was worth it.

Anyway, there are a lot of factors that go into valuation, but most of all, it's what you want to pay. If you're comfortable paying a premium for something that's hard to find and you really want, then go for it.

When I find on that needs work, you typically have a good idea of what it will cost to fix. Then subtract the cost of parts and some labor from the price and shoot them an offer. Provided parts aren't impossible to find, most things can be fixed relatively cheaply outside of cabinet repair, board corrosion damage and playfield restoration.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.