Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2068 8 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Jungle King $400 " target="_blank">austin.craigslist.org link
    I might be interested at half that, I'm not really into the EM stuff.
    If anyone on Pinside wants it let me know and I'll be happy to check it out and haul it to my house.

Just to let you know this is the "laughs" thread for terrible listings, there's another EM CL thread around here somewhere. (Also, that's just "Jungle".)

Looks painted over too. Funny, I just picked up the two player version of this game, Gottlieb's Wild Life (a real nice one at a real nice price), the other day. Love the art and the gameplay! No room to set it up yet though, ugh!

4 months later
    #2775 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

still using his family and friends as pinball models.

I heard they're hired but only to pose and that their day job is a lot less family friendly/legal, but I've just heard that and who knows if it's legit

#2798 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Biggest reason I started watching that GRC channel was for ray's tech tips.. then mike claimed they took too long to produce (you're literally pointing a camera at a tech working on pinball machines and uploading to youtube). Now most of the videos are whatever they're selling, whether it be a machine or parts they're tired of hanging around in the back.. Or videos of them destroying jukeboxes and pinball machine cabinets next to a dumpster after they've parted out all the guts (but first painting profanity all over it). I'm surprised Ray doesn't just do tech calls from his house and skip the retail front, it's so much overhead and rarely works out (with the exception of TNT because they do minimal work, do lots of volume, and they also host parties and rent out games).

When I was there to pick up said destroyed game Mike told me it's not fun anymore for him and "get out of pinball while you can", etc., really intensely talked down about it all not only as a business but as a hobby while usually collectors at other pickups really talk up this great hobby of ours. Guess he's not enjoying it anymore and/or business is getting rough. Did still seem to enjoy the game though, we played a few rounds on his showroom games and it seemed like he had a good time. Tried to keep my mouth shut about him destroying stuff though, hah. Played a really mint Fireball that he said might be next for the smash-up, I hope he was just joking though. Did see it for sale at Pinfest though so hopefully it went to a good home or will be eventually.

#2801 7 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

This is coming home Sunday. I paid a finish carpenter to do the router work to set the glass in flush. It is a Stern Dracula 1979

Needs flipper bats & rubbers

1 month later
    #3021 7 years ago

Poor OXO. The legs picture is really funny lookin' though.

Probably way too expensive for a playfield with marks on it but doesn't look that that bad if somebody could talk them down big time, too.

"Vintage mid century pinball coffee table - $250 (Bensalem)"

"Vintage pinball coffee table
    Mid century
    Super cool"

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

00D0D_lGwqJJsHT2q_600x450_(resized).jpg00D0D_lGwqJJsHT2q_600x450_(resized).jpg
    00n0n_5IW62owYvHD_600x450_(resized).jpg00n0n_5IW62owYvHD_600x450_(resized).jpg
    00606_7NAu3HlDQ2d_600x450_(resized).jpg00606_7NAu3HlDQ2d_600x450_(resized).jpg

4 months later
    #3419 7 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

fortmyers.craigslist.org link

prodimage (resized).jpgprodimage (resized).jpg

#3421 7 years ago

(Don't worry, he won't!)

1 week later
    #3441 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Wow, it even comes with keys!

Hopefully they start a car somewhere for that price!

4 months later
    #3848 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Includes a doorbell mod and completely white repainted cabinet.

It's the secret front door to the Playboy Mansion! In through the coin door you go...

#3849 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Assume broken down and beat up.

Basically this. As-is means "picked up and untested, didn't bother" although it usually probably just means they tried it and either they couldn't figure out how to get it to turn on, or more likely, tried it and it didn't work but they don't want to say that. $600 as-is does not go well for many games except some of the most desirable.

4 weeks later
    #3988 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I will make a historical data correction, as I have a new update on estimated production and values and some useful collector information:
    Eye of the Tiger (2 Player, EM), 730 units, $1200
    Sinbad (4 Player, EM), 950 units, $1350
    Sinbad (4 Player, SS), 11K units, $700
    What this means is currently Eye of the Tiger is worth less that the EM Sinbad version, and EotT prices dropped below the EM Sinbad version.
    Both EM games are still worth a little less than twice the SS version.
    So why is a four player EM of the same game different than a two player EM with slightly different internals, reconfiguration, less parts, and a different backglass even though the production actually worth less money?
    Collector interest in this case.
    All that this being pointed out in the update, is "Lower production does not necessarily make the game more valuable".
    It happens all the time.
    What is most important is that an a potential buyers know the market, and the values of games based on trends and collectibility, not based on buyer estimates, which are normally bull$#!@ exclusively from online sources such as Ebay, and fudge things based on whatever they think they can get out of them. Even dealers "ride the wave" the same, but they are more apt to squat on titles until the right buyer comes along.
    It a person wants something rare, nothing wrong with that.
    Be aware of other pitfalls dependent on titles such as PARTS and ASSEMBLIES, whether EM or SS.
    I will give an example.
    Right now, I am in the market to finish off my Ted Zale "zipper flipper" collection and continue to evaluate Nip-Its (Bally, 1973) for purchase.
    Many games I have evaluated simply do not measure up to the standards of prices that dealers want to sell them for overall.
    For this title for example, many games had their "Balligator" assemblies removed by operators as swap outs for games that were damaged or destroyed. They come up constantly, and this assembly is nearly impossible to find even in a parted out game.
    I personally have no problem spending retail price (if I cannot get a game as an unrestored broker or warehouse deal), but only if the dealer provided a full shakedown of the restoration, based on the cosmetics of the game itself. This is equity. Some dealers are willing to work with collectors, and some are not. Some are inexperienced. Some are greedy. The best are know their trade and understand when a collector comes knocking they will ask questions and want photos. This last group is very small, and those that have been in the hobby for a long time know who they are.
    If a dealer, owner or broker refuses to answer anything, walk away, unless you are close enough to personally inspect the game.
    In some cases they refuse this as well, which is a HUGE red flag, and happens more often during the "mom and pop" pinball dealers of market spikes.

I disagree. Eye Of The Tiger is more of a valuable collector piece and there are not many left. You use add-a-ball games as reference but every single one of them had a low production run (Stock Car being the lowest, not including the late 70's games when they were being phased out), not just Bank Shot. Eye Of The Tiger is not a single-player add-a-ball game and was only rare because it was run alongside of and made after both the solid-state and EM versions of Sinbad, as Gottlieb took the interesting approach to continue making EM games, and actually made/released them AFTER the solid-state versions of games for what I would assume was to let the new solid-state versions have the spotlight of first release.

#3992 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I have never seen a game so washed out by LEDs before

It hurts just looking at the pictures let alone the real machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.