Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,876 posts
  • 1,040 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by ManyQuarters
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EK 2  (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markharris2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7313 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Sold for $1,375....... That’s crazy! Over 70 bidders. I guess there are a lot of people out there that don’t know how to research something before they buy it.

Now imagine the look on the guy's face when he unboxes his $1300 'pinball' machine, only to realize what he's done....

1 week later
    #7377 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Seller said he had it chromed... exactly what IDK. but not $7,500 worth of chrome

Someone should probably break it to the seller that adding aftermarket mods does very little to raise the retail price of a machine. In some cases, it actually reduces it if the mod is non-reversible. In any case, he's at least 3x too high...

#7383 3 years ago

I owned a Flipper Cowboy in the 1970 timeframe. It was OK. The playfield was pretty standard if I remember correctly, but the main appeal was the backglass gimmick, which allowed the cowboy to shoot a target which spun around. It was like a little animatronic diarama. A gimmick to be sure, but this was from the 60s!!

#7393 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

ebay.com link » Zizzle Pirates Of The Caribbean Dead Man S Chest Pinball Machine
    they want a grand for this one...

Its funny. Even the guy that bought his for $40 says was curious about these Zizzles, and he'll play it for a quick laugh and then take the legs off and store it...

#7400 3 years ago

I don't think I would even want to touch whatever the frig that machine is covered with. Looks like black mold or 50 years of soot/dust. Even the walls behind it are covered in whatever we are looking at... Maybe it was in a fire and it's the only thing left standing!!! LOL

#7403 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

That trick never works.
    [quoted image]

Its a "Card Trix"

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=446&picno=10095

1970 Gottlieb. Probably been sitting there for 50 years!!!!

Cardtrix (resized).jpgCardtrix (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #7422 3 years ago

Not really a laugh, but a smile: sfbay.craigslist.org link

StarWars Episode 1

Looks like a brand new conversion kit from Williams that was stored since purchased way back when... (rubber needs to be replaced due to years of storage)

2 weeks later
    #7469 3 years ago

It will probably be in Nigeria and part of a dead cousin's estate before too long...

2 weeks later
    #7495 3 years ago

Since those pesky 'paddles' work and 'most' features work... such a deal!

#7498 3 years ago

And I reckon their paddles might also be purty...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 week later
    #7520 3 years ago

And it's 'New'... imagine that he has a NEW 1996 machine. How special is that???

Seriously, this scam gets old quick, but then again, there are so many suckers in the general USA that might waste there time trying to get this ficticious $100 machine.

#7533 3 years ago

Crazy priced advertisements used to catch my eye and make me laugh, but I am over it. The best part of capitalism is that people will pay what it is worth to them. In these cases, the likelihood is nobody will pay that much, and after a while of no bids, a dose of reality will set in. They will realize that their pricing is way off and do some research to figure out FMV, then make adjustments if they really want to clear it out (or they will continue to pile old boxes and junk on the glass and leave it in the corner of their garage or basement collecting dust for another 20 years...)

Now imagine the price if they had been told by someone that the "silverballs" were actually made of silver!

1 month later
    #7619 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjail:

Just Unreal
    [quoted image]

But it has keys!!!

2 weeks later
    #7673 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

$3,500 for a wooden box with working lights...great.
    [quoted image]

I can only imagine what the wiring under the playfield looks like now, if the only goal for the old time electrician was to just 'get all the lights working'.... Ouch!

1 week later
    #7692 3 years ago

Hummm. Let's not be too harsh on some less-informed CL sellers. They are probably more familiar with how pricing works with CARS:

A 1964 Mustang cost $2400 in 1964, and the same car in 'player' condition today (LOL) is about $30K. I guess some folks think pinball machines are the same kind of collectible prices????

Uh, no...

#7720 3 years ago

How does one lose that amount of cabinet paint?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markharris2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=markharris2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.