5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,912 posts
  • 835 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,289 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E3D86D96-3789-476A-9FDB-254FC6B0CEBF (resized).jpeg
    CL1 (2) (resized).jpg
    wagon train (resized).jpg
    Pinballmachine (resized).png
    2A618F8D-EAAF-4800-AAB1-92DD4C2EC858 (resized).png
    PinballShark (resized).JPG
    JJP PoC (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200117-220348_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 9.20.28 PM (resized).png
    2F3C666F-28E1-4AE1-AC6C-127FF5D7BEF9 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200112-234317__01 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-122632_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Poker (resized).png
    1D4A4CEC-033A-416D-87A7-44917CCC8C28 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.16.03 AM (resized).png
    1qi8cf (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

274 posts in this topic match your search for posts by forceflow. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #54 5 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

This one is great: charlotte.craigslist.org link
    Some go for $6-24,000!

Looks like it just dropped from $1000 to $800. At this rate, it will probably take a few weeks to get to the "real" price.

And he removed the part about it being worth $6k.

Pirates of the Caribbean dead mans chest pinball machine! Yes it works and all lights light up and everything. I have a lil kid now and don't really have the room anymore. I told myself I would NEVER get rid of it but more important things are going in my life now and now it can be yours. I am only asking 800

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

" target="_blank">roanoke.craigslist.org link

Storage units in the background for the win!

What will it cost if you move it yourself?

Also, bwuh?

Cash only, if you ask for my personal paypal and or mailing address information I will report you to homeland security for internet fraud.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

And I am sure that's not a photo of the actual machine, but rather one from the internet.

Yep, it's a photo of one of treasure cove's restoration project photos, not actually a photo of the machine as-is by the seller.

#85 5 years ago

Report them. It's basically spam at that point. They're using CL as their storefront, and it's kind of an abuse of the system.

Yeah, ads that list keywords that have nothing to do with the item being sold annoy me too.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Just saw this listing. Person's asking $25 for a box... annarbor.craigslist.org link

A bargain, considering someone else was asking $200 for an empty box a while back.

1 month later
    #193 5 years ago

Not craigslist, but still completely rediculous nonetheless:

ebay.com link » Vintage Pinball Machine Spare Part Chromed Steel Ball

A rusty, used ball for $20 on ebay. With $18 shipping.

#196 5 years ago

Post edited by ForceFlow: nevermind, the ebay link was broken, now it's fixed

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Posting expired.

page not found

Those ads were posted over a month ago. I'm not surprised they're gone now.

2 weeks later
    #212 5 years ago

$3300 for a NOS populated EATPM playfield.

ebay.com link » New Old Stock Elvira And The Party Monsters Pinball Machine Playfield From Bally

Isn't that more than what the whole machine goes for?

1 week later
    #253 5 years ago

This one is a bit more: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Phantom of the Opera - Pinball Machine - $2900

I have an exceptionally, super clean "Phantom of the Opera" pinball machine. 1990 Data-East. It maybe even HUO as it is super clean, inside out, no dings and boards in new condition (no burns). Works 100%. Local pickup preferred. If interested, I can provide more pictures.

#299 5 years ago

Someone is looking to trade a safe for a pin. Kind of an odd trade request if you ask me...

cnj.craigslist.org link

00u0u_h4DgT7k4Kwb_600x450.jpg

TRADE MY SAFE FOR A PINBALL MACHINE OR PACMAN COFFIE TABLE SIZE

MY SAFE NEW IS 1250.00

SO FOR AN EVEN TRADE I NEED A GOOD WORKING PINBALL / PACMAN GAME

Gardall 1818/2 Two Hour Record Safe

Interior Dimensions- 18"H x 12" W x 17 3/4" D

Exterior Dimensions- 25"H x 17 1/4"W x 25 3/4"D

Weight- 392 lbs

One Interior Shelf

* Add 2" to outside depth for handle, dial and hinge projection.

Statistics show that if a company's records are lost in a fire, 17% can no longer furnish a financial statement, 14% suffer a reduction in credit rating and 43% go out of business completely. No home or business is safe from fire. Your vital records and possessions are only as safe as the quality of protection you provide for them. With Gardall fire resistive safes, you can be confident your records will survive.

Standard Features

Thick 4 1/4" door with recessed anti-pry design. Safe walls are 2 1/2" thick
    Five active bolts that lock in 3 directions, massive 1" diameter round bolts that extend deep into safes body
    Center bolt down hole for easy installation (hardware included)
    Plush carpeted quality interior to protect jewelry and valuables
    UL listed Group II high security lock, mechanical or electronic available
    UL 2-hour fire label, furnace-tested to 1850°F for 2 hours. Interior temperature of safe was less than 350°F during the test and cool down
    and a UL Residential Security Container Label (RSC)
    Solid chrome-plated handle with shear point to prevent the safe from being forced open by handle attack
    Independent re-locker and hardplate to prevent drilling attack on locking mechanism

YES THE SAFE IS PRE OWNED BUT ITS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION ANY NEWER IT WOULD STILL BE IN THE BOX

NO SHIPPING MUST PICK UP I CAN HELP WITH LOADING BUT YOU MAY WANT TO BRING AN EXTRA PERSON TO HELP

1 month later
    #501 5 years ago

newjersey.craigslist.org link

Antique Gottlieb Arcade model Pinball machine(functional) - $25000 (New Jersey)

Antique Arcade model Gottlieb pinball machine. Totally functional & in great shape. Also, a 48"
    Howard Miller Antique Gym clock.

Pinball machine: $ 25,000 firm

Clock:$ 1,875

Serious inquirers only

hahahahaha...no.

#505 5 years ago

I think someone stumbled upon one of the weirder corners of craigslist...

#507 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

What no pictures?

I sent an inquiry just for the heck of it to see what this guy had. No response yet.

I'm guessing it's just a common game in poor shape, and the fellow is drastically overestimating it because it's "old".

#513 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

As if I don't have better ways to spend my time ... here' my reply:

This fellow responded to me as well, and I more or less offered a similar "unsolicited advice" response.

#530 5 years ago

How about $1k for an Atari Superman? Flaking backglass, wear spots on playfield, missing a flipper...but it was tested and working 8 year ago!

ebay.com link » Superman Pinball Machine Working

#532 5 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Probably not a bad price, but those rubber band flipper rubbers don't quite look "like nu".
    newyork.craigslist.org link

I think I saw the same one a couple months back for $250 further upstate.

#561 5 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Define "Needs a little work"
    ebay.com link » Gottlieb Super Score Pinball Machine Needs A Little Work Save

Barrywnj is always posting stuff on ebay that looks rough...

1 week later
    #609 4 years ago

Buck Rogers with a playfield worn to the wood for $1375

Up for sale is a Buck Rogers pinball machine by Gottlieb. This pinball is based on the 1979 movie Buck Rogers in the 25th Century as well as the TV series starring Gil Gerrard and Erin Gray. The machine is in nice working condition as well as it has new rubbers and bulbs. Machine is used and shows signs of wear on the playfield, however there is mylar now protecting it from further wear. Cabinet is in good shape, as well as the backglass is also in nice condition. Check the pictures out or come and see the machine to take it home today.

00505_8Tn4N2Rt48L_600x450.jpg

#618 4 years ago
    Quoted from NunjoBiznezz:

Rare keys!
    cleveland.craigslist.org link

$1500?!? lol

1 week later
    #678 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Love this one
    columbus.craigslist.org link
    Sucks that they did it but it is still funny.

Ugh, that's awful. And they still want $1k for it? Sheesh.

#681 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I had no idea my two games were worth so much. haha
    ebay.com link » Williams Dipsy Doodle Em Pinball Machine Free Shipping
    ebay.com link » Stern Big Game Classic Pinball Machine Free Shipping

Looks like they're from a professional restore shop. Prices will always be inflated from shops.

#695 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dano:

" target="_blank">denver.craigslist.org link
    Why do people see a listing on ebay that does NOT sell and think that is what things are "going for"

They don't know how to search for "sold" listings on ebay, and finding sold listings is not a default option.

#697 4 years ago
    Quoted from locdb:

How about $5,200 for a Stargate with only 50 hours on it:
    buffalo.craigslist.org link

I like how the photo is reversed, lol

I wonder why that was necessary...

00d0d_1bAQMTqyyjs_600x450.jpg

#713 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Triple action - $5000 obo
    cnj.craigslist.org link

The guy had it listed for $25k a few weeks back. At least he lowered the price

2 weeks later
    #819 4 years ago
    Quoted from WApb:

seattle.craigslist.org link

Original ad:

Hit me up via text or call for more info need gone ASAP.
    Got this non working pinball game with hopes of fixing up 3 years later my partners says Its gotta go.

01212_5QfsXJeek0o_600x450.jpg

Whoa....

Looks like the front of the cabinet is rotting, and the backbox rotted and fell off backwards.

#826 4 years ago

Nice find.

That being the case, I think there some trolling going on

#840 4 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Clint Eastwood theme???? That's a stretch. For a second I thought we had a cheap DH for sale in these parts.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link
    Its a Cue Ball Wizard if it gets removed, that guy looks nothing like Clint!

The comparison to the likeness/voice has been made before, so it's not really that far out in left field.

The real question is...why did they take a photo of the photo displayed on their phone?

01111_p1f6Ccu74l_600x450.jpg 01212_b8V1kaZYovp_600x450.jpg
    1 week later
    #878 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingDaddy:

Black Rose for a $1,000... Exceptional condition
    providence.craigslist.org link

I've seen that photo before...somebody's probably trolling craigslist again.

3 weeks later
    #951 4 years ago

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Vintage 1981 Bally Medusa Arcade Coin-Op Pinball Machine - $800 (PHOENIXVILLE)

I have a 1981 Bally Medusa coin-op pinball machine. It turns on and lights up but does not start a game. Playfield has some paint wear in the center. Backglass is in beautiful condition.

"Some" wear? Yikes...it's more than just some...

00x0x_39Fdy5ouoCT_600x450.jpg
    #953 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Oh, what a sad fate.....
    "Old 1940s Pinball Machine converted into a fabulous Display Case! It's been turned up right on end. All Original Paint on side depicting Native Americans.
    There are 3 heavy glass shelves. Opens in the back and from the top by lifting the coin slot. Metal Pull and Coin Slot are intact. Bottom of case is three glass brick with lighting capabilities. On Wheels. "

That one has been on and off craigslist for a long time.

2 weeks later
    #985 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Counterpoint:
    humboldt.craigslist.org link

Here's the ad in case it gets taken down:

Imperial II-class Star Destroyer
    odometer: 99999999999999999
    fuel : other transmission :
    other title status : parts only
    condition: salvage

I just wanted to make sure people are aware, this is a total scam. I drove all the way out there to look at this thing and the guy wanted a huge deposit before he'd even let me take it for a spin.

After looking around a bit I'd be surprised if this thing could even finish the Kessel run, let alone do it in a decent time. It's totally infested with roaches and womp rats, so when you figure the cost of a 6.2 trillion cubic foot fumigation job, this thing is a total write-off for that reason alone.

I know it's had Sand People in it, but all the tracks are single file so who knows how many have been in there or what parts they've ripped off.

You can't even get this thing licensed in most states until you remove all 384 turbolasers and the ion cannons will have to be retrofitted with low-capacity magazines (thanks Obama), and there's no way this thing is ever going to pass emissions.

The "carbon scoring" is conveniently makes the serial numbers unreadable, so I can't even verify what model year this thing is, but I suspect that it's the year that no one wants because there weren't any handrails on the control deck. The whole "open bridge" thing was a terrible idea. It's like the Pontiac Aztec of star destroyers.

So save yourself a trip. The guy just wants this crap off his farm but doesn't want to pay the Jawas to haul it away.

Believe me, this isn't the star destroyer you're looking for.

#989 4 years ago
    Quoted from Redknight87:

Nothing can beat the star destroyer, but this one is pretty bad. Check out his "restored" values!
    houston.craigslist.org link

"May need a fuse" and "worth 10k". lol

Antique Slot Machine for sale, asking $295 or better offer.

Antique Elvis Pinball machine, asking $950 or better offer. Needs to be cleaned. It was in storage with carpet on top that left residue on the glass and rails. Est value $1500-$2500 or $7500-$10K restored.

Asking $1150 for both.

Both items worked before they were put in storage, but they may need a fuse or a little work to get running again. They belong to my Father and he does not know how to work on them so he is selling them.

Email with contact info if you are interested.

00s0s_fhQxeUD9vfn_600x450.jpg
    2 weeks later
    #1043 4 years ago
    Quoted from P2K:

On the Dallas Tx CL now:
    "Vintage pinball machine that is missing top glass and needs a little tweaking to function"
    It took me a while to notice it was missing a bit more than just the top glass.
    Alan

00h0h_jAAzKDncy9n_600x450.jpg

It's for air flow. Those things get hot, you know

#1045 4 years ago

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

The part about contacting the guy is the real kicker.

I have two Pinball Machines for sale, I have had them and taken care of them for the past 21 years. Both are in good working order and have recently had all bumpers replaced and internal boards have been restored professionally within 3 years. They just dont get used anymore and are taking up space and need to go reasonable offers accepted but dont bother low balling me I have had these for 20 years whats another month.

The cyclone machine is missing 1 sticker that is easily available or you can print yourself and apply to ferris wheel. It features Ronald and Nancy Reagan in the front seat of the roller coaster. This machine is in good working order and can be coin operated if you want We are asking $2000 or best realistic offer for this machine. I paid $1200 to have it completely gone through and new bumpers and a custom motherboard made for it 3 years ago.

Lethal Weapon 3 With danny Glover and Mel Gibson was also completely gone through all new bumpers and solenoids were replaced as needed and this machine is also in great working order We are asking $2000 or best realistic offer for this machine as well.

Any questions or to try them please call or email the contact information, please include email address and put Pinball machines for sale in the subject line or we wont respond and it will be instantly deleted. Scammers go away I know your game and will not respond, but will happily forward your information to the FBI internet fraud task force

Thanks for looking

1 week later
    #1063 4 years ago
    Quoted from seven:

Where do they even come up with the prices on these things? Amazing.

ebay.

#1067 4 years ago

Well, the back-glass doesn't look too bad,
    ebay.com link » Project Bally 039 Playboy 039 Pinball Machine

Didn't that machine already surface on craigslist a while back, or am I just imagining things?

#1075 4 years ago
    Quoted from Newstrish:

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link
    $6000 AFM

I don't quite understand why this one is here. It has been listed for months, though.

#1083 4 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

There is a new 6MDM movie coming out, maybe they are holding out for a big payday.

There was a bionic woman TV show reboot a few years back. It didn't last long.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bionic_Woman_%282007_TV_series%29

The concept of bionic enhancements/replacements and cyborgs isn't nearly as novel today as it was back in the 70s since we actually have bionic devices today (cochlear implants, advanced prosthetics, bionic eyes to a limited degree, plus all sorts of other devices).

1 month later
    #1170 4 years ago

Another "it's just a fuse" pin.

Somehow I don't believe that.

cnj.craigslist.org link

I have a city of gold pinball machine for sale it turns in but the flippers dont work it just needs some fuses replaced

$575 or best reasonable offer

00C0C_7ZniHGm50f8_600x450.jpg

1 week later
    #1178 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

That looks like a good deal. Drop some pin knowledge on these ignorant bozos and talk 'em down to dirt cheap.

I might have gone for it, but it was a bit far for me for a pin I don't have much interest in. I'm sure someone got a buy. I posted it more for the "it's just a fuse" comment

4 weeks later
    #1247 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Never been off planet Earth. Earth Use Only.

Hasn't been outside the milky way! Low milage! It's out of this world, but still in this galaxy!

1 week later
    #1284 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

REALLY NICE FH: by really nice, he means badly scratched cab, dinged head, scratched to hell coin door, faded cab, ball trails and dirt everywhere. Ok, now I get it.
    But hey, "It's a chance to save $$$!" Oh is it?
    How about $2000-2200 for a beater FH? No, you'll only pay a low price of $3600. Yeeeaahhhhhh...
    -mof
    sacramento.craigslist.org link

"Just need it gone"...the price doesn't seem to reflect that. $500 and it would be gone

#1288 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I really wish I understood this guy's logic. Been trying to sell this crappy "pinball" machine for 3-4 years now, wanted $800 firm the entire time. Can't sell it at $800, now he wants $1k? If.... nobody wanted to buy it at $800, what makes you think they'd want it for a thousand.. just wondering
    chicago.craigslist.org link

Maybe he's doing the same thing that overpriced clothing stores do--raise the price way up, and then when it drops back to "normal", it seems like a bargain because it's a 30% off sale from the crazy high price

#1298 4 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

A Yes theme!
    Actually, it's pretty cool!
    E

I saw this up close at the JJP open house. It wasn't really done very well. The artwork looks like it was just printed out legal sized paper, so seams were visible. Most of the print-outs were trimmed very poorly, which is especially noticeable on the plastics. Honestly, I'd say it's only worth about $50 just for the parts you could strip off it. It may have been a labor of love to create it, but it's very amateurish attempt and not something I'd hang on my wall.

#1299 4 years ago
    Quoted from jboner1058:

harrisburg.craigslist.org link
    OH LORD THE DUCT TAPE!

Re-posted for posterity.

Gottlieb EM pinball worked when stored. will probably need contacts cleaned and new rubber($35). Selling due to moving. Fairly rare Machine. Good shape otherwise. Tape on picture to protect glass in shipping. Can deliver to curb if purchased before I unload it in about a week.

00W0W_b1TWcCbXsN_600x450.jpg

Honestly, it's not that bad. Use some goo gone on it to remove the tape without ripping off the artwork, and it will probably be fine.

#1333 4 years ago
    Quoted from KennyL:

Oh wow. The one on the mini-bike near the right slingshot. Playfield restoration with maximum "artistic liberty".
    Compare the third pic in the Craigslist listing: lancaster.craigslist.org link
    to the pic here in IPDB: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1604&picno=22173&zoom=1

The post is gone. Did you save the image?

For anyone posting a link to an ad, please include an image and the text of the ad so we can enjoy it after it disappears.

#1341 4 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Um... what's going on here?
    detroit.craigslist.org link
    "sold 2500 craigslist clowns Rocky & BullWinkle Pinball Machine - $2800
    [single, low-res photo of an R&B cabinet in a dark room]
    some of most rude people god ever put on this earth 1993 Data East Rocky & BullWinkle Pinball Machine is in good overall working condition- playfield 9/10, cabinet 7/10 minimal scratches. will do fair trade no junk firm 2800.00 firm
    SOLD 2500.00 YOU craigslist clowns not 500 or 800 or 1000 or 1800 or 2000 2500 you craigslist clowns . some of most rude people god ever put on this earth...very sorry to all my good pinball friends.sorry"

He probably got frustrated with the mountain of responses and lowballers even though he said firm in the listing.

#1345 4 years ago
    Quoted from Okarcades:

sd.craigslist.org link
    F-14 $2500 I emailed the guy he said he has never waxed it

Heh...if I had a nickel every time I took off the lockbar and removed the glass and the (soon to be former) owner said, "wow, I didn't know you could do that"

#1355 4 years ago
    Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

"These old pinball machines sell for 6K and up!"
    He's practically GIVING it away!
    houston.craigslist.org link

gorgar.jpg

He's sitting on a goldmine!

#1358 4 years ago

To bad he didn't post pictures of the acctual game he has and posted stock photos instead.

Pfft...what for? They're all the same anyway.

#1367 4 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

syracuse.craigslist.org link

Pin ball machine - $21750 (cicero)

Gottlieb Monte Carlo pin ball michine. Works well. Comes with instruction manual.
    Cash on pick up only.

00i0i_b0DY8Cg1GWq_600x450.jpg

Looks like there's a few extra numbers in the price....

#1391 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Didn't see anything on CPR's site about this playfield.

They came out in mid-2012, and are most likely all sold out, so they aren't listed on the site.

The photo gallery: http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo106.html

1 week later
    #1450 4 years ago

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry...

albany.craigslist.org link

Pre wwII pinball playing field coffee table - $225

Pre World War Two pinball playing field, that I made into a coffee table. Still needs finishing touches, a finish on the paint job and a border to secure the glass on top. Also still have the rest of the machine, the face and base and legs (legs not original). The machine was called "jungle". Paint job started was to match the original base. $225 obo. Text only please.

As far as low-res CL photos go, the playfield might actually be decent.

00h0h_9qQUNeVMq7A_600x450.jpg
    00a0a_4Ml1eaSf0Up_600x450.jpg
    00j0j_4rFHWA1wDEZ_600x450.jpg

#1452 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

stlouis.craigslist.org link
    Pin based on the TV show Supernatural.

Neat idea, cringewothy execution

#1464 4 years ago

How about this melted topper? It's been on ebay for months now...

ebay.com link » Williams Pinball Taxi Original Pinball Topper Fire Damaged 1988

1.jpg

2.jpg

#1466 4 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

Why would anyone want that?!

The better question is--why would anyone bother to try to sell it? I'd put it straight into the garbage.

#1491 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lonzo:

Pinball Machine private collection liquidation-First Come-First serve!
    littlerock.craigslist.org link

A Genie for $2k? Selling fast? Riiight...

#1508 4 years ago

Some guy near me wanted to trade a pin for an electric golf cart. Seems to be kind of an oddly specific item to trade for.

newhaven.craigslist.org link

Mario andretti Pinball machine in trade for Elctric Golf cart

Looking for Electric Golf cart in great shape. I have a Mario Andretti pin ball machine that is in very good condition and works well. I am willing to kick in some cash. I do not want a fixer upper or anything old.

#1527 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

What does Neiman Marcus have to do with Star Wars?

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Abolutely nothing.
    Its a high end store for spoiled rich people, who want to overpay for everything.

Pretty much. I didn't recognize the name in association with Star Wars either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neiman_Marcus

#1539 4 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

This person insist upon calling their back glasses ... "pinball fronts"
    I have politely informed them they are called the pinball "back glass", I have even told them the word "back glass / backless" might help them sell. But, apparently I don't know what I am talking about.
    louisville.craigslist.org link

Actually, some of the best deals I've found are when sellers don't use the correct terminology.

1 week later
    #1554 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ring-Them-Bells:

columbiamo.craigslist.org link
    "I am selling an antique "vintage" Japanese pinball machine. The "Pachinko" game is most easily described as the pinball game. The one I have is in great condition although it needs the steel balls replaced. They were missing when I acquired it. I am asking $ 700.00 a bargain considering they can easily be sold for $1000 and up. This money is needed to go towards transportation so I can get back and forth to work. I would be open to trading it for a scooter / moped something that I don't need to insure or tag. Be realistic and dont insult my intelligence plz."

When a seller has to say something is a bargain, it usually isn't.

1 week later
    #1598 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Any ad I see with a photo of a bunch of pinballs sitting in a warehouse or workshop, and they want to buy any pinball you have for sale (collectors are picky, resellers aren't), I flag it. If you're a commercial business, then state that. Don't claim to be just another collector looking for a pinball to add to it, because you're not.

Not all collectors are picky. I'll pick up just about anything if the price is right.

#1604 4 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

This $50 Xenon has me intrigued. Seems the parts alone would be worth that...
    nh.craigslist.org link

It was probably gone in 10 minutes. I tried contacting the seller, but got no response.

#1617 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Machine has one known blown solenoid and therefore is not currently functioning, it should be an easy fix

Looks like it's also missing a score reel.

#1621 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Love it:
    salem.craigslist.org link
    TITLE: "pinball machine - $1800"
    BODY: pinball machine in great condition. text me for any questions"
    (no pic)
    Seriously?

#1623 4 years ago

I saw this pop up early this morning:

free-pinball-craigslist.jpg

But it was an image pulled from an ebay listing. So I figured it was fake.

A short time later, the listing was flagged and another post went up:

its-a-trap.jpg

#1652 4 years ago

Pinball & Arcade Collection. 52 Machines. Most Beautifully Restored

GAMES FOR SALE
    Arcades and condition. All games work perfect unless noted. Most are beautiful restorations. Some are all orig.

1: Kangaroo. Orig and beautiful. $900
    2: Berzerk. Orig and beautiful $1500
    3: Astro Invaders. Orig and very nice. $750
    4: Monaco Gp. Decent cond works perfect $800 (SOLD)
    5: Turbo. Restored mint $1200
    6: Donkey Kong. Restored Mint $2500
    7: Baby pacman. Restored mint. $2800
    8: Centepede. Restored mint $1200
    9: Defender. Restored mint $1400
    10. Champion Baseball. Restored Nice. $750
    11. Space invaders. Restored Mint $1200
    12. Robotron. Restored Mint $2500
    13. World Class Bowling 24 in large ver. Decent $550
    14. Road Blasters. Restored Mint $1200
    15. Dig Dug. Restored Mint $1500
    16. Track and Field (button ver). Restored mint $2500
    17. Asteroids. Restored Mint $1400
    18. Asteroids Deluxe. Orig very nice $800
    19. Night Driver. Orig Mint $1200
    20. Video Pinball. Orig Mint $900
    21. Attaxx. Restored Mint $550
    22. 10 yard fight. Orig rough. $475
    23. Missle Command Table top. Restored mint. $1100
    24. Missle command upright. Orig Nice. $1100
    25. 20 In 1 multicade. Nice $900
    26. Street Smart. Orig. Nice $575
    27. Elevator action. Orig Decent Green taito cab $800
    28. Arkanoid. Orange rare taito cab. Rough. $575
    29. wipeout. Rare 4 player pong. Decent. Spinners don't work. $900
    30. Arch rivals. Orig. rough. $575
    31. Tecmo bowl. Superrare! Orig large cab. Nice. $3500
    32. Turbo Mini. Orig decent. $625
    33. Poker Machine. Boots up but screen garble. Would be a nice conversion cab to a Multi or Mame $150
    34: MAME Arcade. Rough Cab. New Control Panel. 1000`s of games. Nice flat panel. $1500

Pinballs
    1:Firepower. Restored mint $2800
    2:Firepower 2 restored mint with LED Displays. $3200
    3:Flash. Restored mint $1700
    4:Silverball. Restored mint $2200
    5:Space Shuttle. Restored cab. Rest is orig nice $2200
    6:Mr & Mrs Pacman. Restored very nice not mint $2200
    7:World Series Pitch and bat 1964. Orig decent. Didn't want to restore its so rare I kept it orig. $5000
    8:Flash Baseball. Restored Cab. Rest orig Very nice. $1400
    9:Toledo. Restored Cab. Otherwise orig. very nice $750
    10:Volcano. Restored mint $2600
    11:Phoenix. Restored mint $1700
    12:Gold record. Orig. back glass perfect , playfield decent, Restored Cabinet $750
    13:Dipsey Doodle. Pre production rare back glass nice. Playfield nice. Restored Cabinet $850
    14; Spring Break.. Beautiful Restoration $2200
    15 Freedom Beautiful Restoration $1600
    16: Hot Tip. Older Restoration $1400
    17: Haunted House. Beautiful Restoration $4600
    18: Close Encounters. My best looking machine of collection. Museum quality restoration $2800

No lowballers, spam, ham, bottom feeders looking to flip on ebay forget it. This collection is high end fully working for a collector not a flipper.
    The prices are for top quality games. This should blow away 99 percent of the scum, but will not scare a high end collector . Ebay isn't a good reflector of price as when I checked last week, a lot of my titles have never been sold in TOP QUALITY CONDITION.

Terms: Do not ask for pictures. If you want to see the games in person face to face ill need 2 things.
    1: $100 deposit before you arrive. Your choice of how this deposit is made.
    2: I must verify your funds on the game you placed a deposit on before you arrive.
    I do not do Flea-bay, Paypal or credit card. I collected these over the years with cash face to face transactions, and so shall you.

Who in their right mind would give a $100 deposit to an anonymous CL poster without *at least* proof of ownership via photos?

#1654 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

If he doesn't accept PayPal or credit card, how are you supposed to get the $100 to him prior to showing up?

Haha, good point.

Maybe the guy probably doesn't actually want to sell any of them and the wife is making him put up an ad.

#1657 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I asked a few questions and for pictures, this is part of his reply...
    ******************************************************************************************************
    Let's get something straight.
    At all costs I am avoiding the standard scumbag.
    If you want to buy a game you will make the deposit. It's a hundred bucks. If your spending $2k that should t be an issue.
    So, pay deposit and the game will be held for you.
    No haggle price. When you show up the posted price is the deal. If you don't buy it your out $100.
    I'm not posting pics so every 10 min the ad gets flagged I have to re upload. I have the text in an auto poster so if its flagged it just reloads in 10 min.
    Reply to this email and I'll send you 2 pics only. So choose wisely what titles you want to see.
    *******************************************************************************************************
    WTF pay $100.00 just to see the game weather you buy it or not!

That's insane.

Thanks for posting the response.

#1667 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

So specific!
    madison.craigslist.org link
    "Pinball machines wanted, parts , as well as parts games. Let me know what you have and the name of your machine. Cash paid for these and they can be from year 1935 and up."
    Translation: I'll take pretty much any pinball machine or pinball related item in any condition.. Unless it's pre world war II bagatelle, then I get picky

I'll pick up pretty much any SS stuff if the price is right, so that ad isn't really that outlandish. On the other hand, some folks only go after specific things. It all depends on the type of enthusiast/collector you are.

#1670 4 years ago

I have used EBD cabinets just like one and rebuilt complete games. It a shame to see them basically thrown away by people who part them out for quick cash.

Yup, it's a shame. You can see in one of the photos that the displays are in the game.

Both games look pretty good cosmetically (as far as low-res CL photos go, anyway).

#1675 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Chuckles is now trying to pull the same sh*t on Ebay, check it out:
    ebay.com link » Arcade And Pinball Entire Collection

#1704 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Chuckles is now trying to pull the same sh*t on Ebay, check it out:
    ebay.com link » Arcade And Pinball Entire Collection

Now he's selling a CD of photos.

1 week later
    #1774 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Just seen this on CL and had to share.
    " target="_blank">philadelphia.craigslist.org link
    I've got some pinball machines here for sale.
    I typically prey on people who don't know what they have, and lowball them so I get them for less than 25% of what they're worth. Then I rub my stank ass body sweat and grease from my slick hair all over the play field and polish 'em up. I call that shopping. That's what we do in my homeland. Who cares about my green card, I'm a used car salesman full time just trying to find new avenues to rip people off in.
    Oh, once these games are what I consider to be "great condition!!!" I then tack on a markup that prices these things a good 30-50% over what the high end retail should be on a museum quality piece.
    Did I mention I am buff and lift weights? I get roid rage when you bastards flag my ads. One day I'll run you over with my Porsche when I find you.
    Email us for a full up to date list of Pinball Machines and LED bulbs. Coming soon, find me on RipoffReport.com and a retail store for pinball parts and video games in Feasterville PA .

There was another PA post a couple days ago claiming lightsout pinball was ripping people off. Sounds like someone had an axe to grind, just like this ad.

#1778 4 years ago

Someone on the Boston CL has been posting a "pinball machines wanted" ad over and over again for weeks.

Someone else just posted a response: boston.craigslist.org link

Re__Pinball_Machines_Wanted.jpg

2 weeks later
    #1852 4 years ago

This is...erm...different

DeLong Hand Carved Indian Chief Slot Machine - $2000 (Phoenixville)

This is a hand carved wooden Indian Chief with a War Eagle slot machine in his chest! He stands 6' tall and is fully working and in excellent condition!

The Indian Chief slot machine was carved by Dick DeLong, a renowned wood carver, located in western Pennsylvania. It is signed by him to authenticate his work. In his chest is a remanufactured War Eagle slot machine which works perfectly, including the jackpot!

Mr DeLong creates his characters out of basswood, the same type of wood from which cigar store Indians were made. Although he has carved many different types of statues, he is perhaps most famous for his Indian characters.

He uses authentic materials to make their clothing. For example, war bonnets for the Indians come from Native Americans on reservations.

His creations are well known the world over. A number of celebrities have contacted DeLong for his work and every once in a while one of his pieces are seen on television or in a movie.

I've had him for a number of years, but it's finally time to let him go to make room for some other acquisitions. Let this mighty Indian warrior grace your gameroom or mancave and enjoy playing him for years to come!

DeLong character slots typically sell for $3500 or more on Ebay and at antique shows, but this one can be yours for $2000! I will also consider trades or partial trades on later model pinball machines or other quality antique slot machines.

00c0c_3GF8qLvhO7R_600x450.jpg

00w0w_kklp4cOnhRD_600x450.jpg

#1887 4 years ago

This has been listed over and over again for months. There are currently multiple listings for it on the same CL area page. It seems like I see it every 3-4 days. The price has remained the whole time.

Pinball 4 play - $1200 (Roxbury Township)

Please send your name & number if interested; emails without this info will be considered spam.

Bally's Space Time EM pinball machine (1972). Machine is rated an 8 out of 10. Excellent condition with minimal playfield wear. Original factory schematics and coin tray. Rare factory laminate on cabinet. Possible local delivery at additional fee. Flippers, four pop bumpers, two slingshots, five standup targets, two kick-out holes, left kick-back lane, upper & lower gates, bonus feature up post between flippers.

00n0n_eqG0EWRRevw_600x450_(resized).jpg00W0W_3wCsp3v5zih_600x450_(resized).jpg00i0i_2SJs24oKjCc_600x450_(resized).jpg00M0M_cths8l2SiWW_600x450_(resized).jpg00O0O_6bmPU2PPu7t_600x450_(resized).jpg00i0i_6AZtNCbjUyl_600x450_(resized).jpg00u0u_bk1altgiMdq_600x450_(resized).jpg

#1898 4 years ago

I'm sure many of us have seen worse and brought back machines that were more of a basket case than this one. Clean it up, fix it up, and enjoy it. Amazing Spiderman is getting hard to find. Be sure to post questions or photo requests if you need anything.

#1921 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

At least you're not this person:

719d190a568159ed8f80f2deb5997392[1]_(resized).png

Ok, while that's awful, I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

#1935 4 years ago

boston.craigslist.org link

This listing keeps popping up. A regular unshopped TAF for $6900. Originally, the seller claimed it was a TAF gold, but it's not.

This TAF pinball is a collectors edition. Has several GOLD features. GOLD CASE , GOLD PROMS. The GOLD case and back are so more desirable than the ugly blue. Was 100% shopped when I bought it from a dealer 17 yrs ago. Has had very light use in my game room since then. Has a couple extras. Playfield in EXCELLENT shape. But is ready to be restored and add some cool features and this WILL make you $ in the future. Kids want to trade for a Bubble hockey? Wont last..... email me an offer. I have a pickup so can deliver and help setup if within 2 hours of Boston.

00X0X_kUg4aftduag_600x450_(resized).jpg

00J0J_hH2GHNNB6Mt_600x450_(resized).jpg

00U0U_iyX5zRFTLUD_600x450_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #2002 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

hey guys... I'm new to this forum well I haven't been on in awhile. How do you know what a fair price is for any pinball machine? Is there a guide or rule of thumb that you should follow? I love to play pinball, but don't know much more beyond that.
    Thanks for your help,
    Dan

Prices vary from game to game and depend upon condition. Stick around a while, and you'll start to get a feel for it.

If there is a particular game you're thinking about buying, post a price check thread.

1 week later
    #2077 4 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

It looks like it's in really nice shape, but I don't know about $6500. I was once at an auction where a routed DESW with missing plastics, banged-up cabinet, warbly speakers and a grungy worn-to-the-wood playfield sold for $3000. Even as a noob, I knew that was crazy.

I just saw one auctioned off for $2100 a week or so ago. Decent shape, mostly working.

There is no DESW LE and $6500 is fantasy land.

#2078 4 years ago
    Quoted from megalo17:

The same High Speed that's been here before? $3900... At least he's dropping the price, right? Maybe in 4 years it will be in range...

Didn't that one start out at $4500?

#2081 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

I don't know anything about electronics whatsoever, so yes I am a newbie in the purest form, but at least I'm honest and sincere with my abilities or should I say lack there of. I agree this is something you really don't want to muddle through. I guess I can take a few courses, but I enjoy all your company...you guys are really a nice bunch and super cool!
    As far as tools I do have some flex files, some T handle drivers and a solder station. My other hobbies include building rockets and nitro RC trucks so I would say I'm capable of learning at least some basic repairs and I work on computers as a career. I'm good with my hands so I would imagine that would help

One of the best introductory materials I've encountered is "Getting Started in Electronics"

amazon.com link »

It's not very thick, so it's fairly light reading.

It goes through and explains the fundamentals of electricity, dives into the various common electronic components that are available, and more.

#2085 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I'm looking for one of these in about this condition, but for less than a grand. Are they serious?
    ebay.com link » Like

ebay prices combined with being a professional seller.

#2114 4 years ago
    Quoted from KennyL:

Your post was made 3 hours ago and the link is already dead. Heh.

It's still up. The link was malformed in the earlier post. Here it is:

#2120 4 years ago

I purchased a monster Bash from another operator years ago and it appears they took pretty good care of it. I never had this one on route, I bought it and stored it ever since. it worked when I bought it in fact I took it right off location and it still works fine. The only thing I could see that was obviously wrong with it is the battery holder needs to be replaced.One of the batteries lick some ass in but it does not appear to have damaged the board at all.there is a small amount of wear around the cickout hole which could be covered with the cliffy protector. I noticed one string of general illumination lights did not come on. The display looks perfect, I installed new balls and new legs and levelers. Because the batteries were polled I did not have a log of errors. All of the solenoids function properly. Lamps and flashers mostly work probably burned out bulbs. One flipper is sticky. It looks like a transistor was replaced on the solenoid driver board at one time. Other than that the boards look great. Now what you've all been waiting for the price tag. I said that it won't be cheap and it isn't, but this is a hard to find game and I believe all cleaned up would be worth in today's market about $9000 or more. My asking price at this time is $8500. If nobody buys it then I'll know that I'm too high! If I have a person that would like to buy it I would require a $500 nonrefundable deposit and the balance would need to be paid within 60 days. I will deliver for free on either of my trips to Denver and Kansas City or Des Moines at Easter time. If I make the trip to Minneapolis around Easter I would deliver there for free also. I will be glad to take any additional pictures craigslist will only let me put so many on my ad. Until someone commits to it anyone is welcome to come and look at itand play it in person in Kearney Nebraska. It will be at a different location than all of the other machines so it is not a preview to see everything else. I want to keep this as fair as possible and I am not turning it into a bidding contest. I would have done eBay except for there are so many hassles involved with shipping fees etc. I would prefer to sell the machines locally, we operated games for over 20 years and done home sales the entire time and have many satisfied customers. I will shop this machine out and guarantee everything for an additional $500. For this price it is sold as-is. Please email with any questions. Thank you!

Quoted from RVH:

Nice monster bash. Batteries lick some ass?
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Autocorrect fail, maybe?

#2146 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Not Captain Fantastic, but they were speaking of a Bally Wizard. As far as the Captain Fantastic you mention, it depends on the features for the most part. For example, the no stars machine (uncensored) should fetch slightly more, maybe a few hundreds - not thousands. Same goes for most verified signature games. People get really over the top sometimes when they think they have something. Rare does not automatically make it extremely valuable, just like the supposedly "rare" Marilyn Taxi...every fool automatically thinks they have a 3 grand game.

Personally, I think pretty much every CF I've seen was overpriced. I think it only fetches more than most other EMs of the period because of the theme.

#2154 4 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Perfect working condition, except the dim middle digits on the displays.

Obviously, something isn't in "perfect working condition" when they have to tag an exception onto that. That's probably not the only thing wrong, either.

#2156 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

this guy wants to trade some toys for pins...
    losangeles.craigslist.org link
    00N0N_j7YkCf7g1E7_600x450_(resized).jpg
    Im looking to trade my he man and skelator with battlecat & panthor never been open original from early 80's for a pinball machine e-mail only

Neat...I've never seen he-man figures in the original boxes.

#2249 3 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

boston.craigslist.org link
    ""Was 100% shopped when I bought it from a dealer 17 yrs ago""

This one has popped up more than once.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tq=17+years&tu

#2250 3 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Oh wow. If I were buying that, I'd def redo the sides. Still, it's a fun game (it was one of my first), and it looks to be in good shape, shite paint job aside. If they're asking 750, you can probably get it for less, and that would be a great buy.

You might be able to remove the spray paint with Motsenbocker's paint remover without harming the original paint underneath.

I would certainly offer as little as possible, considering the seller "ruined" it.

#2268 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

How come I get a 404 error? Has the ad been removed?

Try deleting the jibberish after the ".htm" in the address.

1 week later
    #2323 3 years ago

longisland.craigslist.org link

Kiss pinball machine (Deer oark)

I am selling my 1978 Bally kiss pinball machine. Needs some work... When restored they just for as much as $9000 on eBay. I am asking $2950.... Thanks for looking.

The playfield is completely blown out in the middle
    pasted_image_(resized).png

#2343 3 years ago

ebay.com link » Black Knight Pinball Machine Toy

This BK2000 pin has been relisted over and over again. I think I first saw it listed for around $275, and it has been steadily dropping in price to where it sits at $165 at the moment.

Get it while it's hot!

3 weeks later
    #2453 3 years ago

1977 gottlieb pinball machine RARE VULCAN!!! - $3000

Selling a gottlied pinball machine. Beautiful wood work. No chips on glass. Machine turns on but doesn't have game play. All sound seem to be working fine.

$3000 or best offer. Local pick up

#2473 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

panamacity.craigslist.org link

Copied for posterity:

Hand crafted pinball machine - $2900

One of a kind hand crafted pinball machine u will not find another one like this serious buyers only

#2477 3 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

I'll just leave this here...

SE-CL_(resized).jpg

I don't blame the guy. I've been seeing that toy pop up at the same price for *months*. It's been pretty annoying.

#2483 3 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

I'll just leave this here...

SE-CL_(resized).jpg

Good grief...the original listing keeps being listed every two days. It's getting really annoying.

#2489 3 years ago

When I buy games from folks, I usually ask them to hang on to my number in case they have/find any more games for sale.

This one time, I had a guy call me saying he found an atari game for $500. I said no, that was too much for a non-working Atari game and asked if he would go $250. He said no, he couldn't do that, but he could do $400. So, suspecting that something was up, I did a couple minutes of searching, found the original craigslist ad listing the game for $200. All they guy said was "sorry, just trying to make a buck" I ended up grabbing the game from the person who posted the craigslist ad for a little less than $200 since the owner just wanted it gone.

1 week later
    #2525 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

In his defense, it is 3 machines he's selling for 10K not just terminator.

They're still way above market price--especially for routed games with issues and (probably) hacks.

#2528 3 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Pictures don't jive either. Each picture is in a different location / has different things / has different price and instruction cards.

The photos came from IPDB.

#2530 3 years ago

Check out all the FS ads--must be California prices or something...

1 week later
    #2552 3 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

So... This is a scam, right?
    chicago.craigslist.org link

Screen_Shot_2016-04-07_at_2.10.03_PM_(resized).png

Yup. Adding an obfuscated email address right in the ad instead of entering it normally like everyone else does is a big tip-off. I just saw a similar ad also pop up in New Hampshire.

2 weeks later
    #2580 3 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I can understand scammers luring people in with attractive titles like Addams Family or Xenon but... Pat Hand? The game that Norm Clark himself said was his least favorite of his own designs? Too funny.
    toledo.craigslist.org link

Screen_Shot_2016-04-26_at_8.23.08_AM_(resized).png

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psa-fake-craigslist-ads-in-multiple-cities/

1 week later
    #2610 3 years ago

"We live in a modern world".
    People text for work, business, and sales.
    Why the hell allow your phone number to be included in the ad anyway if you do not want it to be in first place? People have CL options, but I guess some people have refused to learn to read (or spell). Failure of the USA education system in example.

I prefer email for ads. That way I can respond to them on my own terms and arrange a call/meeting time, rather than be interrupted at all hours of the day and night.

1 week later
    #2659 3 years ago

Original Kiss Pinball Machine - $6000 (Limerick)

Original Kiss Pinball Machine, excellent condition. Brand new play field. Both play fields are included. $6000.00 obo

Looks nice....but the price

#2666 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I thought the description on this one was amusing:
    nh.craigslist.org link

They cut the wires? Ugh

1 week later
    #2723 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

So this may not be quite a laugh exactly but I saw a Road Show on CL listed for $3400
    I contacted the seller to ask some questions, and got down to $2900 basically out of the gate, I mentioned to him I was not a flipper and had other games, to which he replied my games were all boat anchors except for my TZ and this road show would be my "2nd funnest".
    I asked some questions, got no answers and after asking for more detailed photos I got none. I let it go.
    youngstown.craigslist.org link
    This morning I get a text message "2700 come and get it" you can read the rest below...
    Was I too difficult? I think that I asked pretty simple questions, especially given that the guy somewhat qualified he was knowledgeable about pins I suppose by knocking my games, The Shadow, Twilight Zone (1st funnest!), Johnny Mnemonic, Family Guy, Jurassic Park, Monopoly, Black Hole.
    I wonder if the pin even exists.
    If someone ends up with this game let me know how the deal went down.

Also hate dealing with people who do not know the difference between "to" "too" and "two"

Honestly, I think you went slightly overboard with peppering the guy with questions. Although, requesting photos would be perfectly reasonable.

#2727 3 years ago

An unofficial one might look like this:

s-l1600_(resized).jpg

#2788 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

They must have some way to stop him somehow. The abuse of keywords could be considered as clogging up the system, responses from customers flagging etc. I would think are somehow valid reasons to shut him down. Annoying for certain.

It was happening outside of normal California business hours. I imagine the problem will start to be tackled this morning.

#2804 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

It's a tough business, if it's a business at all restoring pins.. There's far more money in fixing problems. Even if you sort of know what you're doing, most of us get stumped on some projects.

TNT seems to do crazy amounts of business, and I'm sure a lot of that is due to their positive online presence (ie, videos). They're fun, entertaining, and you can learn a few nuggets of information here and there. So, whenever someone thinks about them, it's usually in a positive way.

GNC's videos are...painful to watch. They aren't fun or entertaining. And that probably hurts their bottom line quite a bit.

#2815 3 years ago

I really like the last line.

#2842 3 years ago
    Quoted from wierdeer:

Tried to buy for 700 but wants to sell to first responder for less

As I said in the other thread, the seller has integrity.

#2891 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Speaking of grammar police, can we get a topic on the proper usage of the words: to , too and two ???

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=two+to+too+usage

1 week later
    #2957 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Firepower 2, dude. And don't even think about swooping in and stealing this one. I already offered $4600. He countered a little higher; we're still negotiating.

1 month later
    #3126 3 years ago

Inserts and PF is #! $@ed.
    Zoom the photos in.

It didn't look too bad to me.

The price, though...totally bonkers.

3 weeks later
    #3173 3 years ago

Wow, that looks awful. I don't think I'd give more than $50 for it.

ebay.com link » 1978 Kiss Pinball Machine Cabinet Back Box By Bally Free Shipping

1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg

5_(resized).jpg

3_(resized).jpg

4_(resized).jpg

6_(resized).jpg

9_(resized).jpg

8_(resized).jpg

11_(resized).jpg

10_(resized).jpg

7_(resized).jpg

12_(resized).jpg

#3177 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I hate parting machines but you are right. It's missing all of the big 3. playfield, backglass, cabinet

Yup. Stick a fork in it. It's done.

#3183 3 years ago

I was thinking $149.50 just for parts until I saw the water damage and rust.
    Edit: just realized the head and the lower cabinet are two different machines. The fade doesn't match.

This was probably the parts machine for the restored Kiss they were selling.

#3209 3 years ago

syracuse.craigslist.org link

2016-08-22 18_59_13-1976 gottlieb volley pinball machine (resized).jpg

01414_b705hoAGcDt_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00J0J_2qWak04AFvN_1200x900 (resized).jpg

01414_f91EHqDhVDL_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00U0U_k6IeDL8DbpY_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#3220 3 years ago

A post: providence.craigslist.org link

And a response: providence.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).png

3 weeks later
    #3269 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bbismuth:

stlouis.craigslist.org link
    I'm not sure if a dead DMD on this machine qualifies as minor.

Yup. It's a $400 part these days.

#3273 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is that the cost of the big DMD? Maybe if you can find one.

For an original yes. There is now also a RGB LED solution available, which is also about $400.

#3279 3 years ago
    Quoted from jboner1058:

Not pinball, but damn I'm in the wrong business if I built a top tier one with a 4ghz quad core for $1000 this spring and this piece is going for that much?

They can ask whatever they want. It doesn't mean they will actually get it.

2 weeks later
    #3320 3 years ago
    Quoted from paddlepaw:

Wow

Those are old photos that have been around the block a few times. It's a fake ad.

#3326 3 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Horrors!
    At least its signed by the artist!

Oboy, the person who butchered the machine is willing to sign it?!? $10k by Christmas

#3340 3 years ago

Wait, I've seen pictures of this machine before, like months ago in another topic perhaps.
    Edit: Found it. It was in this topic:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/64#post-3299811

Good eye. Yep, same wear and mold patterns. It's the same game. That's hilarious.

#3346 3 years ago

Figuring he would decline anyway, I emailed a nice message and offered $150 basing it on the condition to see if I could talk some sense into him. His response?

2016-10-07 23.57.52 (resized).png

2 weeks later
    #3379 3 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Not sure why they didn't just list it for $5K.

Probably because it needs a "tune up"

1 week later
    #3403 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

Here's one from the bargain bin:
    chicago cubs pinball machine - $19000 (coconut creek)
    Gottlieb & co. 1985. only pinball machine approved by major league baseball. my machine for 20 years.
    miami.craigslist.org link
    At that price it will stay yours for at least another 20 years.

One of these popped up near Boston a few days ago for $100. It was gone in a hot second.

#3405 3 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I live in Massachusetts and i tried to buy it 3 hours after it was posted. It was sold

You pretty much have to respond within the first 10 minutes...and sometimes even that is too late.

#3407 3 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

I downloaded an app to notify me when a listing with the word Pinball goes up and I am still often too late, lol.

Careful with those apps--sometimes craiglist bans your IP for pinging the site too frequently.

#3410 3 years ago

From a recent CL ad, price is right, but god damn this is ugly.
    I would have to strip all the crap off the game.

Looks like someone took the trim off Ghostbusters and stuck it on TAF.

1 week later
    #3418 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

fortmyers.craigslist.org link

#3425 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

dallas.craigslist.org link
    Bally Kiss for $4,650. Comes with worn playfield and faded cab. What a steal!

I see them frequently posted in my area for $3500-$4000. These sellers are delusional.

1 week later
    #3447 3 years ago
    Quoted from bdPinball:

This was worth a laugh. Is this guy a newbie trying to get his first pin, or is he a CL cut-throat pin-SOB who mis-represents what/who he is.
    orlando.craigslist.org link
    -B

#3461 3 years ago

Sigh...more bonkers CL prices

#3475 3 years ago

Another moooooo...barn find.

Yuck

You almost need to hose that one down.

1 week later
    #3500 3 years ago