5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,770 posts
  • 822 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,261 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

75cba65cc14f537431d0dee14f6e2035620bd48c (resized).jpg
    s104473113960642694_p40_i1_w600 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191206-194401__01 (resized).jpg
    Ouch (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191129-201953_Chrome (resized).jpg
    598089DA-2C64-4DB4-8474-4042F0867408 (resized).png
    AB3CE57E-FCF5-4421-8FE4-E25EE16B4835 (resized).jpeg
    FCB17904-7FD7-471B-9A18-7750689CB4DC (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191126-185612_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-18-23-17-03-1 (resized).png
    AD2C0EB9-2665-4ACB-AF2E-03DD22F8B85C (resized).png
    5B0AFB8C-B77C-4EF7-863D-00CCE4FA5BE1 (resized).jpeg
    Picture 046.jpg
    Screenshot_20191118-072442_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    firepower2 (resized).png
    firepower1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 5 years ago

"In Philadelphia, it's worth fifty bucks." - Trading Places

3 weeks later
    #209 5 years ago

Space Odyssey, only $4000. And to save you the trouble, it's already drilled for a lockbar.

longisland.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
    #272 5 years ago

DE Tommy pin - apparently on ebay it goes for $5,999-10,000, so at $3500 this one is a steal. Only one problem, "onw flupoer is temperamental", whatever that means.

#278 5 years ago

Looks like Gene Roddenberry stole his idea for Trek from Bally!

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Every pin on craigslist is:
    - rare
    - vintage
    - collectable (except by the party selling apparently)
    - overpriced
    - needs to move right away
    - is in 10x worse shape than the description would lead you to believe

and "these are selling on ebay for $XXXX"

#319 5 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

$4K Demolition Man
    " target="_blank">raleigh.craigslist.org link

"Only 7,000 were made making this a likely collectors item in the future."

DM was produced in 1994, just how much farther into the future do we have to wait for this to become a collector's item??

1 week later
    #360 5 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

Haha I saw this one too. Maybe they actually have a TSPP?

Nope, it's definitely listed as a "Date East" machine. Not to be confused with the "Delta East" Simpsons in the TNT youtube video.

#376 4 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Does this one belong here?
    I mean ,I laughed but the guy is being honest.
    westernmass.craigslist.org link

What exactly is he charging $300 for here? It's a pile of "disassembled", "discolored", "crazed", "mouse infested" parts. Around here, that's called "garbage".

1 month later
    #531 4 years ago

Probably not a bad price, but those rubber band flipper rubbers don't quite look "like nu".

newyork.craigslist.org link

1 month later
    #735 4 years ago

Probably not a bad example under all that dirt, but "mint" it ain't, not for $4k.

1 month later
    #950 4 years ago

Oh, what a sad fate.....

"Old 1940s Pinball Machine converted into a fabulous Display Case! It's been turned up right on end. All Original Paint on side depicting Native Americans.

There are 3 heavy glass shelves. Opens in the back and from the top by lifting the coin slot. Metal Pull and Coin Slot are intact. Bottom of case is three glass brick with lighting capabilities. On Wheels. "

1 month later
    #1080 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

We've had a Dr. Dude for sale locally for 1 year+ for $1820.
    I love the rebuttal posts:
    -mof
    dr dude.png

That's awesome. There's been a $1400 Six Million $ Man on CL near me for something like 6 years now......it's simply begging for a $6,000,000 price tag gag post.

2 weeks later
    #1103 4 years ago

"1979 balky Star Trek Pinball Machine - $3000
    Works when it feels like looks great when lit up.
    Just saw one sell on eBay for $10,000"

At first I thought this clown didn't know how to spell Bally, but apparently the machine really is "balky". I don't know what's funnier, that or the $10k ebay Star Trek.

#1110 4 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Only $8500 for a Dolly Parton

That's $500 for the pin and $8000 for the boob job to look like her.

2 months later
    #1216 4 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Did a realtor write this?
    " target="_blank">stlouis.craigslist.org link

Wow, that's quite a hard sell. He did everything but promise that this machine will help you score with the babes.

#1242 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

"Been in a room since I've had it"

Definitely the most useless piece of information I've ever read in a CL description.

1 month later
    #1473 4 years ago

I've never listed anything on ebay, so I have to ask - don't they charge a small amount for every listing, whether something sells or not? Why on earth would someone pay to list a topper that's basically garbage, on the infinitesimal chance that some idiot may want it? And I'll assume that when it doesn't sell, they'll relist it, wasting more money.

#1479 4 years ago

Hook Pinball Machine by Data East - $1900 (Jericho)

Not a bad price or a bad ad, but these are four of the most useless photographs I've ever seen in CL ad. Can you set a jpeg to a compression level of less than zero?

1 month later
    #1671 4 years ago

Looks like a really nice coin door on that EBD too.

3 weeks later
    #1808 3 years ago
    Quoted from Droptargets:

I know this is eBay, but look at this garbage. They should be ashamed.ebay.com link » White Pinball Rubber Rings And A Free Assortment Of Used 47 Light Bulbs

On the bright side, there is a remarkably good set of pictures in the listing. You can see every little detail in the rubbers and bulbs.

#1813 3 years ago

"This was a beautiful pinball machine back glass."

Fixed that for you.

#1830 3 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

PayPal is excepted, one of a kind...Museum quality Addams Family pinball - $58650 (Denville) $100K by Christmas
    newjersey.craigslist.org link

Those aren't even photos of a real Addams Family pin, that's 3rdaxis' 3-d model:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-taf/page/4

#1836 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

If paypal is excepted, then how shall I pay? Also nice catch on the rendering, how dumb does this person think people are? Maybe he doesn't even understand the concept of 3d rendering, found the image on a google search, and thought to himself "ooh, that looks very clean, I use this photo"

Could just be laziness. I make 3d pinball models for the 3dArcade MAME frontend, and several times I've found legit restorers/sellers using the screenshots of my models on their websites instead of photos of the actual machines they have restored & for sale. I can't fathom why, they're not fooling anyone, and if they were decent restorers then they should want to show off their work (maybe I just answered my own question there).

1 month later
    #2086 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I'm looking for one of these in about this condition, but for less than a grand. Are they serious?
    ebay.com link » Like

That price does seem exorbitant for that condition, but the description says make an offer, without the "make offer" button. Possibly he's trying to skirt ebay fees by listing it at such an obviously ludicrous price as to invite email offers.

#2089 3 years ago
    Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

But they are "very collectable!"

Having to note in an ad that something is "very collectable" invariably means "not collectable".

#2092 3 years ago

Drop whatever you're doing....now you can finally upgrade your old worn ball, this guy's got a 1 1/16" chrome plated steel pinball for only 5 bucks. Where else are you gonna find a replacement ball? I envy the guy who gets this ball first, and pity all you other suckas who will have to keep your old, pitted ball to play with. And it's 5 dollars FIRM, no lowballers!! He's got mouths to feed! As the ad states, "well worth it!"

delaware.craigslist.org link

#2094 3 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

At least he wore clothes when he took the pic.

His undershirt, at least. For all we know, he could be taking photos commando.

#2097 3 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

That is the most unbelievable thing i have ever seen lol. Has anyone called this ass clown yet?

It would be hysterical if a whole bunch of pinsiders could coordinate and call him within a spread of a few hours and get into a bidding war over the precious ball.

1 week later
    #2272 3 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

This isn't Craigslist but Ebay. I'm sure many of you have seen this listing because its been posted on Ebay for years, lol. I guess because it has the drop targets (minus the 10 point switches that are suppossed to be behind them) this guy thinks its worth a million dollars. The playfield has wear, the cabinet has what looks to be white paint all over it, i am going to assume that the boards have not been upgraded and bullet proofed otherwise he sury would have mentioned it, the backbox is seperated and split at the seems, the backglass is far from perfect and its generally a mess but best of all is the "out of order" sign on it. But the one they are selling might not be the one pictured? hahaha So i can also assume if its not the one seen in the pictures it must be worse...
    ebay.com link » Firepower Pinball Machine Williams 1980 Feel The Power

I've always wondered how these retail guys make ANY money at all when they have the same pins listed year after year, collecting dust, waiting for the right sucker to come along.

1 week later
    #2363 3 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

This has been reposted on craigslist for a second time this week. For someone to take care of or display.
    " target="_blank">minneapolis.craigslist.org link
    Screenshot_2016-02-15-05-49-02_(resized).png
    Screenshot_2016-02-15-05-48-50_(resized).png

Looks like those backglasses were stored back-to-back, with a handful of sand thrown in between.

1 week later
    #2416 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

this guy wants to trade all of his Donald Trump collection , including toilet paper for a Pinball machine tampa.craigslist.org link

I would sooner keep a termite-infested, mouse-nested, cat-piss-smelling, battery acid-damaged, dried-up rubber, all coils melted, peeling backglass, scraped-up moldy and dildo-filled cabinet, worn-to-wood playfield, hacked wire harness, rusty-legged Raven in the middle of my dining room when my fiancée's entire family is coming for Thanksgiving dinner, than trade it for this guy's collection of crap.

3 weeks later
    #2518 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

That price!!! And it's not like it's a Gold CPR. I guess he doesn't know that preorder has already started and they are about to be back in production
    ebay.com link » Whirlwind Pinball Reproduction Playfield

On the contrary, he probably does know and is trying to sell this for buck$$$ before the new ones are available.

1 week later
    #2542 3 years ago

The CL ad was flagged & taken down very quickly so I didn't get a chance to link/copy it, but on Friday some dude in NYC listed an NBA Fastbreak for free to whoever texted him the best haiku poem.

1 month later
    #2691 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_in_NC:

Shill bidding I'm sure.

Wouldn't that be.......shizzle bidding?

1 week later
    #2718 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Price is fair nice playfield but the way they folded the head is awsome. They folded it with the head bolts in!
    Also the Feel the power in the ad title is from whirlwind not firepower
    ebay.com link » Firepower Pinball Machine Williams 1980 Feel The Power
    "The back panel of the backboard and the particle board panel on the back do have some wear at the bottom -- though not readily visible."

I can hear that nasty CRRRRRRACK of the splitting plywood in my head right now.

#2765 3 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

Not a bad price for a good DE Simpsons backglass but......"the machines are $6500 to $10,000"? Is this guy delusional??

#2807 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

GNC's videos are...painful to watch. They aren't fun or entertaining. And that probably hurts their bottom line quite a bit.

I've been watching a lot of GNC videos the last few days and fully agree. Did Todd do something to piss them off, or do they just feel the need to rag on TNT at every opportunity? Promoting your business by bashing someone else's isn't going to win you any new customers. I enjoy Ray's tech tips and knowledge but the cameraman's endless bashing is tiresome. The constant "you guys suck" overdubs are tiresome. The dog shitting PIP videos are tiresome.

3 weeks later
    #2992 3 years ago

ebay.com link » Space Invaders Pinball Plastics 175 00 Obo

Used set of worn Space Invaders plastics for 175.00?? I pm'ed him for a more realistic price since the brand new CPR set, WITH topper, is available for thirty bucks less than that, and was told "I'm not in a hurry to lower price". Anyone got an original SI "clone chamber" plastic in good condition they'd like to get rid of?

#3017 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

What's this then? Another pinball ransom?! Someone save this pin, before it's too late.
    vancouver.craigslist.ca link

Roller Disco has such a fantastic 70's art package. Hope this gets saved.

1 week later
    #3079 3 years ago

ebay.com link » 1990 Data East Simpsons Pinball Machine Replacement Bart Simpson Sign

Data East Simpsons pinball topper, $300. "I have not been able to find another one online to compare prices".....Really?? I immediately found two that came up in the same ebay search as yours for less than 40 bucks each.

#3090 3 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Wow! his restoration included waxing the playfield.

He's obviously very meticulous. I bet his resto also included a thorough dusting and plugging the plug into an outlet.

2 weeks later
    #3137 3 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

$4200 Fathom, who wants it?
    Check out the playfield, he rates it as a "B" quality rating.
    You cannot properly wax bare wood.
    Game has electronic faults.
    "I know what this game is worth, and how rare it is..."
    Actually, no you don't, and it is not restored.
    The march to the next pinball market stall continues...

What CL area is this and was there another listing for the Mr & Mrs Pacman?

1 week later
    #3163 3 years ago
    Quoted from 4meansduck:

Who wouldn't want to trade a pinball for a huge, clown inflatable that won't provide hours of enjoyment?

Gotta love ads like this. There should just a generic one: "Attention suckers, I'll trade my worthless crap for your valuable collectibles".

2 weeks later
    #3228 3 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Superb condition and CLEAN Star Trek.
    Price for the condition of the cabinet, playfield, and backglass is not out of line today. Cabinet stencil paint is outstanding. Game clearly was either restored on in a home environment for a very long time. Close inspection may even warrant collector condition.
    Dependent on technical and board review, cost is equitable.
    I would buy immediately at this price, if was looking for this title and did not want to conduct restoration efforts.

I see right off the bat that the playfield has had a mini post added between the flippers, and quite off-center too, and that the apron is bent on the left side. Who knows what else would turn up with better detailed photos or closer examination? It's a very nice and clean machine but not a $3k machine.

1 month later
    #3305 3 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

An excellent investment opportunity:

Yeah.....for the seller.

2 weeks later
    #3369 3 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Maybe it's like The Price Is Right, you just have to remove digits until you hit the actual price then you win it. I'm thinking remove the 1, and one of the 0s.

Dude, you read my mind....I was trying to figure a reasonable price from those numbers, and that was the only way to go.

#3371 3 years ago

newjersey.craigslist.org link

"Have these BALLY MYSTIC pinball machine parts. Price from $1.00 to $65.00 Your choice."

Well heck, if it's my choice, I choose $1.00.

1 month later
    #3436 3 years ago

What do you do when you have an extra Barracora backglass and a Pharaoh without a backglass? You put them together and invent a new game, Pharracora!

ebay.com link » Pharoah Pinball Classic

Great deal for the collector who has a Pharaoh backglass without a game and a Barracora game sans backglass. Kill two birds with one stone.

1 week later
    #3485 2 years ago

'Fess up, how many of you clicked on this CL post, just on the one-in-a-million chance that it was actually a Big Bang Bar? I know I did.
    westernmass.craigslist.org link

1 month later
    #3617 2 years ago

maine.craigslist.org link

I'm not obsessive-compulsive, but the orientation of these bumper caps really bugs me.

00i0i_70xDKRLnp5E_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#3619 2 years ago
    Quoted from Warbleboopie:

austin.craigslist.org link
    Oh the bummers and the deflects.

"I am flexible, please be too."

You sure this is an ad for a pinball machine, and not a "casual encounters" ad?

#3637 2 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

What would be the least appropriate / funniest games to have in that shoot that meet their "Mid-80s or later" request?

Too bad it's 80s or newer; 1934 "Crack Shot" would be perfect.

3 weeks later
    #3723 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Excellent condition?? Reconditioned???

Looks like it was reconditioned with shoe polish. "Now go home and get your f--king shine box!"

1 week later
    #3762 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Did you guys miss the part where not only does the machine talk, but it's the first talking pinball ever? Your loss, I just threw an offer for $4500 so I don't have to deal with all the people in line ahead of me. muahahahaha

It's got a modified sound chip that can say "Gorgar...too...much...money" and "Me...Gorgar...you...sucker".

2 weeks later
    #3794 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

They know it doesn't even work!

"Must sacrifice" the ad says. Yes, please do....throw it into a volcano to appease the gods.

1 month later
    #4046 2 years ago

Williams Tri-Zone has a "new bumbler set recently installed". No, I don't know what that means either.

1 week later
    #4074 2 years ago

I recently posted a box of 1940's - 1960's Life magazines in the "free" section of Craigslist. Received several emails, and the one I replied to first was a woman who was a schoolteacher who said she could use them in her classes. Sounded like a good home for WWII and Vietnam-era publications.

This person turned out to be one of the biggest ding-a-lings I've ever dealt with. Long story short, a ridiculous number of back-and-forths to set up a simple pick-up, and then finally she tells me that her niece will pick them up because otherwise she would have to come to Long Island from New Jersey. Then a call from her niece that she's on her way and needs the address. Then a call from the original woman (who I thought lived in New Jersey??) that she needs the address. Then a call from two streets away because she got the address wrong. At this point, I just don't want to deal with her any more, so I write LIFE MAGAZINES in thick letters on the box they're in, and put them outside on my front walk, with the writing facing the street so even an idiot could read it. Of course, two minutes later I get another phone call...."Are those the Life magazines in the box?"

#4081 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

And she is teaching our yutes? Yikes.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

I thought the story would end with now they are for sale on CL.

Good luck if she decides to sell them on CL. I had another batch of them up there, cheap, and no interest at all. Interesting reading, and interesting to peruse thru history, but they're boat anchors.

2 weeks later
    #4143 2 years ago

Apparently Firepower is better known as "Powerball".
    Henceforth, Black Knight will be called by its new name, "Mega Millions".

1 week later
    #4200 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

You have to ask yourself, is there one or two extra zeros in the that price?

Well, is there, punk?

1 month later
    #4518 2 years ago

But he's "sure it's an easy fix." Wonder how many other easy fixes he's sure about?

"My wife isn't speaking to me, but I'm sure I can sweet-talk her out of it."
    "My boss left several angry messages on my answering machine, but I'm sure it's nothing serious."
    "I'm coughing up blood, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with my four-pack-a-day habit."

#4566 2 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Not CL, but this things costs more than what I've paid for any of the complete 11 Williams Machines that I currently / previously owned:
    ebay.com link » Williams Em Pinball Machine Arcade Game Stainless Coin Door With Frame

Jeez, if they were gonna regrain that stainless steel coindoor, they could at least have made it look better than a ten year old kid with a piece of sandpaper could have done.

1 month later
    #4798 2 years ago
    Quoted from cutlerkeith:

Great deal on this one. Just a little bat poo.
    denver.craigslist.org link

That High Speed is guano clean up real nice.

1 week later
    #4838 2 years ago

ebay.com link » 1977 Evel Knievel Bally Pinball Machine Great Working Condition

Sign taped to lockdown bar says "DO NOT TOUCH".....for $7500, don't worry, no one will.

#4850 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I just offered him 100. I might retheme it if I can find a backbox.

Kudos to you, at least it won't end up in a landfill.....hopefully.

1 month later
    #4965 2 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Saw this one today...I think they have one too many zeroes.
    greenbay.craigslist.org link
    Dave

Ad says "no children used it". That's really pretty sad.

2 months later
    #5331 1 year ago

PLEASE DO NOT Tell this guy how much you think this machine is worth, because HE REALLY DOES NOT CARE.

cl (resized).jpg

#5357 1 year ago

Mater of Time, that's like Father Time's wife?

3 weeks later
    #5441 1 year ago

"Can you tell me more about it?" I just friggin spit out my cookies!!

1 month later
    #5548 1 year ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Ugh, gotten a notification every three or four days on this thing for at least a year

Buy it and throw it in the garbage. It'll be the best ten bucks you ever spent.

#5554 1 year ago
    Quoted from Scribbles:

Even better, buy it, then smash it to oblivion in the sellers driveway, turn around without saying a word, and leave

Quoted from Puffdanny:

Theres a $10 toy pinball that pops up every few days in the Detroit area if I was closer I would go get it to smash.I have emailed them twice offering to send cash if they would just throw it in the trash.

With all the ubiquitous specific-game Pinside clubs here, that gives me an idea for a really good one: the "Smashed $10 Pinball Toy Game from an Annoying Craigslist Advertisement Club". You become a member by posting a photo of yourself with the game pre-smashed, and then smashed.

2 weeks later
    #5617 1 year ago

boston.craigslist.org link

Eight Ball Deluxe...."the limited edition model has the rarer, more collectible cabinet style."

Wow, did not know those were the more collectible versions. Anybody want to trade me their Centaur II with the rarer cabinet style and half-size backglass for my full-size original Centaur?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jibmums.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside