Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,873 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matesamo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3406 7 years ago

I downloaded an app to notify me when a listing with the word Pinball goes up and I am still often too late, lol.

3 weeks later
    #3448 7 years ago

Working or not working? Proper equipment? Cash waiting? Seems like a pro fishing for some deals, lol. Nice touch with the "looking for Christmas cheer" part.

#3455 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"Flipper"
    A lot of bottom feeders right now in the hobby.
    None of them are "Mr. Fix It".
    Their special skills are hooking and gutting.

The majority of posts right now in my area are "looking to buy" or wierd posts for things like new trucks for $1500 that come up when you search for Pinball. It's quickly becoming a waste of time.

2 weeks later
    #3507 7 years ago

The most amazing thing to me is the quality of "pinball wanted" posts that we get here in New England. Bad spelling, horrible grammar and vague statements make me wonder if anyone serious ever responds. They remind me of those "I buy homes for cash" handwritten signs people stick in the ground at intersections. Who responds?

3 weeks later
    #3559 7 years ago
    Quoted from Catalyze:

Sometimes you do all you can in life and someone keeps raining on your Craigslist parade:
    charlotte.craigslist.org link
    I wonder if the "loser" is the same guy who keeps posting the Gumball Machine Scam ad? Sorry....didn't mean to get all of you caught up in the drama in my state.

I just have to know, what is the Gumball Machine ad scam?

#3579 7 years ago

We have to preserve the Street Fughter photo for future generations! Kids, this is not how you advertise a $2500 item!

IMG_6070 (resized).JPGIMG_6070 (resized).JPG

4 months later
    #4139 6 years ago

Not sure if this has been posted before or not:

boston.craigslist.org link

"Selling vintage pinball machines and jukebox - some need repairs can used others for parts selling all in one
    lot . All pinball machines. Jukebox (2) sold not sold with lot. Selling items as is."

It is being sold as a lot under the title "Vintage Pinball Machines" and includes a Target Alpha. So far, so good. Also includes a Star Explorer home unit, shuffle alley pin bowler, Demolition Derby home unit, an arcade game or some sort and a Jukebox. There are photos of two different Jukebox machines in the listing but I guess only one of them is included.

A friend went to look at the lot and it appeared that they were salvaged from a building that suffered fire damage. Sot on the items, water damage and so fourth. Started out around a thousand and has dropped to $600.

Craigslistlaughs2 (resized).jpgCraigslistlaughs2 (resized).jpg

Craigslistlaughs1 (resized).jpgCraigslistlaughs1 (resized).jpg

Craigslistlaughs3 (resized).jpgCraigslistlaughs3 (resized).jpg

#4141 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I was somewhat tempted to grab that Target Alpha, but it didn't look that great, even through the blurry photo. Thanks for the details.

I would probably take a flyer on Target Alpha if it was available separately but I certainly do not need a bowler, Jukebox, arcade cabinet and two home pinball units as well. Just a strange grouping of items to sell as a lot.

1 month later
    1 week later
    #4374 6 years ago

Or you can look it up on Ebay and see that there are not bids and that is did not sell last time at $110. Why they increased the starting bid by $45 after it did not sell the first time is beyond me.

#4408 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Full Title: "Man Cave"
    Full Description: "Not Working"
    Price: $2,000
    ebay.com link » Man Cave

How does he have nearly 2000 feedback and been on Ebay for fifteen years and still not know to include the item name anywhere in the auction? Hell he doesn't even use the word pinball...

#4416 6 years ago

Strange choice to have the monitor horizontal instead of vertical.

1 month later
    #4733 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

nh.craigslist.org link
    It's over priced, but hey it comes with the manual and Key!

Flagged for removal? What was it?

#4735 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

TAF. I posted a screenshot before it was taken down.

Ah, did not see you quoted the message. That's odd. There is a post on Facebook marketplace with a machine that in the description states the photo is not the machine. Not a great selling strategy.

#4744 6 years ago

Forgive this non-Craigslist ad but I got a chuckle out of it. Plastic toy, shakey legs and doesn't work. Better jump on it quick!

IMG_2246 (resized).PNGIMG_2246 (resized).PNG

1 week later
    #4763 6 years ago

I don't think I could ever trust an independent contractor who quoted me a repair price and then expect to be paid more. Geez. You set your own prices man.

2 weeks later
    #4812 6 years ago

There are some very specific trade requests in some of these posts!

"Cash only but may consider a partial trade for a late model Yamaha gas golf cart that is fuel injected plus cash.

#4827 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Uuhhh, wait the flippers are wired together? That can’t be right.

Nope, that's how the home units were, both flippers activate when either button is pressed.

1 month later
    #4953 6 years ago

At least they did not drill through the cabinet.

2 weeks later
    #5040 6 years ago

That has to be someone having a laugh! Pretty funny though.

1 week later
    #5096 6 years ago

Someone listed two machines as "Pinball Machines" on Facebook marketplace. I looked at them and saw they were actually Bingo machines. I sent him a message that he may get some more interest if he listed Bingo Machines in the title and they responded that they were pinball machines and to mind my own business.

-shrug-

#5128 6 years ago

This is not from Craigslist nor is it funny but it is rather headshaking! A nine year old game, bought new and played an average of 9 times A YEAR. Why even buy it if no one will ever play it? Should have put that 5k into Bitcoin, lol.

****Mr. Pinball Classifieds****
    CSI, 2008 Stern: 5,200
    Beautiful collector quality. As new as if you just took it out of the box. Original owner. Home use only. Goody bag still stapled inside. Leg protectors since day one. Only 54 plays, yes 54! Absolutely perfect condition. Will provide pictures of anything you'd like to see.

7 months later
    #5756 5 years ago
    Quoted from setzkor:

There's a pic of the machine now...
    [quoted image]

That guy thinks he made the score of his lifetime, lol. Great way to transport it! Looks like it was on the side of the road and he just tossed it in the back of the truck.

5 months later
    #6096 5 years ago

boston.craigslist.org link

"Most of the paint is pretty good. The glass is good"

I guess most of the remaining paint is good. Glass itself isn't cracked. I guess.

GlassMissingPaint (resized).jpgGlassMissingPaint (resized).jpgPaintsMissing (resized).jpgPaintsMissing (resized).jpg
    4 months later
    #6354 4 years ago

Not sure if this is some sort of filter or if they are underwater or what.

Gulf Stream (resized).JPGGulf Stream (resized).JPGhit run (resized).JPGhit run (resized).JPG
    3 months later
    #6551 4 years ago

Sure, sounds great.

PinballLaugh (resized).JPGPinballLaugh (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #6578 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Just some TLC needed[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have messaged him three times about picking it up and got no response. I have a friend looking for a total overhaul machine as a school project that this would be perfect for.

#6580 4 years ago

Craigslist spam filters working as good as usual.

Thorobred (resized).JPGThorobred (resized).JPG
    #6581 4 years ago

Pretty nice as far as coffee tables made from pinball machines go.

Spiderman (resized).JPGSpiderman (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #6616 4 years ago

If you are going to be snarky in your ad can we at least see the playfield or a photo of the machine not being used as a storage shelf?

Slugfest (resized).JPGSlugfest (resized).JPG
    #6621 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

I got him to add 10 more pictures. I had told him I’d take it if the playfield was ok, but I thought it was Middletown, Ct, but now I see it’s NY.
    hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

What’s a couple more hours? You can hit Rock Fantasy while you are there!

#6627 4 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

Here it is. I've done nothing besides drive 800 miles and plug it in here on the northern boundary in Vermont. Not sure what color the balls are supposed to be, but I stopped at Pinball Resource and picked up a new set and the colors are nothing alike. Bunch of lights out too. The guy was a great guy.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Someday I will grab one for myself.

#6628 4 years ago

I am not sure of the idea of putting $1000 worth of lighting into a Vegas machine...

Vegas (resized).JPGVegas (resized).JPG
    #6642 4 years ago

One one hand I am impressed with the whole thing mechanically. A spring loaded backglass that pops up? Pretty cool! On the other hand how do you play this? Kneeling on the ground in front of it? Its not built for legs so I guess you would kneel or sit on a very small chair. Dunno.

SpringLoadedBackglass (resized).JPGSpringLoadedBackglass (resized).JPG
    2 months later
    #6896 4 years ago

Kind of a re-theme?

PinballShark (resized).JPGPinballShark (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #6941 4 years ago

Sure, why not?

Arkades (resized).JPGArkades (resized).JPGArkades2 (resized).jpgArkades2 (resized).jpg
    #6943 4 years ago

Now I am no LED snob, far from it but man... this is a lot of green LEDs behind the backglass that is usually very cool looking.

LostWorld (resized).JPGLostWorld (resized).JPG
    #6944 4 years ago

I took a closer look at the pinball machine photos and it looks like it has/had some mice move in.

Mouse (resized).JPGMouse (resized).JPG
    2 weeks later
    #6983 4 years ago

Water damaged bottom, major flaking, no playfield photos. $400 and up. And up!

Card (resized).JPGCard (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matesamo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=Matesamo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.