Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,859 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Atari1977
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#946 9 years ago
    Quoted from seven:

Firepower Pinball Machine works perfect, All New Display's, New Rubber's and Lights. Play's Great !
    $3200
    victoria.craigslist.ca link

That is so frustrating I've been looking for a good value machine. Firepower, Pinbot are both tops on my list. Something in that genre that I could get at a reasonable price. There is just not a lot available in BC, if his price was reasonable I would jump on the ferry and grab it. Your looking at 3600 plus hassle before you could get this home, it's insane.

1 week later
    #964 9 years ago
    Quoted from JafCo:

Incredibly expensive, certainly. But them's some nice looking machines. It would probably cost that much to restore them all to that shape -- problem is, noone told him that if you do so, you'll probably not get your $$ back.

It would cost that much if you overpaid for trashed machines then paid someone else to do all the work. For that money you could easily have machines of equal quality. Apart from the artistic and really technical stuff like painting and board repair most of the work in a restoration is achievable by your average guy. That is the one great thing about the hobby people are super helpful and knowledge is not hard to find.

3 weeks later
    #1016 8 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Not craigslist, but quite deserving of a good laugh...
    ebay.com link » Double Dragon Coin Op Arcade Game
    Double Dragon arcade - $2,795
    Ya know, because there are no cigarette burns after all...

The original arcade is basically unplayable. This is like the first game with massive frame rate issues. All the knock offs that came after it gained popularity are much better. If you haven't played this since back in the day you'll laugh at how bad it is.

6 months later
    #1714 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Do you feel insulted or would you like assistance?
    Intensity comes with my personality after spending a full career in the military. It's natural, and motivating.

It also comes with psychosis, there is nothing natural about a desire to berate and humiliate people publicly. Deep breaths man, that stress and shit will kill you.

#1718 8 years ago

I never stated I "enjoyed" doing such actions. That is sadistic. What I do know is human beings DO NOT learn unless are consequences. Otherwise, unscrupulous sellers just keep trying to burn new collectors. I do my part to protect against these actions.

It is strange that you have such strong beliefs in how human beings learn, your taking the price police to a whole new level. A willingness to berate and humiliate someone over the price of a pinball machine, I agree that is sadistic and if you don't enjoy it why are you doing it?

#1720 8 years ago

It's not strange if you spent the first half of your life in a military career. It's engrained as a part of moral values. I detest those that try to take advantage of others in any shape and form.
    It's not about price, it's about condition, functionality, and cost together. I am not the "price police", I am one of those collectors that help others to get into the hobby but they DO NOT have an immediate bad taste in their mouth and quit before the start, because of bad sellers.
    I am sure you would have appreciated having this at some point.
    A person should get what they pay for.
    As I already stated, I do this to protect others, as many people will not do it, out of lack of concern or care. No different than when I protected the rights of others for different reasons at another time in my life.
    Did you know that most insurance companies did not recognize the existence of pinball machine appraisers?

I disagree with you on almost every level so we will just have to agree to disagree.

2 months later
    #2289 8 years ago

vancouver.craigslist.ca link

Such a terrible ad. I know GnR is sought after but do they really go for 7-9k US.

3 months later
    #2730 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Price is fair nice playfield but the way they folded the head is awsome. They folded it with the head bolts in!
    Also the Feel the power in the ad title is from whirlwind not firepower
    ebay.com link » Firepower Pinball Machine Williams 1980 Feel The Power
    "The back panel of the backboard and the particle board panel on the back do have some wear at the bottom -- though not readily visible."

This is a good laugh but if this was closer I would jump on it. Been looking for one for a while and they always have damage I can't fix. A cabinet is any easy fix even if it doesn't work the pinball stuff is all doable. Repainting the playfield is outside my skillset and they always seem to be trashed on Firepower.

#2739 7 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Problem with the 20 questions/million photograph types is that no matter how many pictures/videos/vouches from others who have played your machine they will still show up and break out the magnifying glass and try to find one imperfection that wasn't identified and then act as if you were trying to deceive them or shake them down for an extra $100. Sheesh, just move along and I'm sure you'll find that CQ example at a bargain price and be the first to respond when it's listed. Amazing that their collection usually ends up being beaters and parts machines.

As a buyer I have experienced the opposite, guy send me a few pics I was happy we agreed on the price. I had to spread the payment out over a couple days just so I could email transfer the money. Everyday the guy kept sending me pics of new issues and they were the smallest things. When he took the legs off to ship it he noticed the smallest wrinkle and send me a pic to make sure I wasn't pissed. I was actually getting concerned because it seemed like it had a lot of little things wrong with it. I can't imagine how anal and picky some guys must be. I have never sold but if people want to go over every inch with a magnifying glass then expect the me to reduce the price I would laugh. When the pin arrived I was amazed how nice it was, I've seen pictures here of brand new sterns with more issues. I should add the pin was routed and I felt I paid routed price.

11 months later
    1 week later
    #4144 6 years ago

Looks like a decent Firepower with a nice playfield, I would take a look.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.