Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,869 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Nintegageo
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcangeloel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3817 7 years ago

Here is an awesome one. Look at that play field. I would offer 100 maybe 300. Rough shape.

richmond.craigslist.org link

Pic of the Play field  (resized).pngPic of the Play field (resized).png

#3819 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Includes a doorbell mod and completely white repainted cabinet.

HAHAHHA Where do these prices come from? Doorbell Mod hahahah

#3821 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I'm suddenly amused by the idea that the doorbell doesn't add credits, but actually just rings a doorbell.

For me it's just one of those things that is hard to even look at. Why would you 1) Let the play field get that bad... 2) Repaint the entire cabinet white and 3) Why would you install a door bell on the front of the machine... 4) Why would you price the machine at $1200. Crazy,crazy crazy.

#3823 7 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

But he has the original manual and glass.....lol

HAHAHA, those are worth a ton, what would you do without them.

#3839 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Can somebody make an installation guide for the doorbell mod?

1. Drill three holes through cabinet two for mounting and one for wires
    2. Hook wires from door bell to coin door
    3. Press button on door bell to add credits
    4. Throw machine into dumpster as you have ruined it's value Well not 100% but something about putting a door bell on the front of the pin really bugs me. I have seen it done where the door bell is on the bottom of the machine out of sight and it looks okay but still, why would you do that? Why not just rig something up to the coin return button or plunger on the coin door and make it add credits? Those always work well and are 100 percent reverse-able if someone doesn't like it in the future.

#3841 7 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Just found this on Facebook...........
    Showroom Restoration Gottlieb Haunted House
    $6,500
    Kansas City, KS
    All serious offers considered.
    This game is top notch hundred of hours to make this beauty. I'll try to some this up but I'm sure I'll miss so many things.
    - All 3 play fields stripped, paint touch ups as needs and automotive clear coated
    - cabinet fully stripped new professional paint job "not decal stickers" auto body clear coat shine.
    - all new flipper rebuilds with new coils
    - Full LED upgrades
    - original back glass with triple thick clear coat spray added to protect
    - new green tint window
    - added fuses for kickers
    - set for free play
    - all pop bumper boards updated one new pop bumper board added
    - new pascal p1-80 master control board added "can covert to multi ball play currently standard play"
    - all new display caps
    - most all connectors re- pinned
    - new glass
    - original game manuals plus tons of update literature
    - all new high quality fuses
    Here are some links to show what's been done
    https://flipagram.com/f/MogEYAYNQy
    https://flipagram.com/f/MokZW7JSDO
    https://flipagram.com/f/ModsYuTkol
    Video of game play
    » YouTube video
    - I have restored over 16 games this is the one I'm most proud of really went above and beyond to make this reliable for years to come.

I'm confused... why is this funny? The price?

#3843 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

That HH looks incredible...

I agree. I would love to have that machine in my collection.

#3845 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Will this process also work with the flipper buttons?

Hmm yes except you would only need one hole for the flipper button.

1 week later
    #3878 7 years ago

Here's a good one. $1500 for this EM. Where do people get these prices? To me that would be a $450 game if it was in decent working condition. Crazy the prices people ask for. I wonder if for that price I get the flower pot and plant on top of the machine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3884 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, that's actually a reasonably desirable pin, so it's not as far off as you would think. It's hard to find one of those under $1k.

Odd, I wonder why, is it a super fun game or something? maybe I need to take a second look

#3929 7 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

^^I credit the seller for taking many detailed pics. BUT DAMN..LOL

I think they should pay someone 100 to haul it off lol. Question, in that condition could anything even be saved? An odd question but I'm sure I'll come across this one day. I feel bad for that pinball machine. So many people would have given it a good home or at least helped other machines lIke it and the cabinet could have become a vitural pin or something... sad.

#3931 7 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

Backglass maybe? Plastics? not much there that I can see

Yeah that's what I was thinking... maybe the coin door and the apron but both would need to be sand blasted and repainted...pop bumpers maybe? Crazy...

2 weeks later
    #4014 6 years ago

Worn down to the wood but he still wants 3.5K this guy is a local who was an operator and now has all of his machines in his basement. Almost all of them are mildewed or molded (YUCK). Still I love to check his offerings for a good laugh.

ebay.com link: sing a long pinball

#4018 6 years ago

STAR WARS THE NEXT GENERATION hahahahahahahaah that is awesome.

#4019 6 years ago

I kind of want this but, not for $300 maybe like 30.

Quoted from Travish:

Well not Craigslist but how about a really nice eBay black knight?

2 weeks later
    #4063 6 years ago

I mentioned this a while back and they have yet to give up. Down to $600. Worn down to wood and destroyed cabinet with a door bell mod. I think on the high side this would be a $200 game given the condition.

#4065 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

It's updated:
    >>"MOTHERS DAY SPECIAL ONLY TODAY" !!!<<
    What a SPECIAL for Mom!!! I know my 76 yr old mother would be thrilled to receive this "hunk"... of junk.

hahahah what a piece of junk

#4067 6 years ago

I know this isn't a pinball machine but god dog. $2500... No way!

#4068 6 years ago

3 weeks later
    #4223 6 years ago

Here's a high priced high speed. Does HUO really add that type of value? I don't think so.

norfolk.craigslist.org link

#4242 6 years ago

Sounds like a good deal... $25,000 for four EM's (They do look nice and are good titles but I'm sorry they need to knock off a zero).

ebay.com link: Gottliebs Pinball Machines El Dorado Square Head Quick Draw Big Brave

#4244 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

does he know listed on ebarf.. Gottlieb-Big-Brave-Pinball-Machine $1799.00
    ebay.com link » Gottlieb Big Brave Pinball Machine

I know right and that one looks just as good or atleast fairly close hahaha.

2 weeks later
    #4343 6 years ago

My toddler just gave me the craziest look when I just laughed my ass off when I saw that side art. Good luck to the seller. Who knows I was never into a velvet Elvis but people buy the shit out of those, so maybe people will like this too. hahahaha. Great find.

#4377 6 years ago

I know this one isn't craigslist but man, $2500 for this when that backglass is almost completely gone. HAHAHAHAHA... Also you've got to love that helicopter topper mod hahahha (I honestly think it's just being used for storage but who knows). I wonder if keeping a pin in the laundry room would cause humidity issues and lead to planking I doubt it but who knows.

https://us.letgo.com/en/i/pinball-machine_5f5f0a1f-5d97-4355-97b5-75f068ead7b2

#4379 6 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity199:

I have been looking for the rare and elusive "UCHDO" for a while. Thanks!

Hahaha UCHDO. Hey that's a new title right maybe ForceFlow will create us a new game entry

1 week later
    #4456 6 years ago

300 a month? That seems like way too much. What were you putting it in the New York Times? Most of the ad's for the local paper are like 50-60 something like that.

1 week later
    #4525 6 years ago

Here is a good one. The price is decent but the description makes me laugh. He made his own belt and then drew a paper football. Nothing like high quality DIY work. Anyone know if replacement parts for this are east to find? I might pick it up if so.

ebay.com link: itm

4 months later
    #5187 6 years ago

Here's another Dr.Game special. Check out that yellow on the playfield. What a great touch up hahahaha.

ebay.com link: BALLY PLAYBOY PINBALL

Screenshot_20171229-200252 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171229-200252 (resized).png

1 week later
    #5220 6 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Found this gem.

Yum they sprayed the switches with WD-40... wtf?

1 week later
    #5266 6 years ago

Is 2k a bad price for a fully restored Fire! ? Provided it is actually restored that might not be such a bad price?

#5268 6 years ago

Derp didn't see Wilson on the Fire! Ad. Lol

#5270 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A Wilson pineball machine...

#5274 6 years ago

All Yeah another Classic Dr.Game. This time a Bingo for 2k.

pasted_image_desc (resized).pngpasted_image_desc (resized).png

1 month later
    #5399 6 years ago

#5406 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is that where the legs went?

This made me laugh just thinking about how crazy it would look to see a car driving on pinball legs lol.

2 months later
    #5569 5 years ago

Here's a Bingo for $1600, no clue if it's even working, no restoration or anything just as is.

#5571 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPilot:

You can't sell a bingo around here for more than $200 unless it an unusual situation, and even at $200 it will take weeks or months to sell. I personally enjoy bingos for the nostalgia value, but soooooo complex and complicated to repair. There's a Nashville bingo on Ebay in good shape that didn't sell for $250. Just not much bingo love out there it seems.

I agree, Bingo's are fun and I like how complex they are, it just makes you wonder where people get these numbers from. Yeah, locally I've seen some of the really beat up examples posted for $50 and they stick around forever. I guess for that game I'd be willing to pay $150 or so? I'd think given it's condition that would be fair.. maybe $200.

3 weeks later
    #5627 5 years ago

Look man you could ride it down a hill, other than the most expensive thing being broken on it, its in real good shape . I like how it has 47k miles on it as well. I feel like that is a lot of miles for a bike (Could just be me).

Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Not a pinball but just loved this description
    Make: Suzuki
    Model: Gz250
    Year: 2007
    Miles: 47,000
    Description: Nice little cruiser. Has a blown engine and crack in front fender, other than that in good condition.

#5635 5 years ago

Here's a good one. I like how he said he has 250 hours in it. Wtf were you doing that took 250 hours hahaha. Also because of the new boards... 3k... for a 2 player speak easy I'd think about it for $700 new boards or not.

From the ad:
    For Sale: I have a quite rare Bally Speakeasy from 1982 back when they were making the iconic pinball machines that everybody wants these days. It has over $1200 in upgrades alone including full l.e.d. light conversion and ALL the boards have been replaced with modern technology Alltek electronics. New fly-away targets and rubbers have been installed as well as a playfield protector and a new power supply too. There's really too much to list but with over 250 hours put into it you can be sure that everything has been thoroughly gone through and it works and plays absolutely perfect. Truly it's as close to being bullet proof as any machine could be, I would not expect it to have any problems whatsoever for many, many years to come. I've attached a few pics for you to take a look at. Price is $2950.00 obo. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have. My name is Jon and I am located in Richmond, Va. You may respond to this ad via email or call me at show contact info
    , no texting, no calls after 9pm. Thank yo

2 months later
    #5743 5 years ago

Only 3K Worn down to wood. No lock bar, no glass, rotted rubbers

Original 1977 big top pinball - $3000

I have a all original 1977 big too pinball machine it needs some work but all the parts are there it still lights up and makes noises just needs new glass and some other little things

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #5751 5 years ago

People pay $1100 for a NOS PF for that game? I wouldn't but that's just me. LOL I do like the droopy flipper. I feel like we should keep emailing him $1200 offers just to see if he goes wild.

#5774 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I sent him an offer $1250. Cash. He replied "No, I only accept checks. Read the description." So I followed up with "ok, I give you a check."

I feel like that is weird AF. Why would he only accept checks? Maybe a scam of some sort where he would try to make you send the check to him ahead of time. In my experience as a seller the safest way is with cash outside of them giving you counterfeit cash I don't see it being an issue.

4 weeks later
    #5832 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

offer him $40

Whats the link I'll do it. I think shit like that is funny.

#5848 5 years ago

$3200 for a Nugent. LOLZ

#5866 5 years ago

I feel like that ad has gone beyond a laugh and has entered into the realm of stupidity. 2 Million for any pin would never make sense unless perhaps it was made of gold or something I feel like the conversion isn't even that good hahaha.

Quoted from EvanDickson:

I gave this it's own thread, but no one's biting. $2 Million USD ask for a Royal Flush converted into a beer brand theme. [quoted image]

1 week later
    #5883 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

ebay.com link » Pinball Machines For Sale
    I really don't think 1) the guy knows what a pinball machine is
    2) USPS ain't about to ship one...

I think it would be funny as shit to see someone try and fit a full sized, crated pinball machine in a mail truck. Those guys get tired when they have to put a package on my front porch much less something that large (I do like USPS though just not for big stuff)

2 weeks later
    #5921 5 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Hard to pass this up....
    newjersey.craigslist.org link

I feel like if he knocked off a zero then I'd be interested

1 month later
    #6033 5 years ago

All yeah 6k Funhouse no pics, no new pf

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
    #6076 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

The Sunglasses King is back!
    losangeles.craigslist.org link

When I read this I thought the guy was just pranking people is he serious? He creates sunglasses art? Weird AF.

3 months later
    #6226 5 years ago

$3900 for an Evel Knievel oh and because he is soo generous only 1k for the Gorgar but only if you buy the EK. LOL. And remember folks... NO TEXTING!

3 months later
    #6437 4 years ago

All yeah how about a 15k tron smd.craigslist.org link

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcangeloel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.