Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,867 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by pevo
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1221 8 years ago

$2,200 for an Amigo..come on, who wouldn't pay that. That's a steal. I'm going to make the drive. I also want to grab the Strato-Flite with the Pat Hand backglass. That makes the game one of a kind. Some people on CL are too much. We should hook them up with the guy on eBay that has the Michael Jackson machine listed for $100k.

#1234 8 years ago

$3k for a Monte Carlo isn't a great price? But it has a functioning roulette wheel....

#1237 8 years ago

A Williams Flash just listed on Philly craigslist. They also have a High Speed, so I contacted the owner to see what they wanted for both machines (of course, no price in ad for either game, just "make offer"). He wants $2,500 for the Flash, which has a white backbox. When I told him it was supposed to be black, he said it was "custom painted".

Somebody had better grab this one quick before it goes to another lucky soul. The artwork package on Flash is phenomenal, and they only made a very limited run (19,000) of those machines.

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#1245 8 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

Wonder what he wants for the High Speed, $4k?

He wanted $3500. Ridiculous.

2 weeks later
    #1310 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Re-posted for posterity.

00W0W_b1TWcCbXsN_600x450.jpg
    Honestly, it's not that bad. Use some goo gone on it to remove the tape without ripping off the artwork, and it will probably be fine.

What a shame. Centigrade is a game that is getting harder and harder to find. I offered him $800 and he said no. Looks like he wants a little extra for the amount of money he spent on the duct tape.

#1319 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

this ad has been on sf bay area cl for a year.
    all the games talk and everything. he is firm on price which is why they have not sold.
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

It's probably because he wants $3k for each game, no matter the title...it is ashame that he has no photos to see if the games even light or boot up. I agree with Toyota...a few pics in attract mode would probably go a long way with him. I do love the "no drug trades" comment also. I wonder if that is subliminal...and he really wants drugs in trade.

#1323 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

chicago.craigslist.org link
    pinball machines way over priced
    Where do you people get your prices on these em pinball machines? You can't go by what people are trying to sell them for on ebay. Granted there are a few that are worth 2 grand but most bring
    600 tops
    This ad was on CL. lol

Actually, there are many EM games that are reasonably worth more than only $600, particularly 70's Gottlieb wedgeheads and EM's that have had extensive restorative work. I know a lot of "strictly SS or DMD guys" don't believe so, but that is reality. We all know prices on CL and eBay are typically way out of control, hence this thread. However, consult Boston Pinball or even Mr. Pinball Price Guide. Those sources are at least somewhat reliable and will defunct the notion that all EM's are not worth what they weigh.

#1324 8 years ago

And not to DMB in particular, my response above is what I replied to the CL post that you referenced.

#1327 8 years ago

Definitely agreed. I always get a laugh when people throw up CL posts like this. I actually saw one a few weeks ago and should have put it up here. It was something to the effect of "WTB: Grossly Overpriced Pinball Games, or Overpriced Pinballs That Are in Horrible Condition, or Even Trash." He actually had contact info listed, but took down the post by the time I went back. I wanted to ask him if he actually received any responses. I would bet that he did.

#1348 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Heh...if I had a nickel every time I took off the lockbar and removed the glass and the (soon to be former) owner said, "wow, I didn't know you could do that"

Ain't that the truth. That makes even the pinner with the lowest level of repair prowess feel good about themselves. LOL

#1363 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

To bad he didn't post pictures of the acctual game he has and posted stock photos instead.

I hate when people post any game for sale and use the stock photos, or even worse, the flyer. Then again, there are some people out in the world that still use 1994 Motorola flip phones. Hopefully he takes the money he makes off the game and buys either a camera or an updated cell, or some common sense.

#1369 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

00i0i_b0DY8Cg1GWq_600x450.jpg
    Looks like there's a few extra numbers in the price....

If extra digits, the question is do you think he wants $2,175, or $1,750? Both prices would be ridiculous for that game. But then again, it does have a functioning roulette wheel!!! Unless Rob takes it for $18k...

#1371 8 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Flip Phone? I just got a new family plan with these really cheap.
    o-80S-BRICK-PHONES-570.jpg

And I think those phones are legen......wait for it......dary. They must be a blast to text on. Ahhh...the good old days. Luckily I was too young to have the pleasure of using one of those bad boys. Thank God.

#1376 8 years ago

Maybe he's selling a refurb'd Chevy Monte Carlo SS...and accidently posted a pic of the pinball game.

#1395 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

What's with the duct tape on machines lately?

Didn't you hear...duct tape is the new mod to have. I like the Gorilla tape mod myself. It is much stronger and really peels of the artwork in a fashionable way. Makes the game more collectible IMHO.

#1398 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

So... I don't know the whole story but it appears two guys are fighting over craigslist. I was just looking for project pin the other day and stumbled on this. There are yo momma jokes and other middle school style insults.
    " target="_blank">nh.craigslist.org link
    nh.craigslist.org link

That has got to be a few of the weirdest posts on CL I have ever seen. What the hell are those two thinking? And do they even have a pinball machine they're selling? LOL. I wish I had that much free time on my hands that I could circuitously make fake ads about nothing.

#1418 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I don't know anything about this one but it seems steep to me, no??
    losangeles.craigslist.org link

The EM version of Cap Fantastic is actually getting harder to find, and does command a bit of a price. Especially if it has the first production run raunchy backglass. Nonetheless, this one is priced a little high for the condition.

#1419 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

The backglass on this one, lol. It has to be a decal
    losangeles.craigslist.org link

Decal or not, still a somewhat cool manipulation of a Space Mission game (even though Ren & Stimpy is kind of lame).

#1420 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cycloneman:

Lord!! What a shame!!! 800 darn good price but the playfield is a nightmare

Come on, that playfield only has a "little bit" of wear.... What did they do, scrape it with a razor blade? Perhaps 10 years ago it was time to get a few new balls and throw them in there, before the old ones sandpapered the PF.

#1423 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I had read about a censored backglass. What was the difference?

On the original BG, there were some "topless" girls, a bulge in the one guy's crotch, another guy in the mid/bottom center getting "pleasured", and a Hitler-like figure was on the far right side holding a sign up. When Bally got complaints, they changed the BG to what is known as the "star backglass", as they simply covered up all of the above with stars, instead of rescreening the entire BG over again.

cf.jpgcf.jpgCaptFantasticBackglass.jpgCaptFantasticBackglass.jpg

#1435 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

" target="_blank">sfbay.craigslist.org link
    "AZTEC PINBALL MACHINE BY WILLIAMS 1976 EM THIS IS A WORKING EM PINBALL
    MACHINE. THE BACK GLASS WAS TOAST SO I BLACKED IT OUT AND ADDED DESIGNS
    FROM THE PLAY FIELD. CABINET HAS BEEN CUSTOMIZED WITH BLACK LAMINATE, AND DESIGNS FROM PLAY FIELD ADDED.I MAY BE ABLE TO DELIVER. CALL ME!!"

What the hell is that? Does he actually think "blacking out" the BG is attractive, makes the game cooler or adds value? That game is a mess. I wouldn't take it if he gave it to me for free....well maybe if I needed parts. What a waste.

#1436 8 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I got this from my wife this morning, concerning an item we have on Craig's list.
    Sounds legit to me!
    E
    Scam????

That is not a scam...great Buyer...definitely sell to him!!!!

I hate getting these responses...which we all have probably gotten at some point. From the broken English and horrible grammar, all the way to the "always adding $$$" to hold the listed item in their "favor", whatever the hell that means. Sadly, these people must get responses and actually make out with the scam, or they wouldn't keep doing it. I'd like to get a hold of one of them and smack them in the face just to do it...and maybe give them a 4th grade English textbook. Or maybe just smack them with the textbook.

1 week later
    #1485 8 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Looks like the rubbers are new!

And the new rubbers make that game totally worth it...did someone grab it already?

#1487 8 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

165$ for a wood rail that looks to be in decent cosmetic shape is really not a bad deal.

Not a bad deal at all...just wish more of the game was visible so you could see the BG and cabinet condition. Price is very practical...pun intended.

#1504 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

" target="_blank">fortwayne.craigslist.org link
    DE Star Trek $3500
    This guy keeps relisting this with no pics. It is perfect though so who needs pics. Here's the highlights:
    "I did my research and many have sold for over 4,000 in poor condition"
    "originally sold for 9,800.00. delivered"

Does it also come with the commonly-burnt Data East GI IDC connector? If so, that's a steal.

#1514 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

One more, this person supposedly is selling a Stern "Pirates of the Caribbean" pinball machine for $50.
    Yeah, right. Well, I guess it is possible, maybe he stole it?

I think that is the cheap little Zizzle POTC, isn't it? Great addition to any collection.

#1517 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

There is also a post where the picture is a dick... I didn't want to post that as it violates pinside and is unneeded but that's how low they are going. It was entertaining at first but now its just sad that someone takes pinball and pinball pricing that serious.

Very weird indeed....what the hell is going on up there in NH? Doesn't CL have moderators like our wonderful site here? LOL. I don't think it's the water...I think these people are drunk at 9am on a Tuesday morning. At least I hope they are so it would at least make some sense.

1 month later
    #1763 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

This IP has been automatically blocked.
    If you have questions, please email: [email protected]

Never saw that one before. If someone binged your IP address though, make sure all your virus and scamware software is up to date.

2 weeks later
    #1856 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

This is...erm...different

What the hell is that? That is just freaky looking. And why is the Indian wearing jeggings, or some type of skinny jeans? They certainly accent his sneaker-looking moccasins. It must be a more modernly-dressed Indian. RCA, if I can talk him down to $250 I'll buy it for your game room. I think I'd rather have the Seinfeld Indian sans slot machine.

#1872 8 years ago

The "F" stands for fantastic!!! And you gotta love the "Going on ebay for over $2900". Every time I see that on a CL ad, I want to stab the person posting it with a spoon. It's a shame...because the game is dirty but actually looks like it's in pretty good condition.

I wish we could have a log or journal of what some of these games on CL are listed for, and what they actually end up selling for 3 years later. This guy apparently doesn't have that luxury...because he's moving and can't take the game with him. For that price, he'd better plan on having Star Trek around for a few more years in his new home.

#1882 8 years ago

southjersey.craigslist.org link

"Looking to buy a pinball machine. SS or DMD. Not interested in EM games. Have 700 cash in hand and can pick it up asap. Interested in almost all titles. Specifically looking for games like teed off, escape from lost world, special forces, streetfighter2, pool sharks, bone busters, wipeout, blackwater100, high speed, pinbot, motordome ect. Let me know what you have."

Come on....he has cash on hand!!!!!!!! Doesn't anybody want to get rid of their cherry, fully-working Teed Off, Escape, Streetfighter, Wipeout, or any other pin he wants for a whopping 700 smackeroos??? If anybody does plan on responding to this guy, I may throw up an ad saying that I'll up that ante and give $750 for any of those titles.

He must be an experienced collector. I emailed him just to try to help and tell him he won't find a working DMD title that he listed for $700, at least not in good condition. His response was "I have sen those games really nice and fuolly working for less then 700 before." (his spelling in last statement, not mine...but I wanted to be accurate with quoting him). I even offered him a Meteor semi-project for $450 trying to be nice (nice PF and perfect BG), and he said that game isn't worth more than $150!!! I tried explaining what backglasses alone were worth, but I gave up. He seemed utterly hopeless.

So many people on Craigslist...for their lack of grammar and a variety of other reasons, are a piece of work. So much for trying to help.

#1884 8 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Better than the ads you see where they want to buy a pinball machine and have a max budget of $1000 and then proceed to tell you that some of their desired titles would be Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, etc.

Agreed. Those people are more irritating. They should troll "craigslist - never never land".

#1911 8 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I would buy that Spider-Man all day at $200.

I second that. Even though it's a large System 80 pin, I would buy any Amazing SM all day at that price and just stack them out in my garage. Like ForceFlow said, this game is getting harder to find. Luckily, I have a really nice one already, and just sold my other one that needed a little work to a guy for his first pin. A great first pin to have in my book, even if just to stare at the awesome artwork on it.

#1912 8 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

talked to this fella as he is not far from me. I advised that he might be asking a bit too much for the game and after he did some research, he found that was an accurate statement. He said that this was his fathers machine and that his dad paid $500 for it and would take no less than $1000. Told him that still may be a bit high given the condition of the machine. He said his dad advised that if he cannot double his money he will just keep it. Oh well, I tried.

George, good effort and worth the attempt. He can certainly keep that pin for $1k.

#1913 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

A reckoning in the PDX pinball community is coming...finally...
    It has been a "pinball plague" for the last 2 months.
    Reality is not personal prejudice.
    portland.craigslist.org link

What is with the last pic? LOL. This guy totally looks like Ben, the leader of The Others on Lost.

#1954 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

At least you're not this person:

719d190a568159ed8f80f2deb5997392[1]_(resized).png

Like ForceFlow said, this is horrible, but I have to admit I was LMFAO reading it.

#1981 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

"CASH ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS."
    What if i only brought goldbars?

Not kidding. I had a guy from CL show up about 6 months ago for a Stern Dracula partially populated PF I was getting rid of for $75, and he showed up with rolls of quarters. I wanted to put them in a sock and beat him with them. LOL.

3 weeks later
    #2161 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Amazingly overpriced lol

image_(resized

My spider-sense is tingling on this one....that would be a reasonable price (maybe) if it were a HER. Not reasonable for what that one looks like. And the Stern Dracula listed earlier...you think a guy that owns a collectibles store would know to keep a pinball game out of direct sunlight...especially one depicting a vampire.

#2175 8 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Twin Win in Atl. Stupid price and needs a lot of work but had three nice rusty balls!
    The worst part is its on my wish list. Guy won't get to a reasonable price. Said a fully restored machine is worth 2500. Told him it would take more than 2500 to get it restored.
    atlanta.craigslist.org link

What a shame...not a game you come across all that often, and it looks to be in pretty decent shape. Always tough to see a game come up that you've been looking for, but unreasonably priced and it just can't happen. Just a little patina, but some like that unless you're doing a full resto including sanding/repainting. I would stick with him though and call him again in a week or two. He's never going to sell the game at that price, so he should have it for a little while, then should be willing to knock the price down.

I have to say I get tired of people selling games in mediocre to horrible condition, and then when you inquire, they tell you what a fully restored game sells for. It's like, "No shit...and you're game isn't restored." The sad - you miss out on a game you've been looking for, and these people are usually non-hobbyists who have absolutely no idea of the amount of money and time that go into a full resto, or what you have to pay someone to do it.

#2204 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I emailed this guy, asked why he's selling in 2 cities 5 hours apart:

I actually did email this guy and seriously asked if he would take $1800 to $2k + shipping costs, and he responded "You do not know pinball verie well, this game is wotrh much more then that." (his spelling)

I should have just emailed and asked if he would sell me the game if I promised to make a donation to the "Save the Clock Tower" fund. Some of these sellers don't deserve to have pins in their possession.

Biff_(resized).jpgBiff_(resized).jpg

#2206 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

"Purchased in early 90's and only played inside house."

Damn it!....I'm only looking for one that's been played strictly outside, or preferably sitting on a porch for 10 years. Moving on.

#2208 8 years ago

It was definitely worth $5k...if Doc Brown threw it in the car and took it back to Hill Valley in 1955. I've actually seen people asking quite a bit for a BTTF since the movie's anniversary last October. Still a joke for a DE game, well...at least this one.

#2213 8 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

All lessons include a sandwich made with Safeway select deli meat and a Shasta soda. You cannot have the Pepsi, that is for my step brother frank and he used to be a marine and can rip a mans throat out with his feet. So don't try it.

I've seen it so many times, but I LMFAO every time I read the ad, or the others posted in the past.

#2223 8 years ago
    Quoted from Waterpolo12:

Wow $13000 for STTNG! What a deal. "SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY THANK YOU."

Quoted from DanTheGlassMan:

Hey buddy back off i saw it first!

I think this ad is for the STTNG remake preorder, and he just used a stock photo.

Even if it were, this guy's pin would still be double the price.

1 week later
    #2308 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

And he would tell you to GTFO. Pretty simple, actually.

Hahaha...wouldn't be such a "fun house" then, would it?

#2313 8 years ago

Will upload pictures and more information soon since we're still trying to do some research on it and need to recharge the batteries for our camera.

A heavy tabletop model = it's missing it's legs. Sounds like a dream. "We're still trying to do some research" = "I didn't see one on eBay for $10,000 and now I don't know where else to look..."

And need to recharge the batteries for our camera? These days they could've done that in the time it took to type the ad, at least enough to snap a few shots. This poster is either a really old person....or a moron. Why is the ad written like they're angry about something...or just proud of a heavy duty American-built product?

CALLS ONLY...Sorry we DO NOT communicate through texting and if no answer, please leave a message and we will call you back asap ) "

And they don't communicate via text...but they know to use emoji's and smiley faces using characters? I absolutely have to see a pic of this game!!

#2314 8 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Not sure if this has been posted here, but here ya go, LOL.
    That CL ad should narrow the title down oh - to what - several thousand?
    (Maybe teh description of 'hard wood with a veneer' should help!).

wheeling.craigslist.org link

And going back, the ad has been up for over a month. They must have a really slow charger, on top of superb research skills.

#2328 8 years ago

I emailed them. Not kidding. They want $1900 for the Spanish Eyes. As a courtesy, I sent them a picture of the 2015 Mr. Pinball price guide showing them the game isn't worth more than $450. I couldn't stop laughing that they listed the SE for more than the Fire. Some people on CL are too much.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2330 8 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link
    Doozie, fully restored? Only $3700!!!

Screenshot_2016-02-14-12-14-16_(resized).png

I won't waste the time...but I so badly would love to email this guy and point out not only his ridiculously exorbitant price, but all the misstatements in his ad. "Electrode Magnet game", "made a temple of all graphics", there are way too many to bother retyping. And it's fully restored but has old yellow rubbers on it?

#2339 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

So what would be a fair price. He's about an hour away from me

I've come across quite a few Spirit of 76 pins...ranging from $350 to $750. And they were in very good condition. The fact remains, as stated, they made a boatload of those games so they are all over the place.

#2345 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

This BK2000 pin has been relisted over and over again. I think I first saw it listed for around $275, and it has been steadily dropping in price to where it sits at $165 at the moment.
    Get it while it's hot!

I think that thing is actually pretty cool!!! I haven't seen them around that often either.

Quoted from o-din:

That one looks home use only.

Less than 49,999 plays!!! I think I'd rather have this than some of the home use models of real pins that are out there.

#2378 8 years ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

I picked up a jack in the box yesterday. "Barn find". It was outside in guys driveway. First thing I asked, "has this been outside in the rain"? Yes, but its been covered the whole time in plastic. Never mind last week was freezing temps. He knew nothing about pins much less ems. But said he did see one on ebay for $800. I had to point out it was FULL of mouse droppings. No key, coin door permantly open, rusted. Back of head held on with a large bolt through side brackets. I opened up the backbox, mouse condo heaven. Playfield full of mouse piss. Under playfield, more mouse crap and stuff for bedding. He didn't know head came off. From $800, down to $200. Still paid too much, but thought it would be interesting to try and clean. Back glass and plastics seemed ok. Need hazmat suit to give initial cleaning. All parts seem to be there. Plug almost came apart in my hand, so not plugging in until I've replaced it. Some type of epoxy applied to 1/2 the bottom. Maybe to keep it together from rot.
    "I saw one on ebay for $800" Good Lord

Was this the one listed on eBay for $300, I think in north NJ? That one looked like a mess, but I was contemplating grabbing it. Definitely looked like there was something going on between the glass and the PF...ie. a home for several woodland creatures.

1 week later
    #2426 8 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

How many MIB big bang bars exist?

I would say 3, if that. Out of 14 produced, can't be many. I made keychains for 4 of them that are open and being played.

2 months later
    #2734 7 years ago
    Quoted from SLeRiC:

lol I think you geeked out on him with all the questions for sure! There's no reason someone can't snap more pics for a possible buyer. Craigslist allows about 24 pictures per ad. Hmmm wonder why, sellers?

With an ad like that, I don't think there's anything wrong with tossing him a few questions. Even though there were quite a few, they are certainly reasonable and could all be answered within 5 minutes with a return call after receiving the texts. Judging from the brevity of the seller's texts back to Bos98, the seller seems like an ass. Unfortunately CL is filled with them.

10 months later
    #3888 7 years ago

This one is so odd. Touch a pecker for an HH?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#3898 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Not really funny, just wanted to see if its just me or does the LED lighting on this game look awful?

I think he could have used a little more blue....

#3953 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Actually, it says $100 or "OBO" - that's not that bad for parts - really, the lockdown bar appears ok, that's $30-40 worth right there. No doubt there's quite a few odds & ends that are salvageable. I would offer the guy $25~30 for it.

I just texted him to get the lockdown bar, figuring I'd at least save that and could probably use it for my Olympics. He said he already sold it. Bummer. Someone else here got the same idea from your post. Who has it????

3 months later
    #4393 6 years ago

Letgo good to go here? I really wonder if this guy is a Pinsider. I just asked him if he was willing to compromise on price on either of these, and he told me to go to eBay, insulted me ( because I'm the one with severely overpriced games listed) and then blocked me. I sent him one message asking about price. Every game he has listed is $3000, no matter what the title. What an ass.

IMG_1209 (resized).PNGIMG_1209 (resized).PNG

IMG_1207 (resized).PNGIMG_1207 (resized).PNG

IMG_1208 (resized).PNGIMG_1208 (resized).PNG

#4412 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmieczko:

Probably, but I can't look at the pictures anymore - it hurts my eyes.

Yeah, that color is loud. And the miniature pin with the cheesy band stage in the glass is a nice touch. (not really) And to top it off, they used the smallest LCD they could find.

#4415 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rackleye:

Gotta have respect for someone who decides they want something and builds it themselves (skills be damned). Not sure I'd accept it as payment for work done and I think it's probably not in the cards to get $800, but best of luck to them.

Definitely props for anybody that builds anything in this hobby, especially from scratch. Just some weird choices given the amount of effort and time that went into building that game. Especially odd choice for a donor game. But I definitely give them credit, and I would probably pay 250 for it just to have it.

#4417 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Strange choice to have the monitor horizontal instead of vertical.

Yeah, just looks like you'd be squinting and have to lean down to play any table on it. For the size of the donor, I think they could easily squeeze a 27" in there vertically, at minimum. Then put the 19" up in the aquarium as the backglass / translite monitor. That's actually a good idea...I'm gonna send him a message asking if he is firm on price. I would change it drastically, but cool to have and shove in a corner.

#4428 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Hmmm machine built in 1978 Elvis died in 1977

LMAO. They just should have said it was actually Elvis's game, and "still has the donut jelly all over the flipper buttons!"

#4440 6 years ago
    Quoted from DangerSem:

If anyone missed out on the Hi-Lo Ace that was for sale on Pinside last week for $375, no worries. It's being flipped on Craigslist for only another $320 more!

That disappointing...it was mine. Not hard for me to decipher given that it still has my custom keychain on the coin door in his pic. He said he wanted it for himself. And he's a Pinsider, probably why it's not listed here.

#4446 6 years ago

I could really care less, so no need to make a big deal about it. My only issue is when someone haggles with you over a price...then you compromise even further because it's a game "they really want"...then they turn around and list it two days later for double that price, that is kind of irritating. Especially when they were already getting a good price on the game as it was. And that is exactly what leads to pinflation and lower level games being ridiculously priced.

But Geist is right. Once it is their game, they can do whatever they want with it. Doesn't mean I have to like what they do with it.

#4454 6 years ago

See my post above #4446.

I agree with most of what you said, and said not to make a big deal about it. I paid $500 for the HLA, and lost $125 selling it. Oh well. What I don't like is when someone lies to your face to flip a game. I am as honest as I can be in this hobby, and have had nearly all good dealings with people. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't bullshit right to someone's face. And I've went out there and found plenty of games "in the rough" myself.

And for me it's more this reality: I had two other buyers interested that collected EM's and really wanted it (who I know would have held onto it). This guy responded before them, so rightfully, I gave him first dibs. He said he really wanted this particular game also. He listed it two days later after putting a few rubbers on it, touching up the cabinet (badly) and putting a new ball in the trough (which I love when people include that in their listing, as if putting a new ball in a game is some major event, repair or expensive). Besides that I had already given him a brand new ball when he picked it up.

I would have rather the game went to one of the other two guys who I know were actually looking for this title and would have kept it in their collection, at least for some amount of time. A good home. Now if they want to buy it, they have to pay way more for it, and they would have to deal with this fella.

It's not the money for me. That part is just an irritating addition. It's the fact that I would rather people have games that want them, then some schmo that could care less about what game he has, barely does anything to it just to make a buck, and then unnecessarily increases the supposed value of the game for the next time it's resold. It's a dangerously cyclical thing that affects the well-being and affordability of games in this hobby.

I just sold a Star Action a week or so ago for $160 just to hook someone up. And I spent a few hours on it getting it to work, LEDs, shopping. And still sold it for that price. Wanted the game to be in circulation instead of storage. I lost money on that too, but I made someone very happy. That brings me joy. If scamming people, lying, price gouging and eventually making the hobby unaffordable for some new pinheads is someone else's thing, I will never like that or be an enabler of that behavior.

TAF, TZ, AFM, even BSD and other DMD's and alphanums...prices vary and that's understandable. If flippers make every EM worth $800 to $2k, this hobby could lose some good people and supporters who can't afford more than a $400 or $500 game at a time. And either way, that's a loss.

#4457 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

My gripe is with the folks (some who have probably NEVER gone out searching for games on their own) who bitch about someone making a profit on a game for ANY reason. Way before e-bay and Craigslist came along, I used to pay 300 bucks a month for a 'Pinballs Wanted' ad in the local paper. Some of you have no idea what it costs to track this stuff down.

Definitely. I've made a profit on some games...more than some over 8 years of collecting. Just haven't been on Pinside all that long. But the games I've made money on...ie. finding a Williams Flash for $200, fixed it up, and sold it for $500 or $600. What the game is actually worth. Or you find a great deal on an alphanum or DMD, and sell it for a decent price. That is a different story.

#4458 6 years ago

Now that we've dealt with that hiccup....back to the ads.

Anybody want an Olympics? I called and asked if they would accept a lower price, and they actually said this was as cheap as they could go and they "were told by a friend in pinball to list it for almost double what they did."

southjersey.craigslist.org link

#4461 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Four line ad in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. And that was in the 80's and 90's. No idea what it costs now. Not many people advertise there anymore. "PINBALL MACHINES WANTED. ANY AGE, ANY CONDITION. HIGHEST PRICES PAID. Plus phone number. Always paid for itself.
    Ah, the good old days.

Nowadays you check CL and there's 40 ads with that language.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

That game has been listed with the same photos for about a year now, I think.

A year? Seriously? I have a project Olympics in my garage, and the reimport with the plexi backglass. I've contemplated giving it away because I haven't had time to even touch it in nearly two years.

#4468 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

A bit overpriced, I think.

Hahaha...looks like they actually LED'd that thing.

#4474 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

So let them know who now has it what he gave for it and maybe they can pick it up for just a few more bucks? If the buyer is seeing this maybe he will let if go for say a $50 profit? Probably not since it sounds like he bought as a flip but maybe? It wouldn't bother me to say I know you got that game from colsond3 for $x and I will give you $Z for it.

Funny you say that. I told them both exactly that yesterday.

#4492 6 years ago

There's more than 3 things wrong with that ad...

#4500 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Semi related: Fun antique store but Sinbad was $1500 and didn't run. Paul Bunyan was $1150. I stopped asking prices after that.

How much was the pig?

I'm sure the playfield glass on Sinbad didn't have any scratches from the chandelier or whatever the hell that is thrown on top of it.

#4502 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like there's a giant piece of thick cardboard under it.

Too perfectly rounded or cut...I think that's the wooden base of whatever it is.

#4503 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Semi related: Fun antique store but Sinbad was $1500 and didn't run. Paul Bunyan was $1150. I stopped asking prices after that.

Rascal, you didn't get a price on that Sorcerer tucked in the corner???

#4517 6 years ago
    Quoted from flakeloaf:

Plot twist: It's a guy who throws pinball machines in the air and catches them.

LMFAO. Come on....I juggle pinball machine wires all the time.

#4527 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

Here's a good example of a God of War backglass:
    ebay.com link » Gottlieb Mars God Of War Pinball Machine Backglass
    As the seller says, it's a HECK of a lot better than *no* backglass! Am I right?

Hello?
    Hundred bucks?

Quoted from dmieczko:

Plus $69 to ship! Wow!

"Far from a perfect mint glass..." I don't think it could get any further.

#4540 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

weird how both games were missing the animation.

That is odd. Parts probably tough to find too.

#4554 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You can't find an early SS game in nice shape for $1500 or under? WTF? I sold several SS games for $700 not to long ago. Hell, I have a nice rare Thunderbolt i'd sell for $800. Nice playfield, near mint backglass.

The Allied Leisure game? I'll take it.

#4577 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Not one but two broken zizzle pinball machines.

Sadly, I'd probably take them if he threw in the Brunswick Aspen he also has standing up to the side. I had one of those a few years back that I totally refurbished for my daughter and she loved it.

And what the hell did he do with the power supplies from the games? Did he need parts that bad for an actual pin?

#4602 6 years ago

Royal Flush is an awesome game

1 week later
    #4647 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bugsy:

In the Xenon posting he says, "Just to be clear I have almost 5000.00 in this machine!" Now that is the real tragedy. You will never make that money back on that game.

Xenon fully restored can definitely go for quite a bit, when done right. What I don't get is why you would put "I have almost $5,000 in this machine", right under his asking price of $6,800. We all know most, if not all of the labor, you never get back out of a game. He should have just put that he has $6800 into the game, which really doesn't make a difference at that point.

#4650 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

visalia.craigslist.org link
    Score reel stuck because of a really high score!

LMFAO. Then he'd better only sell to people that aren't good shooters. Don't want that problem happening all the time. And faded BG, and it looks like the cabinet has been unprofessionally repainted. What a shame.

#4654 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Someone killed a Skill Pool!?

I know...what an absolute waste. And it looks like it was in pretty good condition too. You can find legs...maybe they still have the head stashed somewhere as an end table.

#4666 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

I wonder if the scoop was throwing the ball straight down the middle and this was somebody's idea on how to circumvent the problem rather than fix it properly...

I wonder if the seller actually thinks he's a decent player after installing and having the benefit of that "mod".

#4699 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

Fletch?

#4716 6 years ago

Not CL, but another site and just as laughable. Don't even think about looking for this, I already sent a message.

IMG_2102 (resized).PNGIMG_2102 (resized).PNG

1 week later
    #4756 6 years ago

Given that it's Brentwood, it's a machine that tells you how to get away with murder...OJ style. That could be worth half a mil to some people.

#4771 6 years ago

Is he kidding even listing that board for sale? Non-working...you think?

Quoted from pinostalgia:

joking aside,is that a good price for a genesis?

It's a little high, unless it is in absolute mint condition. You can usually snag a Genesis for $600 to $1100 tops.

3 weeks later
    #4845 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

newjersey.craigslist.org link
    I think it was a Night Rider at one time.

WTF? I don't understand what the hell that is. Even used for advertising without the backbox? And what kind of retheme is that? I have a feeling he grabbed it out of the trash.

#4849 6 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Worth it.
    Nice looking coin door & door surround trim, lock bar, & the inside of the cabinet probably has lot of good usable parts in there.

When you look at the coin door in the ad, it's actually pretty dinged up and bent in between the coin return chute and the bottom of the diamond.

I just offered him 100. I might retheme it if I can find a backbox.

#4852 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

Who knows...The original might look half way decent under the vinyl?

It might, depending what type of adhesive he used. The apron might be OK too.

#4875 6 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

Check out that custom backglass

Quoted from DropTarget:

like an ugly baby, someone was once proud of that. I'd like to see the cabinet art.

Haha. They shouldn't be...what a shame. Jumping Jack has an awesome backglass, and what they did is atrocious.

1 week later
    #4901 6 years ago

Letgo and OfferUp are pretty bad, and just seem hit or miss. Sometimes I don't get any response at all even when I simply ask if the game is still available. Then again, I have gotten some really good deals off of both.

I have a pretty nice Road Kings I've offered up on here for 700 bucks, and still have it. A few small issues and some minor wear on the PF, but it also has a brand new legs and Pinscore displays. I even said I would go 675 if another Pinsider wanted it. Surprised. Not sure I even want to list it anywhere else, let alone in those two apps.

IMG_2687 (resized).JPGIMG_2687 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2688 (resized).JPGIMG_2688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2691 (resized).JPGIMG_2691 (resized).JPG

#4907 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Or my favorite response can I take it and then make payments
    NO

I can honestly say I've never been asked by an anonymous person if I would accept payments. Some other fellow pinballers yes. Never a stranger.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

My response to the will you take payments question is always yes. One payment. In cash when you pick it up.

LMFAO

#4910 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

While not a Craigslist I think this deserves an honorary plug.

Where's the upper playfield?

JK. I've actually seen those toys quite often. I think uninformed owners do a quick search, see what a real BK is worth or that one exists, and post some ridiculous price because they think that is what they have. If only they hit IPDB first. I actually do know somebody that has one of those...and they paid about $200 for it.

#4914 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

framing can cost $100-125

It was his "framed right out of the factory" comment that had me stumped (well, aside from the ridiculous price). That frame looks much newer than 1979.

2 weeks later
    #4964 6 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Saw this one today...I think they have one too many zeroes.
    greenbay.craigslist.org link
    Dave

Looks like it has the chrome package.

As far as Demo Derby's go, that one looks like it actually is in really nice shape. Probably worth at least $75 or $100. So he's only "a little" off.

#4972 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

For those who dont have their glasses on....

Whats more disturbing...the naked guy or the spiderman?

WTF? What's more disturbing is if there's actually a person in that Spiderman costume standing there next to him.

Spidey's pose definitely implies they were knocking back a few brews and hitting some multi-ball, then shirtless Jack steps to the side and said "yo bro, I got to get a pic of the game so I can post it on CL." Spidey is standing there saying "what the hell dude?"

Just odd. People never cease to surprise me.

#4977 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I was thinking it was a manikin in a Spider Man costume. Game rooms tend to be collections of movie and other memorabilia. Seen rooms with Darth Vader, Boba Fett, stormtroopers, etc.

Yeah, I've seen a ton of that stuff over the years, was just hinting at a different scenario. It most likely is a manikin. Just would be so much weirder if it was someone standing there in the Spidey suit.

#4982 6 years ago

That is too funny. Is it a joke?

#4991 6 years ago

Bally Captain Fantastic Home model, $849:
    ebay.com link » Vintage Bally Elton John Captain Fantastic The Brown Dirt Cowboy Pinball Machine
    "This Awesome vintage Pinball Machine, made by “Bally”, came from an estate sell so little is known. We are not experts, so please view ALL photos closely. When plugged in some lights on top work, and some on the bottom. It appears that it will need a new circuit board as there is no sound. There is some power when tested with multimeter. Has 1 silver ball. All bumpers and flippers work. It measures approximately 48”- long, 60”-tall, and 25”- wide at the widest point. Please feel free to ask any questions, and we will happily answer them the best that we can."

I saw one of those sitting on CL last year for a while, and thought what the hell and picked it up…I think I paid 75 or 100 bucks.

IMG_0741 (resized).JPGIMG_0741 (resized).JPG

IMG_0751 (resized).JPGIMG_0751 (resized).JPG

#4995 6 years ago

Yours for the most part looks better than the one in the ad I posted.

Yeah, it's pretty decent. I patched the backbox and reinforced it with brackets. Issue with the power supply, but not a bad little game for the price I paid. And it has an actual screened backglass in it. Never knew that. Really, this one and Fireball are the only two smaller home use games worth owning, at least in my opinion.

Laughably to some, I also have a Wico Big Top I picked up for $30 years ago at a yard sale, looks like it had been in a creek. Totally restored it for my daughter back then.

Sorry to momentarily derail...back to the laughs.

IMG_4087 (resized).JPGIMG_4087 (resized).JPG

IMG_4088 (resized).JPGIMG_4088 (resized).JPG

IMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1714 (resized).JPG

#5025 6 years ago

Anybody want a cheap Super Star? Killer game for this price.

IMG_3277 (resized).PNGIMG_3277 (resized).PNG

#5027 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Anybody want a cheap Super Star? Killer game for this price.

Letgo is becoming a waste of time app in my mind. I messaged him to buy it for my daughter and offered $50, which is reasonable. So he thinks buying a game for my daughter is a lie, or the douchiest comment ever? What an ass, so I responded.

IMG_3278 (resized).PNGIMG_3278 (resized).PNG

#5031 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can't say I've had much luck with letgo either. I either get no response or a weird response, so my success rate has been a giant goose egg so far.
    I also tried listing an item once, but all I got was bot spam.

When the app first came out, I was able to grab a Pharaoh for a decent price. Thought the app was great that night. I sold one game through there, and the guy tried lowballing me when he showed up.

I've sent messages about a ton of games I seen on there over the last year or so, and it just seems that people never respond. Then why even bother listing it? It definitely seems like there's a lot more flaky people on there than CL, at least those people respond usually.

#5037 6 years ago

That is a deal for that game that you will only see once in a lifetime.

I got one off Letgo for a very, very good price last year, and I thought that was great. $50 is just ridiculous. How's the backglass?

#5053 6 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Not craigslist but still WTF?
    ebay.com link » Batman 66 Super Limited E Pinball Machine 2017 Rare 1 Of 1

What the hell is that ad? The description is just ridiculous. Why would you even take the time to type that out? Sounds like a troll.

#5061 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

"must unload ASAP."
    "unload" is a word that people should stay away from in ads.
    The last time I heard that? I was in a bar parking lot years ago being motioned to a trunk...."Psssst...Come here. You want to buy any of this stuff? I have to unload it ASAP!!!"

I bought a set of speakers off somebody in a parking lot the very same way when I was younger. Apparently they had "fallen off the truck."

Quoted from n1teowl:

His loss is our incredible find...
    seattle.craigslist.org link

His value is obviously way off, and I don't see where he spent "thousands" in restoration, but the game actually does look pretty nice.

#5090 6 years ago

I get people "mispricing" games on CL, Letgo and elsewhere, but it's the attitude you get when you try to help them out that really irritates me. If I was selling something, and somebody chimed in with information I didn't know or have, I would be appreciative. Not an asshole back with sny remarks.

#5101 6 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Here's another example:
    kansascity.craigslist.org link
    This has been listed for years at the same price. A local collector got to know the seller and offered good advice about the value. Made no difference. It is relisted every few weeks for $3950.

What I don't get is some of these sellers have other pins in the background, so they are obviously a collector or some type of hobbyist, and should have some idea of actual value.

And people wonder why these things are so expensive. I just sold my pretty nice Bally Kiss to another Pinsider a month or so ago for 800 bucks. It's what I paid for it, and I could've easily thrown it up there for 1500 or so and contribute to pinflation, but decided to pass along the good deal I had gotten. Too many people just want to make a buck anymore. I even gave away a GTB Olympics for free a few weeks ago.

Like Force said, when you try to help people with literature and price guides to back it up and they still don't heed, that's just plain ignorant. But the world is what it is these days. We can all admit there are good people in this hobby, and other "not so good" people.

Quoted from LTG:

Unless you thought they were trying to scam you or get you to take a lot less. People too often do their homework after the fact, or from wrong sources.
    LTG : )

Agreed Lloyd. I do always offer a reasonable amount. If they don't want to take that, they can stare at the game sitting in the middle of their living room for another two years.

And if someone offered me advice, there is still a pleasant way of saying "thank you, I've done some research." Maybe ask why the number I came to was different than what they are telling me. Actually learn something.

#5107 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

That's why I have a piece of paper in each of mine with a little history including approximate purchase date,price I paid,upgrades,repairs and a current estimated value.update your lists when you change your batteries.if something happened to me at least my wife would have a decent estimate if she decided to sell.

Mine has the number of a personal friend who knows values pretty well. He would have to assist in the event of a Departure.

1 week later
    #5136 6 years ago

Zizzle's version of 10k by Christmas. But it is very rare...and did they really LED that thing?

IMG_3754 (resized).PNGIMG_3754 (resized).PNG

#5137 6 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

Fight the resistance! FU scammers I fight back lol
    fresno.craigslist.org link

Getting the same thing out here on the East Coast.

york.craigslist.org link

IMG_3755 (resized).PNGIMG_3755 (resized).PNG

#5145 6 years ago

Do they even still make VCRs?

#5153 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

fresno.craigslist.org link
    This has got to be a joke..

No way...the home use version is worth at least $2500 any day of the week.

#5170 6 years ago

Minstrel Man is actually a machine you don't see very often, somewhat rare. Plus the artwork and the time period it was made in make it somewhat desirable. I had a chance to grab one a year or two ago, and should have. Could've gotten it for a good price.

#5184 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Sorry if this is a repost, but it was to insane not to post here. Love his description that sounds like he obviously doesn't have his priorities in order life wise. Pinball should never trump family and it looks like they will have to do without this "necessity" for quite sometime until he gets a much needed reality check.
    ebay.com link » Stern The Simpsons Pinball Party Collector Classic Arcade Pinball Machine

Yeah, I hope the family necessity is not an emergency. Because this game is going to sit for a while.

#5189 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

What a great touch up hahahaha.

What touch up?

That's horrible. Just should've gotten the decal instead of ruining it like that. My buddy just did his with one and it looks pretty damn good.

#5191 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

looks like a Niftyled touch up!

Hahaha...I thought about that, but didn't go there. Glad someone else did. I had a more inconspic in mind like "what a nifty touch up".

#5194 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Of course no pics.

I know, right? If you're listing something for $20, who cares. When you're listing something for $7000? Better post pics. Have a happy and safe New Year's bud.

#5199 6 years ago

IMG_4467 (resized).PNGIMG_4467 (resized).PNG

#5215 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinPlayer2:

OMG.... I've got tears in my eyes... too funny!

De nice....that was hilarious. Thanks, I needed a laugh.

#5228 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

One more! For the price, you'd think it'd come with flipper rubber.

Come on Max....see Post 5199

#5243 6 years ago

Nice machine... dude is crazy to think he will get over 5k for a Stern playboy... but it does come with eye candy lol
    sfbay.craigslist.org link

Pretty funny this guy lists machines often... always in the kitchen lol... and waaaay high on price

Yeah, I've seen quite a few of his ads in the last 2 years or so. He's a retailer of sorts and I think I heard he's a flipper but doesn't have a voluminous amount of games. Games in the kitchen is odd, unless you're pin-theming your house and it's a Diner.

#5250 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

This one was just $200 yesterday. Must have gotten a lot of interest so over doubles the price.

Yeah Buzz, I walk away from sales like that frequently. I've never raised the price after listing a game. Doing so is disingenuous and ridiculous. If you were good enough with the first price, don't try to raise it and gold dig.

Not into bidding wars anymore either. Love it when people now email you back after you agree to the original price and say "I just got an offer of $XX, (which is above what they listed the game for). They want to come today. What is your offer?"

There's always another one at some point. Well, usually.

#5252 6 years ago

Special Force. Bally Midway game.

#5257 6 years ago

I just missed out on a nice Space Invaders on here from a great Pinsider. Still want one now so I figured I'd look around. Definitely not paying this much for one.

Whether grossly unreasonable or not, I would love to know where people come up with these prices.

IMG_4610 (resized).PNGIMG_4610 (resized).PNG

1 month later
    #5345 6 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Looks like for someone in a wheelchair. Pretty impressive IMO, lot of work done so someone could play pinball.

My father was in a wheelchair my entire life, paralyzed from the waist down from a motorcycle accident when I was only 2, until he unfortunately passed away in 1999.

I think this conversion is nothing less than awesome, if it enabled someone or several people that were handicapped to enjoy the lure of the silver ball. A lot of ingenuity and design went into converting this game, and it would be stellar to be able to save it.

I just sent the guy a message asking if he would be willing to work with me on price if I could get it running and continue using it for its intended purpose. Perhaps take it to various hospitals and leave it there for a period of time so it can continue to be enjoyed by patients, or those that are not able to play a standard game.

Hopefully I hear back.

#5346 6 years ago

And then you click on this little guy. Does the seller realize that you can get all new shiny bolts and washers at Lowes for $2 or $3?

IMG_5172 (resized).JPGIMG_5172 (resized).JPG

#5351 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

How would we know if they actually screw in properly?

The same guy has the cabinet ripped apart in four pieces and is selling them individually as "art". Who the hell would buy that?

And that is pure rhetoric, as obviously some people in the world have questionable intelligence, taste and/or motives.

#5353 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

My father was in a wheelchair my entire life, paralyzed from the waist down from a motorcycle accident when I was only 2, until he unfortunately passed away in 1999.
    I think this conversion is nothing less than awesome, if it enabled someone or several people that were handicapped to enjoy the lure of the silver ball. A lot of ingenuity and design went into converting this game, and it would be stellar to be able to save it.
    I just sent the guy a message asking if he would be willing to work with me on price if I could get it running and continue using it for its intended purpose. Perhaps take it to various hospitals and leave it there for a period of time so it can continue to be enjoyed by patients, or those that are not able to play a standard game.
    Hopefully I hear back.

Wow! What an unfriendly seller/person. And they don't use proper English, which really gets on my nerves. I had one typo, but his last message barely makes sense.

At this point, I'm not extraordinarily optimistic. Obviously you have to read each message starting at the bottom.

A real shame that a game with a history like this ends up in the hands of somebody like this. From the other items he sells, seems like he might be someone that buys abandoned storage units.

IMG_5174 (resized).PNGIMG_5174 (resized).PNG
    IMG_5173 (resized).PNGIMG_5173 (resized).PNG

#5359 6 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Wow, what a jerk. Not only is $1000 a very fair offer, it's for a great cause. The seller also obviously has no personal attachment to the machine, so why wouldn't he want to sell it. Some people man....

My thoughts exactly. Doesn't sound like the word philanthropy is in his vocabulary. Well, apparently matter isn't either. Like I said, just a shame this is the guy that stumbled upon such a unique game.

#5368 6 years ago

The guy is probably on his storage forum complaining that a pinball jerk is lowballing him on it.

It’s just funny to hear pinsiders disparage others who are not as enlightened as they are.

A pinball jerk? I am far from that Jack. This is far from even a $2000 game given the manipulations that have been done to it, the fact that it's not working and obviously has cosmetic damage. I don't care what Pinside says. You can buy this game all day for 1800 - 2000 bucks in fair condition.

I am more enlightened than he is. I have been in the hobby for nine years, and know much more about what games are worth, and what they need to be repaired than this schmuck does. Notwithstanding, when you run a business, you don't speak with customers or potential customers that way.

And I can pick apart grammar as much as I want. If you're going to be sarcastic with somebody, and try to be snippy, at least do it with proper words and composition. Doing anything less just makes that person look like a moron.

Check the threads. I've given pins away for free for lesser causes. For what it is, the price I offered him is more than reasonable period.

#5388 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Price is dropping, and an interesting read.

What a shame. Great game. Hopefully the price drops to something much more reasonable.

#5392 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Price dropped again. from 5,500.00 to 3,500.00 now 1750.00
    I may have to post to nice em's on CL thread soon.

He's starting to get an idea about what the game is really worth.

#5395 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Hey, he's got an offer of $900, let the bidding begin!

As I said before, I stay away from the ads that turn into bidding wars anymore. Not worth the time. And whoever stopped by to fix his game planted $1500 in his head, so I don't see him going much below that. I guess if someone really wants it…

#5397 6 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Agreed, total waste of time and gas. Auctions were great 10+ years ago. Guys were practically giving machines away so that they wouldn't have to drag them back onto the trucks.

Yeah, those days are long gone.

#5405 6 years ago

"She's got legs....and knows how to use them..." Oh wait.

2 weeks later
    #5443 6 years ago

Poor guy. This thing has been on craigslist for almost 2 years, or maybe even more than two years. I almost want to buy it just so I don't have to look at the ad anymore.

IMG_5670 (resized).PNGIMG_5670 (resized).PNG

#5451 6 years ago
    Quoted from rockeeraccoon:

Cosplay! minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Quoted from harrisrwe:

When finding a furry date and selling your pinball machine needs to happen in a single day!

WTH? Bonus points for creativity though.

#5458 6 years ago
    Quoted from Higloss67:

Is this a joke?
    denver.craigslist.org link

It doesn't appear to be.

1 month later
    #5608 5 years ago

With two sets of flippers, it has a better layout than some full-size games.

2 weeks later
    #5632 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's a known type of scam listing.
    The tip off is the $300 price and the jumbled gmail address with no actual contact info to reply through Craigslist itself.

So don’t email them?

#5641 5 years ago

If I see one more of these friggin things on CL...

7BE9C57A-C3BE-4927-9BC3-AAB84CC608B7 (resized).png7BE9C57A-C3BE-4927-9BC3-AAB84CC608B7 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #5651 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

How is this over a grand with 21 bids? I gave one away for free!
    ebay.com link

Because it was LED’d. Haha. No friggin way. I gave away a Marvel one, but should’ve kept it for my daughter. You rarely see them go for more than $150.

And it was relisted, so something scammy has to be going on with it.

F4757BC8-643D-4BDB-88BA-13AD8F6320C7 (resized).pngF4757BC8-643D-4BDB-88BA-13AD8F6320C7 (resized).png
    #5653 5 years ago

If his kid died, he could really just want to get rid of it, and he could be elderly. What kind of town is Huntington Park?

#5656 5 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

If you really think that's a legit ad, I have a bridge to sell you.

Bridge rectifier? I need one for my Superman.

Quoted from bicyclenut:

So I guess i got scammed. Now I will be flooded with telemarketing calls or maybe the IRS will be after me.

Or maybe because you gave the right answer and tried to do the right thing, John Quinones from What Would You Do will show up at your door with a free TZ for you. #glasshalffull

2 weeks later
    #5677 5 years ago

That is friggin weird. Someone overpaid a bit. And I love woodrail games that come with metal legs. Coin door looks nice.

2 months later
    #5872 5 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

I gave this it's own thread, but no one's biting. $2 Million USD ask for a Royal Flush converted into a beer brand theme. [quoted image]

Quoted from darcangeloel:

2 Million for any pin would never make sense unless perhaps it was made of gold or something I feel like the conversion isn't even that good hahaha.

What are you talking about? I always let my cat lay on top of my high end $2 million pins. Wait...no pin is worth $2 mil and I don’t own any cats. Nevermind.

#5873 5 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Very sad. I just painted mine a few weeks ago, wickedly fun game.

I gotta say, it’s awesome to see you back around Gary...and that repaint looks sweet.

#5879 5 years ago
    36CDB114-5C1C-4061-BD6A-982C71DC6DEE (resized).png36CDB114-5C1C-4061-BD6A-982C71DC6DEE (resized).png
    2 months later
    #6020 5 years ago

I’ve actually showed up to quite a few houses where they said nonworking and I noticed connectors off. In the old days, I would reconnect them and show them that it worked. But then they would try to up the price. These days, that’s a load and go situation.

#6028 5 years ago

WTF? Guy just responded to one of my emails. What the hell is all the stuff about Blue Jays under his sign off? Odd. Even if he does get back to me, I don’t think I’ll be picking that game up.
    E8D4685F-FF85-42DD-AC41-32E2F284F99C (resized).pngE8D4685F-FF85-42DD-AC41-32E2F284F99C (resized).png

6 months later
    #6397 4 years ago

Should I add it to my cart? Only $1 million.

D0E56820-519D-49A7-9EC8-2299BD898CB0 (resized).pngD0E56820-519D-49A7-9EC8-2299BD898CB0 (resized).png
    #6399 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I love it. Battery is at four percent. You know the screen went dark already. Low battery warning keeps flashing. Maybe I should charge my phone, nope gotta check some pinball stuff first.

Haha... I was jacked into a charger. Lightning bolt to the side of the battery indicator.

Had to post that when I saw it. Couldn’t believe the price. That can’t be accurate right? I know the platinums are going for quite a bit, but $1 mill on Marco?

1 year later
    #7717 3 years ago

Is it me or is half the PF GI out in each game? The cab on Taxi looks great! Should sell quick.

1 week later
    #7731 3 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Not CL, but FB
    anyone interested in a Captain Fantastic bg?

I saw that. He has it on eBay too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.