5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,779 posts
  • 823 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,262 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    75cba65cc14f537431d0dee14f6e2035620bd48c (resized).jpg
    s104473113960642694_p40_i1_w600 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191206-194401__01 (resized).jpg
    Ouch (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191129-201953_Chrome (resized).jpg
    598089DA-2C64-4DB4-8474-4042F0867408 (resized).png
    AB3CE57E-FCF5-4421-8FE4-E25EE16B4835 (resized).jpeg
    FCB17904-7FD7-471B-9A18-7750689CB4DC (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191126-185612_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-18-23-17-03-1 (resized).png
    AD2C0EB9-2665-4ACB-AF2E-03DD22F8B85C (resized).png
    5B0AFB8C-B77C-4EF7-863D-00CCE4FA5BE1 (resized).jpeg
    Picture 046.jpg
    Screenshot_20191118-072442_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    firepower2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago

In the zizzle pirates ad I like how he lets you know that you could offer more than the $1000 he's asking to insure you get it. Or you could go and buy 4 NIB ones for the $1000 you're going to spend on this used one.

I sometimes wonder if people just do quick searches for pirates pinball and don't notice the difference between their zizzle home model and the full sized commercial one. Of course, I wouldn't pay $6-$24K for the commercial one either.

Dave

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from AndHart120:

I have always enjoyed this one:
    Whitewater pinball (RESTORED) $7650
    " target="_blank">chicago.craigslist.org link
    Thanks for all the wonderful pics of this restored game at a super high price!

Agreed...I've seen that ad many, many times. At least take the time to show us what we might be getting for the money. I think I saw a response to that ad one time where the poster said "who the hell is Keller?" I thought that was pretty funny.

Dave

1 month later
    #207 5 years ago

And it comes with the "sex sells" shot of a woman standing by the game, as if that somehow makes the game more desireable...

1 month later
    #352 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

I always thought that having your c/l post flagged was a bad thing. I was wrong. Normally you can only re-post your ad every 48 hours and it will go to the top of the listings. But lately some hater has been flagging my ad and it is like a fast pass to the top of the list. A quick copy/paste and my ad is back at the top of the list again. The more the ad gets flagged the more time I get at the top instead of buried down in the bottom of listings. Flagging = good

I'm pretty sure the more you get flagged the easier it is in the future to have your ads flagged and removed and then eventually your ads will be "ghosted" meaning that it looks like they're there but in reality nobody is seeing them.

Dave

#357 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

I don't know about "ghosting" but 20+ flagged and removed and when I re-post, it still shows up at the top of the page.

If you're looking at craigslist from the place you posted (same IP) then you'll see it...that's what ghosting does. It makes it look like it's posted when in fact it isn't.

I suspect you won't be ghosted for a while, if ever. however, the more you post and the more you're flagged the less flags it takes to remove your ads. Pretty soon you'll be doing nothing but reposting and nobody will see your ads.

Dave

#380 5 years ago

I just ran across this beauty...instead of linking it, I'll just put the text of the ad:

Unique cocktail pinball.Fully electronic.Gottlieb produced:"NIGHT MOVES".GOTTLIEB was a premium pinball manufacturer; from 1927-1996.Extremely"RARE"!Made in 1989*ONLY.* Includes original advertising and owner manuals.Great*COLLECTOR*for the cave,or rec-room. Use as a money machine;or keep as an appreciating collectible.(Pricing in the thousands), is based on rarity and condition.As this is *NOT* a must-sell situation;terms and conditions are available.View in person;prior to sale.Highest personally*ACCEPTABLE*offer;takes it home.

It has the all the hallmarks of a perfectly written ad. It includes words like "rare" and "collectible". It builds the hype by implying that this is worth "thousands" and will continue to appreciate. Finally, you have the "I don't need to sell it but if you make me a ridiculous offer, I will"...All it needs is a special bonus offer for calling within the next 10 minutes and an 800 number and he'd be all set.

Dave

#401 4 years ago

Saw this one yesterday chicago.craigslist.org link

Here's the text of it:

This is a vintage old pinball machine made by Bally. Works in good shape for age. This is a pick up only. Asking less to move it, just don't have the room for it. No low ballers and only serious buyers please.

He says he's asking "less to move it"...less than what, the highest price you've ever seen for this title?

Dave

2 weeks later
    #464 4 years ago

For the ad that simplykind referenced above, my guess is that "grandpa" isn't used to technology and that's why we have such a wonderfully worded ad. I like the idea that including your number makes you "honest". Really? I'm thinking it makes it easier for you to tell whether or not you can scam the person out of their machine that your "grandchildren" will tire of in about 5 minutes so you can then flip it.

I'm also enjoying the constant "wanted to buy ads are a ripoff" ads that we have to see. I wish this person would also inform all potentially buyers of the vastly overpriced games that we typically see on craigslist as well. I mean, if you're going to be so compassionate about protecting the sellers, might as well protect the buyers as well.

Dave

#467 4 years ago

Here's another one chicago.craigslist.org link

This one is titled "custom pinball machine" and goes on to say that it's in great shape and is a domestic version. It's a Getaway...not sure what's "custom" about it. The ad doesn't say. He'd like to trade it for a car, truck, or SUV. Anyone have a "custom" car they'd like to trade? Maybe a 99 Sentra or an 92 Cavalier?

Dave

4 months later
    #1019 4 years ago

More power to this guy if he can find someone willing to trade, and believe his values...

chicago.craigslist.org link

And in case it's gone by time you see it, here's the text:

Hello,

Completely restored, upgraded,and. shopped pins with a ton of extra parts, labor and work put into them. Willing to trade both for an AC/DC pro:

TMNT - new rottendog pwr supply, $250 in cointaker LEDs top and bottom and head, perfect backglass, perfectpl ayfield, body good, new rubbers, balls, locks, leg levelers, keg protectors, flipper and front assemblies rebuilt, many extra parts $1800 value pin with $400 in extra parts i am including also $2200 total value

Stern 2001 Striker Xtreme - LEDs top and bottom, fully shopped, rebuilt assemblies, new drop targets, ball, stickers, rubbers, balls, legs, levelers, leg protectors, custom stern side rails, coin bix, key fob, relays, lane guides, etc. $2400 value $3950+ on ebay)

Trade bith fir an AC/DC pro - currently 4200-4400 light home use only used avg.

Anyone want to trad this dude?

Dave

#1028 4 years ago

Man, there's no shortage of ridiculousness on craigslist. Here's another:

annarbor.craigslist.org link

And in case it's gone (doubtful) before you can see it, here's the ad:

Very rare find in Detroit Michigan 1978 Brunswick ALIVE Pinball Machine:

Alive Description
    This Game was made while Elvis was still alive and Brunswick couldn't get the rights to call it Elvis so they used an image of a Elvis look alike with a Afro which Tom Jones wore at the time. Both Artists were popular at the time.

Brunswick, the Alive maker, released 19 different machines in our database under this trade name, starting in 1931.

Other machines made by Brunswick during the time period Alive was produced include Aspen, Circus, Super Star, Block-A-Shot, Air Handball, Astro Hockey, and Karate.
    Alive - KLOV/IAM 5 Point User Score: 4.05 (1 vote)
    Personal Impressions Score: 4.60

Overall 'Like': 5.00
    Fun (Social): 5.00
    Fun (Solo): 5.00
    Collector Desire: 3.00 Technical Impressions Score: 3.50

Gameplay: 5.00
    Graphics: 5.00
    Originality: 2.00
    Sound/Music: 2.00

Personal Impressions and Technical Impressions each account for half of the total score. Within the Personal Impressions category, "Like" carries a little more weight than the other factors.

Cabinet Style Weights and Measures
    Type
    Upright/Standard

VAPS Arcade/Coin-Op Alive Census
    There are 8,159 members of the Vintage Arcade Preservation Society, 6,772 whom participate in our arcade census project of games owned, wanted, or for sale. Census data currently includes 108,049 machines (5,111 unique titles).

Scarce - There are 3 known instances of this machine owned by Alive collectors who are active members. Of these, 3 of them are original dedicated machines

Wanted - No active members have added this machine to their wish list.

This game ranks a 0 on a scale out of 100 (100 = most often seen, 1=least common) in popularity based on census ownership records.

He's asking $3999 for this "rare" game that ranks a 0 (the only truthful thing in this ad).

Dave

#1031 4 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

... so rare it came out the year AFTER Elvis died.

Or maybe he knows that Elvis is still alive and well.

1 week later
    #1060 4 years ago

Here's another great one: milwaukee.craigslist.org link

1968 Cabaret pinball machine by Williams Electronics - $2500 (Pewaukee)

1968 Cabaret pinball machine by Williams Electronics. Everything works except for a ball hole that has been covered. The rubber bumpers have to be replaced and some are missing. A tune-up kit for this machine is easily found on Ebay or online for around $30.00. The machine also includes the back door key and schematic. The pictures are of the actual machine being auctioned.

They covered the kick-out hole in the middle of the playfield. I'll assume it's because it doesn't work. As indicated, the rubbers need to be replaced. Oh, and did you notice the cabinet design on the body doesn't match the head? Either it was repainted (but only the sides as the coin door doesn't have any design) or this is from a different game.

Better rush over there with your $2500 before it's gone.

Dave

1 week later
    #1069 4 years ago

Just saw this one on Milwaukee craigslist: milwaukee.craigslist.org link

In case it's gone, here's the ad:

Arcade Medieval Madness Full Size Free play PinBall Machine - $2000

Pinball Machine for sale. Heavy and in basement. Need 4 people at least. Bought in 1997 from M&P Amusements.

So, what's wrong with this you say? He has a rollergames

Not sure how he linked those two games together...talk about bait and switch!

Dave

#1072 4 years ago

He texted me and said that it wasn't his ad so it would seem someone is messing with him.

1 month later
    #1162 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

$1900 for a bingo machine. Hurry and make an appointment before this gets away!

That thing has been for sale for at least a couple of years and it's been the same price since the first time it was posted. You'd think he'd get the clue when nobody responds to the ad...

1 month later
    #1287 4 years ago

Obviously he just figured out that it's hardly been played (surprise) and of course it's "rare" so it must be worth more than what he was previously asking. I'm sure if you asked him he'd tell you it's worth every penny to the right buyer. I think the right buyer is never going to come along.

Dave

1 week later
    #1359 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Here is a guy set firm in his beliefs!

He's been firm in his beliefs for about 2 years now. At least he isn't lying when he says that this isn't a must sell situation. Frankly, it's a no sell situation. He should get together with the guy that has the 2 cocktail games he's been trying to sell for the last several years. Maybe they could work out a swap or something.

#1394 4 years ago

The Chicago craigslist is always good for a laugh or two. Here's one: chicago.craigslist.org link

Here's the text from this one:

This Big Indian pinball machine is in fair condition. This classic vintage pinball machine is super cool. It has beautiful American Indian artwork that may be frowned upon by today's PC standards. Overall the unit is sturdy and intact and lights up. It will be the center piece of any room or man-cave, you will be the envy of all your friends and neighbors.

Manufactured by D. Gottlieb & Co. in Northlake, Illinois in 1974.

NOT SURE IF MACHINE FUNCTIONS PROPERLY IT LIGHTS UP BEAUTIFULLY

Please include your phone number when responding to this ad.

3K or best offer

He's not sure if it works but man it sure looks good when it's lit up - that's got to be worth $3k, right? Of course, he does say or best offer so I'm sure he won't be offended when someone offers him $200.

There's also a guy selling a Delta Queen. Here's one of the listings: chicago.craigslist.org link

The problem is he has it listed 3 times with 3 different prices. One has it for $950, one has it for $888 and in the other he claims he has an offer of $550 so if you want it, you have to beat that price. This thing has been for sale for months. If I were him I'd take that $550 and skedaddle.

1 week later
    #1441 4 years ago

I recently had an exchange with a scammer and I have to say, while the warning signs where still there (wanting to buy my "item", incorrect punctuation, out of the states doing charity work, wife recently died, etc.), his English was actually pretty good. It was definitely the best scam attempt I've seen lately. It ended when he wouldn't agree to pay with anything other than a cashier's check.

I do think these guys are looking for a certain type of person and as others have suggested, they must get one or two now and again or they wouldn't do it.

#1448 4 years ago

The cocktail pinball that toyotaboy pointed out above has been for sale for at least 2 years, if not longer. Apparently he's never received an acceptable offer. Newsflash, you're probably never going to get an acceptable offer. I always enjoy for sale ads that are doing all they can to convince me that I should buy their item. I mean, it's rare, it's going to appreciate (love to have his crystal ball), it could be used to make money, it will make you cooler...I think I'm going to go buy it!

1 month later
    #1597 4 years ago

The guy on Chicago craigslist that posted about why ads are flagged apparently doesn't recognize the fact that his ads are flagged because he posts 100 times a day with the same stupid ad. Frankly, I flag it as soon as I see it. I also flag anything that I think is from that dude in the quad cities (or huntley or peoria or wherever else he claims he's from). It's the same stupid ad a million times a day. At least try to fool us with a different picture. Oh, and stop claiming that you're a "collector". You're not, you're a business. Craigslist, always a fun time!

#1630 4 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

There should be an ebay version of this thread:

No need, pretty much every pinball machine on Ebay is laughable in terms of price.

4 weeks later
    #1821 4 years ago
    Quoted from aalucero:

paid $7000 ea haha

I guess that buyer would have benefitted from some "price policing" (see other thread about whether price policing is good or bad).

Dave

1 week later
    #1883 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

So much for trying to help.

You can't argue with an idiot because even when you win he doesn't realize you did...It's not worth the fight because you'll never be able to convince them that they're wrong. At least he picked a few titles where he might actually find a game in that price range. Better than the ads you see where they want to buy a pinball machine and have a max budget of $1000 and then proceed to tell you that some of their desired titles would be monster bash, scared stiff, etc.

1 month later
    #2365 3 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

"This machine was just appraised for $3,000! "

I love statements like this...if someone appraised it at $3000 don't you think they'd buy it at $2,000 and then sell it on their own to make a profit?

2 months later
    #2627 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I offered $75 for this one, seller responded it was appraised for $700.
    Sure it was.

It's possible it was appraised at that value but what makes him think he can sell it for three times what it was appraised at?

Dave

#2653 3 years ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

More rubber dinosaur!!!

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

I contacted this guy and asked what he meant by "fully restored" (spoiler alert, he means "shopped"). I also asked what he was looking to get for the game. He responded that he isn't expecting full retail as he doesn't want to "gouge" anyone but encouraged me to enter a bid. Hmm, another craigslist auction. I was also told that he had at least 7 people interested so I'd better put my bid in soon. Uh-huh, that's why it's still for sale. I told him I don't play the "guess what number I'm thinking" game...

I wish sellers would just put a price on their game and be done with it. If they really want to auction it off then go to Ebay.

Dave

2 weeks later
    #2762 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spider3582:

I like when a old EM machine is posted and it says only 2500. Its worth 3500. Because they see it sold for that on a certain website.

Whenever I see something like this I tell them to call the "website" and ask them what they'd pay for your game because surely if they can sell it for $3500 then they'd be willing to pay $1000 or more for yours, right? Most times I never hear back from them.

Dave

1 week later
    #2826 3 years ago

Anyone want an $8500 Addams? milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Here's the text of the ad:

Bally ADDAMS FAMILY 1992 Collector Classic Arcade Pinball Machine for sale. All 3 flippers work excellent. DMD is perfect. Playfield is very nice. Some slight wear by the electric chair entrance/exit. Some slight wear on cab around flipper buttons. Overall very nice clean machine. Cab is a solid 9.5 out of 10. Brand new translite. Coin mechs work/ game is set on free play. All 3 pinball's were replaced with brand new ones. All targets work correctly, no burned out lights. Game is original and has been kept up. HUO no cig burns. I do not need help selling please serious inquiries only. I can assist in delivery within a 50 mile radius of Pewaukee, with my truck. Thanks for looking

He claims it's HUO but it has the pricing sticker on it, which I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't put on or need if it was in home use and set on free play. Speaking of free play, clearly it's not set on free play as you show a picture with the DMD saying "5 credits." If I were guessing, I'd say the batteries are dead and every time you turn it on it resets and you have to put credits on it to play it. It also loses the date/time which might be a reason for the credit dot. I think I see some rust on those legs as well so if it was HUO then you had it stored somewhere with moisture, which might have adversely affected the metal parts on the game. I'm going to go with it's been home use only since I bought it...

#2836 3 years ago
    Quoted from ArkhamB:

Now this makes more sense!

And this has been going on for quite a while...If I were to take a wild guess, Mr. "WTB ads are a ripoff" is a guy that gets craigslist alerts or notifications and wants to make sure he gets to see any potential "deals" before the WTB guy does.

While even a flaming pile of crap FunHouse would go for more than $500, the guy who's complaining doesn't give us any information about the condition of his game.

I guess we'll see how long this goes on.

#2880 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

My first down vote. Oh Yeah!!

I'm going to go with your usage of "stoled" as the reason you were downvoted...

Dave

#2916 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Lets get back to the laughs. A $3,000 Fireball.

I'd love to ask him to show me any of the "features" that he lists the game as having. Obviously, he's never really played the game he has or taken a look at the features of the game.

Dave

3 months later
    #3288 3 years ago

I'm starting to feel like I'm never going to buy a game again with the ridiculous prices that people are asking for games these days. Here's a Last Action Hero and a Waterworld for $5000.

Here's the text:

Getting ready to move, and would prefer not to put these machines in the garage or cart them to a storage unit.

I have a Last Action Hero and a Waterworld machine. They have been both updated with LEDs and much more. Contact me if interested and I can go over the entire list of updates. $5000 takes both.

Unless the "much more" is cash in the coin box, I'm guessing you'll be putting them in the garage or carting them to a storage unit...

3 weeks later
    #3365 3 years ago

The Cubs are in the playoffs...so, let's spend ridiculous money on a Cubs pinball machine!

In case the listing is gone, which it won't be, there wasn't much text but here it is:

1985 Gottlieb& co. only pinball machine approved by major league baseball. my pinball for over 20 years.

Oh, and he's only looking for $19,000! Such a deal.

#3370 3 years ago

I saw this on Mr. Pinball the other day...it's a much better deal!

Chicago Cubs, 1985 Gottlieb: 15,000
    This Chicago Cubs pinball machine is rare and is in excellent working condition. Has illuminating backglass and playfield. It takes quarters and you can retrieve the quarters easily. The music is rewarding and plays beautifully. Perfect condition.

And for those that are wondering, it's not the same game as this one is in Kansas.

I get that there might be some hype for this game if the Cubs actually win something but dang, I don't think you could find a higher priced Triple Play if you tried.

2 months later
    #3565 2 years ago

Here's a "nice" eight ball for only $2500. Where do people get their prices from?

If the ad is gone (which it won't be) it's a $2500 beater 8 ball.

Dave

2 weeks later
    #3662 2 years ago

I saw the FunHouse ad too, and while I feel bad that the guy has "mounting medical bills", he's apparently mistaken concerning the value of his game. Sure, you could replace that hideous door, but you have to wonder if that's the only "mod" on this game.

6 months later
    #4615 2 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

Well I guess 5 hours away is almost "local"

That same ad has been on the Chicago craigslist forever and I'm guessing he's expanding his market due to lack of response. There are plenty of overpriced games on the Chicago craigslist that he could buy if he really had to have a game to add to his collection...

2 months later
    #4963 2 years ago

Saw this one today...I think they have one too many zeroes.

greenbay.craigslist.org link

Dave

#4987 2 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

Didn’t even take a minute to remove the pile of laundry/crap from their 10k collectors item for the picture.

Yeah, don't worry about that stuff that's on the game, it's mint underneath. Sure, we'll take your word for it

2 weeks later
    #5098 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's so annoying to see the same ads pop up over and over and over again without anything changing. What do they expect to see happen?

They're fishing...if you keep throwing your lure in the same spot, day after day, week after week, year after year, maybe you'll catch something. Of course, if you're throwing your line into a bathtub or a fountain you're never going to catch anything but many sellers think they're throwing their line into the sucker pool and are hoping to catch one.

I used to try and give advice on games/pricing but I don't do it any more. There's been a bingo pinball machine on craigslist for at least 3 years or so. The price has dropped about $200 during that time from $1800 to $1600. The seller has gotten lazier over the years and now doesn't include pictures or much of a description. That thing is never going to sell for what he's asking for it but I'm guessing he doesn't care. He'll just keep throwing his line in the water and see what happens.

Dave

2 weeks later
    #5166 1 year ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

It’s also on eBay for 2700. Am I missing something, or is this a $300 game?

That's mine and your sentiment above is exactly why I don't have it listed on pinside...it seems that pinsiders don't care about or know about woodrail pinball machines.

There isn't a lot of reliable pricing information so I asked around the woodrail community and also used information from Bostonpinbball.biz, etc. I think it's priced fairly (with the exception of the price on Ebay, I use Ebay for advertising for the most part).

As always, the market will let me know if I've overpriced it but based on the initial interest I've gotten, I think I'm in the ball park.

Dave

#5171 1 year ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Which is fine, you are certainly free to list it wherever for whatever, and I did say “am I missing something”. Just that pinside values the machine at 450. Given the improper repair in the shooters lane and a missing piece of wood where the lockdown bar should be, if 450 was a good number then 300 would be reasonable.

It seems like you didn't take any time to actually research this game before you declared it a "craigslist laugh". Yes, Pinside has an estimate of $450 as there has only been one Minstrel Man that has sold on pinside. If you'd have looked at the one example that sold you'd have seen that it was a major project. Two other games have been listed (one was $3450 and the other was $1600). The $3450 one the owner kept and the other one sold elsewhere. The lifetime average from bostonpinball.biz is $2133.

So, yes, I get that you wouldn't pay what I'm asking for Minstrel Man. Like you, if I had to choose between Minstrel Man and BSD for roughly the same price, I'd take BSD all day, every day. I think we all have games we know about that sell for a price that we'd never pay as the game just doesn't seem like a good value.

Regarding the piece of wood where the lockdown bar should be, I have the wooden lock down bar, it's just that I typically have the glass off when I take pictures so it's not pictured. I probably should have mentioned that I have the lock down bar in my ad and will update it to indicate so. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

When people start threads complaining about E bay fees I always kind of chuckle at them.

I don't really complain about the fees but I'd rather not pay them given a choice. I don't put things up on Ebay all that often but in this case, wood rails can be a tougher market to reach so I figure ebay may help me get that exposure. If it sells there I'll happily pay the fees.

Dave

#5173 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Nugent is the same way. The pinside price is high due

No single price "guide" typically gives you the full picture, which was my point before. For some games pinside's price estimate is too high and for others it's too low. That's why I try to get information from more than one source when I'm not familiar with pricing of a certain game. In this case, Minstrel Man is the only wood rail I've ever owned and had no idea where to price it.

#5176 1 year ago

Thanks for being cool about all this...sorry if I came across as kind of a jag. I was just suprised to see my ad here in this thread as I generally think I price my games pretty fairly. In the spirit of the season - Merry Christmas and may your days be blessed. Oh, and I hope you got what you wanted for Christmas!

Dave

1 week later
    #5216 1 year ago

I've seen that video many, many times. It's funny every time. Around Packer-land we hear the "A-Aron, you just done messed up" any time Aaron Rodgers does something bad.

3 weeks later
    #5301 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried.

This is in response to the guy that's been advertising a giant inflatable clown head for trade for a pinball machine. It has to be at least a year or two that he's been trying to do this trade and he posts over and over and over.

As you could imagine, people get sick of seeing it up for trade so every once in a while you'll see a spoof ad like that one.

Chicago craigslist has a lot of things like this. There's the guy that's been trying to sell his pinball promotional VIDEOS forever. I'm guessing most people wouldn't even have a way to play them even if they did want them. Then there's the guy that's had a bingo machine for sale for like 5 years at an insane price. Finally, after all these years, he's lowered his price. I guess he's finally figured out that what he's trying to sell isn't worth what he's been asking. It'll be interesting to see how low he'll go before it finally sells.

2 months later
    #5537 1 year ago

Here's one I just saw. Not only is the price crazy, I think the phrase "restored to original cabinet" is a bit of a stretch.

Dave

#5540 1 year ago

droptarget, nice detective work! So, it looks like the guy not only stole pinrescue's description verbatim, I'm guessing he also stole their price.

Obviously, the only thing he didn't take from pinrescue was the pictures as the pictures included clearly show that this is NOT a pristine example of this game.

Dave

#5542 1 year ago

Well, he probably figured if pinrescue sold it for $5k then his beater is worth at least $2900. Whenever someone has a game and says "but pinrescue blah blah blah" I tell them to call him and ask him how much he'd pay for their game in its present condition and then call me back. I never get a call back...

4 months later
    #5811 1 year ago

Here's a $38,000 Wizard...madison.craigslist.org link

Here's the text:

Very rare limited edition Tommy The Who Pinball Wizard featuring Ann Margaret. Meticulously maintained by an electrician and pinball enthusiast. Protected from direct sunlight. Beautiful back glass and playing field.

I didn't realize this was a "limited edition". If you look at the one and only picture you'll notice the reflection in the backglass of what appears to be the outside of his house (looks like trees in the reflection). Apparently this game is only exposed to indirect sunlight.

#5817 1 year ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

This is for a collector. I have other machines for $2,400 up to $7,000. But this one is in a league of its own.

I didn't bother to even send a reply but I just *assumed* that he had an extra zero in there. Event at $3800, he'd be delusional. I guess he's way off the scale at $38,000.

#5827 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

The game isn't even worth $3500 and this guy still turned it down.

And now he'll be able to tell others that may send in offers that he "turned down an offer of $3500"...I've contacted sellers like the guy above before and made a reasonable offer only be told about the other offers they've turned down. I usually tell them that if it were me, I'd find the guy that made that offer and take his money.

I'm wondering if he'll eventually get back to you and tell you that it's yours at $3500. Of course at that point you'll tell him that it's not worth $3500

1 month later
    #5969 1 year ago

Here's a Lethal Weapon 3 for a mere $4,000.

I love it when things are ridiculously overpriced and the ad contains something along the lines of this, which is in his ad:

"If you are seeing this post its still for sale. If you ask me if it is still available I will not reply to you."

Trust me, we know it's still available and we're not going to be asking. Your price alone ensures that it's still for sale.

3 months later
    #6172 9 months ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Seems like a good deal.....

Those types of ads are popping up all over the place. As soon as you see the "text=================someaddress@gmail.com" you know it's a scam.

1 month later
    #6234 8 months ago

I just don't know where people get their prices from...

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Here's the text, although I can't imagine it'll be gone...

Used South Park pinball machine in working order. Just cleaned, lubed and updated this week. Only issue is Mr. Hankey won't close but doesn't affect the play and small wear on areas around flippers.

For collectors-the Eric Cartman figure that sits on top is not included.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside