5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,979 posts
  • 847 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,313 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200222-000313_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    spaceshittle (resized).jpg
    9E7EC1C3-AAFB-4CE7-AB47-0A21E47393E8 (resized).png
    ABD32594-A137-436E-81C3-A0E7874DB61B (resized).png
    BF077FBA-7514-44A1-8E27-1CC1AEA7B924 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200215-154926_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200215-154915_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200207-104821 (resized).png
    Mouse (resized).JPG
    LostWorld (resized).JPG
    Arkades2 (resized).jpg
    Arkades (resized).JPG
    B_PB_02jpg (resized).jpg
    B_PB_01 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mhkohne.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#624 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Why is it a "Rare" pinball is always a Flash? They made almost 20k of these! I know I shouldn't be surprised by anything on cl but when did rare=flash?

Well, the seller hasn't ever seen another one, must be rare, right?

1 week later
    #694 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dano:

denver.craigslist.org link
    Why do people see a listing on ebay that does NOT sell and think that is what things are "going for"

A question I've been asking myself for years. The best I can come up with is that they are so used to stores that they can't wrapntheir little brains around the fact that someone might price something in a way pretty much gauranteed not to sell.

1 month later
    #940 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

orangecounty.craigslist.org link
    pinball stuff (Anaheim)
    pinball.jpg
    I'm selling this pinball stuff make me in offers or trade

This always bothers me because you know it's one of those guys who gets pissed when you try to help him at least pick the correct words (having given up on his grammar long ago).

5 months later
    #1301 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Re-posted for posterity.

<image of pin taped shut>

Honestly, it's not that bad. Use some goo gone on it to remove the tape without ripping off the artwork, and it will probably be fine.

Do you seriously believe there isn't some major horror lurking in that backbox, or under that playfield? I wouldn't be shocked if it held a corpse.

#1320 4 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Somebody completely destroyed this poor thing.
    lancaster.craigslist.org link
    E

Well... The one side is sanded clean, the other half way. But the playfield looks OK.

The price is at least not totally irrational like most. Though I would like to know the story of how the sides got sanded...

3 weeks later
    #1455 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

stlouis.craigslist.org link
    Pin based on the TV show Supernatural.

Whoa. I can see where someone who knows nothing about pins would think the playfield was OK (it's NOT, but you can see...), but that backglass has to hurt ANYONE who looks at it!

#1475 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

I've never listed anything on ebay, so I have to ask - don't they charge a small amount for every listing, whether something sells or not? Why on earth would someone pay to list a topper that's basically garbage, on the infinitesimal chance that some idiot may want it? And I'll assume that when it doesn't sell, they'll relist it, wasting more money.

Depending on who you are (high volume seller, or whatever) you get some free number of insertions per month free. It's been variable over time, but it's always been at least 20-30 for the last year or two.

Personally I'd like EBay better if it DID charge at least a nickle for every insertion. It would cut a lot of the crap.

#1476 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

atlanta.craigslist.org link
    Here is a cool Coke Button advertising sign. Should be an easy restore. You think?

00l0l_2Vr1362N9aI_600x450.jpg

I don't think that word means what he thinks it means.

If there's no original paint, it's no longer a 'restore'.

2 weeks later
    #1560 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ring-Them-Bells:

columbiamo.craigslist.org link
    "I am selling an antique "vintage" Japanese pinball machine. The "Pachinko" game is most easily described as the pinball game. The one I have is in great condition although it needs the steel balls replaced. They were missing when I acquired it. I am asking $ 700.00 a bargain considering they can easily be sold for $1000 and up. This money is needed to go towards transportation so I can get back and forth to work. I would be open to trading it for a scooter / moped something that I don't need to insure or tag. Be realistic and dont insult my intelligence plz."

Be realistic?

OK, here's a realistic version:

--
    I need some cash or some way to get to work because I got a DUI and they took my car.
    I didn't put up a picture of this thing because I know my grandparents (in whose basement I found this) bought it from Montgomery Wards in the 70's when they were imported by the assload. And I know it's worth about $25, instead of the hundreds that a modern imported Pachinko would cost.

In short, I've screwed up my life and I'm trying get someone else to bail my ass out. Again.
    --

Realistic enough?

1 year later
    #3752 2 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

RARE Original Flyer for AMH:
    $99
    ebay.com link » Spooky Americas Most Haunted Original Flipper Game Pinball Machine Flyer Rare
    h/t: Spooky's Facebook

You know, I've bought one or two things from that guy before. Seemed like a perfectly rational person, so I'm not sure where he got the idea that flyer was worth big money.

I wonder if it's a moron trap?

3 weeks later
    #3824 2 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

For me it's just one of those things that is hard to even look at. Why would you 1) Let the play field get that bad... 2) Repaint the entire cabinet white and 3) Why would you install a door bell on the front of the machine... 4) Why would you price the machine at $1200. Crazy,crazy crazy.

#1 - because you know NOTHING about pinball and just figure it's supposed to do that? But then, #2 doesn't make sense...

#2 - Damn if I know. One presumes something was wrong and instead of touching up the art, they just slapped paint over it? Or was it that someone wanted it to 'go with' their furniture?

#3 - this at least makes sense, if you care not for the value of the machine and just consider it a toy that you'll throw away some time in the future, then an extra hole for the easiest available button to coin it up would seem sensible.

#4 - Again with the knows nothing about pinball perhaps? And thinks old broken toys must be valuable because they are old.

Idjit.

1 week later
    #3861 2 years ago

Hmm. EBay doesn't have a reporting method for 'Image clearly not the thing being sold'.

Ahh. That Image isn't his (well, it's unlikely. TinEye.com finds it many places, but this one http://rocket9.net/ both looks like it isn't just an aggregation of cool pictures, AND claims that everything on the site (not very much) is the site owner's own photos. So, probably the source.

Now, the owner of the picture can report the doofus for stealing the image. Sadly, I don't see any way that we can do so.

You know, I get that EBay doesn't want to investigate 10 million claims from every moron in the galaxy, but it really would be nice if they had a way for users to report obviously fraudulent listings.

#3870 2 years ago
    Quoted from Scribbles:

This auction is live again. Same fake seller
    Look at this on eBay ebay.com link

Whoops - Scribbles, the link you posted is to a (valid-looking) auction from a user with over 4K rep.

The one you meant to link to is:
    ebay.com link » Bally Silverball Mania Pinball Backglass From 1976 Looks Cool On Any Wall

#3872 2 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

kansascity.craigslist.org link
    Pinball wanted - I will lowball the shit outta you
    © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    (google map)
    looking for attack from mars twilight zone addams family tron ghostbusters monster bash will pay 500 dollers

At least he's giving numbers up front so he can be ignored more quickly. That's a plus.

1 week later
    #3935 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not really a laugh, but ridiculous. Anyone want to pay 2X plus for what a SWT is worth? Well, upon closer inspection they did add a thicker playfield glass to enhance the enjoyment of better game play: dallas.craigslist.org link

'Thicker' playfield glass? That doesn't make any sense, any idea what they are talking about there? Obviously from the glare shown it's not really nice anti-glare glass. Are they just making shit up?

#3954 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

translation-- I broke the original tempered glass so I bought a cheap piece of plate glass that is slightly thicker and requires you to have someone help you cram it through the guides to get it up far enough to get the metal rail glass holder thingy locked in place

Ahh, thank you - my ability to understand 'idiot' has apparently be compromised of late. I blame lack of sleep.

1 month later
    #4082 2 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

The seller could get in BIG trouble for using the cubs and World series logo's without permission.

No, that's really the theme for the machine. Premier payed up for the license back when it was manufactured, and the trademark owners can't really demand more money from the guy who resells the thing he bought.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mhkohne.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside