Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,876 posts
  • 1,040 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by ManyQuarters
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EK 2  (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6938 4 years ago

And that's the "rare" backglass version that has the girl with a full-body leopard-print tattoo...

2 weeks later
    #6971 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

3k for a Space Shittle with a roached playfield - WOW, what a deal! I got screwed buying it from Amini's, so I'm going to pass the screwing on to you!

Actually $3K for a Space Shuttle in "perfect condition" is not a terrible deal.

You just need to have a different idea of "perfect".

#6974 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Well you know... At my age. It happens.... Ohhhh ohhh the pinball flippers. Oh yes. Those are drooping.. Yes, that is what I meant.

You know you are old when what used to be easy is now hard, and what used to be hard is now soft...

#6985 4 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

The less paint the back glass the better... easier to tell if a bulb is out.

And if the playfield is missing, you never have to worry about dimpling...

#7001 4 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

I kept reading "I have the original manual in plastic and all the keys, etc." wondering when did Bally stop printing plastic manuals?

Well, his machine may not be rare, but a plastic manual would be...

4 weeks later
    #7061 4 years ago

You can use the display issues and destroyed playfield as leverage to talk him down to $3,250.

1 month later
    #7177 3 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

kalamazoo.craigslist.org link
    *Adams* you too, can have a True collector quality with just a new decal. (see pic) right.

Not sure why you would need a decal...a black sharpie can fix up that lettering real easy.

#7182 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

It’s in the True Collector bylaws, para III, sec. 2, Decals.

I think you need to send a copy of that to HEP. They seem to be doing things the hard way.

#7201 3 years ago
    Quoted from uphamj:

Whats up with trading for golf balls? I did not know that was a thing.

Sure, washed golf balls...same as cash.

I have 4000+ maple leaves...original condition...will trade for MMr or Ferrari...no low ballers.

Purchaser will need to remove the leaves from my front lawn.

1 week later
    #7215 3 years ago

Are you implying that this might be a scam...?

I find it perfectly reasonable that he has 50 Indiana Jones machines in South Africa that he is willing to sell for $200 each. Sure, the picture he provides is of a couple of EM machines, but that's probably just because it would be hard to show 50 IJ machines in one image.

I'm sending him my bank account number and PIN, just in case he needs extra money for shipping.

#7236 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I've never seen this version of Fish Tales.
    [quoted image]

That's the Limited Edition version.

3 weeks later
    #7265 3 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

sfbay.craigslist.org link
    "One owner for the past 15 years who cared for the game well"
    Apparently did not notice the game's missing a leg bolt!
    [quoted image]

The leg bolts are not really needed...they don't affect the motion of the ball.

#7274 3 years ago

at least he's giving a good deal on shipping...

3 weeks later
    #7315 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nazz26:

Lol. I have a VERY RARE Zizzle POTC stored in my attic for over 12 years. I need to find the for legs(I think the wife threw them out during a spring cleaning). Straight on eBay if I can only find the legs.

How about...

"Ultra-rare plastic POTC pinball machine, one of only a few made without legs. Also, no fussy coin mechanisms to mess with. Much less costly to ship than those needlessly heavy wooden machines. $2499."

#7334 3 years ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

Just think how much more he would be asking if the displays were working right...

#7363 3 years ago

Yes, and it's "a genuine 1977 Evel Kneivel upright pinball".

Good that it's genuine, because there are so many cheap forgeries floating around...

#7373 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I got a BoP. Buy it today and I will knock 10k off the price.

I doubt that yours is the rare "chrome edition"...

1 week later
    #7397 3 years ago
    Quoted from GlassManCometh:

If you don't like forum threads just move on from that thread. No need to leave a story bitching at everyone else for bitching lol

Of course, if you don't like threads with people bitching about other people bitching about bitching in threads...just ignore them...no reason to bitch about it.

2 weeks later
    #7437 3 years ago

It's a strange world we live in where Bally Playboys are worth $7K, and Data East Tommys are free...

4 months later
    #7753 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

No other pictures, so we don’t know if that is for the game or just the backglass. Picture says $2,500, but the auction details want $15,000.
    I’ll sell mine for $15,000. No, really.

I've played your Heat Wave. It's not worth a penny over $12,000. Seems like you're just looking for a sucker...

#7755 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

No, but you are welcome to come play it. Always glad to meet new pinball friends.

Was that not your Heat Wave that was at BOS pinball lounge? I assumed it was. Maybe it IS worth $15K then...

And yes, would be nice to meet up at some point when this whole Covid thing calms down.

#7764 3 years ago

"hey Siri, when should I press the flipper buttons...?"

3 weeks later
    #7803 3 years ago

At least the shipping cost is reasonable...nice to see they aren't ripping you off on the shipping.

#7808 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

I know, not Craigslist but I couldn't resist... I love WMS Gulfstream, it was my first pin purchase in 1986 and I still have it today but geez 3K and no decent pix to see how much of a stretch the price really is?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/111046

Well, it comes with extra fuses...and he DID include a picture of those.

#7811 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

From Offer Up. open box never used. Wonder if they still have it... shipping cost is very reasonable.
    [quoted image]

"Vegas style pinball machine"...is that like Chicago style pizza?

#7815 3 years ago

This is the thread to laugh at ridiculously over-priced machines listed on Craigslist and/or Facebook.

And you posted a bunch of over-priced machines for sale...so, I guess it IS on topic...or something.

1 week later
    #7826 3 years ago

Can I get one with just the ones? I don't need the zeros - got plenty of those.

1 week later
    #7842 3 years ago

"needs minor fixing", also "some slight playfield wear".

3 weeks later
    #7861 3 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

“Perfect operating condition” usually means the flippers work, it shoots out a ball, it scores and makes sounds.

That's pretty hopeful...more like "switch turns on, something lights up, and ball is (mostly) still round."

1 week later
    #7876 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

When I started reading the comment, I thought it sounded reasonable. Then I scrolled down and saw the price. lol

Yeah, he knows it's not worth that much, but is hoping that he can stumble into somebody who has more dollars than sense.

1 year later
    #8455 1 year ago

Looks legit to me...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=mbeardsley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.