Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,833 posts
  • 1,035 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 minutes ago by Pinhead_
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9321 (resized).png
    image_2024-03-14_213052593.png
    image_2024-03-14_192715726.png
    image_2024-03-14_192145689.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6650 4 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

The best picture is the last one in the dark.

Yeah... It needs pinstadiums all right.

What I hate though. And i know that is why this thread exists, are people who try to sell the Evel Knievel and fireball home models for the price of the actual real arcade models. I might consider a nice conditioned Evel Knievel for around 1,600 if it was right in my backyard. Because, even though that is about 400-500 too high. The game shoots good(my opinion, and by the time I would pay for shipping, it balances out.

But, I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy the home versions of any pinball machine. No thank you. The new star wars one though... If it was around 1,800 might be worth it...

#6657 4 years ago

WOW!!!! And to think. For that price you could get a Deadpool pro, a JP2 Pro... A ghostbusters prem perhaps... Don't get me wrong I think Evel Knievel is a very good SS shooter. But, no way in hell I'd ever pay that price. Not a fan of the theme. When I get my new house in 3-4 years, I'd like me either an Evel or an Harlem Globetrotters. But, no way at that price. These people must think ohhh pinball. Must be expensive.

What is sad... Someone might buy it for that price. I hope not.

Edit...
    Hold on guys. He'll ship this for FREE!!!!!!
    And if you're local and can pickup he'll take 500 dollars off... So he seems pretty reasonable to me.

2 weeks later
    #6708 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Confirmed production 17,410 = RARE

Don't you guys know that all pinball machines are quite rare!!!!
    I swear, almost every pinball listing I read on craigslist, offerup, or ebay has rare in it. I myself don't even really consider a run of 1k that rare, because give it a month or two and you'll find one bouncing around trying to be offloaded.

#6713 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

losangeles.craigslist.org link
    Vintage pinball machine - $4500 (Arleta)
    Vintage bow and arrow pinball machine - VERY RARE, great condition.
    CASH ONLY - I WILL NOT accept cashiers checks.

Yeah... Rare... Only around 7,000 produced... Very rare indeed... A good game... And maybe for around 700-1200 dollars I'd consider buying one. I don't like the theme, but I really like how it shoots. Again... These people are like its pinball it must be rare.

#6719 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinfixer:

This is a rare Bow and Arrow![quoted image]

Took me a second to realize it was a solid state... Very nice...
    DO you know how the rules differ? If they do indeed differ... Sometimes the solid states had a slightly deeper ruleset. Just curious is all.

#6722 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinfixer:

I've never owned or played a EM B&A, so I can't say for sure. However I have had a lot of people play this one and no one has ever mentioned any difference rules wise. I also have an EM Blackjack and the rules are identical as the solid state. 22 solid state B&A were made, and Bally dismantled 11 of them to use as spare parts for the remaining 11. I can account for about 7 survivors. It's a great game and even though a prototype it's equally as robust as any later solid state Bally to follow. I personally think it's one of the fastest playing games in my collection.

Yeah, as I said above I like Bow and Arrow. Fun game. Love the spinners on it. Very good layout, shoots really good. What more do you need in a pinball machine.

#6726 4 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Well it’s not Craigslist exactly but hopefully it fits they category. Seems a bit high for an em that is not working????[quoted image]

but the condition is rated as Fair...
    Jeez... If a nonworking pinball can be rated as fair... Then I'd hate to know what acceptable would be listed as in this sellers opinion.

#6739 4 years ago

You'd think for 7k he'd at least supply the balls... Cos I mean at that price he really should have balls to spare, considering the pair he has for thinking that machine of his will ship for that price.

#6742 4 years ago
    Quoted from vec-tor:

Not really,... but the Electronic Bow & Arrow does play very fast.
    "slightly deeper ruleset." ... coin options? / test features ?/ replay level?.

Fast is good... I always liked the way the EM one plays. I got to play it 2 different times at 2 different expos. Both machines were in good shape. I would love one day to have a whole row of just em machines... But, don't have the room... And with some of these ebay and craigslist prices, definitely not at those prices!!!!!

#6753 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Id love to go to that bingo with balls and tell him to put them in and show me how it works for 10k.

Might be one hell of a story to tell.. Not sure it be worth the 10k though. But, maybe a tank of gas and some balls!

2 weeks later
    #6831 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Maybe he will throw in the can of pringles?

Oh no. You can't afford that. Not at his prices.

#6841 4 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

[quoted image]

How much would the JJP GnR cost you figure? Best to just wait and buy that one! As you'd get much better versions of the songs on the new one.

#6842 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

They are asking $800 for a machine Pinsiders value at about nothing, but look how clean and tidy the room is.

But, they claim its "RARE". So it MUST be worth something!!!!

I know I've said it before(rather typed), but just because something is rare doesn't mean it is worth anything. I doubt he'll ship it at that price. As I bought a Night Moves recently off offerup for 800 dollars in good shape. Let me think... Zizzle or a cocktail machine... He'll find that his ad next to a regular fair priced pinball will lose out. But, man... If he does sell it... I feel sorry for the kids in the family who'll get that machine when they could have gotten an actual pin for that price.

#6847 4 years ago
    Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

atlanta.craigslist.org link
    $6500 for Data East JP. The description is hilarious:
    There have been three pinball adaptations of the 1993 film Jurassic Park: a physical table released by Data East the same year the film came out, a virtual table developed by Zen Studios on the franchise's 25th anniversary and a new physical table released by Stern Pinball a year after. All three tables behave differently. This machine is number 126 of the original 9,008 units produced starting with the first adaptation in 1993, therefore this is a rare machine. It works flawlessly and all the lights, flippers, bumpers, shaker, & dinosaur all work as they should. Two items that make this game especially rare are the topper is original and the two taradactles that are usually missing or broken are intact and in great shape. The glass is clear and the cabinet almost pristine. There are no new LED lights as all are originals or replaced with the same type. The machine was gone through in the summer of 2016 by Atlanta Pinball Repair and needed soldering done on some connections. It has played perfectly since then. This machine needs nothing to be enjoyed as soon as you plug it in. An added bonus is we have the original owner's manual as well which includes wiring diagrams, game specs, game operation, adjustments, diagnostics & parts list. Similar machines are for sale on eBay for over $7,500. The reason for selling is we just don't play it any longer and want someone else to enjoy it. Cash only, no checks, PayPal, or anything else please. I can help disassemble the legs for transport and will help you load into your vehicle but you'll be responsible for wrapping it in your own blankets. Serious inquiries will be invited to view a video of the machine in operation. Please ask any questions and I'll try to answer them.

Another RARE machine of 9,000... Which is actually a pretty good run for pinball. That's around double the mark of a successful run. 3-4k runs were considered successful. And in the 90s around the time of Addams Family I believe Bally were giving about 100 dollar bonus or something to that effect of each sale over 4k to the main designers. I heard a story about one of the programers on TZ calling his house the house that TZ built as he bought it with his bonus money...

I don't know the actual figures. Just the general details that were relayed to me 2nd hand. So this is a 3rd hand story. Take it with a grain of salt. Anyway... Regardless... It always cheeses me off these idiots don't know what a rare pinball machine is.
    As even the 3k runs are not always necessary to turn a profit. Gottlieb had a lot of 1-2k runs and they stayed in business for a long time with a lot of runs like that.
    I own a breakshot. 1k produced.. .not a great run and its a lot less than most pinballs. But, you wait around. And you'll see it turn up quite often on the pinball market. Rare... Sure... But, not impossible to find. And it doesn't mean its expensive. A breakshot is 1,800-2,400. But, if I put my machine on Craiglist... Maybe its super rare and worth like 10,000 dollars...

Any takers???? Just joking.

Edit. I really want to contact all these idiots and explain to them what I posted above. Just cheeses me off. But, I LOVE this thread. So much fun to read these posts. Thank you all for posting them!!!!!!

#6856 4 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Just the tip[quoted image]

ebay.com link: itm

Can get the whole pinball for just 250 more.... I didn't even search this out. I tend to browse offerup once or twice a week and this popped up in the search field. Just relevant to this thread. And I'm happy to finally post something constructive in this thread, besides my opinion which I know is never asked for.

#6858 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon:

the back glass is kinda cool its bright and campy 1978-80ish , maybe they think they did us a favor by throwing out the rest of it
    I should offer them 50 bucks

It is an atari... Don't think I ever played on in person, but I played a few of them virtually... I mean, they're pinball machines, so good for a few games or so, but that is the best I can say about them. Some of the art like you said is cool though.

3 weeks later
    #6909 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

This is from Target, not Craigslist, but it’s just the same- Ultra-rare ! In every Target across America.[quoted image]

You had me at RARE!!!!!

2 weeks later
    #6947 4 years ago

https://offerup.com/item/detail/825701266/

Okay... So it's not pinball and its not craigslist but it is really funny. 120 dollars for a non-working nes with the box with a cleaner kit... Wow... What a bargain.
    FYI. There is another set for a working NES with actually a decent selection of games for the same price.

1 week later
    #6953 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Just popped up on my fb. I know spirit is worth money but DAYUM[quoted image][quoted image]

For once they do have the right to call this one rare.

But, less than a 100 plays on a 40 year old machine... Yeah... I don't believe that. Where was it stored. Home use only was really not a thing in the 80s. Sure, sure... Some people did have pins in the home. Not like today though.

But, its really only about 2,500 over priced. As a Spirit can go for 7-10k...
    This is a pin that plays decent. Looks amazing... But, I mean...Even if it was 4-5k... I don't think it would be worth that. Not when you can get so many better options and deeper playing pins cheaper.

#6957 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I actually messaged the guy and he was receptive. My concern with that game is the wear around the center display and the possible condition of the boards. He did eventually say he'd take 8k for it, which I feel is still maybe 1k too high but who knows without seeing better pics. so if anyone wants a spirit here's your chance. Not a game I'm interested in.

8k is a fair price for a game as rare as spirit. I mean... How often do they come up for sale.
    With that being said. While the game plays fine(don't know if his does). I'd rather just spend the money and get something like Batman 66. Spirit is a beauty though, and very unique playfield. Just a shame the game plays a bit too slow and plodding for my taste.

Quoted from vdojaq:

It is possible. This area was home to many Gottlieb employees and higher ups. Who knows who has what in their basements.

Perhaps. You never know. But, I'm still a bit wary of the claim 200 plays in 40 years. Original battery too?

#6961 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah somebody who really wants one will pony up, and thats what I told him too. Let the market do the talking. I'm with you though. I'd rather buy a ton of other games for that kind of money, but I get some people get off on having a statement piece. I have HH and BH so I'm set on my system 80 games forever

If I was rich and had unlimited space and funds. Yeah, I wouldn't mind a spirit. It really does look amazing. And while there are games that play much better, I still am a fan of games of that era and their rulesets.

But, as of right now. I think I only have space for 1-2 more pinballs in my current house. And so I want to be very picky with the last few. I might let some of my family house some of my pins in their house... As I wouldn't mind saving up a collection and opening up a barcade one day.

But, that would be years and years from now. And who knows, by that time maybe the pinball market will have crashed again... I don't think so really... I think the novelty of pinball and the kinectic satisfaction will hold some allure. And I think the novelty of arcades will remain strong. So long as you get the right games.

Anyway... Back to the machine in question. Yeah... It might take a few weeks, but I think he'll be able to sell it for around what he is asking for. 7-10k. Good for him. If that is true and it was a huo... Then it appreciated in value by about 7-10 times what he paid for it. And he really isn't much of a gamer, as it never got played. So not the worst investment... Not the best though.

#6965 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDpinballer:

Yeah it’s rare, but... Maybe just donate it to a museum?.[quoted image]

Okay Indy...
    Just remember we named the Dog Indiana.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Qovh4AFnGLwVG/giphy.gif

#6968 4 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

[quoted image]

Wow... I just buy a 40-60 dollar translite... And I more than double the cost of the Raven that I own... Actually almost 3 times what I paid. Hell... Shipping was about 1/3 of what I paid for the machine...

So I think I'll go to ebay and buy an alt translite...

Raven is a fun game. But, not 3.5k worth of fun. For that price you should be able to get about 2-3 sys 80 gottliebs.

#6973 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

look at those poor droopy flipper bats!

Well you know... At my age. It happens.... Ohhhh ohhh the pinball flippers. Oh yes. Those are drooping.. Yes, that is what I meant.

1 week later
    #6989 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I would assume it still works fine[quoted image]

Ohhhh man... I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read your post. Otherwise it would have been all over my keyboard.

This is just such a glorious ad. I love how they don't even bother to turn it on.

You won the internet for today with that glorious post. Thanks!!!!!

#7008 4 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

humboldt.craigslist.org link
    Sorry, I don't know how to do a screen print. It's for a Terminator 2 where the asking price is $6,000. There's no description beyond the usual "excellent" that would indicate why it is worth 2X market rate. There's three lousy pictures that are far enough away to not have any real detail other than showing a banged up front and drilled out lock.

At least he didn't say rare...

#7011 4 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

the only price that matters is what a buyer will pay. Some folks don’t get that concept and wonder why their games don’t sell. Smoking crack, I guess.

Yes, you are right about that. But, at the same time I don't mind if I overpay slightly for a machine that I want to get. Don't get me wrong. I'd prefer not to overpay. But, sometimes if you're tired of waiting or if you find a buyer close by or willing to ship, I don't mind overpaying...

With that said. For just general machines that you really don't care if you own or not(especially if its a project pin) it can't hurt to try to make a deal. Also, with how long some of these machines have been sitting in peoples houses. Taking up space or neglected. Its like... You never use it. You have 0 dollars right now. I'll take it away and give you money... Which will be more money than what you have right now. Or you can wait... And wait... And probably WAIT! Most people want newer machines. And machines that work.
    I purposefully made an offer for my Night Moves cocktail machine under 400 dollars the guys asking price. I figured the guy would tell me to pound sand, and I wouldn't have to buy the machine... To my horror the guy countered and said why don't we meet in the middle. And I was like... Why do you have to be reasonable. And that was too fair of a price for both parties for me to pass up. Machine needed a bit of work. But, all in all its playing great now.

#7016 4 years ago
    Quoted from Md2020:

Funny you mention that. I got a wild hair and reached out for 1100. I just brought it home

Best of luck on your restore. I hope it goes well, and you have a fun pin. I accidentally bought myself a more of a project pin than I would have liked... And now I gotta do some repairs...

But, in the end once they get fixed its always worth it.

#7025 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

This one has been for sale for at least 8 months and the guy just increased the price from 8 grand to 9 lol
    worcester.craigslist.org link[quoted image]

I thought that was the 90s IJ pinball adventure. I was like... Not a bad price. But, for Stern's machine... Yeah.... I don't know if I would buy one even for 3k. Too many machines I rather own than that clunker.

1 month later
    #7071 3 years ago
    Quoted from uphamj:

I told my wife if it sells for tht price I should put mine up ha ha.

Yeah... That's really, really over priced. For a local one I wouldn't mind 3,000. If its all working and in good shape. I actually really like the game. Its not a looker. Its a very ugly pin. But, I like the theme, and I like how it shoots, and its just fun.

And I think for non-pinheads. People like the gun and shooting the baddies. Especially when I show them that there are video mode events during the gameplay. I generally shot the baddies for my father, as he has difficulty in switching from flippers to the trigger. If he beats me by a few million... Ohhh well... I should have played better to begin with.

But, man you could get a Black Knight SOR pro for around that price.

#7073 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

boston.craigslist.org link
    Condition:
    A solid 9.5 out of 10. It has had minimal use and very low hours in almost 30 years and everything is fully functional. The playing surface is barely touched. We did have to replace and upgrade the MPU board due to corrosion from the AA backup batteries (a common issue with these machines). And there is some slight marks near the lock door due to a prying incident when the keys were lost (2 sets of keys are included). There might be 1 or 2 bulbs burnt out….but those are easy-peasy to replace.
    Price:
    $6,000 firm (you won’t find another like this on the used market)
    Cash or certified bank check. Serious buyers only.
    Please do not reply with lowball offers or trades.
    We cannot deliver but will help you load it into your vehicle etc.[quoted image]

1-2 bulbs being out generally translates to actually a heck of a lot of bulbs out... And the people are like... Ohhhhh no wonder why the game is so dark!!!!

Edit... And I get why you might lose the keys... I do... But, why pry it open. Lots of things you can do to get it open. Oh well.

1 week later
    #7105 3 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Not Craigslist- but I think this will be acceptable here...
    https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Long-Grove/60047/2523693
    $1499 for a Fireball home edition! I think when they were putting a value on it, they looked up the real Fireball pin.....
    My co-worker has one that's just as nice as this one, works 100% and he keeps bugging me to buy it from him for $100.....I told him- youre paying me the $100? lol

It really irks me when people list the home editions of fireball or evil knievel for the price of the real models.

I love Fireball, it might be more luck based than skill based at times(at times... Skill does matter), but the home edition is nothing like the real one. You need that spinning wheel.

Near me there was a guy trying to sell his home model fireball for I think 500-600 dollars for the longest time. The backglass looks good though. But no thank you.

#7116 3 years ago

https://offerup.com/item/detail/863212084/

Speak of the devil.
    And I don't hate on these models. Just hte prices people think they'll fetch. I can get some good 80s gottliebs for this price.

Machines with more mechs, and just more going on and better sounds and rules. No really deep games, but again... I might be able to get a Genesis for close to this price, I got my raven with shipping cheaper, my hardbody with shipping cheaper, and my Sinbad cheaper(no shipping needed on that one).

1 week later
    #7158 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Price isn’t far out of whack on either the big guns or the Hollywood Heat, at least not by northwest price standards.
    But then again maybe I’m just use to overpaying?
    But the HH guys lowball warning cracks me up.

I think its fair, if it does have the new pinscores and rottendog boards. Means you shouldn't have a problem with its electrical for a good long time. I would always try to lower any online price by 100 at least though.

Not a bad game. But, I don't have the space for it. I'm saving the last few slots in my house for truly special games. I want a ROBOWAR I think and perhaps a ghostbusters or a BKSOR, or a AFM.

1 week later
    #7188 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

That is some horrendous playfield touch up repairs. Playfield is ruined.
    This is their quote on the Ebay listing:
    "We are not your average collector or enthusiast, we are professionals with over 65 years combined experience between our technicians. We take pride in our work and only do the highest quality services and repairs to all of our arcade and pinball machines."
    Must be blind professionals.

Well, I don't want to crap on someones playfields. I've seen worse.

But, I will tell you I've seen a lot of better condition EK pinball machines. I see one or two almost at every pinball convention that I go to... Sigh... I really wish I could go to one soon. Sadly I bet the chicago one is going to be cancelled this year. I was actually one week away from putting in hotel reservations for MGC when all this crap started to happen.

I like EK. Its a fun shooter. But, not at the price of a deadpool pro. And that condition is probably somewhere in the 1k range for me.

#7208 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

seattle.craigslist.org link
    and they want 3800...

Yeah... I'm not ever sure I'd pay 1k for a pool sharks. Its a fun game for about 7 minutes. And then I'm like okay... I'm done with this!
    Only way I would own one, is if I had space for like 60-80 machines and I got it for like 700 dollars... Otherwise... Yeah...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.