Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#186 9 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

And here's another of my favorites. His first ad for this EM for parts machine stated that he only bought it to steal parts out of because they are impossible to find. Well now that can be your problem for only $100. In this ad he also goes on to link to random ebay auctions for SS parts machines that haven't sold just to show you what a good deal it is!
    wilmington.craigslist.org link

Sounds like a reasonable deal if you are close... that 5" bell alone will sell for at least 1/2 of the asking price. I would buy it if I were closer..

#189 9 years ago
    Quoted from kirkgun:

hmmm. did the ball get stuck behind that dangling broken rubber, perhaps?
    Nice playfield condition though.
    charlotte.craigslist.org link

That means they don't know how the playfield glass is removed.. a good sign, means that they have not messed with the guts.

#197 9 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

And probably never opened the back box either… That’s not so good.

Good, yes! It's an EM ... no batteries. I really prefer a game that no neophyte has screwed with.

3 weeks later
    #248 9 years ago

Dang, I could use all of the mechanicals in the backbox out of that Royal guard....

2 months later
    #652 9 years ago
    Quoted from KillerDragon:

portland.craigslist.org link

Damn, finally a game for sale that's close to me!

1 month later
    #870 9 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Pretty much everything about this ad is reasonable. But.....it just screams emailing the person a $200 offer to see this promised nasty email.....
    akroncanton.craigslist.org link

Send a $200 off AND ask for more photos.

6 months later
    #1467 8 years ago

Actually, it I had a player's condition taxi with a blown out playfield, I would put that on there. Give it some character.

4 weeks later
    #1600 8 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I hear that. Half the fun is bringing one back to life too. There is no location pinball within an hour and a half from me so I will buy any game of the price is right. Fix it, clean it, play it, and if I don't like it or get tired of it sell it. I am a very nonpicky collector.

+3, Nothing better than bringing an old neglected beater back from the dead. I am not picky at all on brand or condition - it's cheap I will buy it. The average purchase cost for a pin in my collection is about $200. My problem is that I have a hard time letting go of it once I fix it.

#1605 8 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

This $50 Xenon has me intrigued. Seems the parts alone would be worth that...
    nh.craigslist.org link

Really, any pin $100 or under is a no brainer - at least in my area.
    Even if it's not salvageable, you WILL need the parts at some time in the future.

1 month later
    #1988 8 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Not kidding. I had a guy from CL show up about 6 months ago for a Stern Dracula partially populated PF I was getting rid of for $75, and he showed up with rolls of quarters. I wanted to put them in a sock and beat him with them. LOL.

Bah - Would just go into my weekly .05-.10-.25 poker game. No big deal.

Lighten up, Francis

3 weeks later
    #2168 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

No need to restore this machine, but you need to clean and wax that playfield.
    Keep it clean, keep it waxed, and here you go.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/
    follow these guides and you will do just fine.

Thought it looked pretty dirty too. A bit of novus #2 & some good old Johnson's paste wax will do the trick.

3 months later
    #2745 7 years ago
    Quoted from setzkor:

Of course, another option besides the basket is that you tried to have a 20+ text conversation with a seller that would prefer a phone call. There are a lot types of sellers out there... And some don't like to "converse" via text doesn't mean they want to break out the lotion... Doesn't mean they don't either

As long as they drop an auto trader down there I am good.

6 months later
    #3492 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

I still can't believe xTheblacknightx paid $50 for a backbox in a cow pasture. It wasn't even in its natural habitat. It's like saying, "you can buy the car for $200 if you can get off the bottom of the lake."
    The guy should have given you the damn thing and planted a row of corn in its place. The one above should read, "free to a good home, parts machine."

Parts is parts.
    You can never have too many spare parts stashed away.

1 month later
    1 month later
    #3809 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryphun:

How does that even happen? I got the main cab but misplaced the brains of the operation over the last 30 years.

It happens. I bought just the lower 1/2 of a really nice Royal Guard. Once I got it home I could see evidence of where it had been dropped & the head had to have been just destroyed. The nails holding the pedestal were bent!

3 weeks later
    #3933 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mark66:

Great deal here, just needs a fuse and some new rubbers....Reno craigslist
    $100 obo

Actually, it says $100 or "OBO" - that's not that bad for parts - really, the lockdown bar appears ok, that's $30-40 worth right there. No doubt there's quite a few odds & ends that are salvageable. I would offer the guy $25~30 for it.
    Evaporust is your friend

#3941 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This passes my threshold limit on effort versus reward for the salvage.
    I don't like to pay to pick up other people's junk (even $25), unless it is next door.
    I really do not have any idea what the playfield and backglass on this bingo looks like anyway, as there are no photos.
    I used to do it regularly, but those were different times, where you could normally at least restore in most cases.
    I assume I will see you at PAGG?

No PAGG for me this year, will be @ the PNW pin show in June. Hope to make it to the Pacific pinball expo this year too..

#3958 7 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I just texted him to get the lockdown bar, figuring I'd at least save that and could probably use it for my Olympics. He said he already sold it. Bummer. Someone else here got the same idea from your post. Who has it????

Yeah, you can't just gloss over the junkers... there's always some stuff you can use.

2 months later
    #4218 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

..I think I offered 200 knowing that ALL em restoration projects require replacing the transformer for a more efficient model.

Seriously?
    You replace the transformer?

#4240 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

If anyone needs the contact info just let me know

Damn, it's the coveted home version too

3 months later
    #4804 6 years ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

Gotta disagree, Aztec is a great player's game. Love ripping that spinner! Feel free to send all your free ones my way

& a damn fast EM with the DC pop bumpers.

1 week later
    #4848 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'd not pay $150, not enough parts there.

Worth it.
    Nice looking coin door & door surround trim, lock bar, & the inside of the cabinet probably has lot of good usable parts in there.

2 months later
    #5251 6 years ago

pin (resized).jpgpin (resized).jpg

This pin was on my local Craigslist for just a couple of hours @ $250
    Gone now, but what pin was it?

8 months later
    #5889 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spinape:

That’s one way to try and sell a pin

A tatted up skank?

2 months later
    #6024 5 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ve actually showed up to quite a few houses where they said nonworking and I noticed connectors off. In the old days, I would reconnect them and show them that it worked. But then they would try to up the price. These days, that’s a load and go situation.

Hell yes.

5 months later
    #6317 4 years ago

Bah. Tons of good parts there
    Lockdown bar
    Coin door and trim
    Probably most of the boards
    Kickouts, coils, displays.....

Always pays off to have parts machines around

2 months later
    #6447 4 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

Factory certified New Beetle Convertible tech here... make sure the rear window hasn't come loose from the top. I'm looking for DE Simpsons or DE Starwars... I'll install a new top, parts and labor for trade. I just finished up a top on one this morning so I'll have some extra cash to waste pinball.

My wife wanted one of those beetle convertibles bad, thank goodness we drove one & she changed her mind.
    I'm not a German car fan. Too expensive to repair & reliability is crap.

Toyota rules!

#6450 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Mopar or no car!

More like FIAT or no car.... I prefer no car

7 months later
    #7042 4 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Ummm. Yeah.[quoted image]

Damn, that's the good stuff right there

1 month later
    #7148 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari1977:

Saw this Bow and Arrow machine on Facebook, actually not that bad of a replacement backglass.
    [quoted image]

I would keep it. Nice Americana

1 week later
    #7165 3 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

raleigh.craigslist.org link
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, a real pin tech must have looked at that.

4 months later
    #7474 3 years ago

Drink up Shriner

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=dasvis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.