5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,597 posts
  • 796 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Niterider
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,205 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191013-071900_eBay (resized).jpg
    94F55A19-FBEC-4503-8258-19F3769B8008 (resized).png
    1D37A32E-93E3-4C68-ACB3-72FABA63A831 (resized).png
    E0C46CF9-9873-47CA-B43D-1EB2C46F83D9 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191006-151513 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191006-151427 (resized).jpg
    CL reply (resized).jpg
    Spiderman (resized).JPG
    Thorobred (resized).JPG
    BDA44E9F-378A-4F07-9C99-0B3C7E6A5FC6 (resized).png
    04964860-9BAD-42B6-B818-400959E071C0 (resized).png
    C4AC2C0B-30E8-4DDC-90CE-01B3AE16B6C5 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2019-09-24-01-24-08-1 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 4.29.26 AM (resized).png
    01717_cJu8MxXM4Xb_1200x900 (resized).jpg
    01717_9YJSTurLEq_1200x900 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scribbles.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3803 2 years ago

What a bargain... can I buy 2? Or 3?

knoxville.craigslist.org link

Screenshot_20170321-095231 (resized).png

#3814 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Thanks to a shipping error, I am now currently overstocked on pirate slot machine hook pinball love testers, and I am passing the savings on to youuuuu!!

Im Al Harrington! Owner of pirate slot machine hook pinball love testers!!

#3816 2 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

"I'm Ants in my Eyes Johnson! Here at Ants in my Eyes Johnson's Electronics .... I mean there's so many ants in my eyes and there's so many T.V.s, microwaves, radios ... I Think! I'm not absolutely sure what we have in stock!

Awesome!! A fellow A.S. viewer . Rick and Morty!!

#3822 2 years ago

But he has the original manual and glass.....lol

1 week later
    #3868 2 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Silverball Mania Backglass - Ebay
    https://goo.gl/7etjLU
    There are multiple problems here with this example auction.
    This one was reported, which was a new bogus seller, using a paper drawing scan of the backglass from another internet source.
    Not representative of the item being sold, or the item at all, which is not allowed on Ebay.
    This is news to me that there were Silverball Manias in existence in 1976, two years before the concept project was started in 1978.
    The game did not start production until 1980 by Bally.

This auction is live again. Same fake seller

#3874 2 years ago
    Quoted from mhkohne:

Whoops - Scribbles, the link you posted is to a (valid-looking) auction from a user with over 4K rep.
    The one you meant to link to is:
    ebay.com link » Bally Silverball Mania Pinball Backglass From 1976 Looks Cool On Any Wall

Oops, I sure did.... crap....lol

1 week later
    #3920 2 years ago

I love how it's described as "rare".................. And they want $5900 even though the entire cabinet has been ruined. Makes me want to contact them and put them in touch with any of the many sellers here with beautiful Dracula machines for less than $3500.. Sheeeesh.... fools

#3923 2 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

"I have been told that this pinball machine is a prototype. Very few were made. "
    '

I know right?! Lol!

#3924 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon36:

The guys also selling a "vintage" slayer shirt for $666 so....

Vintage slayer shirt. Hmmmm, has Slayer even been around long enough to be vintage? What an idiot. I guess that's why it's "craigslist laughs" huh

#3942 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Good deal on a nice simpsons... flint.craigslist.org link

Insanity...

2 months later
    #4254 2 years ago
    Quoted from Plunger069:

My luck I would pay the $10 and they would still leave the posting on CL

We could always buy them, and throw them away ourselves

1 week later
    #4323 2 years ago

You're wanting WHAT?!?!

Screenshot_20170704-180126 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20170704-180126 (resized).jpg

#4336 2 years ago

I believe everyone missed the point of my "blue ball" post....lol. The way the ad broke up the listing title makes it look at first glance like he says he wants BLUE BALL.... My bad for not being more clear, or maybe I just have a very twisted sense of humor

1 week later
    #4373 2 years ago

My favorite part "you can look it up, it's $155 on eBay, so it's priced right"

knoxville.craigslist.org/ele/6216929105.html

Screenshot_20170713-090138 (resized).png

#4404 2 years ago

He says, let's see what offers I can get... lol !! How about you pay me to haul it away...

Screenshot_20170717-234706 (resized).png

4 months later
    #5138 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Getting the same thing out here on the East Coast.
    york.craigslist.org link

They actually took the time to put up a fake webpage. Looks like lots of 4x4 toys and pinballs. All drastically undervalued of course. And their address is listed as being in Hawaii. No phone number to actually talk to a real person

1 month later
    #5319 1 year ago

asheville.craigslist.org link

Appraised by a pinball Expert at $8000 he says.....lol

Screenshot_2018-02-05-22-44-37 (resized).png

1 week later
    #5358 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Wow! What an unfriendly seller/person. And they don't use proper English, which really gets on my nerves. I had one typo, but his last message barely makes sense.
    At this point, I'm not extraordinarily optimistic. Obviously you have to read each message starting at the bottom.
    A real shame that a game with a history like this ends up in the hands of somebody like this. From the other items he sells, seems like he might be someone that buys abandoned storage units.

Wow, what a jerk. Not only is $1000 a very fair offer, it's for a great cause. The seller also obviously has no personal attachment to the machine, so why wouldn't he want to sell it. Some people man....

#5363 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

You guys are ridiculous. The guy can't speak english too well, so what. Does that make him a scumbag or a jerk? No.
    If he buys and sells storage units, he is in this to make money, not to be a charity. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I know plenty of people who are charitable but never mix it with their business operations.
    Pinside lists the machine at $2,700, would you sell it for $1,000 if you had it? I wouldn't, and I don't believe you really would either. The guy isn't into donating pinball machines to hospitals, so what.
    The guy is probably on his storage forum complaining that a pinball jerk is lowballing him on it.

If that were my machine, in that condition, and someone offered me "$1000 maybe $1200" I'd jerk that money away from them so fast they wouldn't know what hit em'. The fact that it would be used to help disabled kids have fun is just icing on the $1000 cake. The guy is a fool for not taking that money.

#5366 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

I agree it’s not a $2700 machine (ever) but not taking 1000 bucks from some random internet guy that’s trying to educate him on the price doesn’t make him a jerk.
    It’s just funny to hear pinsiders disparage others who are not as enlightened as they are.

I agree, I guess what rubs me the wrong way about people like that is the fact that they're selling an item, but refuse to put a price on it. They expect people to put in bids on it and then wait indefinitely for the seller to see if he can squeeze someone for a few extra bucks. Put a price on it and get sold I say. Especially if you're a flipper like someone mentioned earlier.

#5378 1 year ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

The saga continues.
    newyork.craigslist.org link

Number 13 out of 20....

2 weeks later
    #5438 1 year ago

That conversation is F***in' hilarious!

3 weeks later
    #5486 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Pinside even got called out on this one! hahahaha!
    "Like I said, I paid $3,000 for this pinball machine over 4 years ago, so I will not consider ANY offers less than $3,000....I don't care how much money "pin-side.com" says this game is worth. If you want a super-nice TMNT pinball machine but only want to pay $1,500...then go find that one and buy it ASAP!
    If you are interested, then make me an offer...but please don't even waste my time telling me to research this pinball on "pin-side.com"
    columbia.craigslist.org link

I think EVERYONE should contact him and tell him to research the machines value on pin-side.com

4 weeks later
    #5549 1 year ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Buy it and throw it in the garbage. It'll be the best ten bucks you ever spent.

Even better, buy it, then smash it to oblivion in the sellers driveway, turn around without saying a word, and leave

1 week later
    #5586 1 year ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

With all the ubiquitous specific-game Pinside clubs here, that gives me an idea for a really good one: the "Smashed $10 Pinball Toy Game from an Annoying Craigslist Advertisement Club". You become a member by posting a photo of yourself with the game pre-smashed, and then smashed.

Lets Do it!! I'll find a cheap crappy plastic machine locally and join that club!!

1 week later
    #5612 1 year ago

Space Adventures, or Suave adventures, I'm confused

Screenshot_20180516-102232_Facebook (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #5682 1 year ago
    Quoted from SarverSystems:

Someone needs to learn punctuation.

And English in general

4 months later
    #5941 11 months ago
    Quoted from Plunger069:

austin.craigslist.org link
    Better hurry, this one won’t last.

So who's going to request pictures, then offer him $600?

1 month later
    #6054 9 months ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

This one just had it's 4 (Yes 4!) year anniversary on the Rochester CL:
    rochester.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

Buy it, then destroy it. On the spot, with great vengeance, in front of the seller

1 month later
    #6146 8 months ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

“No Separation. (which means you don't jump into questions and preface a question with Dah, I know it says no seperation buddy but would you take $3000 for the TOTAN? ).”
    I just asked if he’d go $3100 for the TOTAN And I said “Dah”

Let us know the response you get!!

3 months later
    #6352 4 months ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

The sad reality of this hobby is asks like this are becoming normal. EMs commanding over $1k. System 7s pulling $2k. Nice ones more.
    Anymore I think you’d might as well “splurge” for a low end WPC game over the overpriced older stuff. Just my opinion...

Agreed 100%. Suddenly those brand new pro models from stern at $5900 arent so expensive comparitively

2 months later
    #6499 58 days ago

I like how it says the left "bumper" rubber can be "fixed" or replaced. How the hell you going to fix a broken flipper rubber? Or a bumper rubber as he calls it.

2 weeks later
    #6513 45 days ago

What a bargain!!

Screenshot_20190829-113833_Facebook (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #6585 8 days ago

Lol, she needs to drop a few thousand...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scribbles.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside