Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,859 posts
  • 1,036 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by Atari1977
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 9.30.56?AM (resized).png
    IMG_0212 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c508.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1929 8 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I have seen games waste away in barns, storage warehouses, and containers by "hoarders" who refuse to part with a game because it is "worth more money". By the time it actually is available for sale, the owner is normally dead, and the machine has turned to ash.

Kind of like you were channeling Allen Ginsburg for a second there...

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness,
    starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking
    for an angry fix,
    angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly
    connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

I think if you spent more time on those lines it could rival HOWL (for the pinside community at least)!

1 month later
    #2203 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

First you get the money... then you get the pinballs... then you get... no. It pretty much stops at the second thing.

Nice Tony Montana reference, but you could actually get some beer too! Or maybe "then you get the mods"

4 weeks later
    #2428 8 years ago

I've seen multiple posts suggest it's one of the top candidates for re-make à la MMR.

2 months later
    #2741 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

If anyone in the Youngstown area wants a Road Show $2700 will apparently take it or you will be in a pit in his basement putting the lotion in the basket.

I prefer getting the hose again!

3 weeks later
    #2951 7 years ago

That's local for me I'll take a look (and report back) just for lols!

3 weeks later
    #3062 7 years ago

That's insane... The best original KISS I have ever seen (which looked factory new) was $7,000 and I thought that was a stretch.

2 months later
    #3280 7 years ago

That MAME cabinet looks awful too.

3 months later
    #3519 7 years ago

One thing Captain Fantastic has going for it is reminding the next generation that Elton John used to be cool and hip and sexy... something I myself did not realize until seeing Cap. F. and looking up more about his past.

Growing up I just thought he was gross and old... probably the same reaction kids today have to the current incarnation of Madonna.

But yeah, way overpriced.

#3523 7 years ago

ToucanF16 and metalkatt I appreciate and agree with your comments, nevertheless you may find yourself agreeing with some of what Camille Paglia (whose full response is included in the linked article below) has written.

Please note Paglia was one of her earliest fans and defenders in the 80s and 90s!

"The number one issue in Madonna’s current path of self-destruction is her embarrassing inability to deal with aging. She has failed to study the example of her great role model, Marlene Dietrich, who retained her class and style to the end. Madonna keeps chasing after youth, humiliating herself with vulgar displays, like the horrendously trashy, buttock-baring outfit she wore to the Metropolitan Museum of Art Gala in May.

She has become a cringe-making pastiche of ratty blonde hair extensions and artificially swollen cheeks, obscuring the magnificent classic bone structure that made her one of the most photogenic celebrities of the 1990s. In her struggles to stay relevant, Madonna has debased herself with adolescent, pitifully inept Instagrams that cannot compete with Rihanna’s brilliant work in that genre."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4029528/Feminist-Camille-Paglia-hits-Madonna-s-claims-rebuffed-female-peers-start-career.html#ixzz4TUpmQb00

#3525 7 years ago

More importantly @GPS, how do you feel about Madonna?

2 weeks later
    #3555 7 years ago

It looks like stills from a video from one of those deep sea robots for investigating shipwrecks...

3 weeks later
    #3681 7 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Just saw this now. Not sure if it's been posted yet or not since I don't really follow this thread but...
    chicago.craigslist.org link

That's too good to pass on archiving it (before it is removed).

Enjoy!

Best CL (resized).JPGBest CL (resized).JPG

3 months later
    #4070 6 years ago

ORIGINAL PRE-DISTRIBUTION DISTRIBUTOR COPIES

pinball promo videos - $110 each (ALGONQUIN)

chicago.craigslist.org link

#4071 6 years ago

At least there is a picture so you can take a look before you drive out there!

PBVids (resized).JPGPBVids (resized).JPG

6 months later
    #5043 6 years ago

Smiled when I came across this off Pinside while looking at old video game cabinets.

Could this be the inspiration for the "MAME in a whiskey barrel" ads that plague the IN, Mich, Ohio, & IL. Craigslists?

Actually this looks way cooler than those MAMEs do (but I still wouldn't want one of these either).

barrell pong 6cae2ef2392178a9e8729f707fbe94f1 (resized).jpgbarrell pong 6cae2ef2392178a9e8729f707fbe94f1 (resized).jpg

1 year later
    #6026 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Cuz fuck this game
    [quoted image]

Dude overpaid for it... (and I say that as a happy GB Premium owner and fan).

#6027 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

That is former pinsider radrog and he had 10 machines even made threads about how he had 10 of the best machines.I remember his pictures because I was going to go there and play and after a few more post by him I changed my mind.

Yeah dude was very strange and I got the impression he came into a large sum of money and promptly blew it all on shiny things then got upset that he couldn’t continue to spend at that level once it was all gone and also because he wasn’t getting the respect he (felt he) deserved on Pinside...

I was going to buy his MB but communications were so erratic and bizarre that I passed and am now extremely glad I will be getting a much cheaper and better MBr LE instead.

Also, I suspect some of his games have been stored in an unheated garage with some temperature swings due to rotating in and out of house (though he probably stopped doing that once his interest in pinball peaked and maybe they have been sitting in that lineup since he quit Pinside?).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c508.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=c508 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.