Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,873 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kst8cat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1236 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

$2,200 for an Amigo..come on, who wouldn't pay that. That's a steal.

I know, right? That is a bona fide steal if I ever saw one. I mean, who wouldn't pay that? It's a fair question. You would have to be crazy not to.

1 week later
    #1300 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Re-posted for posterity.

00W0W_b1TWcCbXsN_600x450.jpg

Hey the guy only wants $2500 for that game. I mean, who wouldn't pay that? You know that glass was protected.

#1322 8 years ago
    Quoted from mhkohne:

Well... The one side is sanded clean, the other half way. But the playfield looks OK.
    The price is at least not totally irrational like most. Though I would like to know the story of how the sides got sanded...

Way back when somebody probably wrote or painted graffiti on the cabinet and they decided to sand it off would be my guess.

#1373 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

00i0i_b0DY8Cg1GWq_600x450.jpg
    Looks like there's a few extra numbers in the price....

The reason must be that the instruction manual is included. Those things get lost pretty easily.

#1396 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

He is asking 1200 and says he wont even let you plug it in.....

Why on earth would you want to plug it in? All you really need is the game title, but this guy was nice enough to give you a description plus pictures! Well I don't put up with nitpicky buyers. You pay before you touch is what I always say.

1 month later
    #1724 8 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

" target="_blank">lexington.craigslist.org link
    "It's a Christmas miracle!!!! You've been looking for that special gift for that special someone, look no further. Here's your chance to own your very own WORKING Doodle Bug pinball machine!!! That's right, I said a "working Doodle Bug" pinball machine. Read that last statement again to make sure that your eyes aren't deceiving you. This classic beauty from the early 1970's needs a new home...yours! Don't wait and get Scrooged. Buy this machine or you'll be crying tears of regret all winter."
    There you go folks... for a mere $800 all your Christmas wishes come true!

Man I was all excited to buy this and make all my wishes come true, but then I read the fine print and he says he wants to be paid in cash only; old Halloween candy is not accepted unfortunately.

#1732 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mateo777:

$7000????!
    Old=rare=expensive. I wonder what the real worth of this machine is?

Mr. Pinball 2015 price guide has the value listed at $675. So yeah, hopefully the guy accidentally typed an extra zero there....but I doubt it.

1 week later
    #1792 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Here's a good one:
    The ad writes "1977 williams hoy tip pinball machine for sale was the very last solid state pinball machine williams,made only 4900 made, I'm good condition the painted back glass is,peeling I found,one on eBay for 275 no I haven't purchased it
    the pinball machine is a,rare find and you won't find this model anyware" [sic].
    philadelphia.craigslist.org link

I bet what makes it so rare is having the flippers aligned in such a manner. Probably the LE version.

Hot Tip.jpgHot Tip.jpg

1 month later
    #2000 8 years ago
    Quoted from gameon46:

Freeplay40 that is some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen. And "it fills up fast". Lol

If you want to see the original posting, check this thread out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lessons-hurry-slots-are-filling-up-fast

3 weeks later
    #2248 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Apparently wear around the flipper buttons is still considered mint

Hey now, what were you expecting for $11,000?

3 months later
    #2758 7 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

I think I may win a prize... I don't see this posted up here already (sorry if it has been).
    Folks, I submit for your review the **EXTREMELY RARE** Zizzle Pirates of The Caribbean:
    ebay.com link » Zizzle Pirates Of The Caribbean Pinball Arcade Game Extremely Rare
    Only $2,625 UDS along with a minor $583.27 shipping fee. This is a bargain because the same machine is selling for over $6000 at some other place.
    It is listed in my home town here, Knoxville, TN. Do I dare make an offer to this seller?

Wow, that's a steal! I mean, who wouldn't pay that for a zizzle? You'd have to be a fool not to.

4 weeks later
    #3003 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

BK2k for 8500? Stop it,just stop it, someone fell down and hit their head!
    Mike

Well I guess it's not as bad as $100K for a Back to the Future. Still pretty bad, though.

1 week later
    #3032 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

It was $9550 the other day so it is a real bargain now!

Wow, a $4000 decrease in asking price in just a few days. At this rate the game will be free within a week. (Not holding my breath, however.)

#3056 7 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Separated at birth?

LOL, is that a Gold Wings topper?

1 month later
    #3219 7 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Can't fool you guys. I was just wondering. Don't want to sell. I have one that could pass for huo. I paid 625 about a year ago.

The Mr. Pinball price guide states that it is worth $800, and that price reflects a working game in average condition for its age. Generally this guide is pretty accurate. So if yours is extra nice it should be worth more than that.

4 weeks later
    #3287 7 years ago
    Quoted from flippersticks:

inlandempire.craigslist.org link
    Pinball Sale or Pinball Price Gouge?

Those are all right here on the pin map! Hope they aren't getting out of pinball completely.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/1077-family-amusement-corporation-los-angeles-ca-united-states

1 month later
    #3387 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

6k for a WOZ...I would do that deal.

No it says WWELE, not WOZ ECLE.

1 month later
    #3493 7 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

Guessing he doesn't have the front legs. Unreal what people try to sell.

What good would the front legs do when there's nothing for them to bolt on to? The entire front portion of the cabinet is missing.

1 month later
    #3595 7 years ago
    Quoted from Catalyze:

And I want to know why nobody will trade for the inflatable clown head?

Yeah, I'm puzzled by that one as well. Do you suppose he is holding out for a Big Bang Bar trade offer? Or would he settle for a Monster Bash instead? I mean, who wouldn't want that clown head?

1 month later
    #3770 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

If you follow Chicago CL you will understand.
    chicago.craigslist.org link

LOL, that ad is just perfect.

1 month later
    #4026 6 years ago
    Quoted from avspin:

Great Condition for this price.
    goldcountry.craigslist.org link

If it's HUO it may be worth it.

#4037 6 years ago
    Quoted from Turtle:

This is the toy version. Not even a real pinball machine.
    poconos.craigslist.org link

I'm sure the seller is fully aware that a fifth installment in the series has spiked everyone's interest in all things POTC. So naturally the POTC Zizzle machine is now worth a grand.

2 months later
    #4437 6 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

I can't believe this is still available three days later!
    kansascity.craigslist.org link
    Super Rare Space Invaders Pinball Machine - $6000
    This machine is an incredibly rare find! I had searched for over 3 years on CL to find one of these and I have had it about 7 months. Moving in near future and may want to get rid of some of my stuff. Details:
    Back glass is near perfect
    Cabinet is pretty decent for it's age
    3rd and 4th player do NOT work
    Playfield down by the flippers is rough - you can purchase a new overlay on Ebay for $200
    There is an issue with the sound at times
    Set to free play
    Original manuals
    Has a few targets that need to be fixed but this machine plays well
    This machine is truly a work of art
    With a little TLC this pin could be a great collectors item. I don't HAVE to sell so I'm not really negotiable on price. The Bally Space Invaders Pinball Machines are very hard to find so you won't see this for sale in the near future. There are none of these even on Ebay currently. It's located in my condo with easy access to moving elevator and I have a four wheeler to help move it.

Actually I don't think that one's available anymore. A guy on the local facebook group said he got in a bidding war with other people lined up to buy it and he ended up giving $7,500 for it.

1 month later
    #4722 6 years ago
    Quoted from Higloss67:

Here is a great deal.
    cosprings.craigslist.org link

What did it say? It's been deleted by the author.

1 month later
    #4820 6 years ago

Wow, that's funny. I actually own a CB Charlie which is the same layout as Star Explorer, just different artwork. Not worth anywhere near $1500, believe me.

#4824 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

I bought the DD (Demolition Derby) once for my nephew thinking he would play it. Turn out he likes playing the full size games better. I think I gave $40 bucks for it and by the time I put new rubbers bulbs made some rails for the plexiglass and paint I had more in it then it was worth. I think and don't ask me how I got $150 out of it when I sold it.

I bought mine off craigslist and and even though I did not pay much for it I kind of regret it because it needs a little work. I need to put new rubber and leg levelers on it which is no problem. But the main thing is that a scoring display is not working, and I'm worried I may not be able to find a replacement. Hate to put too much into it, so I may have to sell it with the bad display.

3 months later
    #5280 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

but who puts a pinball in the kitchen?

I've got three in my kitchen right now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kst8cat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=kst8cat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.