Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,861 posts
  • 1,037 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 minutes ago by joeaf
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240330_081851_Facebook.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VDrums2112.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4679 6 years ago

I played a Travel Time at a show once. I don't know if it was the way it was setup or what because I'm not that good of a player, but I rolled it twice, got bored, let it drain and let the time run out.

-Steve

1 month later
    #4825 6 years ago
    Quoted from wantdataeast:

Aztec EM & Stars that need repair for $5200
    "Pinball machines games, both work but could use repairs $5200"
    cincinnati.craigslist.org link

People are just stupid!

-Steve

1 month later
    #5062 6 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

His loss is our incredible find...
    seattle.craigslist.org link

I saw a link to this one on FB... How in the hell do these people honestly think that an EM is worth 7K to 9K "easy"??? Do they even research stuff before they price it? Are they looking for a sucker? Do they watch too much Pawn Stars or American Pickers? Do they think the "listing" price is the same as a "sold for" price on eBay? Do other hobbies experience sellers that have absolutely no freaking clue what things are worth? And I'll bet if you said "Hey Buddy, your Little Chief is really only worth about $500", he'd get totally offended, pissed and tell you to fuck off because he doesn't know any better and thinks he's sitting on gold... These kinds of ads totally baffle me.

-Steve

#5075 6 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

His loss is our incredible find...

So I decided to try and honestly educate this guy on the value of his machine. He hasn't cussed me... yet. He's certainly not "in the hobby" and assumes I'm not either because he still insists that his price is justifiable and he's saving me $7,000... Here's what has transpired so far. I'll admit I was kind of trying to poke the bear with my opening comment.

to 2j864-64098817.

ME:
    You're kidding, right?

craigslist 6409881701 <[email protected]>
    Dec 4 (1 day ago)

to 37698c3ddf9631.

HIM:
    Your a liberal, right?

Steve <[email protected]>
    2:24 AM (20 hours ago)

ME:
    Actually, no. I was just curious what research you did to come up with a price of $1,990 for your Little Chief, much less a value of "7K - 9K easy"? If you invested "thousands in restoration", I'm afraid you got taken. Although your game is a very nice example, way better than most I've seen, Little Chief is still only a $400 to $600 game. Yours coming in at the higher end of that scale.

The link below is a good reference in establishing current market value. It was last updated 11/20/17. Games are listed alphabetically by name and based on "SOLD" listings.

http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay112017.htm

Best of luck to you.

HIM:
    Try getting someone to work on one of these games on-site for less than $125 an hour.

I am desperately trying to save you almost $7,000.  I understand if you are too poor to afford a good pinball machine.

I hope you do well at the Food Bank this Christmas Season.

ME:
    to craigslist

I see that you at least took some of what I said to heart by editing your ad to say "May be worth thousand more easy, overseas even more!!! ", rather than "worth 7 - 9 thousand easy". Look, I have no intention on buying your game. I don't even live anywhere remotely close to Seattle. The only reason I saw your ad in the first place  is because someone posted a link to it on a Facebook pinball group and people were making fun of your ad. I've given you the resources to properly price your game in the current market. I'm just a pinball hobbyist trying to keep you from scratching your head come Valentine's Day wondering why your game hasn't sold yet since you "need the cash fast for Christmas".

Happy Holidays

END

So, we'll see if he responds or not. I don't usually waste my time with ads like this, but for some reason this one struck a nerve. I understand that anybody can ask whatever they want for their games and that's fine by me, but this guy is totally delusional and has visions of grandeur and dollar signs in his head.

-Steve

#5086 6 years ago

His last response was "I'll sell it for 2K before Christmas".... And that's where I'll leave it. He WON'T sell it for 2K. He should just keep it and enjoy it.

-Steve

#5087 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Why does what you said deserve a knee jerk political response?

LOL - I thought the same thing. He assumes I'm liberal AND poor.

-Steve

1 week later
    #5149 6 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

This was ridiculous. #WTF
    minneapolis.craigslist.org link

So this Dad is gonna take his son's toy away, that he built himself, and sell it on CL??? Smooth move Dad!

-Steve

2 weeks later
    #5208 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Here's another Dr.Game special. Check out that yellow on the playfield. What a great touch up hahahaha.
    ebay.com link » Bally Playboy Pinball

So aside from the fact that he's asking way to much for this game, did this guy never pass English in school? I may only have a high school education, but I can at least write something that is halfway presentable and readable for shit's sake.

And if any of you comes up with some silly ass run on sentence, this entire class is gonna feel... my... wraf! Now, where is A-A-Ron? Is there an A-A-Ron in here?

-Steve

#5212 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Also "Wrath" not wraf.

1 week later
    #5232 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Anything pinball must be gold(right)

Dude, think of all the bank you'd make selling gumballs!

-Steve

#5233 6 years ago

This is probably $15 worth of diodes... And the best part is, I know this guy!

-Steve

louisville.craigslist.org link

#5236 6 years ago

I guess people really do fall for that "under market price, Buy It Now" scam... I've never bought a game that wasn't a face to face cash transaction. I buy games from people I already know locally and bought one game from a guy I met at an out of town show. But I would never send a payment to someone I've never met in person (eBay, Craigslist, Pinside, Facebook, etc.). If it's a game I want badly enough, I'll drive a 10 hour radius and pick it up myself. But it has to be from someone that at least knows someone I know. I'm not saying everyone I don't know isn't trustworthy, you just have to be careful.

-Steve

Quoted from Biffbar:

Slightly OT, an Ebay scammer whack-a-mole, who keeps relisting an "HUO" Black Hole through hijacked accounts. Been up at least 3x so far. Below market "buy it now" comes up in an image when you open "see full item description". Other Items on offer: cameras, high end bikes, etc.
    ebay.com link » Gottlieb Black Hole Pinball Machine Leds Huo
    EDIT: $5.49 to start, can still see the game on the 1st page of results, but the listing was pulled (again).

1 week later
    #5277 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

but who puts a pinball in the kitchen?

I did once for a party. (Brought two games back from a show and hadn't taken them back downstairs yet) Don't have access to picks right now but it was a big kitchen!

-Steve

#5278 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Not into bidding wars anymore either. Love it when people now email you back after you agree to the original price and say "I just got an offer of $XX, (which is above what they listed the game for). They want to come today. What is your offer?"

And then after you tell them to get lost you get yet another email saying "That deal fell through, do you still want it for the listing price?"... Then you know they were full of shit.

-Steve

1 month later
    #5412 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

newyork.craigslist.org link
    anyone....?

LOL... I'm at $2.00!!

-Steve

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VDrums2112.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=VDrums2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.