(Topic ID: 99830)

More Craigslist laughs.

By wayout440

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9321 (resized).png
    image_2024-03-14_213052593.png
    image_2024-03-14_192715726.png
    image_2024-03-14_192145689.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 9 years ago

dayton.craigslist.org link

Haha. Also needs "minor" tech work. Looks like a great deal to me!

#140 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kugelhagelfisch:

" target="_blank">dayton.craigslist.org link
    Link repair.

#146 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I figured that out after my post...I wonder what he would say if someone contacted him to say they were interested in the Bad Girls pin...

I contacted him to tell him his price was retarded (I too failed to read the whole post haha).

2 weeks later
    #179 9 years ago

Is there any playfield art left on this thing? haha. But it is 36 years old, so How could you expect the playfield to be in better condition? My 44 year old EM is NIB condition compared to this thing.

4 weeks later
    #240 9 years ago

tried. Couldn't do it.

#254 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

This one is a bit more: " target="_blank">philadelphia.craigslist.org link

I'd give him 1k for that. I like that game. I think it gets a bad wrap.

1 month later
    #500 9 years ago

wow. I will never sell my Big Game, but if someone offered me 2,200 I might have to take it.

ebay.com link: like

#502 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

" target="_blank">newjersey.craigslist.org link

hahahahaha...no.

haha. I offered him $24,000.

#508 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I sent an inquiry just for the heck of it to see what this guy had. No response yet.
    I'm guessing it's just a common game in poor shape, and the fellow is drastically overestimating it because it's "old".

Even though the price is firm, he will take 24k in case anyone is interested. Haha

#512 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

As if I don't have better ways to spend my time ... here' my reply:
    (seller's name is Harry)
    Thank you Harry.
    I believe you might be overpricing it quite a bit. I’m not trying to be disresepectful, I know pinball machines very well. Gottlieb’s are wonderful pinball machines; some of the best made. Unfortunately they just don’t command the amount you are asking. If it was new, in-box, never plugged in, then you might be able to fetch five or six thousand. Once unboxed and played (home-use only, and kept in climate-control, out of the sun to prevent fading), then you’re down to three to four thousand. And if it was ever placed in an arcade where it is left powered on all day and played thousands of times over the course of its life, then all bets are off - you’re looking at $300-$1200 depending on how badly it’s worn and faded.
    Best regards on a sale. You’re local to me, and I’m quite passionate about the hobby - so please forgive the unsolicited advice.
    =================
    Yes, I refrained from crying foul and insulting the guy. I think I'll get out of my cave now and enjoy the day elsewhere ... need to forget how much of a weiner this hobby has made of me.

I cannot wait to hear his response. Hopefully all hell doesn't break loose. I actually sent a similar response to someone on CL a while back and they cut their price in half the next day.

#515 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I did the same to a guy in Franklin Lakes with a Flash maybe two weeks ago. He had a meltdown. I responded with a sincere but pointed response. Something to the tone of listing an ad "Serious buyers only" but posting crappy photos and detail, along with an unrealistic price. He replied with a sort of recant and 'thank you', then lowered his price the next day. Still too high, but hey - a good pinball deed done.

Yeah I mean, you say serious offers only, yet your post is anything but serious with horrible photos, or no photos, and a laughable price.

#541 9 years ago
    Quoted from kennyp2112:

"How many of your friends can actually say that they have their very own "real" arcade style pinball machine in their own hose"
    I admit..it felt like a pinball machine....but it was just a kidney stone.

I asked him to wire me $1,000 to make sure his ad wasn't a scam.

1 week later
    #581 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbali:

My wife might dig it

Mine might, but no shaker motor.

#602 9 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

Pretty sure nothing from 1974 is in the $5 grand range.
    newjersey.craigslist.org link

The guy said its a triple action. Oh and the "analog" scoring is impossible to find in the NJ area so these games command a premium. Hahaha.

#604 9 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

haha yup. triple action. he "did his research" (pawn stars)

Just told me there is tons of interest in the game already. I'm yeah, people telling you that you're certifiably insane.

#605 9 years ago

Haha. His response when I told him his game was grossly overpriced:

Take a look at your car outside.. ford took a Taurus that was 14k and now charges 35K..that got peoples attn. and look what it did for ford.. now that's gross overpricing..

Hahahaha. This is ignorance at its finest.

#620 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dano:

BWAHAHAHAHA! Take them to a metal recycler and the $2.00 they are actually worth.

That's 2 bucks more than what I told him they were worth.

#622 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

says he spent 6 months restoring this game...looks like he should have spent another month or 2 on touching up around the bonus inserts...
    sandiego.craigslist.org link

should look more like this...

goodflash.jpg 83 KB

crappyflash.jpg 62 KB

Haha. I guess the cabinet and BG and coin door look okay. Maybe $150 for it and hope you have another playfield to put in it?

#649 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

UPDATE:
    I just bought this game last night...I already have a flash with a fantastic playfield but a cabinet that is in VERY rough shape...this cab and coin door is in really good shape, and the previous owner sent all the boards out a few months ago for reconditioning (it came with the receipts,he spent $275 on board work and another $100 on parts) it also came with manual,schematics and lots of spare parts
    The touch up work on the playfield is a joke but im going to put my playfield and backglass in the new cab with the reconditioned boards and keep a really nice flash.. then im going to put all the leftover parts together to make a playing machine that will be in rough cosmetic shape but be playable and sell it to cover the low price of the machine I bought.

That's a hell of a plan. Nice work.

#672 9 years ago

Whoops. Didn't see cheddar's post.

#683 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Looks like they're from a professional restore shop. Prices will always be inflated from shops.

Well I hope no one falls for it. That is ridiculous.

1 week later
    #729 9 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

I love flagging this guy becuase he gets so angry. Now he's having a full meltdown.

image.jpg 108 KB

haha awesome.

#740 9 years ago
    Quoted from skywelker:

His standards for being mint condition are pretty low!
    "No cracks in glass or wholes in wood"

He said that is just dust on top of the glass. I told him if he is representing a game as being in mint conddition you could at least clean it up before asking a premium for his game. That price is outrageous regardless though.

#749 9 years ago

That paragon was 4,000 days ago. I told him to cut the price in half and clean it up and take better pictures. At least he kind of listened to me.

#756 9 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

" target="_blank">cincinnati.craigslist.org link
    This guy keeps renewing this post lol. However, prices are still inflated.

I love the butthurt pinball collector CL posts. I do, however, appreciate the ones that warn of scam ads and crappy sellers.

#783 9 years ago

I just did. Here is her response.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest, but I have had several offers ranging from $1,000 up to $2300 and some one has placed a deposit to hold the game. Since I agreed to hold the game, and make payment arrangement I was able to get my asking price.

Good luck on your search.

#794 9 years ago

" target="_blank">indianapolis.craigslist.org link
    Of course there are no pics but it is a collectors item after all.

This guy is caving on his price fast if someone wants to look into it further. Just offered it to me for $1,200. I am not in the market, but if it works and is in decent shape, might be worth a shot to get it for under $1,000.

#796 9 years ago

I was going to buy one in that area for $400 a while back. I was headed that way the next day to get a whirlwind and I was going to pick them both up. The guy sold it out from under me. I wonder if it is the same one. I'd like to put one next the BK2K though.

Not sure. Worth a look since this just literally just emailed me. Maybe he can send pics that will let you know if the trip is worth it or not.

#844 9 years ago
    Quoted from lockednlit:

providence.craigslist.org link

Haha. JESUS. That guy sounds like fun.

#850 9 years ago

Haha. I'm starting to think all CL ads are a joke.

#858 9 years ago

I don't care what the Gorgar looks like. that is about double what I would pay. TZ seems pricey, but if it is nice enough, I think there would be interest.

#863 9 years ago
    Quoted from fanta:

" target="_blank">southjersey.craigslist.org link
    I am selling my Phantom of the Opera for $5000. I will consider other offers so please email me. This has been in my basement for over 20 years and is in great condition. Plays great, no errors, nada.
    I am looking for an Addams Family or an Indiana Jones (Williams) if you are willing to trade.
    Way off the mark on this one!!

Dang. does it come with 4 other POTOs?

#866 9 years ago

Haha I know right? That would take a very special type of person. That is someone that is well aware of the value of your average IJ and TAF, yet share this joker's outrageously comical valuation of poto. That, is a trade that will never, ever happen. Haha

1 week later
    #903 9 years ago

In the family could mean it was in the family owned bar.

Or a slaughter house.

#905 9 years ago

In case any of you guys are wondering that machine is in fully working players condition and will easily command the full asking price

Thank God. We were long overdue for a 100% working players condition game. It's been months.

#909 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-828.jpgimage-828.jpg

#917 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

_Bacon-Pile-Sandwich.jpg

Too much bread.

2 weeks later
    #958 8 years ago

Sounds like that dude needs to take a break from buying pins. Or at least looking for them. That's a pretty butt hurt ad right there.

#963 8 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

phoenix.craigslist.org link
    Earthshaker
    Haunted House
    SpiderMan (1980)
    Black Hole
    $5495 each. Or $21,000 for all 4.
    Great. Thanks.

I don't care if these were restored to perfect condition. I would never pay those prices. Dude should just keep them.

1 week later
    #994 8 years ago

Some one ask him if it is a buy one, get one free special haha.

2 weeks later
    #1033 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

sfbay.craigslist.org link
    WTF APRON
    bahhahaha
    -mof
    BK.png

Haha. Close enough.

1 month later
    #1099 8 years ago

Hahahaha. Cash or BJs??

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1102 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

What's the exchange rate?

That's a tough one. I think someone would rather give up a pin for free than have a random dude from Cleveland blow them haha.

#1107 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I hope someone posts a rebuttal and posts it here. The dude needs an "enlightenment" in so many ways.
    -mof

I have to think is a troll ad. Pittsburgh is a pretty huge pin area, and that just seems too outrageous to be true.

2 weeks later
    #1146 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

$9k for Wheel of. Fortune. That guy is a clueless dumbass!
    Just out of curiosity, what is the going rate for this machine? I am a EM guy and just want to know how much of a dumbass this guy is, since he KNOWS so much about pinball.

approx. 3,000-3,500 for a nice one.

1 month later
    #1201 8 years ago

I think this ad is coming up on a year and a half on CL. Happy anniversary!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1203 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

wow that pins not too far off on price. If they'd drop to 300 it's be gone

Yeah I'm sure people have inquired and they must not want to budge. Pretty sure it started out at like 800-900 though.

#1204 8 years ago

I have been noticing that ads that don't sell for a while are being relisted at higher prices, haha. Anyone else see this in their area? I feel like the app I'm using my be messed up though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.