Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,874 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 minutes ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1551 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ring-Them-Bells:

" target="_blank">columbiamo.craigslist.org link
    "I am selling an antique "vintage" Japanese pinball machine. The "Pachinko" game is most easily described as the pinball game. The one I have is in great condition although it needs the steel balls replaced. They were missing when I acquired it. I am asking $ 700.00 a bargain considering they can easily be sold for $1000 and up. This money is needed to go towards transportation so I can get back and forth to work. I would be open to trading it for a scooter / moped something that I don't need to insure or tag. Be realistic and dont insult my intelligence plz."

I would trade my 1985 scooter/moped, but at the price ratio it's worth 20 grand! So, plz don't try to full me and my intellijence!!!!!

Some of the ads are funny. I way over paid/traded for my HS but I knew what was going on, and I really wanted it for a project. Right now! I've seen some steals on craigslist too! 3 em's for a hundred bucks was one, not too long ago. They did not look bad either. I think they were on for less than an hour. I always see them too late though! Someone around here is faster at it!

#1561 8 years ago
    Quoted from mhkohne:

Be realistic?
    OK, here's a realistic version:
    --
    I need some cash or some way to get to work because I got a DUI and they took my car.
    I didn't put up a picture of this thing because I know my grandparents (in whose basement I found this) bought it from Montgomery Wards in the 70's when they were imported by the assload. And I know it's worth about $25, instead of the hundreds that a modern imported Pachinko would cost.
    In short, I've screwed up my life and I'm trying get someone else to bail my ass out. Again.
    --
    Realistic enough?

Or.....I bought this at an auction or garage sale, paying way too much for it, after watching storage wars and American pickers. I thought I had gold and hit the jackpot! Then found out I way, way over paid and I want to pass the loss to some other poor sucker!

#1573 8 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

A "simple fuse" is out. Easy Fix
    cincinnati.craigslist.org link

I do like the playfield on that one. It looks kind of cool! Might not be a bad deal if it is a simple fix. I doubt it though! I've heard that line many times before! In cars,bikes,4 wheelers,boats, you name it! It ran/worked when I parked/last played it...... If it's just a simple fuse? Why not change it and up the price?

1 year later
    #4801 6 years ago

That Bat shit covered HighSpeed wouldn't scare me! That's my type of project! I always seem to end up with shit!

I'm the bottom of the barrel project guy! Wish it was closer!

Wait till you guys find my project for sale! There are all kinds of jokes there!

I'll try to post a link, when i originally listed it I was serious, I have little experience in buying and selling, ...Then I did the research on the machine last night. It has been floating around for years, and many mentions of it in threads up to 2 years ago... I had no idea......I was going to pull the ad in a few days. Just in case someone is really looking for that title for a project. I guess I way over paid...it's a mess!

So, here it is! Cracking on my own ad!
    nwga.craigslist.org link

1 week later
    #4846 6 years ago

I don't think he's too out of hand...$150? Isn't there enough parts there?

I'm still fairly new...So I don't know prices yet...If that was local, I'd be the guy offering 100 bucks for the parts...But maybe I'd be way over paying?

#4851 6 years ago

Who knows...The original might look half way decent under the vinyl?

#4862 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

This gem on E-bay which "NEEDS NEW RUBBER FOR FLAPPERS" has an asking price of $7500. The condition it is in it might be worth $75.
    ebay.com link » 1977 Evel Knievel Bally Pinball Machine Working
    I always wonder how people come up with these totally unrealistic prices. When I listed stuff on E-bay I did a search on what items like it sold for in the past and tried to stay within that range.

WOW....I have no idea what those games are worth...But...Look at that side art!
    Ya..7500 seems a little bit out of my range for a project!

1 week later
    #4888 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

There are days... people.
    Shove your advice "Tom Jones" it is listed for $500, you are the goat roper who initiated this conversation at $200
    If I stated $450 was as low as I go in the ad you would have started at $100!

You were nicer about it than I would have been.... I don't mind people trying to negotiate price. I do it too sometimes. But when they get insulting or have "advice" when things don't work out their way, and have to act like little kids? Ok! It's mine(whatever is for sale) and I'll sell it how ever I want! And now that I've gotten advice from them in a negative way like above? The price just went to $600 for them. Even if they don't buy it you still have to let them know an A-hole fee was just added if they actually want it.

#4896 6 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

Nicer (and willing to engage longer) than I would have been too. Anyone who offers 1/2 (or less) of an asking price is a tool. That is insulting and what I hate about the anonymity of texts. You’d have to have balls of steel to look me in the eye like a man and offer half what I’m asking because I’d look you in the eye and tell you to go F yourself.

Some of these guys are bad! The last machine I bought the owner was hesitant to even talk to me at first. His first offers on the machine were a 100 bucks in texts......After he told me that, I said.."My first offer is $350? without even seeing it!"and to me that would have been stealing it! We ended up at $500 with some other things thrown in. A little more than I wanted to pay but I wanted the machine as a project pretty bad. I couldn't believe the offers he was telling me people were giving at 100 bucks though...haha And It probably works sometimes or they wouldn't do it.

No way could I look a guy in the face and say..."ya...Well..I know your asking 700 but...She's a little rough...I'll give ya 100 bucks!"

I could care less what people offer. It's their offer. I either take it or leave it. It's when they start getting mad about it. On the flip side? I may want too much for some things. It's just what I want for whatever reason. They don't need to get mad about that either..Just don't buy it! haha...And If I have to sell? They might catch me on the right day and get it cheap. I've done that too!

#4898 6 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I try to price pins (or anything for that matter) I throw on CL or Ebay in what I feel is in the reasonable range. Like I stated, where are you going to find a fully shopped pin with new elastics, ball, bulbs, stripped and waxed and every contact cleaned & adjusted, scoring reels cleaned, lubed and adjusted and doesn't look like a train wreck for $450?
    For Pinsiders I'll even do less.. well since they are Pinsiders.
    Been a few people on CL who have thrown $100 "offers" at me, I just delete the e-mail or text unanswered.

I agree!! When I sell stuff, It's either because I have to to get some cash. Or just a her it is, take it or leave it, just to see if someone has more interest in it than me. So, I'm all over the place on how I price my stuff. If it's one of those times that I don't need the cash? I may like the person or even want to help them out and practically give it to them. Or if they start to get an attitude? I may not budge.

If I have to sell it? Sometimes it's just to scrape up money, other times I try to recover what I have in it. Like my last sale. I was upfront with the condition, and had to get what I was asking.

So...I'm all over the place with prices at times. Just depends on a few things. And never to "rip anyone off" it's just my price.

Now...Watch!! You will get a $600 or $700 offer for your new listing! Would not surprise me one bit! In other hobbies we use to play with prices to see what would happen. You would be surprised sometimes! Price it reasonable and they think something is wrong with it...

#4906 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

The Letgo response would be more like this.
    Is this still available?
    Yes
    Its really cool and I will take it but I only have $200. I'm going to ask my mom if she will let me have / borrow 400 and I will pay her back on the 21st of never. So will you hold it for 200 then I will bring you 400 more if and when my mom let's me have it. I'm a single dad so money is tight.
    Keep in mind your asking 700 and he never even says will you take 600 and no real date on when he is going to come up with the other 400 of if he ever even can.
    Or my favorite response can I take it and then make payments
    NO

I had a car motor on craigslist years back....A guy asked if I'd trade for a Python and really needed the motor for his car. I said sure! Thinking a colt python.....I didn't realize he meant a freakin snake! I backed out of that one!

I've even messed with people back.....Sure I'll trade! I'll even throw in my wife! She eats a lot of chips, smokes cigs all day, and stays on the couch so no one steals it! Doesn't cook, clean, and is mean as hell! Usually they go away after that. I use to have all kinds of come backs for everything. People didn't know what to think.

#4921 6 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I am seeing a lot of “Prototype” F-14 Tomcats on eBay as well lately. I always harass them about it. Non pinheads know not what Prototype implies.

Here is why....

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=804

At first look I thought I had one too....The first runs must have just been mixed. I don't believe mine is a prototype, but it does share some of the same things that link talks about. I can see how someone with the early games might think it's a prototype. I have number 95184

#4923 6 years ago

Honestly, I’m not sure if anyone can really know for sure if they have an actual prototype. But if you know what to look for, the cab paint job is the first most obvious sign. Take a look at the F-14 flyer back picture.

Ya..My cab art doesn't match that...I have the red lines. I have no clue how they would know for sure other than the X after the game number 554-x....If I understand it right. I have most of my stickers and none of them have that. But by reading that article I can see how people might get mixed up. Heck the bottom of my cabinet is even a little different than what I see in pictures. So these things must have just been changed here and there along the way through production...Like anything else.

#4925 6 years ago

If you don’t see that prototype paint job and an x in the serial number, look no further. It’s not a prototype.

That's when I stopped looking and realized there were just batches of differences in production.
    I would imagine "inspected by" stickers are a dead give away too!

This might get people confused too......My sound Roms are marked "P-1".....No clue what it means, but someone could take that as a Proto sticker too...

p-1 001 (resized).JPGp-1 001 (resized).JPG

#4930 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

1979 Bally's kiss pinball - $8300 (toledo)
    Games of this quality go for like 10000.00 I'm unloading it
    toledo.craigslist.org link

I'm going to use that in my next ad..."I'm unloading it!!!!"

#4934 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Since it's been discussed recently, perhaps that machine is a "Prototype"

Thats custom! Just "like" factory!

#4936 6 years ago
    Quoted from Evilive69:

WTF!!
    washingtondc.craigslist.org link

"The ball occasionally sticks."

So? Uhhhhhmmm? If the ball didn't occasionally stick? Then how much would it be?

1 week later
    #4951 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe there were no leg levers, or only a set on the front and not the back? Or maybe they used the wrong legs? Or had a kid who couldn't reach and didn't have a step stool?
    Who can say

That looks like something My grandfather would have done. "fixed it!"

1 week later
    #4975 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The internet is a strange place.
    And so is walmart at 2am.

It doesn't even have to be 2am here...2pm is close enough!

That spider man pic cracks me up! That almost looks on purpose. How do you miss that when listing?

2 weeks later
    #5060 6 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

His loss is our incredible find...
    seattle.craigslist.org link

"must unload ASAP."

"unload" is a word that people should stay away from in ads.

The last time I heard that? I was in a bar parking lot years ago being motioned to a trunk...."Psssst...Come here. You want to buy any of this stuff? I have to unload it ASAP!!!"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joker2415.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=Joker2415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.